Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Dream Again

After being involved in a battle she really shouldn't have, Jairdain had made sure her partner was taken away to be cared for. Returning to his apartment, she had found a package waiting there for her. Opening it, he had bought her an outfit and she smiled. Trying it on, the fit was acceptable, and then she put it back in the package she had gotten it from. This was something she would wear when she knew he would be able to appreciate it.

Packing up a small bag, Jairdain returned to Voss and the Shrine of Healing there. Having taken in so many souls, she needed help from the healers there. Being a Mystic herself, it was not something they would refuse. Taking the time she needed, she would call and check up on Jax daily. As soon as she got the news he was starting to improve, she knew she had to return to him.

Knowing her own healing wasn't entirely complete, she also knew it would take far longer than the amount of time she had. Reaching out with the Force, she focused on her connection with Jax. Seemingly to appear from across the Galaxy, she manifested in the room where he was resting.

Sitting down next to the bed, she leaned over and said a prayer for her love.

"May the gods bring you back soon, Jax. I love you."

During her on Voss, she had a great deal of time to think. Did she want to face the chance of losing another loved one? The short answer was yes and that answer had brought her back to his side. She had outlived many people already but that was the price of being warriors. Far too often, they were taken early and she had vowed to not let that happen to Jax. So she had followed him into battle and brought him back from the dead.

Would he appreciate that? A sudden doubt filled her and made her want to leave. Making up her mind to see this through, she continued to sit and pray for him to come back.

Jax Thio Jax Thio

Last edited:
Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

aSITfd.jpg

Equipment: Hospital gown​
Tag: Jairdain Jairdain
OOC: Immediately after Time to Go | Star Wars RP
As Jax walked through the door of light he heard a familiar voice calling to him: "May the gods bring you back soon, Jax. I love you." Is that? Jax began to run towards the direction of the voice but was blinded by the bright light. "Jair?!" Jax yelled. "Is that you?! Where are you?!"​
The light grew brighter as Jax felt himself flying to the point where he immediately opened his eyes. "Jair....." Her name came out in a rasp, the moment he opened his eyes, pain a washed his entire body as though he hadn't walked in weeks. The light burned Jax's eyes as he slowly craned his head towards the pale skinned woman. "Jair," Jax gave a weak smile as he tried to lift his arm. "I would bring you over for a kiss," he whispered. "But my arm is hurting as though it's on fire. What happened? Am I alive? How did we get off Ziost?"​

True to the work of the medics, Jax was soon to awaken. When he started to stir, Jairdain leaned forward again. His yell was barely more than a whispering rasp but he had been well taken care of and was not dehydrated. He was very likely going to be thirsty though.

Reaching out a hand, to rest alongside his head, she stopped him from searching for her.

"I am here, Jax. Allow me."

With her other hand, she moved in slow motion over his body and attempted to take away some of the pain he was feeling. Anything remaining would have to be taken care of by medicine and time.

"You lost one of your arms on Ziost. Just like Yur..."

Gulping down the rest of his name, she drew in a ragged breath and it was clear she could burst into tears at any moment. Taking a moment to compose herself again, she let out that breath.

"A friend of yours picked us up, and you were brought here."

Jax Thio Jax Thio

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

aSITfd.jpg

Equipment: Hospital gown​
"Wait what?"​
How can Jairdain say that? His arm was just fine it was just hurting a lot, Jairdain's touch managed to dull the pain. The Jedi grimaced as he struggled to get up. Why isn't his arm working? Why was it-​
And then he saw it.​
Jax eyes grew wide with fear as he saw the stump that was once his arm. "Oh chit....." Jax suddenly remembered what happened, when Pom Stych Tivé Pom Stych Tivé threw a potion at him the substance inflicted his body with burns from the inside and out. Jax felt his arm become limp and numb as he began to waste away eventually disintegrating into the air. Jax lower lip began to tremble tears starting to sting. "My arm...." was all that he could utter. It was a weak whisper yet filled with despair.​
It was a phantom pain, his arm, his fingers Jax could still feel it but another look confirmed that it was not there. It was like a ghost haunting Jax trying to reconnect with him. "Frack! Frack!" Jax attempted to get up to leave his bed, try to comprehend what was going on but his legs buckled under him and he collapsed on to the stone floor landing ribs first. The pain in his body returned but Jax could not feel it, all the Jedi could feel was shame and weakness.​
"I don't believe this......" he said trying to get up his one arm struggling to pull his weight Jax scooted towards the wall leaning backwards. "Jair....." Jax reached towards the stump feeling the smooth, circular surface. "My arm is gone but I can still feel my arm hurting, stinging as though it's still with me. I- I don't know what-"​
Tears began to roll down Jax's face as he placed his hand on his forehead. "Chit," he said. "I died as well didn't I?"​

When Jax started to try and sit up, she did her best to help him. However, this soon turned to stop him from getting up. Almost before she could prevent this, he was already on his unsteady feet. Noticing he was starting to go into a form of shock, she saw him losing his balance and held him up with the Force.

He said he said he didn't believe it and all Jardain could do was support him right now. That changed as he reached out to her. As he said he could feel his arm still hurting him, she once again would attempt to take some of his pain away. This was in his mind and she was a mentalist.

Hoping her love felt some relief, she looked away from him when he asked if he had died. While she maintained her hold on him with the Force, the focus of her sight was not on him. Nodding her head, she had some tears in her own eyes in response to his.

"You did. I brought you back, Jax."

Getting him back up on the bed, she still wasn't looking at him. Second-guessing the choice she made that day, the Master wondered if it had been the right thing to do. Once he was under the covers again, she sat down with him. Focusing on him now, she took his hand and held it.

"Don't do that again, Jax. I couldn't bear to lose another love."

Jax Thio Jax Thio

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

aSITfd.jpg

Equipment: Hospital Gown​
The pain began to dull thanks Jairdain's touch, the force dissipated the sting feeling he had in the stump of his arm. However Jax stared at it black face pale and his lower lip trembling rapidly. He wanted to move his missing arm but to no avail, Jairdain helped Jax up bringing him back to his bed. As soon as he sat down his entire body felt as though it was ready to collapse. Jax had been unconscious for weeks yet all he wanted to do was to run out of the hospital and try to make sense of it all. "You?" Jax stared at Jairdain, wiping away her tears with other arm. He grimaced in pain as his abdomen began to ache the moment he bent over. "You were the one who opened the door to the light."​
He remembered being back in the Netherworld, telling Master Oda that he wasn't ready to die at least not yet. As soon as he said it, a door opened and Jax was left wondering who could've created it. "You saved me again Jaridain," Jax whispered in disbelief. "I-I don't know what to say how did you do it?"​
The Jedi closed his eyes the moment Jairdain placed her hand with his. Fighting back tears, Jax leaned forward gently putting his forehead against hers. "I love you Jairdain," he whispered. "When I was at the Netherworld, I didn't want to merge with the Force because I didn't want to leave you Jairdain. You are too damn important to me."​
Jax kissed Jairdain passionately, wrapping his good arm around her neck. When he released himself, Jax smiled. "What do you mean don't that again?" he asked.​

Allowing Jax as much time as he needed to start coming to grips with what happened, she was a silent presence next to him with all the support she could give. When he asked if she was that opened the door to the light, he should easily sense her confusion.

"I don't know, Jax. I reached you and brought you back to life with the Force."

Lifting her free hand, she held two fingers close together but not quite touching. If he looked, he would be able to see short zaps of electricity flickering between them.

"By using zaps to make your heart pump again. It worked and then I stayed with you until we were picked up."

He said she had saved again and that caused even more confusion. Not asking for clarification, she waited until he finished explaining what had happened to him while he was dead.

"I'm sure I wasn't the only thing that kept you from merging. Besides, I would have come for you if you had died."

Smiling just a little, she leaned against him lightly when he put his arm around her. Turning her head to appear to look at him when he asked what she meant, she didn't answer right away. In a whisper, she finally did.

"Die. Don't die again and I love you too."

Jax Thio Jax Thio

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

aSITfd.jpg

Death.​
Jax was all too familiar with that term, for years he was wished that he died because of the guilt he felt when Master Oda died due to actions. But as he said to him in the Netherworld, Jax wasn't ready to die. There was so much to life that he had overlooked, the friends that shaped him to who he was today. Of course his love: Jairdain who gave risked her life to help Jax, the woman who had it just as bad as he did. "You weren't the only one," Jax said. "But you helped light my way back here Jairdain, you and the friends I've made. Yet you Jairdain you lead me to back to the light."​
The Jedi hugged Jairdain tightly placing her head against her chest. "I wanted to die years ago Jair," his vision was blurred due to the tears threatening to form in his eyes. Jax rested his chin above her head shutting his eyes tight. "But I realize that there are more people who cared about me, rooting for me even. They needed me just like I needed them."​
Jax kissed Jairdain's hair repeatedly as if he was afraid that he would lose her this very moment. "I-," Jax breathed hugging Jaridain tighter. "I don't want to die Jair, and I promise that I will fight tooth and nail to prevent it. I promise you my love."​
He smiled at Jairdain knowing that she couldn't take another loved one dying, he'll remain alive for her and his friends. "So you used force lightning eh?" Jax chuckled. "Prefer the mouth to mouth resuscitation but good ol electricity will do."​

It became clear that Jax didn't like her light touch and he pulled her closer. Even though he was recovering still, he had a great amount of strength in reserve. At least, he was able to admit she wasn't the only person that he had returned for. Though she was the only one that had actually brought him back.

Listening to him and his heartbeat, she understood exactly what he meant. There were times in her life when she had wanted to die.

"I need you more than anything."

That wasn't entirely true as she needed to breathe, eat, and drink but the idea was clear on what Jairdain meant and what he meant to her. Letting out a sigh, she quiet as he continued speaking. Smiling when he said he doesn't want to die now, she was happy in his arm.

"Yes, though I knew the skill long before I had ever heard of the Sith."

Let alone join them. This was something she still kept from him. A part of her life she wished had never happened and she had done her best to move past it. Sometimes it still came back to haunt her.

"You know while you've been recovering here, I paid a visit to Voss. While I was there, I learned about an entity that can grant wishes. We just need to find it. I already have an idea of what to wish for. What would be yours?"

Falling silent, she listened to the strong heart he had in his chest. Knowing it was because of her actions that she heard it now continued to make her happy.

Jax Thio Jax Thio

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

aSITfd.jpg

Normally Jax would use his other arm to slowly stroke Jairdain's smooth hair but he forgot that his arm was missing. Still holding Jairdain tight Jax allowed the tears to drop from his eyes as he buried himself into Jair's hair. "And I need you," he whispered. "Please give me your love Jair." He loved Jairdain with all of his heart. It was through her help that he managed to find himself back at the realm of light.​
"I mean," Jax chuckled releasing Jairdain. "I never accused you of being a Sith, plenty of Jedi know Force Lightning even me." He remembered his training at Gais about how force lightning was a tool not necessarily connected with being a Sith. To Jax it was all about how one uses abilities in battle. If Force Lightning ends a fight quickly then it's best to use it.​
It was then that Jax raised an eyebrow when Jairdain said that she heard about an entity that can grant wishes? Odd maybe Jax was still delirious but he wasn't sure if he heard Jairdain correctly. "Wishes?" Jax asked. "I-I never thought about wishing for anything. I mean I've heard of those creatures from the Jedi Library: Djinns is what they call them. There's no proof that they exist."​

Part of the acceptance process was admitting it. The shock to the system that Jax was going through, she would be there to help him as much as she could. His opening the door by asking her to love him was a step in the right direction. Feeling his head buried on hers, Jairdain did not move at all he spoke and made his request.

"You have that already, Jax."

Keeping her head on his chest, even though he released her, she listened to what he had to say about not accusing her of being Sith. A sense of shame filled her for a moment before she was able to bury it. Since he was going through his own pain, there was a good chance he missed it. It was true many Jedi did know how to use lightning so she just went with it.

Then she mentioned the entity she had heard of. Nodding when he said what it was called, she smiled slightly.

"Seems like you have a better memory than me. To you, they are a myth. To the Voss, they are real. A location on where to search for them is known. Once you recover, we can do there."

"Think about what you would wish for."

Jax Thio Jax Thio

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

aSITfd.jpg

A cry nearly left Jax's throat but he held it in, the stump that once held his arm was still hurting. He placed his head to Jairdain's chest shutting his eyes trying to fight off the images of Pom burning him. "I can't get these images out of my head," Jax breathed. "I can still feel the pain when Pom threw her potion at me at Ziost. I can still see my arm disintegrating....."​
Jairdain insisted that these Djinn were real despite the fact that there was little proof of their existence. "You seem," Jax chuckled as he tried to push out the memories that infesting his mind. "Hellbent on believing that these Djinn are real beings, very well Jair once I get something for my arm I will go with you my love."​

There would have a point in her life when Jairdain would have offered to remove the memories but she had learned that wasn't the right answer. Listening to Jax explain he couldn't forget what happened and could still feel the pain of his arm, all she could was remain silent and offer him what support she could. Doing this, she was happy when he moved beyond the situation and decided to focus on the future.

"You rest, recover and then we can talk more about it. Where we're going, you'll need to be in top shape."

While she did not speak the next part out loud, she did think that the Nightmare Lands on Voss were going to be difficult for him. Especially if he had never been there before.

Turning her attention from him when a nurse entered, she moved out of the way to allow the medic to take care of his patient. The nurse put some medication into the IV of Jax and walked over to a datapad at the bottom of the bed.

"You, sir need to rest. That medicine will ensure you do just that. Sleep well and if you need anything, just press the button next to you there. One of us will come to help."

Watching at the sleeping aid took effect, Jairdain took a seat on the couch of the room and soon followed her love into a slumber.

Jax Thio Jax Thio

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom