Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Echani Faction?

Someone mentioned the concept in my character sheet, so I wanted to see if there was actually interest in it. For those that don't know who/what the Echani are, I'll link the page from wookieepedia.

Echani

One of the benefits of SWRP is that groups like this can exist. So, is there anyone interested in this? Or, let's just discuss it and see if people want to get involved, or what the faction would be like.

I understand that they're a society ruled by women. That being the case, I'd likely make a new character to help run things. Would use Brianna as an avatar. :)

So those of you who are/might be interested, what would you like to see from this faction? How would you like it structured?

Kamon Vondiranach said:
I understand that they're a society ruled by women. That being the case, I'd likely make a new character to help run things. Would use Brianna as an avatar. :)
Women have a special place in Echani culture but they don't necessarily rule it. There was a male Echani named Yusanis during the Jedi Civil War who was a high ranking General.

This isn't about alternatives, but noted.

No, I'm more interested in an Echani faction since I know we have a lot of Echani here. I've played a Jensaarai before, and there are good notions to them that would make them fun, but I'd rather there be an Echani faction.

Sirella Valkner

Because I'm a plant.
I used to RP an Echani. I did a really epic story with her called "Echani Versus Mandalorian" where me and a Mandalorian played a game of cat and also cat.... across the galaxy.

Sounds awesome. :D Wanna bring your Echani out? Could always use more.

And feel free to tell me what you'd want from an Echani faction. How would you expect it to be run? What would you see it doing? How would it be laid out? I'm gathering prospective members ideas to help formulate the faction rather than dictating. I value input.

Sirella Valkner

Because I'm a plant.
Yeah I'm trying to think of what I'd want. There was another RP I was on where they had a sort of matriarchal council. However I'd point out that "females play an important role in society" is the statement that people take as meaning they are a matriarchal society. The truth is in the middle east women play(ed) an important role in society, doesn't mean they were ever in charge. Women choose and arranged the marriages, educated the children ect. That is important but they were in no means in charge. It's a vague enough statement that we can really do anything with it.

Ezekyle Alpharius

E
Ezekyle is Echani, but won't be very friendly to everyone else. Gladitorial arenas and a not so stable violent mind do that to ya.

He could be re-educated, Ezekyle.

Sirella, if you read the Six Sisters page, you'll see that the worlds were ruled over by an all female council. It's not an exclusive thing, as in a place where men can have no power, but it does seem that women lead them in general.

Sirella Valkner

Because I'm a plant.
Kamon Vondiranach said:
He could be re-educated, Ezekyle.

Sirella, if you read the Six Sisters page, you'll see that the worlds were ruled over by an all female council. It's not an exclusive thing, as in a place where men can have no power, but it does seem that women lead them in general.
I actually did read that, and completely forgot until you mentioned it. *slaps forehead* Either way its still open enough that in however many hundred of years it could have changed into whatever we want it to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom