Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LFG Droid Therapy™

ᴏɴᴇꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴢᴇʀᴏᴇꜱ
After finally getting him a home and a family, I think it's about time my roly-poly robot starts trying to fix his issues.

BB-610's core problem lies in the fact that his First Order programming kicks in at certain intervals, making him irrationally lash out at anybody nearby. This kink in his system can't be removed; it's a part of his identity now, and with how easy an analogy it is to make with mental health issues, I'd rather the answer not be to simply directly strip the programming from his code. This is something he's going to have to live with, but it also directly ties into this poor baby's trauma and mental anguish, so while it can't be resolved altogether, it's something that can absolutely be worked on and improved organically - he just doesn't know it yet.

With all that being said, if you have a character that's well-versed in treating and helping this sort of thing, whether it be a Jedi who excels at meditation and deep-diving introspection, or a fellow droid that's gone through a similar crisis of free will vs. initial programming, I'd love to expand Bee's library of friends now that he's settled down a bit.

While I'm sure there's already a plethora of fluffy slice-of-life threads, and believe me when I say that I understand how head-scratching it must seem to write with an astromech of all things, I would nonetheless appreciate any and all people that would like to help this poor traumatized ball get a little bit healthier. Feel free to poke me in DMs or on Discord if you wanna hash out any details. ❤

If he’s willing to go to a terrorist droid rights organization for help, House Io is available and we could write a thread with my girl Alessandra Io Alessandra Io working through his issues. She’s big on helping out traumatized or exploited droids.

It would be a big decision for him to go considering the dark side terrorism stuff, but past that droid rights are a big focus of the faction and he might be able to get the help he needs with Alessandra.

BB-610 BB-610

BB-610 BB-610

Maybe this tree hugging hippie can aid one of his silicon brethren struggling with an issue not too dissimilar to what STaCLO has been through. Having an old personality matrix from a clones war super tactical droid and a body made to fight extra galatic invaders. He could understand the digital compulsion to fallback on prior predetermined programing. Although through a relationship with a Shard STaCLO has something of a spiritual awakening and even changed the meaning of his name to reflect that. I doubt a bit of gardening and grounds keeping is all BB-610 to overcome such an obstacle.

plus i could possibly utilize this as an in to build interpersonal relationships with the GA/NJO hehe

DMs open if you wanna collaborate on therapeutic journey with a similarly old droid veteran who can still be haunted by the ghosts of yesteryears wars.

PS: I also have another droid (astromech) named BB-G4 but their more of a psychotic assassin droid stuck in the body of an astromech

Corbin is really good with tech, but this is more a mental thing, even if it is an artificial mind (Sentient droids are viewed as people in the Rimward Trade League, btw), so I'm not sure how much help he'd be. I have a former Iron Knight with memory loss, but he wouldn't be ready to thread yet. He hasn't escaped the Library yet and is still stuck in his old rusted, damaged droid body. Wouldn't mind keeping the option open for the future, though. Not sure where I want to take Void Omega [ V01D Ω (Void Omega) V01D Ω (Void Omega) ].

ᴏɴᴇꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴢᴇʀᴏᴇꜱ
Kat is tech savvy and built droids over the past. Her relationship with her own astromech is a closeness and she does wipe his mind so she could try finding a way to help out Bee.
Some time with more Galactic Alliance peeps would be a lot of fun. Would make for cute moments if they were to run into each other during missions, and I think it'd be nice for Bee to understand how most owner-astromech relationships pan out. Would love to thread!

ᴏɴᴇꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴢᴇʀᴏᴇꜱ
BB-610 BB-610

Maybe this tree hugging hippie can aid one of his silicon brethren struggling with an issue not too dissimilar to what STaCLO has been through. Having an old personality matrix from a clones war super tactical droid and a body made to fight extra galatic invaders. He could understand the digital compulsion to fallback on prior predetermined programing. Although through a relationship with a Shard STaCLO has something of a spiritual awakening and even changed the meaning of his name to reflect that. I doubt a bit of gardening and grounds keeping is all BB-610 to overcome such an obstacle.

This sort of droid character is exactly what Bee needs for a teacher, I think. Can give you a poke in DMs once I'm sorted with threads to hash things out, it sounds very similar to the dynamic I've been picturing in my head! <3

ᴏɴᴇꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴢᴇʀᴏᴇꜱ
Corbin is really good with tech, but this is more a mental thing, even if it is an artificial mind (Sentient droids are viewed as people in the Rimward Trade League, btw), so I'm not sure how much help he'd be. I have a former Iron Knight with memory loss, but he wouldn't be ready to thread yet. He hasn't escaped the Library yet and is still stuck in his old rusted, damaged droid body. Wouldn't mind keeping the option open for the future, though. Not sure where I want to take Void Omega [ V01D Ω (Void Omega) V01D Ω (Void Omega) ].

That sounds like a super interesting character premise. If you ever wanna give 'em a roly-poly ball friend in future, hit me up once you're ready!

ᴏɴᴇꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴢᴇʀᴏᴇꜱ
If he’s willing to go to a terrorist droid rights organization for help, House Io is available and we could write a thread with my girl Alessandra Io Alessandra Io working through his issues. She’s big on helping out traumatized or exploited droids.

It would be a big decision for him to go considering the dark side terrorism stuff, but past that droid rights are a big focus of the faction and he might be able to get the help he needs with Alessandra.

BB-610 BB-610
All I'm saying is, don't be surprised if he gets a puppy-dog crush on her. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom