Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Bevik be te werda'vod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basaba Willamina

A'den and Alor be aliit Willamina
ivfLNKP.gif

scMq34r.gif
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Blaster Staff
  • Size: Average
  • Weight: Average
  • Ammunition Type: Concentrated Energy
  • Ammunition Capacity: Very Small
  • Effective Range: Long Range
  • Rate of Fire: Very Low
  • Stopping Power: High
  • Recoil: Low
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Sword
  • Size: Average
  • Weight: Average
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Lightsaber resistant staff
  • Able to switch modes
STRENGTHS
  • Advanced Power Source: Designed with an iso-didact power source giving it a massive and long shelf life.
  • High Quality: Designed with the chai la plating allowing it to repair itself aand be light as a feather to the ones holding it. CHanneling their energies through it as well as the power sources.
  • Stopping Power: The highly explosive blast created by the staffs head is two fold in design. It can fire the standard energy blast or it can channel the witches energy for dathomiri spellwork.
WEAKNESSES
  • Built in power source: Designed with its own internal power source that is long lasting but it is largely able to power the weapon and its ability to maintain itself.
  • Self Repairing: Built to repair itself over time depending on the damage from minutes to hours to days.
DESCRIPTION
Modeled after Dathomiri witch staffs and built to a mandalorian standard using the prized Cabur Kad of Valen. The Blastsword from Adumar were made for decoration. A nobleman's weapon to show status but it could still be dangerous. The staff is no different as it provides a slender shaft and tip that opens to reveal the blaster barrel. The inner workings are duraplast with the cannister of gas in the bottom of the shaft working as a weight to counter the head.

Grooves from durasteel provide the grip and trigger as pressure needs to be applied to open the tip and then charge up the shot to fire. A strong and concentrated disruptor blast can damage most surfaces depending on the materials and impact but it is severely limited in shots per cannister and reloading takes time. The disruptor in many ways operating like a blaster just using a more concentrated amount of gas in the canister. This creates a low ammo count that can be used but its primary application as a melee weapon and surprise attack provide some good works.

The staffs is lighter beskar alloy and when in combat with a lightsaber is able to resist but under constant attack it will break and lose material. Losing fragments but it is not wholly brittle a profecient melee fight can make it into a danger weapons. The choice to go with disruptor was to provide a strong attack that wouldn't mirror ancient Imperial tech that was used but rapid fire. A slow rate and charge up allowing for that one powerful shot that can handle most if not all enemies is a good thign to go with.

The reloading of it is impractical in close combat with needed to pop the casing on the bottom and eject the canister and then insert a new one before putting the casing back on. In the hands of a skilled user the process takes sixty seconds to make sure it is not in danger of misfiring or exploding in the chamber. The weight of the weapon is higher then most expect making training with it a requirment to use and unwieldy in some situations. The location of the trigger grip requires a full hand to be around it and apply pressure to each section while the ends that contain the cannister and tip which houses the end of the barrel. It takes some work but it is not impossible to make it explode by damaging the powercell/gas cannister.(basic knowledge that the weapon has them inside it and to focus on that area instead of the more common middle)

Last edited:

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
[member="Basaba Willamina"]

A few things I'd like clarified.

-What point does Electrum serve in being in this submission?
-Exactly how saber resistant is the staff?
-How quick/efficient is reloading? Is it feasible during combat?
-Any particular reason for having a Disruptor rather than a traditional blaster? Or even an Ion or Sonic blaster?

Basaba Willamina

Valik said:
What point does Electrum serve in being in this submission?
Cosmetic and for the grooves. Mostly because traditionally gold is maliable and easier to form. It provides something to grip and apply pressure to. I can change it if you would like to common durasteel.

Valik said:
Exactly how saber resistant is the staff?
I have thought about this, Beskar alloy is usually mixed. It could be used for armor or for plating on the underside of a speeder. If possible I would say strong enough to resist sabers in melee but it can chip away like cortosis would eventually even resisting a saber.

Valik said:
How quick/efficient is reloading? Is it feasible during combat?
Depending on the combat range, if someone is coming and you have distance it is more useable. If they are standing there and you have the moment to use it for a quick shot it is useable but you need them to stand still long enough to charge up. Reloading it is fastish, ejecting and putting in a new one easy. but I'd say it is kind of like a musket with the casing. You got to open, pop the canister, slap in a new one, close the casing, flip the staff.

Valik said:
Any particular reason for having a Disruptor rather than a traditional blaster? Or even an Ion or Sonic blaster?
Because having a sonic shot while being a beskar staff seems like overkill a little for fighting force users.

I don't think ion or an ionic disruptor would be as useful. While we do fight some droids it hasn't been enough to merit more then our current ion weapons.

If I used a blaster well there is a canon weapon for that and I wanted to try and avoid having it seem like a complete Ma'tok rip. Blaster functionality would make this just like the jaffa weapons.

I hope that answers the questions and I will add everythign you wish into the submission after I sleep [member="Valik"]

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
The Electrum seems unnecessary, and considering the rarity of the material I'd appreciate it if it was removed. As for the Beskar Alloy I admittedly glanced over it last night, I thought you getting lightsaber resistance from somewhere else and was a bit confused. The lightsaber resistance is fine on that end. As for the disruptor, I don't like it, but at limited production I suppose it's okay. However Disruptor pistols and rifles in Canon typically had ten shots or less, with dedicated rifles having a range of maybe twenty meters. Considering this is a melee weapon first and a disrupter second I'm going to have to ask you reduce the ammo count to one and the range to about 5m.

Basaba Willamina said:
Reloading it is fastish, ejecting and putting in a new one easy. but I'd say it is kind of like a musket with the casing. You got to open, pop the canister, slap in a new one, close the casing, flip the staff.
"Fastish" and "like a musket" don't really go together. A 17th century Musket could casually be fired every 15 seconds or so, though in war they'd speed it up and bypass some steps(Notably unsafely and causing around a 20-25% misfire rate) and get a shot out every 8 seconds or so. I'm going to assume that reloading is too slow to use in melee combat? Speaking of misfire, is there any potential of a premature shot due to all the kinetic energy bouncing around when it's whacking/getting whacked?

Also 7kg is awfully heavy. I don't mind it personally, but if you wish to keep the weight I'd prefer a line or two in the description about it being unwieldy.

[member="Basaba Willamina"]

Basaba Willamina

[member="Valik"]

Muskets always seemed to take longer in movies most likely for dramatic effect.

It has been edited a skilled reload takes 60 seconds

Lines added for its unwieldly size and electrum replaced with durasteel

FACTORY MODIFICATION TEMPLATE
Submission Name: Ranger's Projector
Link to Submission: Ranger's Projector
Reason for Factory Modification Request: updates

Submission Name: Ranger's Wrist Rocket
Link to Submission: Ranger's Wrist Rocket
Reason for Factory Modification Request: updates

Submission Name: Bevik be te werda'vod