Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Location Draed-Muinne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Draed-Muinne
Bryn-Base-Lothal.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a hidden base for the Draelvasier to operate out of.
  • Image Credit: Midjourney
  • Canon: N/A
  • Permissions: Draed-Muinne
  • Links: Embedded
SETTING INFORMATION
  • Military Base Name: Draed-Muinne
  • Classification: Special Operations Outpost
  • Affiliation: The Draelvasier
  • Population: Sparse
  • Demographics: Draelvasier only
  • Accessibility: Draed-Muinne was built to never be found, shrouded by an artificial storm, and hidden within a maze-like asteroid field. Draed-Muinne uses the greatest stealth technologies available to the Draelvasier.
  • Description: Got in the periphery, Draed-Muinne has the look of a monolithic sanctum. High-rising, brutalist architecture extends from its exterior, with more intricate compounds within.
POINTS OF INTEREST

Tathrathrone.png
- Throne Room:
In the centre of Draed-Muinne, a long corridor adorned with trophies and Drael art and battered armour of fallen warriors. At the end of that corridor, rests a Behind the Chieftains throne extends a deep cavern - home to the native Draeyde that inhabit it.

The-Meta-Chief-centre-room-lava-pool-circular-pool-387c43f4-2c0d-4f38-ba84-93fb49ff15d0.png
- Healing Pool:
A more intense method of repair when healing mutagens simply aren't enough. Located directly opposite the preparations hall, the healing pool is as the name suggests. A pool of liquid a Draelvasier can delve into to heal wounds and repair mutagens. The pool is roughly ten feet deep in the centre, growing more shallow at the edge. The healing liquid has the consistency of molten lava, with a heat that'd peel the skin most other species rather than heal them.

- Preparations:
The preparation facilities consist of a medical bay and food refrigeration.

- Hive Chamber: The Kraemonen, act as Draed-Muinne's secondary security system. Constantly watching over the scanners and other instruments. Radar, sonar, etc. They tend over the active, standard technologies that protect Muinne. The Hive-Chamber in fact doubles as Muinne's server room, where the Kraemonen hang loosely from the ceiling - connected directly to the main server.

- Munitions Depo: Muinne also has a mostly, empty munitions bay. Capable of storing equipment enough for a small army. However, due to being abandoned early on in the war - Muinne hasn't been restocked in quite some time.

- Landing Platform & Hangar: Atop the fortress, a circular landing platform allows for ships to either land on the surface or; have the platform open so that ships can lower into a hangar bay for repair or modifications.

- Special Operations Centre: A smaller external tower, at its top is a comms room. Equipped with long-range scanners and various other types of equipment for information collection. At its base, a research and development hub, once used for the creation of weapons and mutagens.

- Weather Hazards: Generated by the terraforming equipment used across the asteroid field, the storm protecting Draed-Muinne requires constant charting. A safe pathway never remains consistent, thusly entry to find Muinne requires up-to-date coordinate coding.

- Cross-Over Point: A security checkpoint with deadlock sixty-ton heavy doors on either side. These cross-overs are typically manned by Drael soldiers. There are a total of thirty cross-over points spread throughout Muinne.

- The Storm Drain: A maze of columns and pillars made of rock stretch out in a valley all around the Fortress.

SECURITY: Maximum
Exterior: Built as a wayward fortress, Draed-Muinne does not have any outwardly obvious defences. Rather across its surface and nearby asteroids are terraforming conduits, creating breathable Type II air for the Draelvasier and a storm forever hovering over the asteroid field - hiding the fortress from scanning equipment.

A grid system of railways extends out in a circumference of up to a kilometer from the main base, manned by automated Ballista turrets, upgraded with additional guided missiles. There are a total of three hundred of these turrets focused on an overlapping crossfire aimed at the entrance to Draed-Muinne from the storm.

Interior: Draed-Muinne is home to Kraemonen, creatures who live in isolation in their hive chamber. They constantly monitor the active technologies protecting Muinne from detection and hazards. Every door is operated through, Draelvasier technology that verifies the species of the user. Biometric scanners and invisible sensors are also present in every cross-over point to various parts of the base.

HISTORICAL INFORMATION
Originally built in 845ABY, this was one of the first outposts ever created by the Draelvasier to keep tabs on hostilities between the Mandalorians, Sith, Confederates and the commonwealth of Commenor. When the Draelvasier began to expand outward from Draemidus Prime, they abandoned Muinne to both keep its location a secret and to focus on the growth of their territory. Only once the system of Lothal was taken, did the Draelvasier return to Muinne. The base was secretly refurbished in 865ABY at the request of Tathra Khaeus. Becoming a means of communication with the Draelvasier living in extra-galactic territories.

Muinne became a base of operations for Gordrak, commander of the Ultras. A perfect location to keep the vengeful galaxy at arm's length. Now, upon the return of Tathra Khaeus in 874ABY - Muinne will once again play a pivotal role in the future of the Draelvasier species.

Last edited:
Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
Tathra Khaeus Tathra Khaeus

Very interesting submission you have here! The revival of the Crab folks is something that I'm very interested to watch unfold myself. There's only really one or two things I'd like to see tweaked before I stamp it with the big green approval button.

In Security your rating is currently the highest that it can be, which makes sense given that it is historically significant to your faction, however the description of the defenses themselves don't really match that rating in my opinion. Secluded and concealed by a storm are both very good deterrents but from what you've written they seem to be the only defenses. Are there no sort of traditional defenses at all? No turrets or guard stations either internally or externally on the off-chance that the storm is not enough?

And speaking of the internal defenses, some greater detail would be good there as well. A link to the Kraemonen is a must so that the average reader gets a better sense of what these creatures are and how they operate. Are they the only standard defenders of the base? Also you wrote that they live isolated in their hive chamber, but do they leave and fight off potential invaders if and when someone manages to set foot inside?

Some more detail for such a high rating is all I need really, everything else looks good to me!

Darth Strosius Darth Strosius The Kraemonen are more of a singular hive of flesh or as the sub depicts small little creatures. In this case, it's a bunch of the small individual worms, acting as support for the electronic systems. So, no they don't get up and defend the station.

I've added some detail overall, and more interior and exterior security details with some checkpoints called 'cross-over points' detailed in the points of interest section. And I believe I've already linked the Kraemonen in the submission where they're mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom