Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Echoes of Eternity] The Bones of Zakuul [PM to join]

Scherezade glared at the woman. "I didn't think I'd have to wear a suit at all," she answered truthfully, "nobody told me."

She was still breathing hard, the sweat pouring down her temples. She didn't have a name for what she'd just experienced, but she could feel her heart beating in her throat still.

Karlie offered her to skip the trip, and rambled on about... Tech?

Scherezade shook her head.

"Not tech," she whispered, "ancient artifacts that could translate into credits. Or power, for some of the Force Users."

Okay, so she was thinking clearly, she was able to talk... Mostly with coherency. And the idea of not venturing into this place seemed better and better with every moment that passed. Karlie was right. She didn't have to go in there. Not if it required a mandatory suit. She could apologize to Tacitus later, and find another way to make more credits.

She wanted her bottle, but when she reached for it, Karlie was there first.

Scherezade stared, terrified for a moment that the blonde would drop it. Sure, there were more bottles on her ship, but... No, she couldn't afford to lose one without drinking it.

Snatching the bottle away, the young Sithling took a gulp of her own, steadying herself easier like that.

"Rocket fuel is more expensive than that," she glared, and took another gulp.

And then came the age question again.

"I told you. It's whatever people decide that they need or want. I was born before the Gulag but I've only been around for little over six months."

[member="Karlie Lynn Destat"]

Karlie Lynn Destat

Conspiracy Theorist and Investigator (IBI)
Objective: Seek out any evidence of bio/chem weapons
Equipment: Bio suit
Interacting: A rather odd, but peculiar younger girl. Interesting subject to say the least...

"Hmm...right, if you say so." She looked over the girl as she took to her bottle.
Karlie wasn't about to get into it with Scheherazade at the moment over the delusion of her birth or age. Aside from her hair looking a bit disheveled...17, she best guessed. But what the frak, she was just curious, having found the girl struggling with what she claimed had no idea of having to wear. Still, why had she tried zipping herself up in the monkey suit?

"Ok...so..." Karlie looked over to the helmet on the floor which she had pulled off a moment ago.
"...you're here on a treasure hunt..." she then said, readying to get up "...sigh...." before reaching for the very same helmet on the floor.
Getting up to her feet, she stood over Scherezade a moment, giving the girl time to take a few swigs. She figured it could maybe actually help the girl in coming somewhat to her clear senses. or at least elleviate that panic attack.The bottle was more than half empty and she had seen her take it down a few lines. How and why hadn't she passed out by now was beyond her, for the alcohol was as pure as any that had ever burned the tip of her tongue, let alone feel like she had just poured fire down her throat.

So that's what so many were here for...old artifacts.
Yes, she had reports on that. But she really didn't think anyone in their right mind would adhere to what a sith had inticed for them to do. That was why she had come alone. What she had been sent here to investigate was far from searching for artifacts or tech. Castagne had little interest in those, especially if they weren't of their history. But what did interest them was the biological weapons of the era. Those never got old or antiquated, nor loose their potency. Weapons as such, whether they were from present day to past history were as devastating as the day they were developed. There were no immediate counter reagents or anti-pathogens to immediately defend against them, should they have been weaponized and stored on this station.

"Through those doors, it's already been deemed potentially hazardous. And if you're here under that sith's invite..what's his name, [member="Darth Tacitus"]. Then you'd had to have been informed of the potential risks that augment this old station." she pointed to the sealed doors leading to the interior of the station.
" Lest you forgot...you were trying to put on that very same suit you didn't know you had to wear..." Karlie pointed to the fur coat which obviously the girl had removed in order to attempt putting on the suit in the first place. Karlie wasn't one to argue for no sake. But the girl was certainly lacking some working brain cells...Karlie's eyes went to the bottle for reference.

"But hey..." Karlie backed up, putting her palms up, so as not to get on the girl's case about short term memory loss...most likely due to the alcohol she was consuming.
"...I'm no truant officer and certainly not your big sister. Can't make you do anything you don't wish to do. But I do need to pass through those doors and look into some things. A treasure hunt I'm not here for. Artifacts or what some foresaken force users are looking for is not my concern." She certainly had no love for such individuals...the force users. She had been one herself not too long ago and certainly had left her with a bad taste on her tongue...worse than the drink this poor girl was drowning herself in. To say that Karlie was not feeling a bit of pity for Scherezade was an understatement. Something had brought this girl to the level she was currently in. And standing over her, Scherezade was still on her knees.

Karlie reached down offering her hand.
"Come on... at least get up and let me help you take that monkey suit off. I need to get going. Can't very well leave you here on the floor like this now, could I?"
No.
No she really couldn't. Not now, anyways. Maybe five years ago, Karlie wouldn't have batted an eye, leaving what she would have deemed a waif, a waste product, remain on the cold floor to waste itself away. Five years ago Karlie was not really whole...not of her own destiny, and certainly not of her own will.
Perhaps she saw a part of her through the void of what once could have connected her to others. Or perhaps she knew where she had been at the girl's age. But whatever the reason, she hadn't or couldn't just simply walk away and not have the girl on her mind.

Conscience was such a burden at times...

Scherezade blinked. She hadn't tried to put the suit on because of anything she was told. She'd seen others run in after putting them on and had figured out that it was probably wise to wear it as well. She hadn't expected her reaction to it to be as it had been. The Sithling sighed, closing her eyes. Yes. Karlie was right. She had to go, and Scherezade would not be joining in on this mission.

She didn't take the blonde's hand, but she did finally manage to get up, dusting herself off, and let the other woman help her take her clothes off. There was no shame in Scherezade about being practically nude in front of others, and her body language was mostly unchanged once the damned thing was off. If anything, it was a little bit free'er.

Getting into her own clothes again took only a few second, and she said nothing during that time.

"You should go in there," she said after a long silence, "I guess I'll be going."

She wanted to say going home. But she didn't. There was no home for her to go to. It was mostly a matter of choosing which planet she'd be on for the next night or two.

Karlie Lynn Destat

Interacting: A rather odd, but peculiar younger girl. Interesting subject to say the least...

She was lost...that much was certain of the girl.
Karlie didn't know why, but she kind of felt for Scherezade.

Again, mostly that she reminded Karlie of herself in one point in time. And that time was as a teen, when she was a bit lost herself as her own mother's exspent life, still had her spirit haunting Karlie in an ever ending effort of possessing her daughter once more. It had been her mother's intent from the minute of Karlie's conception to become her vessel later on in life. Unbeknownst to Karlie and her father, her mother kept her sithiness secret until she were exposed and disposed, when Karlie was about 12 years of age. Then it weren't till Karlie was 20 years of age that with the Sebrix-9 project that she was finally totally free of that influence...her mother's spirit. And that put her out there for the first time as her own person...and even free of midicloreans.

Karlie took a step back, fidgeting with her own helmet to pass the time while the girl got dressed. Sure, she just could have shrugged her shoulders, put on her helmet and went on her mission. But then again, it felt kind of strange...intuition maybe that kept her around.

Hmm...purple fur didn't look too awful..she observed. It did kind of bring out the girl's features, complimenting her hair-
"Ahem..." Karlie cleared her throat as for a moment she found herself staring at Scherezade for far longer than just a glance.

"Uhm...listen, I don't mean to sound nosy or anything.... I mean, you can plainly just tell me its none of my business like.
...but where exactly are you heading, if you don't mind me asking?" Karlie then asked, taking a step back as the girl packed away her gun and that weird looking ammo under her purple fur coat.
Ah...so it's not only fashionable...but quite practical at hiding a good amount of arsenal, she observed. Pretty smart little cookie...

[member="Scherezade deWinter"]

She'd never actually thought about the hiding arsenal aspect of her coat. It had been a simple coat, really, born out of vengeance. A sabercat had tried to kill her on Monastery, giving her a bunch of new scars. In return, Scherezade had killed it and then later taken its pelt to make the coat. But that had been the original coat; she'd had to repeat the process after her first one got ruined during the first mission to Maramere. If she had thought about the arsenal aspect of it, she would have added more than just two pockets on the outside, but a gazillion of them on the in, and would be carrying way more weapons than she currently was. The girl really liked her weapons.

Scherezade was in the middle of taking another swig from her bottle when Karlie posed her question. Where was she heading? It was a good question. One that didn't have a good answer.

"Well," the Sithling sighed, "I'm banned from Ryloth, Coruscant is ruined, and the rest of the planets within CIS space either smell or are too hot for comfort." That was one of the problems, wasn't it? Now that she couldn't go to Ryloth anymore, the closest thing she ever had to a home since coming out of the pebble, there wasn't anywhere else she could semi-permanently park her ship and be comfortable. "Guess I'll decide when I'm out of orbit."

Karlie Lynn Destat

"Really?...all this way to-...to go nowhere now?...ahem..." Karlie was surprised at the soft tone of voice in herself, asking Scherezade that.

Seriously? Why in God's name should she care?...or be so concerned. She didn't know this girl. And by the demeanor of the girl, it wouldn't be someone she should like think of making friends with.
why look at the mess she was in...drunk...armed and ...and no where to go. Vagrant?

"Sigh... " Karlie took a step back, then trying to distract herself at looking around the hangar.
Nope, it did little to keep her mouth closed.

"It's Scherezade, right?" Of course it was. But Karlie was stalling. She just couldn't bring herself in just letting the poor girl just wander off into the void of space. And at the same time, just couldn't understand why she just couldn't say what she wanted to say.

"I mean...well, I don't know if I'm pronouncing it right. Not that it's a hard name to say...just...just a nice name. maybe too nice to mispronounce." Yes, Karlie was procrastinating. It was not often that she felt the need to make friends. She really had no friends. It had been quite difficult coming out of a veil, emerging as one self after her own mother had almost taken over her very body and soul. Karlie for the most part had to relearn who she was from the age of 12. And it wasn't till five years ago that she had fully been freed of her mother's force spirit.
And that meant becoming detached from what had taken millions of years of evolution to accomplish...being free of midicloreans..and her connection to the force.

In essence, Karlie who was actually 25 physically was socially developed like someone in their teens. Although her IQ was what balanced irrationality with logical sense.
Still, she lacked friends and this girl...this girl was not unlike what she had been or was in a sense. Well, it was a feeling on Karlie's part anyway. Not a force feeling, as she had at most the midi count of a goldfish, but it was what humans once called intuition.

"You couldn't like...maybe ..you know, hold off in shooting off to the stars awhile? I mean...well, maybe we could finish off that-" Ok, well most of the bottle was finding it's content being emptied in the girl's wooden leg.

"Hmm... " Karlie did have some Whyren's Reserve in her ship. Why?..don't ask.
"Maybe we could open up and share another bottle after I get back.
Talk...
Sigh....I don't know..... Like, you need to be someplace quick?" Oh good lord, how it could be construed.
For a moment after realizing how maybe she was coming off as, Karlie contemplated clearing it up a bit. But maybe in doing so, it would seem that she were covering up-

"Gah..." She was over thinking it.
"Look...you want to go..go. I don't get to meeting a lot of people my-" No, she was definitely older than the girl.

"I really don't have any friends, so you know. It's nice sometimes just to talk with people who aren't hung up on things...you know?"

All this way to go nowhere? Scherezade looked at Karlie. Why was this such a strange thing to say? It wasn't as if she had a home. She'd never had one. As soon as she got her hands on her ship, she was always living in it, and just changing location every... Three days. At most. She hadn't ever been good at just sitting still, not until she'd broken, and even then...

All she could do was nod when she was asked if that was her name, and shrug when the pronunciation was mentioned. Karlie was pronouncing it right. A lot of people didn't. She was done fighting people about it though. As long as they didn't call her by her grandmother's name, it didn't really matter anymore. Nothing mattered anymore.

While Karlie was procrastinating, Scherezade just drank from her bottle again. Normally, she'd have walked away much sooner than this, but the blonde hadn't hit any painful buttons within her just yet, and she seemed to want something, though Scherezade couldn't even begin to guess what it could be. For now though, she'd remain. She could always walk a crooked line back to her ship later.

And then Karlie mumbled. Stumbled with her words. And Scherezade was left just looking at her with wide eyes.

"I don't have any friends anymore either," she said, her voice just above a whisper. She used to. She had two. One was an adoptive sister, the other was a man she loved with everything her heart could. And now those two were together and she was the one paying the price for their joy.

"I can wait," she said with a nod after a long and awkward silence. To show that she had no intention of vanishing, Scherezade just. Sat down on the ground again, and drank from her bottle again. No one was waiting for her anywhere anyway.

Karlie Lynn Destat

First off...switch back to the original helmet.

Karlie put Scherezade's helmet which they had earlier switched, back on the bench where the girl had left the ill fated suit she had just gotten out of.

"Alrighty then... don't think I should be too long."

Seemed the girl just may stay for a spell, till she most likely tired and booked or maybe wait Karlie out for whatever it took.
Just the fact that the girl had considered hanging, made Karlie feel like maybe she did somehow make what some would call a friend. Well, 'friend' was too broad a word to apply to everyone and then no one. There were different kinds of friends. associates that were for the most part friendly or tolerant of co-workers or comrades., but wouldn't really socialize beyond those boundaries.
Then there were friends who just like the company of the other. And there were friends who connected that one would even consider dying for-

'Alright...you're over thinking it, Karlie....' She checked herself, eyeing the girl and her bottle.
'Come on...helmet on... get inside the weapon's store then out'

"I'll be back...quick even, if this station is truly dead as they say..." Karlie then said, before doning on her helmet and switching her suit's environmental functions on. It was a green light, all system functions a go. She took a deep breath, looked back on Scherezade one last time giving her a thumbs up. Although the girl seemed more preoccupied in taking another swig of her bottle. But it didn't matter to Karlie, for the girl at least was still there.

Through the first airlock she went, then into the main corridor of the station.
Karlie heard the doors shut behind her as her sound amplifier was on. It picked up the hum of power generators that seemed to resonate, make a sort of white noise to an otherwise ghostly quiet relic of a station. Again, this portion of the station was nearly dust free. But there was what she picked up a slight thin layer of film, however minute it was....indicative that even in a hermetically sealed vessel, what little particles of matter that could not be micro filtered out did eventually settle.

Karlie had pretty much an idea as to where one of the many weapon's locker or stores were for a station of this size. She had after all studied much history on star-ship tech and development. She continued on walking through one corridor to another then to one level and the next. She could make out battle stations along the broad perimeter of the station. Not much had really changed in the past few Millenniums. War and how it were waged remained pretty much the same.
Karlie wondered if ever the lessons learned from the galaxy's past would ever bear fruit that war was senseless and the only gains from it were for the victors...and then they too expired. No power in this galaxy ever attained true peace or dominion over anything.

She knew this and so did countless warmongers. But as long as there were warmongers, there would be agents like her to keep them in check and balance out the power, lest everyone one day would perish by their very own devices...their own weapons. And nothing was as diabolical as biological weapons. They were more devastating than any super weapon, for biological pathogens no matter how well engineered they were, could never be contained for too long....and they always seemed to mutate beyond the control of the engineers.

It took her a few short hours...much longer than she thought for she had to often transverse through darkened sections that somehow weren't getting power. Or perhaps maybe some circuit breakers had not re-engaged. But she had adequate lighting and managed to keep on her route. A few occasional backtracking and she finally found herself in one of the main weapon's hold..the main storehouse.

"Duds...
Useless...

Rediculous...

Duds again...

Lol...are they kidding?...who came up with these toys?...

Hmm...Hello... what's this?" Karlie was walking through the vast arsenal of weapons cache when she came across quite an interesting piece of hardware...or a horde of mechanized battle drones.
They were all armed. Seemed they were just waiting...eerily waiting for someone to activate them.
Ok, so for a second the hairs at the nape of her neck stood up. She slowly looked behind her.
"Sigh... easy does it....nothing to get creeped out about in here...."

She ran her light down both banks of the long chamber...there were literally thousands.... tens of thousands of these ancient battle droids. All just hanging there staked 10-15 or so high, she figured.
"Ok....Lets see what we got here..." She activated her secondary recorder and scanner for she had never expected to discover so many. Not on a station. What she surmised was that these battle droids had been transported here for what the ancient Empire had a mind to use them for an invasion of sort.

"Looks pretty interesting enough to report..."
Karlie took the time to scan one in its entirety. The beam particle form her scanner was like an x-ray or MRI, mapping the complete droid, circuits and all in a blue print type of recording. In the past, it was something like reverse engineering. Only now there was no need to literally take anything apart to see how and what it was made of and how it functioned.
Yes, there were three distinct models types and she had to scan all three, which took some time.

"Interesting...their power cores have only deteriorated to 23%. Not bad for toys so old." She was looking at their power cores. Between the three different models, their cores were for the most part robust and well built for them to have retained some of their potential.
"Would have figured them Duds.... Heh" She spoke , as she continued to complete her final scans.

She wondered what had been the plan for these droids. Karlie made a mental note to read up what she could on that ancient Empire.

Continuing on past the rows of battle droids she came up on another chamber within the weapon's hold. There didn't seem to be any power to the blast doors whatsoever. She ran her scanner at the mechanism...checking to see if there was any way to mechanically engage the worm drives.
And sure enough, there was. But it required an external drive coupling of some sort to drive the gears behind the panel.
"Frak...seriously?" She shook her head and leaned a hand on the door. Turning her head back to the rack of droids, she sighed..cursing the gods.

A moment later, karlie was standing in front of one of the ancient battle droids. She reached over to it's harness and detached it off the station rack.
Thump! It's metal feet hit the floor.
"Whoa...whoa...easy there big fella..." Karlie had the thing almost fall on her when it dropped a few centimeters from it's hanger. But she managed to steady it..letting it stand in it's default locked upright position.

"Whew...
Ok... don't take this personally, but I'm going to have to take you a bit apart.." She then said, as she struggled to turn it around so that she could get to it's main center drive core. In trying to shuffle it to turn, she lost it.
"Whoa, whoa, no NO!.." Karlie sprung back when she realized she could'd holt it from falling over.

THA-THUMP! ...it crashed on the durasteel floor, face down. The sound echoed through the chamber making her look about. For a moment she just stood there waiting for something to pop out of the shadows.

"Frak me..." She sighed, finally taking a breath. There was no one down here but her.
Pulling out of the small pack a multi-tool device, she busied herself in taking off the droid's back plate off to expose it's power center...
Feeling a bit vulnerable down in the lower weapon's hold on her own, she thought about the girl possibly waiting for her..or most likely had come to her senses and left. Still, it would have been good on her nerves if she had company...

There was nothing for Scherezade to do but wait while Karlie went inside. But that was how it always happened, wasn’t it? She was left behind and everyone went on without her. It didn’t matter if it was a few hours, or a few days. A week had been enough to destroy what semblance she had of a life. A minute had been enough to deliver the final blow that had broken her beyond repair. And what was left? A shell of a girl that had once wanted to devour the galaxy with her crazy ideas, now incapable of even putting a stupid suit on to go get artifacts that would help her with her financial situation. Even her bacta was running out.

She wanted to get up. So sorely wanted to just rise, to leave, to get out of this place and go float somewhere. But it was as she had said; where was there for her to go? Two planets that she had loved were forever closed to her, and everywhere else sucked. All that was left was to go randomly from place to place and hope that maybe someday somehow she would be able to find another planet that could even have a sliver of resemblance to the home-feeling she’d had from either Ryloth or Coruscant.

And Endelaan…

Her eyes would never see Endelaan again. Not with adult eyes. The memories she had of the place, the memories of warm sunlight, of family, of her parents… Those would be the last memories she’d ever have of her ancestral home planet. Endelaan was not a kind place to the weak, and she was even less than that now.

Scherezade just sighed, leaning her head against the wall, and took another gulp from her bottle. There was nothing to do now but wait, and stare into the shadows.

Karlie Lynn Destat

Interacting: A rather odd, but peculiar younger girl. Interesting subject to say the least... Hope she stays the course.

She had to turn down the volume of her bio-suit's amplifier, the door creaked and objected so loudly.

"Yea...all I'm missing now is a trumpet..." She cursed as the doors which had not been opened for thousands of years down in the weapon's hold could make so much ruckus. Then again, she were remotely driving them with what power cell from the droid she was able to recover. The droids in general were surprisingly still in pristine condition despite them being outdated. But what surprised Karlie was the decay of their power cells. There were still enough cell fuel left in the majority of them to power them up. Or at least in this particular example; the power left in one of the droid's cell she took apart had enough energy to open up these old blast doors down in the weapon's hold.

"...over here. Follow the creaking doors...
Damsel all alone!..." She mused with herself as the doors gave way to finally parting enough for her to peer inside.
"of course.." It was as pitch black inside as the darkest dept of a cave.
Her light did little to break through the void of nothingness...the blackness beyond the doors.

"Damn it...nothing's easy around here huh?!"
Yea, sure...why make it easy.." She once more got to powering up the drive gear...door s protested with their creak and groan...but little by little the gap between the blast doors widened enough for her to-
"Frak'n A!" Karlie kicked the heavy door, as her body certainly fit..a bit tight on the chest sure, but it was her freakin helmet that wouldn't still fit through.

Yep...back on the drive and more creaking and groaning...and then some more for good measure. This time she was aiming for it to be the last time. And as she threw the drive worm gear to the side, the gap was more than enough.
"Sheesh...yea!" she had gone a few centimeters wider than she had too.
"...that's how it's done!" She walked through and stood there a few steps in, quite proud..and a bit winded as the coupling worm drive was indeed quite heavy. lest not mention the torque it had that she had struggled to maintain control of.
The only light was behind her from the droid chamber and still her own personal light was barely adequate. But as it turned out after a few minutes in near darkness, as there was some light now entering... her eyes got acclimated to the dimness.

Karlie walked in and found herself among a thousand ampules...crystal cased amplules...all 2 meters in height and made of crystal.
"Frak... sigh....frak..." She knew enough to know they contained a substance of sort...several of them at first. As she walked about..hundreds...
"Frak..." Thousands, if not more.

Karlie stood there next to one of the racks. So far they were all the same color...aqua blue...deep aqua blue. What that meant , she wasn't certain, but was hoping at least that they all contained the same compound...whatever that could be. It didn't seem viral at all for the content was seemingly liquified. "Poison no less..." she wasn't too fond of poisons. But she'd take poison over pathogens any day.

"Well, lets see what the panel of judges say..." She pulled up her scanner. Same one she had used to blue print the droids in the latter chamber. the scanner could possibly analyse through it's multi-spectum the gas' composition...maybe even recognizing exactly what it is. After all whatever it was was tens of thousands of years old. She hoped some version of what she was scanning had been scanned before for not just identification, but possibly for a counter agent...anti-poison.

"Copper sulfate pentahydrate?" She tapped on her scanner, hitting it repeatedly and re-scanning.
Same result.
It were indeed poisonous in said concentrations, sure...but seriously, algaeside?
"Hmmf..." yes, she were quite disappointing. Ok, she was in a sense relieved..but she had found nothing really of any worth. Not weapon wise.
"Well that's a few good hours I'll never get back.."

~ ~ ~ ~​

The airlock doors closed behind her and she went through a detox cycle before the air was exchanged and she got the green light to proceed to the exit..the hangar she had parked her ship in.
To her surprise, the little odd but peculiar girl was there...waiting for her?
Ok, so she was either passed out or sleeping..or..or-
"Whew.." Karlie let out a sigh of relief when she went to check on Scherezade, who was laying on her back..on the bench.

"Hey..."Karlie then said, as she unzipped her suit below her collar bone.
"Hey, Scherezade.... wake up. "
But no dice. The girl was passed out cold. The bottle..the empty bottle had rolled near the corner.

"Ooh...I won't envy your headache tomorrow...no sir..." Karlie took a deep breath and gave the girl a heave-ho..got her slung over her shoulder. A move she picked up at the academy. She was after all trained like any other soldier would be trained, even if she was an IBI agent. They were all trained the same in boot camp in how to carry your wounded. And this girl was certainly a lot easier to heft over and walk about than the hulks they purposely used to pair her up with.

"Oh come on!... She locks her door too?!" Karlie kicked the doors to Scherezade's ship, but to no avail.
The few meters walk in carrying the girl got her tired out and she carefully laid her on the floor. Her feeble attempts at not only awakening Scherezade , trying to get her door open were all bust.

"Sigh... you better not vomit in my ship...hear?" She said to the unconscious girl, before hefting her up again over her shoulder-
Tha-thump.. "Oh frak!" Yes, she dropped her. luckily not on the girl's head.

"Shoot...let's try this again.." It was a lot more difficult to get the girl up and over her shoulder from the floor than from the bench as before. But she still managed to do it and without dropping her this time.

Her own ship recognized her approaching and automatically lowered the ramp and opened the doors.
Doink...Karlie accidentally hit Scherezade's head on the frame. "Ohh...sorry..." Karlie said as she then was more careful until they were inside her ship.

Plunk..bounce..bounce... Karlie flopped the girl on one of the cockpit's bed.

"Oh damn it...that looks like a bump on her forehead now..."

The extent of Scherezade being passed out cold was… Limited. She’d been passed out when Karlie returned, but she woke up immediately as Karlie started talking, opting to keep her eyes shut for the moment. She needed another bottle, and she didn’t feel like moving in order to get it.

When Karlie decided to sling her over her shoulder, Scherezade definitely knew that she was keeping her eyes shut. She had to know where this was going. If Karlie had any ill intent, she’d just meet her knives. If not… She was going to wait and see.

Yes, she locked the door to her ship. No one was allowed in there. Not since that horrible night. No one was allowed to see the walls of the hangar area, covered in all her memories from the Darkness, written in her own blood. No one was allowed to see the empty bottles that rolled back and forth on the ship. No one was allowed to see… The room she had shared with Gerwald. The room that he had used before that, where she’d written their good memories on the wall. The inside of her ship was off limits to everyone.

And no. Karlie didn’t have to worry about her vomiting in her ship, unless she tried to force feed her. She hoped she wouldn’t.

And then she hit her head.

When she landed on the bed, her eyes were open, glaring at Karlie.

“That hurt.”

Karlie Lynn Destat

Dressed: Casual
Interacting: A rather odd, but peculiar younger girl. Interesting subject to say the least... Hope she stays the course.

sro5D39.jpg

"Eeek!...." Karlie couldn't have jumped more in surprise than if a mynock had gotten on board.

"Gasp!..." She cupped a hand to her mouth, as she looked over to Scherezade, not knowing what to say, except...
"Oh my god, I'm so sorry..."And she were now. Not that she weren't before, but knowing that the girl felt it was even worse.

They were in the forward main cabin of Karlie's ship. It were uniquely designed by her. The dam main bedroom cabin was actually the cockpit. The long nose of the ship was dura-glass that could easily see out, under, over and around. Karlie was no exhibitionist for the glass could become opaque when she were changing or even sleeping on planet surfaces. But in space, it were one awesome spectacle to sleep within the stars.
Well, ok, enough of that.
But Scherazade was now wide awake and with quite a lump forming on her forehead.

"Uhm...stay put." She motioned with her hand to the girl.
"I'll get you a cold compress...." and she skedaddled quickly into the refresher.

"Oh my...oh wow...God, I'm really sorry.." she had activated the compress and with a shaky hand, applied the compress to the girl's forehead.
"I...I tried bringing you to your ship..." She said, gently lifting the compress to check..like it were going to work that quick?
Nope, it was still looking like it were growing.
She put it back on and held it there...certainly nervous as she had caused this.

"I couldn't see leaving you on that bench....then your door was locked...
yea, i'm so sorry." She let go of the compress as the girl seemed to take charge of it.

"You...you were out cold..." Karlie kept trying to explain.
"I mean...before I ..gulp....before I fumbled and ...oh wow. You still hurting?" She looked deep into Scherazade's eyes to see if they were looking at different directions.

Sure, she had taken to the girl. liked her for some odd reason. maybe because Karlie was as off as the girl and kind of sensed it. Karlie too had kind of been locked up, tucked away by her mother for years. Not in a place per say, but in her mind. Karlie's mother had intended on taking over Karlie's body..to posses her.
So a lot of Karlie's social development years were delayed. In truth, it were like she had been in a coma for years and her social skills were that of one in her late teens, than of 25 year old woman.
It were reason enough as to why she felt more at ease and level with younger women than those whom were of 25 or more matured years.

"You..." now this took a moment to think over, before... "...want a cold glass of water?"

Scherezade said nothing as Karlie began to fumble around, only her green eyes following every movement of the blonde, the glow of them alongside the semi squint showing how unhappy she was. Was it because of the bump to her head? Was it because of life? Who knew? It was probably everything together.

Only once did she pause, looking at the cabin around her. It was… So different from her own ship. It was clean, to start with. Hers hadn’t been since… Since the day she’d almost been murdered by that Jedi.

She half growled when the compress was pressed against her, and she waved Karlie away. Scherezade did not like being touched. She could press it on her own, as long as her personal space was kept safe. Sure, Karlie had touched her earlier, but that was sort of mandatory since she was helping her with the suit. Now was different. Now there was no suit to keep in mind.

“Of course I keep it locked,” she almost snapped, “No one’s allowed to see the inside of it. It’s… It’s private.”

She moved her head away when Karlie tried to look into her eyes. Definitely, uncomfortable.

“I’d rather have liquor,” came the answer to the water offer.

And then Scherezade sighed. She knew she was being hard. How else could one be when… When everyone who’d ever gotten close had betrayed her and broken her. Her walls were tall and made of the hardest metals known in the ‘verse. And of course, now that she was broken, now that she was a shell of the girl she used to be, now people were suddenly interested. No one had cared when she was happy and smiling and free.

“Look, what do you want from me?” she asked the woman, her stare pointed and sharp. If she knew what Karlie wanted now, it’d be easier to get it over with, before Karlie hurt Scherezade just like everybody else.

Karlie Lynn Destat

Ok, so she didn't want her to make a fuss over it. Not after she had caused that lump. Karlie took a step back, letting Scherazade take over the compress. She definitely didn't want to add more pain to her injury.

Karlie was about to break in about that was what she too felt about her ship. Up to date, only she had ever been inside. Ok, well except for the builders and techs who manufactured and put it together as she had designed it. But that didn't count. Karlie started the clock the moment she took it on her maiden flight.
But the girl aside from preferring more liquor, asked as to what she wanted of her.

Well this kind of took Karlie a bit off balance as she was just going with it. yet..
Yet she was suffering from lack of social interactions as far as friends went. She really didn't have any.
Karlie had kind of been bottled up..controlled...mind controlled by what she were told were a sith mother. Since her mother's demise, her main objective were to become her own person again..rediscover herself. But that too had a price. it didn't require social interactions like making friends. She had been for the most part home schooled before entering Castan Academy.
...and then she had focused on sciences and bio-engineering. But that only remained one's keen interest up to a point. Now that she was employed in the Bureau...there were no friends to be had..or call friends in the agency.

So here she was now asked...what did she want of Scherazade?

"I...I don't know." Karlie replied, taking another step back and plopping her narrow butt on the bed next to Scherazade.
For a moment she hung her head low, before resting her head on her hand, elbow resting on her knee.
She then ran her hand down her features before standing up again.

"I've got some Whyren's reserve...you can have it....
You can leave if you like....if you're feeling better...if you do wish to leave, I mean..." Yes, she now knew she had hoped maybe the girl could stay..talk...be some company...maybe...

"I couldn't leave you there..passed out...Thought maybe when I couldn't bring you to your ship, that.... I don't know.
Maybe when you'd wake up..."She then shrugged her shoulders. " I don't know...sigh.
I never had a friend. Don't know what it is to have one..." She barely was able to look back over to the girl. Lord...she must think I'm a psycho... Karlie thought to herself.

"I'm your friend, Karlie.." her Ai ship's comp then chimed in.

"Grr...not now please. "Karlie's frustration certainly showed for her comp's interruption.
"Stick with maintaining system's parameters. I'll call you if I need you." Karlie's eyes made a circle.
She had hoped the comp wouldn't make its presence known. Karlie had thought she had spoken to it several times already.

"As you wish." It replied and then seemed to click off.

"The liquor...right..." Karlie then said meeting Scherazades's glare at her. For sure now the girl was going to think she was a nut case, Karlie thought; as she stepped into the tiny corridor outside the cockpit to withdraw the unopened flask of Correlia's best.

"Personally I don't much care for it. Was recommended for me to have it on board. You can have it...take it with you, if you like " She offered the flask to the girl, expecting for Scherazade to make a run for it off her ship and away from her.

"Personally... I've taken a liking to mead...honey wine." So ok, the girl didn't seem to be booking as Karlie had thought she would.
Was this a good sign?

Karlie’s discomfort was clear to Scherezade. She felt a pang of guilt over putting her in that situation, doing that to her when she probably didn’t have any ill intentions yet. But everyone had them towards her eventually anyway, so why not just prep in advance?

She was about to do exactly as Karlie suggested, get up and leave, take the liquor with her, never been seen again. But then Karlie spoke about not having a friend and the damned AI had to respond and Scherezade could feel the pain in her chest hurting not just for herself anymore. She stayed put on the bed, her body almost frozen.

The shared pain didn’t last long though, not when Karlie mentioned mead. Another one of those things that Scherezade only had with… With someone who had used her and then tossed her away like trash a moment after she’d given him her heart. Breathing hurt suddenly, and she took the flask from Karlie, drinking deeply from it.

“Friends are dangerous,” she said quietly, looking at the floor, “they make you feel safe and then they break you.”

Karlie Lynn Destat

"Hmm... I guess. " She replied, not fully knowing as to what Scherezade meant, or at what capacity. Yes, she could see how easily someone could become attached to another and not that person doing the same. It were what was occurring here and she was starting to feel the lump in her chest...that disappointment of one's expectations of another going way South.

Maybe she could never really reclaim what had been stolen from her. Not for lack of want or trying, as she had so pathetically pressed herself of this girl. But for the most part, Karlie did lack the social experiences of adolescence development. She was 19 when she fully severed that connection which had greatly influenced her. And at the same time, her connection to the force. It had been more than a shock to find upon awakening....silence.
Karlie had been primed to the use of the darkness of the force, in a manner that she not been fully aware. Not in the sense that she was in many ways like an apprentice to a sith. only that sith..were her very own mother. But unlike the sith where an apprentice is primed to one day succeed it's master, Karlie was to be succeeded by the master. Karlie were to become the living vessel upon which the sith master would claim her body and thus...live another generation through Karlie. This of course were repeated for countless generations using a daughter.
Karlie's mother was like no mother at all. For she only bared daughters to continue her existence in their bodies.
THIS Karlie could understand in a manner of what Scherezade were closely meaning.

But to be betrayed by one whom were a friend?
Yes...
Yes, perhaps in a way it resembled such a betrayal as what a mother like hers would do to her own daughters.

Karlie nodded, understanding Scherazade's meaning of 'Friends' being dangerous.
"I understand..." She then said, getting a grip on the edge of the bed she were sitting on, across from the girl again. Karlie had sat down again, as it were less threatening to the girl, than if she stood up.

"It's like a mother's betrayal in a sense. You know... what you believe should be unconditional love, to discover that it never existed at all." She lowered her head.
No.
No, she couldn't argue with Scherezade. Karlie understood that gut wrenching pain of betrayal. And in a way, it could be as devastating as what she had experienced with her mom.
Only..
Only friends didn't share unconditional love. But if one did blindly trust the other to call them friend to then find betrayal behind them....
Yes, perhaps it could be the same, she were thinking. And certainly nothing she wanted to re-experience.

She did her best to surface an Ok type of smile. She certainly didn't want Scherezade to leave, thinking that she were hurt. Hell, that would be crazy, as they only met just hours ago.

“A mother’s betrayal?” Scherezade asked, looking up.

She’d once again been read to get up and get out, but the Karlie had more words to say and suddenly the subject of mothers was brought up.

It wasn’t a topic she’d discussed with… Well, with anyone. Not in depth, anyway. Her former adoptive sister had known that Scherezade’s mother was gone or missing, and the man she still loved knew it too. But other than a few words about who and what her mother was, a handful of short stories she’d told Gerwald…

No, she was lying to herself. She had told him. Him, and no one else. Not that it mattered anymore.

Her former-adoptive sister had claimed that her own mother had abandoned her. But Scherezade had found the woman; had confronted her. Had begged her to come back with her to Ryloth. Tacitus’ goons had their guns on her and she had still begged… But nothing came of it. The woman claimed she hadn’t abandoned her, but she hadn’t come with Scherezade either. It was a mess of a story.

“I don’t know what that’s like,” she finally whispered, eyes almost glued to the floor, “I haven’t seen my mother since I was a baby. But I had someone who adopted me as a sister half a year ago. And she betrayed me.”

Karlie Lynn Destat

A long moment of silence stilled the air...contemplation.

Karlie now had some insight as to why this girl had played on her mind all day.
Scherezade was in so many ways not so different than her at that age. Lost.
Lost, as she had once been in terms of finding herself alone...abandoned at the age of 12. Only that were her initial feelings, due to her midi's withdrawal of her sith mother's influence. But all that was really a result of a mother's betrayal. A mother who's sole purpose of tapping into unconditional love of a daughter to mother was for the sole purpose of taking over that daughter's body.

But Karlie had a loving and dedicated father...and support from a jedi; a Master Elohssa, in abating Karlie's midicloreans withdrawal from their force influential dependency of her sith master..her mother. One would have thought that Karlie had been a junkie with the intensity of the withdrawals, upon which her midis reacted in loosing her mother's dark-force influence.

Scherezade apparently had no support. And of those whom the girl had trusted in that aspect had betrayed her also
There was little that Karlie could think to do or say at that moment...hence the silence...that awkward moment.

"I think I understand..." were all she could say.
Sure, Karlie could well open up more and divulge other atrocities she had suffered unknowingly under her sith mother's hand. But this moment were not really about her. Rather, it were Scherezade's.
All she could do was listen and understand. Making any suggestions or comments would be futile and quite insulting, as Scherezade didn't open up to Karlie but for the sole reason to understand.

Karlie nodded...head hung low. She most certainly didn't know how to make her stay any longer than she wanted. Scherezade had been hurt..damaged by others close to her. Who was Karlie to this girl? Nothing really. Just a soul who was here at the moment...with an ear.

"Uhm...not my choice of poison..." She then said, looking at the Whyren's Reserve. Scherezade could hardly be said to be nursing it, as it were more than half gone already.

"....but you think maybe you can pass the bottle over for a second?"

Scherezade looked at Karlie as she said she thought she understood. For a moment, Scherezade did or said nothing, unsure of whether or not the blonde actually did. A lot of people claimed to know the feeling, but it was maddening to the Sithling; if everyone, or almost everyone, knew how it felt, why was she the one who couldn’t hide it? Why was she the only who one who appeared so tangibly broken? What personality trait was it that everyone else had, but she did not? It made her want to break something. Last time, it had been her own hands she had broken, punching into walls until ever one of her fingers bent the wrong way, until even her wrist bones showed through the skin. But it was useless. It hadn’t lessen her pain, hadn’t turned the hurt in her soul into something that was merely physical. Bacta had saved her hands. There was nothing that could save her.

When Karlie asked for the bottle, Scherezade gave it with a careless shrug. It wasn’t her business, what her usual poison was or wasn’t. The only one who had offered her a better way of dealing had told her she would have to kill those who had betrayed her. Scherezade didn’t have it within her; she could not kill her former sister, she could not kill the man she still loved. There was nothing left for her other than just drink, which put her in no position to even dare think about what it could mean if others did it too.

“Not everyone is meant to be loved,” was all she said, her eyes back to the floor.

Karlie Lynn Destat

Beep...beep...beep...

Karlie wiped her lips, the burning sensation of her esophagus on fire welled up some tears.
"Cough... Ahem....here, got to take this call..." She handed Scherezade the bottle back, as she took a few steps to open up the channel on the forward cockpit chair.

'I see you're back...." It were her father, which surprised Karlie. Surprised as how in blazes did he know she were back?
"Uhm..yea. Just got back. I'm fine dad..." She replied, looking about the interior of her ship. Did he have an eye on her? But how could he?...Karlie had designed the ship. She'd know.
She settled her eyes on Scherezade who was still seated on the other bed and shot her a small smile. The call didn't seem of anything dire and she figured it'd be quick...maybe.

'Yes, your comp relayed that to me' he replied, which caused Karlie to take in a bated breath before she tightened up her lips. So it were the snitch..her Ai comp that was behind it. Grrr...it pissed her so that her own Ai comp would inform her father and not make mention of it or ask permission to do so.
Then again, the Ai comp had been her father's surprise that he had gotten installed before she picked up her ship.

"Yea...well I guess you know about my-"

-Karlie- her Ai comp tried to interject but it were too late.

"...guest." Karlie then realized that maybe her comp didn't disclose all. She silently mouthed what looked like the word 'Shiet!'

A moment of silence followed.
'Guest?...
Well, odd guest wasn't mentioned...hmm.' her father's tone were not one of worry. seemed if her so called guest was of any concern, her ship's Ai would have alerted him. Being he trusted her, he said no more about her guest but asked if she found anything pertinent down in that old relic of a station.

"Not what we came here to find...no. At least not in the scope of something to be concerned about. The chemical stash was more geared for aquatic systems I think. Algaecide; common copper sulfate compounds in pure form, encased in dispersal nodules...." she went on to summarize what she had been sent here for.

'Sounds like nothing to call the marines about. Very good Karlie. Should expect you leaving Drukenwell system soon then...'

"Yes...soon." She replied, before..
"Wait!...dad?"

'Still here.'

"This was a treasure hunt of sort wasn't it? I mean, it had been presented as such by [member="Darth Tacitus"] ..right?"

'It was. You find something of interest?'

"Hmm..not sure. Actually I didn't think about it at the time...but there are some...hold on a second while I get my scanner." Karlie quickly jotted over to her bed and picked up the scanner she had used to download the droid's holo blueprint she had taken of it.

"Uhm...just give me a minute more, Scherezade. " she said, gesturing with her index the minute, before she returned to her call.
She then activated it, projecting the droid she had scanned in front of her. It showed the mechanical insides in detail and such.

"I'm opening up the holo on the comm, dad." Karlie said as then the holo image of her dad appeared in front of her. As well, the holo imagery of the droid and it's structural make-up were transmitted to her father also. He were seeing now inside her ship.
Karlie picked up his one raised eyebrow as he viewed not only the droid, but her guest.

"Uhm..yea...anyway dad.." She spun the holo pickup scanner away from Scherezade and aimed it to only show the droid's hologram and hers.
"I was thinking maybe I can have a few of these droids picked up...see about maybe making some use for them...you know."

'Interesting...quite old...but interesting non-the-less.' Her dad was seen nodding as his holo image seemed to look over her find.
'If you think they warrant bringing back a few samples...I've no objection.'

"Ok thanks. I'll make some arrangements with our merchant fleet ....you know...get a shuttle or two to pick a few..."

'Ok then... let me leave you to your guest. I'll see you back on Castagne soon...over.' And as quick as that, her dad's holo link cut out.

"YESSSS!!!" Karlie spun around with quite an excited look on her features. A shuttle or two..right!
Karlie wasn't thinking of just a few droids, but the entire stock, lock and barrel. She figured tens of thousands of those units. Ok, so they were old. But they were well constructed and still seemed fully functional. All she figured was upgrading their power cells and...and she'd have literly ten thousand or so battle droids. All at just the cost of shipping and handling. Peanuts!

She didn't seem so gloom now as she hopped her butt back on her bed.
"Yea...found a cache of old droids down there. I mean..like tens of thousands...give or take a few..hehe." Yes, Karlie's demeanor had suddenly changed.

"Hey...look at that... they're kind of neat..no?" She motioned for Scherezade to check out the still projecting holo image of the battle droid she had scanned.

sDrBZOr.jpg

"There's more than enough droids down in the hold for both of us. I mean...well they're just found goods. We can share what I found.." She offered, extending her hand out to Scherezade for her to take another swig off the Whyrens. It were horrid, sure. But after a few swigs...it wouldn't matter as to how it tasted....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom