Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC Doviculous

Status
Not open for further replies.
General-Kleeve.png

Name: Doviculous (Birth Name: Tez'chev Esteri)
Loyalties: While having been made subservient to Darth Vornskr, deep down Doviculous' loyalty is first and foremost to himself.
Role: The first of Vornskr's Shadow Hands, a shadowy cabal of Dark Jedi roped into Vornskr's service to further his goals across the galaxy (mainly through criminal means).
Development Threads: N/A
Species: Devaronian
Force-Sensitive: Yes (Dark Jedi Knight-level)

Appearance: A typical Devaronian, Doviculous possesses the devilish features and crimson skin of his kind. His frame is bulky and muscular, yet his face is angular and sharp with a narrow chin and long pointed ears. A pair of black horns jut from his forehead and curve backwards towards his scalp, the tips of which are filed sharp and constantly maintained to perfection by Doviculous. His left eye had a dark purple iris (that turned yellow when immersed in the dark side) with white sclerae, but his right had been replaced by a cybernetic enhancement that featured a crimson photoreceptor. His outfit consisted of a tight black bodysuit overlaid by a loose-sleeve black tunic, zeyd-cloth robe and banded plates of gold trimmed black reinforced flex-armor with sharp shoulder guards and a wide and high collar. The outfit also featured a utility belt that consisted of a blaster holster, a clip for a lightsaber, and several pouches that could contain various objects such as a comlink, credits, or even explosives.

Personality: Loud and obnoxious, Doviculous isn't one you'd consider being in the employ of a infamous and no-nonsense Sith Lord, but behind that crass and rather simple nature is a low cunning that allowed Doviculous to catch Vornskr's eye. Doviculous was an aggressive, brutal, destructive, and cruel practitioner of the dark side who did not hesitate to murder whether it was for a cause or if it was simply on a whim. A purveyor of illegal weapons, Doviculous was rather well-versed in the criminal underworld; specifically smuggling, production, extortion, racketeering, and armed terrorism. However; Doviculous was utterly incapable of thinking outside of the now, his mind always geared to worry about the short term rather than long term plots and schemes, and was often considered extremely short sighted.

He was also considered rude and sexist towards women (Don't kill me pls, it's just the character).

Quick History: Tez'chev Esteri was born on the planet Devaron in the year 807 ABY, but was kidnapped from his home by the dark warrior Master Devlin Mograne while fleeing from Jedi authorities in the region. Mograne murdered both of Tez'chev's parents, and upon sensing the infant's innate Force sensitivity he took him with him to his hideout on Vendaxa to train him as his apprentice. There Tez'chev (renamed Doviculous by Mograne) was indoctrinated into the Order of the Burning Fist where he would learn the bare basics of the Dark Side of the Force from the acolytes living there, themselves knowing only a fraction of the dark arts themselves; yet they considered themselves unrivaled in it's application. Spoon fed their unfounded arrogance he quickly began to think of himself as better than those that instructed him, his own powers rapidly progressing far beyond what they were capable of, and soon enough he rebelled against his mentors and fled to Ord Mantell.

Falling in with a local gang, Doviculous helped them defeat their rivals and became head of a weapons manufacturing plant that supplemented black market terrorist organizations with illegal munitions. Doviculous' gang constantly butted heads against local authorities, eventually leading to a confrontation against Mandalorian judiciary forces who drove Doviculous from Ord Mantell, but quickly relocated to Balmorra shortly after. Soon enough the Empire invaded Republic space from the Deep Core, and after several years of prolonged combat most of the Core Worlds were lost to the encroaching Sith horde. Balmorra was one such planet, and Doviculous' exploits caught the eye of Darth Vornskr who sent his agents to kidnap Doviculous and bring the Devaronian before the Sith Lord. Impressed with his cunning and cruelty, Vornskr enthralled Doviculous into his service and made him the first of his Shadow Hands (Dark Jedi who would serve the Sith Lord in various capacities across the galaxy while hiding their ties to their Sith master).

Vornskr completed Doviculous' training in the Dark Side of the Force, and gifted him a double-bladed saberstaff as a gift along with a cadre of Sith soldiers disguised as militiamen to serve as his personal guard. Doviculous then went out into the galaxy to sew discord and instability through the criminal underworld for his master.

Weapon of Choice: A double-bladed saberstaff with crimson blades (although he has been known to use a variety of blaster weapons and hand-held explosives).
Wealth: Doviculous' wealth is rather moderate, as most of his earnings from his activities are shuttled away to a hidden vault

Combat Function: Doviculous could be paralleled to Savage Opress when it comes to fighting, his tactics are brutal and encompass overwhelming force as a philosophy. He's been trained in the Sith arts by the acolytes of the Burning Fist, and his training was then completed by Darth Vornskr; he uses a combination of brute strength and skilled acrobatics to overpower and outflank his enemies. He's also proficient in Force powers that augment his own physical strength or ones that channel his energy into outright destruction, often used to achieve vulgar and obscene results. However; when the odds turn against him he's more often to turn and flee to save his own skin than fight to the bitter end. He's also somewhat of a sore loser, and is willing to destroy his own property to deprive his foes any form of advantage.

Skills:

• Proficient in Form I, IV, and V of the seven forms of Lightsaber Combat. (Shii-Cho, Ataru, & Shien / Djem So)
  • A master of the basic Force abilities. (Push, Pull, Jump, Speed, etc etc etc)
  • Can fling his lightsaber through the air and guide it's trajectory with the Force. (Throw Lightsaber)
  • Can tap into his innermost fears, pain and hate, and convert them into an intense rage. (Force Rage)
  • Can completely crush an object or person through the Force with telekinesis. (Force Crush)
  • Well-versed in the Black Market weapons trade.
  • Competent interrogator and skilled torturer.
  • Decent gunsmith.
  • Pretty good pilot, although nothing to take a second glance at.
  • Can bake a mean souffle.
Notable Possessions:

Other Notes: The first of four NPC submissions to come, so get ready codex

Intent: I recently had the idea of Dark Jedi servants. I have Sith servants and Imperial servants, but I don't really have any criminal or Dark Jedi servants, and I thought that it was time I create a little cabal of Dark Jedi who work for Vornskr and go do nasty things in the galaxy to serve his bidding and grand vision of a burning galaxy.

Good Morning Kaine,

I'll be taking this sub:

Darth Vornskr said:
Can store a massive amount of energy within his body, and then discharge it in the form of a large blast that could vaporize near anything in it's path, however; this power was extremely taxing and required a great deal of concentration to even pull off. (Force Destruction)

My one big concern is this because I fear that it will cause butt hurt if ever used I therefore offer you a choice forgo on it or do me a 'dev thread' of sorts where Kaine teaches it to him, or takes him on a raid etc. just so that in the event of butt hurt you can point back to this and say you put in some posts to justify it. It needn't be more than ten posts .

once that's sorted I see no issues,

Thanks,
Callum
[member="Darth Vornskr"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom