Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eerie Flight [The Kathol Outback; PM to Join]

Raachwaroo

Furred Fister, Brown Boxer
[member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"] was a new sight to Raachwaroo but he wasn't a damnsel in distress. The shorter wookie almost teared up a bit as he was overjoyed [member="Bryce Bantam"] was able to make friends that weren't. Now for Nate this would be an interesting dilemma as this wookie was near the bounty hunter's height. Being only 6'2 the ape-bear-man laughed and shook his hand, it hurt of course but not enough to crush his hand. Waroo had learned some restraint from a handful of people he'd met now. If he knew about Nate's past he'd probably be grateful for this, but being as slightly dopey as he was he just didn't think about it.

Now another person on the ship, [member="Ria Misrani"] the pretty girl who started his line of heroism. A part of him wanted to groan, but he couldn't deny that he missed her. The first time she saw him sparks were flying and they all had a blast. Puns aside he approached her and hugged her warmly, his thick coat and strong arms gave her a mix of extreme heat and stronk. It was like an oven hugged her, and had intention to hurt her spine. Though Raachwaroo was still gentle enough to not cause any damage, bruising, or even a simple bone 'pop' along her spine.

Finally, Bryce. Oh my, the times they had. During his last two greetings he'd made some Shyriiwook groans and graaahs that the Wookie was commonly known for but Bryce he nodded and opened his arms for the boy to hug him. Gave a simple, almost basic sounding,
"Brrrykk" Sounding like brick but dragged out. After their greeting Rung radioed inside the Shining Starr to translate quickly.

"He missed you all, nice to meet you, and now I've been instructed to remind the captain that, uh... some form of present was in store." Rung said in his stoner tone before clicking off. With Waroo begining to understand basic but still not knowing it he was almost grateful as he had forgotten to ask Bryce about some new suit for him. Wookie's usually didn't dress up like humans but if it was from Bryce it was either dangerous for the greater good or just pretty cool.

Ria Misrani said:
"Where are we, now?"
"Whaa..!" BB said as Rai snuck up on him.

"Force damn it Rai, I think you missed you calling, cause you would make a damn goo assassin with all the sneaking..."

After exchanging pleasantry with everyone the four of them went back to the bridge and saw the Ghost ship was now looming large in the front view window. It was cold, a lifeless hulk that ominously beckoned to them. Taking to the comms again BB sent another coded message to the fleet.

"Firebrand, Boracyk, the team aboard the Shining Starr is full assembled, you can make your final approach, we will follow you in."

[member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"] [member="Ria Misrani"] [member="Ijaat Mereel"] [member="Raachwaroo"] [member="Runi Verin"] [member="Eliza Steele"] [member="Lok Munin"]

"Seems that I don't have any special deals. Maybe next time," he said in a wink to his companion before replying back to Bryce's reply and warning. "Copy that, Bryce, and thanks for the warning. It seems that this bird ain't picking up any readings for chit. Over," and closed the transmission before putting his attention back on the graveyard of ships and his lovely ally as she offered him a drink. Does Lok drink? Of course, he does. Ever since his time in the Underworld of Coruscant Lok would drink and bypass his limits, but ever since he was adopted by Vilaz the number of hangovers weren't as frequent and often like his long chapter in the Underworld.

"With or without cooties, I'll sure take a sip of whatever is in there," and grabbed the offered flask and took a sip of the hot, yet enjoyable whiskey. "Thanks," the Mandalorian would say before cleaning the rim of the flask.

After the drink the Corellian would help the Initiate in navigating through the countless obstacles of vessels that orbited around the sole star destroyer that was the only one in the system. As he sailed through these unknown black waters another transmission was forwarded to him by the Boracyk. "With or without your hand, Boracyk, I'm sure we can get there before you do," he said in a playful tone.

"Vod," the youngster said to Eliza while looking at her, "you best be ready cause there ain't any turning back when we get off of this ship. If not, then get ready before we do. We don't more casualties" and then went to reply the transmission by Bryce. "My team is ready, Bryce, I'll be hitting the forward airlock on the starboard side. Y'all can follow my lead or hit another airlock. Good luck and don't do something stupid." The Expander would loom over Lok's freighter as he covered the kilometers between him the star destroyer. He was more than ready to actually begin this mission.

...Or so he thought so.

[member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"] [member="Ijaat Mereel"] [member="Ria Misrani"] [member="Bryce Bantam"] [member="Raachwaroo"] [member="Runi Verin"] [member="Eliza Steele"]

He stood behind BB, and their most recent encounter flashed through his heal like scenes on a photo reel. The side affects of his mental breakdown ere, fading away, but he was worried about Bryce, he was the reason he had gone down that deep, dark road that only lead one place, The Dark Side. He felt horrible for putting his new found friend and ally through such things, and he only wished the best for his young comrade.
That kid has some serious balls, I could barley handle that and he did it like a pro,
He approached BB and stood next to him, so he could talk to him privately, for this wasn't something he thought the other members of the team would be thrilled to hear.

"Bryce... I'm sorry for putting you through that, for a lack of a better word Hell... I wish only the best for you and that was sure as hell not something I would want you to go through, again... and I just want to make sure that it's all under control, and that you are okay."

He patted BB's shoulder, and turned around, walking back to his temporary 'room' aboard the Starr. He gave his newly introduced wookie associate a fist bump, his mind in shambles.

Ijaat Mereel Ria Misrani Bryce Bantam Raachwaroo Runi Verin Eliza Steele

Ria gave Bryce a funny look as she held back her laughter, she took the guy's hand and shook it. She gave a nod to Waroo, and folded her arms across her chest. "Alright, I'll ask again - where in the blue abyss are we?" And just what was Bryce leading them into now? She crossed toward the navigational charts and then turned to look at Bryce. "We are not..." Her voice trailed as she looked back at the charts. The blonde huffs off back toward the cargo hold and gets herself ready, swiping her duster and hat along the way.

It takes her a few minutes but she reappears, and just looks toward Bryce with a tip of her hat. "Ready to roll." Cells slapped into her new belt, as she finished slinging on her bandoleer with miscellaneous items. Then she hears something over comms mention the Boracyk, suddenly she does her best to sequester a blush. "We dropping in like Demonsgate, or ..." She asks Bryce, or Nate, or whoever wished to answer, anything to get her stupid face to stop smiling.

[member="Bryce Bantam"], [member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"], [member="Raachwaroo"]

The Corellian Rose (retired)
Aboard the Firebrand
[member="Lok Munin"]

Eliza took back the flask from the Munin boy and gave it a thoughtful look, but decided against another swig as she would need her full wits about her given how the situation was setting up for the mission at hand. The flask was slipped back into it's rightful spot in the leg pocket of her flight suit, then all attention went to listening how everyone was going to approach the derelict vessel and helping the Mando kid navigate his ship through the crowed space lane too.

The petite smuggler smirked when asked if she was ready or having second thoughts. "I'm full-blooded Corellian…. I'm always ready to rock n roll. Let's do this, vod'ika," she answered firmly, then pulled on her helmet bringing the HUD online and making sure everything was in order before heading towards the airlock hatch; Steele checking the multiple weapons and ordinance about her person one last time as the fiery Corellisi's booted feet clinked along the metal decking of the Firebrand.

[member="Ria Misrani"] [member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"] [member="Bryce Bantam"] [member="Raachwaroo"] [member="Runi Verin"] [member="Ijaat Mereel"]

Allies: [member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"] [member="Ijaat Mereel"] [member="Ria Misrani"] [member="Raachwaroo"] [member="Runi Verin"] [member="Eliza Steele"] [member="Lok Munin"]

Lok Munin said:
"My team is ready, Bryce, I'll be hitting the forward airlock on the starboard side. Y'all can follow my lead or hit another airlock. Good luck and don't do something stupid."
Stupid, us? Come on we would never do something like that? We will dock up one port dorsal of you then meeting on your deck, Shinning Starr out" BB relayed back firebrand.

Looking at the crew surrounding him he yelled out.

"OK kids, party is about to begin, check and double check those vaccum suits and follow me to the airlock, hard seal in 5 minutes."

BB began walking to the cargoh hold and performing the final checks on his suit and kit. As he did he stopped off, steared Ria to a observation window and pointed out to the ship beyond saying,

"See it's a ship, not a planet, so it will be nothing like Demonsgate..."

BB was trying to keep his spirits up but as they were closing on the ghost ship feeling of unease were building in him... Something strangle and he just con't place what it was...

He heard the woman's question and he gave her a grim smile,

"That place is like Hell, trust me... and no... we are going onto that ship,"

He pointed out the view port to the O.S.S Expander, checking the power core on his vibro sword.

"and searching for a missing crew, but I have a nagging feeling in my gut that the crew is no longer there... probably infected. You'll soon wish we were down on Demonsgate..."

He sheathed his vibro sword, walking past the woman and then the wookie, once again standing behind BB, as he leaned against the wall. His mind was in pieces like broken glass, and he tried to keep himself from thinking about the aftermath of the last time he was on Demonsgate, and his angered bubbled up, threatening to take him over. He closed his eyes, pushing those feeling deep down, but he was frustrated; with himself an the life he lived, and he couldn't sequester those feelings that left him in a bacta tank for a day and a half.

BB's voice snapped him back into reality, and he pulled on his helmet, following behind him and the woman. He decided to stay close to BB, for he was the only one who would understand if he had another breakdown; hopefully increasing his chances of not dying on that god-forsaken ship.

[member="Bryce Bantam"], [member="Eliza Steele"], [member="Ria Misrani"], [member="Lok Munin"], [member="Raachwaroo"]

"Oh... I get it." Ria nods and slips into a suit. Now it all made sense, well at least as to why the ship started to sound the way it did. Clearing her throat, she double checks the suit and says, "in my defense, this ship's innards doesn't got any windows but hey it's really cozy."

The blonde checks her boots and says to the hunter. "I don't know, Demonsgate was a wild ride. I hadn't rodeo'd so many creatures since Tylo decided he was gonna enrage a group of mutagenic Gamorreans led by their super angry Zabrak boss." She stops for a moment and sighs. "Good ol' days man, good ol' days. That biotech stuff can be real scary." A pause. "No offense to anyone who is currently engineered."

"Should I be bringing a medical kit?" She gestures toward the medbay. She didn't really have a feeling about anything other than hungry. "Hey Bryce, next time we stop for rations remind me to get more tonitran jerky?"

Elbowing Raachwaroo she whispers, "you wouldn't happen to have any flat-biscuits on you, would you?"

[member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"], [member="Bryce Bantam"], [member="Raachwaroo"], [member="Eliza Steele"], [member="Lok Munin"]

Raachwaroo

Raachwaroo suited up as quickly as Wookiely possible into a brand new space suit that clung to his hair but gave him enough helmet room to breathe and look around with little vision lost. Handling his blaster rifle with care he attatched a three point sling to it and holstered the new blaster pistol in a built in pistol holster. Since it was Bryce's suit it was probably supposed to be used for a stimpack gun or something, but it fit well enough so 'Waroo payed no mind. He prepared with The Bounty Hunter, The Kid, and The Slicin' Dicin' Ria. What a team, and he was proud to be with them all again, and have a new friend introduced.

When offered the fist bump he accepted it happily not putting force behind it as he kept his crushgaunt on underneath his suit. Then he waited by the door, hoping that everything was going to be fine. He wanted to ask Ria where she'd been and up to what? Though he didn't have his translator with him so that made it a little unfortunate but nothing dire. If he needed anything he'd just roar, Wookies were good at that.

Raachwaroo was ready to go.

[member="Ria Misrani"] [member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"] [member="Eliza Steele"] [member="Lok Munin"] [member="Bryce Bantam"]

He didn't relay another message to Bryce, but he was glad that none of his team would try anything too bold and heroic. After all, heroism was another form of ignorance. Even Vilaz knew when to advance or retreat because one should try to live another day to fight, and not show off and gain bragging rights which meant absolutely nothing at the end. Lok began to double check on his equipment and instruments that would be useful on this mission. His Czerka light machine gun was ready and had a variety of slugs such as incendiary, regular, and acid slugs; his blaster pistol was its respective holster; and his utility belt came with a couple of grenades and other miscellaneous items.

"After you," the Mandalorian said to Eliza, demonstrating unnecessary chivalry. The two would walk upon the metal dolor of the Firebrand as they made way for the airlock of the ship which was now adjacent to the one of the Expander. The doors of the airlock opened and unveiled a dark, zero gravity corridor of the once Onw Sith star destroyer. This made Lok say the obvious which went under the lines of, "I've got a bad feeling about this." His mag boots activated before trekking the interior contents with his pretty, petite Corellian companion.

[member="Raachwaroo"] [member="Ria Misrani"] [member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"] [member="Bryce Bantam"] [member="Eliza Steele"] [member="Ijaat Mereel"]

Allies: [member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"] [member="Ijaat Mereel"] [member="Ria Misrani"] [member="Raachwaroo"] [member="Runi Verin"] [member="Eliza Steele"] [member="Lok Munin"]

The Starr made hard seal with the ship some three decks above where the firebrand was. BB motioned to everyone to check and double check there suits before he opened the airlock and stepped in, quickly followed by Ria, Raachwaroo and Nate. Once a quick comm check was complete BB did one final check of his kit, including a KUT-42 Plasma Torch which he slings over his back and a Bloodstripe Hand Cannon loaded with Aurek Charge Ammunition because after Demonsgate he was taking no chances. With all checks complete BB gives the final orders.

"Nate, when this door opens you're on point, Raachwaroo I want you guarding our backs so head out last. Ria, you're in the middle with me. Let's take this slow and meet up with Lok. No hero's just good, smart tactics alright?"

"Understood,"

Upon BB's command, he primed his rifle along with his vibro-sword, and made his way to the front of the group. He smiled as he realized he gave the meaning 'itchy trigger finger' a new meaning; his finger was twitching so bad he had to move it away from the trigger. He didn't really understand why he was on point, being the only one in this mess for payback on these ugly sons-of-bitches, and that was surely not a good choice, since he did just come out of a anger induced coma.

He stood in the front of the group occasionally glancing down the sight on his rifle, waiting for the blast doors to slide open. He knew while the others would be fighting only a physical battle, he would be fighting a mental one as well, on top of worrying about his new found companion. He used the reflective surface of the wall to glance at BB, and saw he was in the 'middle' of the group with the woman named Ria.

At least he's close by.
His eyes snapped back to the doors opposing him as they opened and he put the butt of his rifle into his shoulder, gripping the barrel tightly, and took his first step into the darkness.

[member="Bryce Bantam"], [member="Lok Munin"], [member="Raachwaroo"], [member="Ria Misrani"], [member="Eliza Steele"]

No on the flat biscuits, no on the jerky and not even a single response on the med kit. Ria, though grabbed it anyway before acknowledging Bryce with a nod. She got into formation, which was 'the middle.' She now officially regrets not stocking up on her jerky at their last stop. She knew she should have, but nope, nope and now here she was knee deep in whatever in the blue abyss, her fearless leader signed them up for.

It was in times like this she wondered how she had gotten caught up with this rag-tag group of Underground soldiers. Well, she knew how but still, she was sticking around. One of Tylo's old habits or something Lona must have put into her, she figured. Bryce and Raachwaroo were good folk, and the Underground seemed like her kind of people...

Her stomach grumbled, there was a sigh and then movement. As their group quietly moved out, so far it wasn't so bad but the further they went. The more she felt something, like, this sinking feeling that Ria couldn't quite shake. The blonde slicer tried to ignore it. But it just grew the further they went the bigger it got. One hand moved to hover over her blaster pistol while the other still rested on her utility belt. Ready to stim stick or medpac slap anyone who needed it.

As they broached the darkness, the young slicer suddenly felt homesick for Nar Shaddaa's dreary neon lights. The kind of lights that seemed to fill every little crevice it could find. Annoyingly bright, too bright, dull in color and it seemed no matter where you were. You couldn't escape'em, it was why Ria found comfort with tight spaces that were dark. Spaces where Nar Shaddaa's dreary glow couldn't find you. Now, though, now as they crept further into the darkness the blonde longed for the neon lights of the Smuggler's Moon.

[member="Lok Munin"], [member="Bryce Bantam"], [member="Raachwaroo"], [member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"], [member="Eliza Steele"]

Raachwaroo

Being in the back was kind of demoralizing, but he was still close to the kid who started this all. He hated the time they'd spent apart, Bryce was different now and everyone but Raachwaroo knew that. It wasn't possible, any time the thought came up he pushed it down as imagination. Here he was proving Raachwaroo's in-sensibilities correct, smiling and saving just like the first day. Watching the back he stayed mostly facing front with the group but looked behind him every third step for three steps then back. Two steps front, three steps back. It was a good system that protected him and his team.

The blaster-rifle in his hands felt light, nearly weightless but the implications of it were heavy to most. Crushgaunt helped with that, his fists always got him out of trouble and surely they would here as well. Whatever was in here was going to either get shot, or punched Raachwaroo thought. Unless it was a good thing, then they wouldn't because then everyone would be upset. Finding himself wishing he knew basic by looking around the ship made him sigh audibly as he couldn't talk to his team just grunt and groan. Roar if something was wrong and sign language for lesser things.

[member="Ria Misrani"] [member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"] [member="Bryce Bantam"]

The Corellian Rose (retired)
[member="Lok Munin"]

"Vor'e… I think," Eliza nodded at the young Munin with a bit of sarcasm laced in her modulated voice as being a lady wasn't always a good thing, then she took the first step through the airlock and onto the derelict ship; blaster rifle at the ready just in case. The petite smuggler flipped on the headlight built into the Mando-style helmet and peered down the eerily quiet corridor of the Expander.

"You're telling me… Are we to meet up with the others or do you have a different plan, vod'ika?" she inquired as they clunked along the passage way with their mag boots keeping them on solid ground in the weightlessness. The kid seemed pretty smart and more than likely wasn't just here to render aid. Why not kill two birds with one stone if it was profitable, eh?

[member="Ria Misrani"] [member="Raachwaroo"] [member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"] [member="Bryce Bantam"] [member="Runi Verin"] [member="Ijaat Mereel"]

"I'm sure Bryce and his gang can manage themselves, vod. We should cover as much as we can before getting the heck outta here," the youngster said to his older companion as she asked for what plan he had. Did he like it? Definitely not after experiencing the scenario that they were dealing with; however, it was very effective in every possible angle such as information, ammunition, energy, time, etc.

Being the reckless teenager he was he began doing tricks and crazy maneuvers that couldn't be executed in an atmosphere with weight in its content. Very immature, but there was nothing popping up in the HUD of his helmet. And suddenly he saw something in a quick glance. His horseplay came to a halt as he looked in teh direction of what he saw.

But it wasn't there anymore.

"Vod, did you see that," the Mandalorian asked Eliza to see if he wasn't the only one what he just saw.

[member="Eliza Steele"] [member="Raachwaroo"] [member="Ria Misrani"] [member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"] [member="Bryce Bantam"]

Even through his armored spacesuit the ship felt cold. There were stories, events of horror and fear seemed to drift in the air, well if there had been any. The whole ship just didn't feel right, as if somehow those who worked on it still watched them from the shadows. BB couldn't explain it instead he tried to steady his breathing followed Nate up the first corridor. His scanners were only picking up the other team some decks below and they seemed to be moving out into the deeper parts of the ship. Looks like his team would need to follow suite was well if they were to find their lost team members.

Guess we're not linking up, BB though as his team continued further into the hollow ship. It was eerie quiet, even for a derelict ship. As they passed some of the cabins and stations of the ship it soon became clear the ship wasn't abandoned. It was attacked. Scorch marks from blaster fire marked some of the walls and floors. Tables, desks, terminals all flipped over but strangely no bodies. It was if they had been carried off and that thought worried young Bantam.

"This ain't right, Nate lets see if we can get to a security terminal. Ria may be able to slice into the system and get us some clues as to what happened here."

[member="Raachwaroo"] | [member="Ria Misrani"] | [member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"]

He stared at the plasma damage, the over turned chairs and tables. These people had been torn away from their cabins, literally. He ran his hand over one of the blast marks, and flipped on the black light on his rifle, running its beam over the corridor and some of the cabins.

"I'm not one to be frightened easily, but this... this is pretty daunting, and not even remotely close to being 'right'..."

He turned back around as he heard something, it was barley audible, and it sounded much like a plea, but was silenced before he could try and pinpoint it's origin. His arm tingled, giving him the chills as his steps echoed down the corridor. The opened door of an elevator shaft caught his attention, and he walked over to it, looking down into the darkness. Not being able to see anything, he pointed his black light down, and his breathing returned back to normal as nothing was visible.

"Nearest security terminal is down this corridor and then on the left... I have this feeling in my gut telling me that something bad is about to happen,"

He turned back to the group and looked at Bryce, looking out into the darkness behind them. He had the feeling like something was watching them, and he turned his head, looking into the darkness that seemed to creep closer to them.

"I'll take point,"

[member="Bryce Bantam"], [member="Raachwaroo"], [member="Ria Misrani"]

"Kark..." Ria's lips let it slip out but she, she couldn't help it. A chill ran down her spine. "Bryce, I think that's an understatement." Something definitely felt off about this whole thing. She shines a light up above her and gasps at the marks before putting her hand over her mouth. There's a mention of a security terminal and she picks up her pace. Nate wasn't the only one who heard something she spun around thinkin' she heard somethin'. "Guys, I'm not goin' crazy right? Tell me I wasn't the only one who heard something just now?" It was like a barely audible whisper, a faint cry but she didn't know where it came from.

The blonde swallowed hard, her hand on her blaster now. Ready to quick draw and shoot anything that dared move. Nate took point and led them down the corridor. The hairs on the back of her neck begin to stand up. She felt like they were being watched, "whatever in the blue abyss went on here, I don't think it's over Bryce." She whispers, whatever attacked this ship - it was still here. She saw something flick in the shadows and spun her head to try and see it, but it was nothing. At least she thought it was nothing, maybe just... Nope. Horrors from Demonsgate crept into her mind, oh abyssal no she wasn't ready to tangle with those things again. Goddess she wished Runi was here, at least then she'd have a hand to hold...

[member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"], [member="Bryce Bantam"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom