Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

During War One Must Learn On Their Feet [TJO - PM for invite]

“Evening, Mister Balen. I’m Master Truden and this is Padawan Ryuu.” She nodded a hello. “We’re your designated, uhh, doctors for the day. Now, the report said you were involved in a work related accident.”

“You want to tell us about that?”

“Eh, I’ll live, babydoll.”

Kana’s first victim for the day would be a weequay construction worker and she was already rolling her eyes. Externally all seemed fine ‘cept the swollen eye. A quick look at [member="Oukaze Ryuu"] had her nodding at him to take the lead. As much as Kana would love to go for it she still was a firm believer in learning-by-doing. In this case Kana had already learnt-by-doing several times already. Assumption said her partner hadn’t and she simply let it go from there.

“Well, we will still have to check up on you.” A smile would have to do. “My friend here will see to you while I observe.”

“Well, if you insist. Fine.” She never thought she’d see a weequay pout but here they were.

“I know some of this stuff already, Oukaze. I’ll let you do the honors and help guide you on the easy parts of treatment.”

Corvus was familiar with efficient and effective so followed Nurse Ettie to the patient and along with Sanya, checked out the patient's notes. She smiled warmly at the young girl. "Hi Maya. I'm Corvus and this is Sanya. I understand your mother is on her way, OK? Now, have you met any Jedi before?"

Corvus was used to Younglings and Padawans - and tried not to think about her own 14-year old sister as she greeted the girl. And she didn't want to take over before Sanya had the chance to chip in, so she thought about her options but decided to allow the Padawan to lead and see where it took them.

[member="Sanya Val Lerium"] | [member="Avalore Eden"]

Oukaze stood up, his datapad tucked between his left arm as he walked along side his current partner Master [Member="Kana Truden"] as they were assigned a single patient to begin training. His mind pondered on a few things before looking unto to his datapad for a brief moment to learn a few things about his patient. His eyes watched the interaction between Master Truden and the Weequay named Balen. Oukaze held steadfast to his serious demeanor but a phantom smile tugged the corners of his lips.

Oukaze returned the nod as he moved closer to the weequay, as he now must perform his hands on training. Placing the datapad down he crossed his arms over his chest as he quickly began to observe his patient's body, noting the swollen left eye for a few moments, "It says you were injured in a work related incident, a fall yes?" Oukaze asked.

"Yeah, hardly a fall though," Balen responded, his arms tentatively avoiding the middle of his body.

"Well, your left eye looks hurt and I have a few methods to remedy that, but I'm going to run a few simple tests okay?" Oukaze asked. Balen simply nodded as he waited.

"Breathe in deeply for me, just once, fill up your lungs," Oukaze asked, Balen looked a bit uneasy but tried so anyways. He began to breathe in a large intake of air but he winced as his chest expanded and looked on the verge to grunt in pain. "Where does it hurt?" Oukaze asked quickly, the Weequay looked hesitant to respond at first.

"Just a few bruises from the fall you know? Around the chest area, nothing, it's really nothing, just need some ice," Balen said, avoiding Oukaze's stare for a moment.

Oukaze's hand moved towards Balen's chest area as he lifted up the shirt and looked for the bruises. His hands pressed down gently on the weeqauy's ribs and with a quick yelp of pain Oukaze instantly removed his hands. Oukaze also flinched inwardly, as he himself quickly composed himself. "I have reason to believe your fall broke a rib, I need to examine it carefully so I can adjust any medical procedure properly and quickly ease your pain and get you on the road to recovery," Oukaze explained. "If there is nothing more than some broken ribs, your healing shouldn't take any time at all," He added to hope Balen wouldn't stubbornly refuse. Poke him in the ribs if he refuses Ryuu thought, Oukaze quickly shut out the thought as he maintained a small smile.

Sanya Val Lerium

Neutral, Queen of Her people, Neko
Sanya followed Corvus to the patient we would be handling, since Sanya experienced what Corvus could do first hand on manaan. she kind of looked up to her if anything Corvus inspired Sanya to take this path of a Jedi healer. it's a role where there was not much violence, maybe the odd bad temper patient but nothing that can't be handed by a Jedi.

as they both approached the girl laying in her bed Corvus introduced us to her. the sudden pout on her face immediately showed her displease. "hello Maya"
Corvus stood back which gave Sanya the instinct that she would be taking the leed. "now I would need to have a look at your ankle to see what has happened okay" the girl remained quite shaking her head from side to side and crossing her arms. "huh hard to get are you" Sanya gave of a little giggle before reaching into her satchel on her waist. her hand rummaged around till she could feel one of the saber crystals that was left in her bag. "well misses I'll make you a deal" the girls eyes darted towards sanya's "if I give you this green crystal would you allow me to have a look, I promise I'll not hurt you but we need to find out how much damage has been done so we can fix it up in no time" Sanya smiled hoping her positive and confident attitude gave the girl some comfort and a sence of trust.

as the girl nodded Sanya handed the small crystal to Maya, she lifted her leg onto the bed and carefully removed her sock. from what Sanya could see was that there was quite abit of swelling and looked quite tender which explained why she didn't want anyone touching it. Sanya turned around to confer with nurse Ettle and Corvus "personally for the time been, I think we should put a cold damp cloth around her ankle to try and reduce the swelling. as we have been made aware her mother will be along shortly when she does, Maya would benefit from an X-ray to show the extent of the fracture as for the cuts and scrapes I'm sure master Corvus can care of them" Sanya only knows the theory of force heal but is yet to be taught how to put it into action.

[member="Corvus Raaf"] Ξ [member="Avalore Eden"]

Corvus nodded at Sanya's approach. An x-ray made a lot of sense and her bedside manner felt good too.

Corvus spoke to Maya again. "Other than your ankle, is there anywhere else that hurts that you'd like us to take a look at?" Although she'd chipped in, she was keen for Sanya to keep the lead in the conversation, she seemed to have a natural flair for this kind of thing.

[member="Sanya Val Lerium"]

That knot in his throat came back. Uncertainty of his surroundings mixed with a lack of self-confidence flooded over him. Uri didn't know how to be a doctor or even a nurse. He didn't have any substantial medical knowledge. His deduction skills weren't that high either. Most of what people said or did went over his head. He was twelve years old after all and didn't have much in terms of life experience. The monks occasionally did healing, but he was mainly just a spectator. Anything terrible meant Uri was waived away. That was no place for a child, meditating was a better place for him. If anyone needed him to meditate, he could do that all day for them... He glanced around at everyone else. How they took to it so easily. Like this was were they were suppose to be. Uri wanted that for himself.

"Come on!" The nurse motioned Uri over with a violent scooping with her whole arm. Uri stood at attention before hurrying to get to her tripping slightly over one of the IV hangers. Luckily, it wasn't in use, but it made a racket as it fell over. He placed it back up right before making his way over to the nurse with a brisk walk instead. As she slipped behind a curtain, Uri followed shortly stopping with a screech or close to it as he caught the eyes of the woman in front of him. Proud was the first word that came to mind at first glance. Regal. his mind also thought this word. She didn't hold her head up like a noble being but the shape and elaborateness of her features gave Uri this conclusion. He hadn't seen many Togruta but she had his full attention. He didn't realize he was staring. At first, he didn't even see the cuts and bruises on her face and arms. Those came into vision after the initial shock of her form.

The nurse pulled him from his trance with the snap of her fingers. Uri's vision shifted from her to the nurse and then back again. This time his eyes fixed on hers noticing now just how red and watery they were. She looked tensed and worried as her eyes watched him almost as intensely as his watched hers.

"I'm Uri," He spoke in hope that it would dispel some of the tension. His voice still high and unchanged. Still yet to be hit by the warping and changing pitches of puberty. "...Ashta..." She choked out. She was still wary but at least this was a start.

Despite not looking at the nurse, Uri listened as the nurse explained her status and treatment that would be best. He looked over Ashta looking at each wound individually. Four bruises on her arm especially caught his attention. He hovered his hand over them lining his fingers up perfectly with them. She quickly jerked her arm away. Her movement startling Uri to pull his hand away as well before looking her in the eyes again. He came to the realization that someone did this to her. His heart hurt for her now so much that he looked away subconsciously. His eyes focused on a pitcher and a cup. He moved over to it pouring the cup a third of the way full and then handing it to the Togruta woman.

[member="Avalore Eden"] [member="Branimir"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom