Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC Elenan Bal'yin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Elenan Bal'yin,
Loyalties: Susefvi and the Suarbi system
Role: President of the Susefvi Government
Development Threads: If requested
Species: Caamasi
Force-Sensitive: No
Appearance: Elenan's fur is gray now, with little of the soft golden color left, and three stripes several centimeters wide made of black fur going vertically down his forehead and across his face until stopping at the top of his snout. His eyes are still young, that same golden brown and cheery spark that old-timers remember back in the day, although. He walks with a cane now and has a bit of a hunched back, although he still retains some of his youthful strength, and can often be seen doing cardio workouts to keep himself healthy and fit, despite his worsening back condition.

His snout leans more towards a snout that some might consider more bear-like, but without the fur or carnivorous teeth. They can also be seen sporting a dashing pair of spectacles he uses to read his reports with. His usual attire is composed of ground-length robes that are usually blue, Caamasi sandals, and a small pouch he uses to hold his comlink and datapad. Between the blue robes, spectacles, and walking stick, most citizens will recognize him if they're at least reasonably well informed of politics. Unless having spent time researching beforehand, most foreigners (especially ones from planets without Caamasi populations) wouldn't be able to tell him apart from the rest of his species.

Personality: As a Caamasi, he is a respectful of all life that he meets and is generally a kind person with strong ideas about politics and personal strength to stand by those ideals. Fairly laid back and a good listener in person, but also a strong and passionate orator, known for his charismatic speeches that are well organized, logically coherent, and never manipulate the truth for his own benefit. Some have accused him of being a radical who disrespects those who disagree with him, but that is not the case. Both on the individual and level and the more abstract political level, he has the utmost respect for others and their values, both supporters and detractors, and always take them into account in any bill he proposes or endorses, having often asked bills to be amended to take other groups into account.

His primary platform has been on free trade with foreign states and free markets combined with supporting each other through a public-private partnership program to provide jobs, benefits, and a safety net for all citizens, along with education reform, and economic improvement. What tends to get overlooked is the large number of citizens who live and work in orbit through the system and thus don't have a geographic district to elect a representative. Elenan has made mention of this but has yet to offer any reforms on the issue, leading to some frustration among the spacer's community. Others who aren't so fond of him are those advocating for the new Selectivism as put forth by members of the Rebel Alliance and those who don't want government interfering with their business at all. Despite this undercurrent of tension brewing, Elenan has been able to keep it from exploding into dirty politics so often seen across the galaxy.

Wealth: Moderate, he's not rich, but could live comfortable for the rest of his life if he retired. Most of this has come from his political careers and salaries.

Weapon of Choice: Words, but blaster pistol if necessary.

Combat Function: Pacifist, but will use his blaster pistol to protect others. Otherwise relies on bodyguards and Susefvi Defense Forces

Skills: Politics, Negotiation, Diplomacy

Notable Possessions: His cane that he engraved with beautiful artistic designs. It's carved from a piece of driftwood he found washed up near the Yumfla docks and took home to work on in his spare time. There are no special properties or materials. it's jost driftwood.

The carvings themselves are considered abstract art, composed of spirals and swirls and curves that when view as a whole, tend to resemble ocean waves and currents, but when viewed up close, turns into nothing but a jumble of lines with no discernable pattern or purpose.

History: Elenan was trained as a diplomat in his youth and took to it with a quiet passion that made him very effective at smoothing over disputes. At first, he was a junior diplomat who served as an assistant. Not long into his career, he and several others were kidnapped and held for ransom by pirates and Elenan managed to negotiate with the pirates enough to get them all released without incident and for a fraction of the ransom demand. After this, he was transferred to hostage negotiation and worked there for several years before choosing to move to serve as a mediator between the local mining corporations and their employees. During this time, he became aware of problems with the alternating hands off and heavily involved approaches of the government, so he resigned and went back to his people to study law and politics and the importance of respect for all involved in the political system as well the necessity of having a set of principles as well as the willingness to compromise to come to an agreement with those of other principles.

He began his political career as a junior representative and worked tirelessly for his causes and beliefs over twenty years before being elected as President in the last election, beating out his main rival by a modest majority just in time for the Netherworld event. With the loss of Protectorate influence and protection, he immediately set about trying to improve Susefvi so that it might survive on its own as independent government that benefited all citizens.

Other Notes: Working on continuing fleshing out the information and lore regarding Susefvi and the Suarbi system outside of just the Jensaarai.

Alright, thanks for dipping your hands into the Codex and adding to the lore of Chaos. Let's get a few things ironed out / squared away first before I can properly approve this submission.

Appearance : Elenan's fur is gray now, with little of the soft golden color left, and three stripes of black fur across his face. His eyes are still young though, that same golden brown they had been when he was young. He walks with a cane now and has a bit of a hunched back.
I'll need you to go into a bit more detail regarding this since I find it somewhat hard to properly visualize this character. Is there actually any golden stripes of fur left on his body? If so, where are they located? Are the three stripes of black fur adorning his face vertical, horizontal, or in a specific pattern? Are they thick stripes that almost entirely cover his face and creates a jarring dichotomy from the rest of his body? Or are they thin and barely noticeable from a distance? How tall is this character? How much does he seem to weight, how does his body look without any clothes on? Does he still retain some form of muscles or muscular definition to his frame even in his old age, is he wrinkly and fragile? And what about his muzzle? Caamasi, from what I've been able to research, seem to have varying types of muzzles / facial composition. Does he have a snout-like or a beak-like nose and mouth? What does he generally wear when in public? And a question for bonus points, how recognizable is he amidst the general population? Does he keep a low profile or is he instantly recognizable and distinguishable from the rest of his kind?

Personality: As a Caamasi, he is a respectful of all life that he meets and is generally a kind person with strong ideas about politics and personal strength to stand by those ideals. Fairly laid back and a good listener.
Going to need a lot more for this, considering he is a politician and all. Is he a kind and laid-back person in private and with friends, while being strong-willed and determined on his ideals in public and when politics comes up? What are his political ideas and ideals that he feels so strongly about? How does he act in front of a crowd / a large gathering? How does he act when in private and casual? How does he act towards his political opposition if he feels so strongly about his ideals? Is he still kind and laid-back? Details, details, details!

Weapon of Choice: Moderate- Mostly from political salaries
I . . . Aaah, okay, I admit, I'm not sure what you mean by this.

Notable Possessions: His cane that he engraved with beautiful artistic designs.
Please go a bit more in-depth on his cane either in this section or in the appearance section. Is it solid wood or metal? Does it have any particularly interesting properties or is it just a plain walking stick? I'm most interested in the designs themselves as well, as they alone can make a world of difference to how some people would interact with this character just by being observant of his possessions.

History : Lack of
Going to need at least something in this. How did he get where he is, what influenced him to become a politician, who were his supporters and detractors, what challenges he faced and overcome and what challenges blocked his path. Given everything I'm not going to ask for his entire life as a novel, just a bit to go by.

Intent : Lack of
Gonna need it.

Also, as a general note, abuse of this character for personal advancement in either power or wealth / use as a stepping stone will be punished if complaints are brought up.

[member="Mya Jesel"]

[member="Yvette Dusong"]

Edits made now, so let me know if you'd like any more and I can work on them after work. Would appearance be helped if I linked the image I was using for reference?

Sorry about the confusion with the weapon of choice. That seemed to have been an accident with separating the template out and removing the parentheses. That was supposed to be in the wealth section.

I don't have any intentions of using him as a stepping stone for Mya for either wealth or power, as he's not that rich and Mya is a long way from being able to serve as President. There's just this huge gap in the politics of the planet so I'm trying to build a framework for both myself and any other interested parties to work off of in regards to who is in charge and what the general political framework is like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom