Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private One Friend in the Galaxy | Theresia

el5iNie.png

Being so fantastic had downsides sometimes. When one shines so brightly, it tends to dull all else in comparison. Dorian had that problem; there were none as skilled, graceful, handsome, majestic, strong as he. He'd gone off with the high-class folks and found that the only thing that made them great was their money. The only advantage they had over the little folk was that they were cleaner -- they showered regularly. Wherever he went, there were always people he had to look down on. He'd been born with many gifts and planned to continue taking advantage of them.

If there was one person who he admired in the galaxy, one who he had a fundamental respect for, it would be Terry Asode. Well, it was her. He hadn't found anyone else as reliable and intelligent in all his travels. She was the kind of person who could keep up with him, and that was the kind of person he needed in this most troubled of galaxies.

Even so, he had trouble saying it. He never really told anyone how he felt. He wasn't particularly sure why. So, whenever he wanted to sit and think about his feelings, about all the gifts he'd been given and what a blessing he was to this galaxy, he sat on the roof of the squat apartment building on Denon. He had enough money for a nicer place, sure, but the rich were the same as the poor to him, and he didn't much care about what they thought of this place. It was quiet, secluded enough -- it reminded him of home. It was home.

The pitter-patter of the rain died down, but Dorian kept his ears open, listening to the sound of traffic below, as well as the beat of one of the many street performers native to their corner of the ecumenopolis. And then... the thump, thump, thump of someone reaching the top of the stairs and the creak as the old door to the roof opened.

"Hey," was all he said.

Theresia Asode

T
Returning to Denon from the station that Theresia usually worked on was always a little strange. The difference in life on a station versus life on a planet was a serious physical thing. False gravity was easier to live with apparently, and being planet side always made Terri feel heavier than she actually was. Not that it stopped her, of course. Her best friend lived here on Denon after all, and she always made sure to take the time to drop in more than was necessary to bug and pester him.

Today was no different. She had made the short journey and then made her way towards the apartment her Dorian - yes, her Dorian - chose to remain in even though he didn't actually need to do as such. It was one of the things she admired about him, the lack of a need to show off with his wealth. It was just something else the pair of them had in common, though the curvy mechanic by no means had the same sort of impressive funds.

Whatever the case, when she had reached his apartment and there was no answer at the door? Terri rolled her eyes, sighed, and headed towards the stairs that lead up to the roof. It didn't take her long to navigate her way up to the door, and once she reached it and pushed the old door open, she was greeted instantly. It caused her to roll her eyes, but smirk just a little as she stepped through and out onto the roof fully.

"Hey yourself," she let out. Her hands tucked themselves into her pockets and she made her way closer to him. "What are you doing up here all by yourself?"

Tag: Dorian Sicarrio Dorian Sicarrio

el5iNie.png

Dorian looked up at the sky, as if watching his peace and quiet flutter away in the wind as Theresia approached. Not that he was annoyed. Being alone got boring pretty quick. He swung his legs from over the edge of the roof, smoothly turning to face Terri and giving a trademark grin. "Why, when I have nothing else to do, I use my massive intellect to ponder the secrets of the universe." He flicked the strand of hair that hung over his face, as if to further exaggerate his apparent arrogance. As if Dorian would be so daft normally... he was an idiot in other ways.

His expression softened slightly as he looked at the woman. He was always happy to have her over -- she made him feel 'normal', as much as that was possible. Relationships without deep-rooted power dynamics were rather rare in his life. Everyone he knew were either cheapskate arena organizers or other gladiators. The other gladiators weren't as successful or skillful as him, of course, which was why he always won. "Thinking," he replied to her question. "The usual."

"Anyways, the big tournament with the Sith is coming up, soon-ish. You gonna come down and show some support?"

Theresia Asode

T
Ah, the smart-assed answer. How in all of the cosmos had she expected to get anything other than that from him? Still, his response to her made Terri grin and she tucked her hands into her pockets before tipping her head back so that she could look skyward. "Well, you certainly chose a good place to come and ponder such things." she let out to him.

Though as his expression softened, so did Theresia's mirroring sarcasm. "Well, need someone to toss your thoughts around with? I've got time." she questioned as she closed the rest of the distance between them. Though rather than stand around, Terri took a seat and let her legs dangle off the edge of the building. The woman had no fear of heights, it was part of why it was so easy for her to do work on ships as such. She wasn't afraid to get into the dangerous places and positions to fix whatever was needed.

Seemed to be that way with at least Dorian as well. And that very fact caused her to smirk and duck her head just a bit at his question. "Me, be supportive? How very out of character that would be..." Ha! They both knew she was his biggest support and fan, through and through.

| Dorian Sicarrio Dorian Sicarrio |

el5iNie.png

There was no other way to answer, really. Theresia knew how he was, and of course he wasn't going to be changing anytime soon. Still, there was a softer, more sincere side to Dorian. With all his showboating and acting both in and out of the ring, there were few who'd ever seen him be truly honest. She was among those honored few. Maybe he shouldn't be so snarky around her...

No, no. But maybe he'd hold off for a little while.

As she joined him at the edge of the roof, he swung his legs back over to face what little they could see of Denon's skyline. The dreary rain clouds began to clear, a few rays of the evening sun filtering through. He was suddenly reminded of how poorly he dressed. Greys and blacks... it wasn't very flashy, was it? He needed to show his liveliness through his outfit, too. His attire had to reflect his showiness in the ring.

Enough of that. He shrugged in response to her question, staying silent for a few moments as he considered what to say next. "Eh, my thoughts aren't so special," he said, already undercutting what he was going to talk about next. He ran a hand through his hair and sighed. "You know I'm not very good at this kind of stuff. Being honest, all that." Still, he didn't stop talking. Might as well get it out. "I was thinking about what I'm doing, I guess. I'm the best in the ring, I know, but sometimes... I mean, there's more to the galaxy than that. I think you got that part down," he said, nudging her with his elbow.

"Not that I'm gonna stop anytime soon, of course. The Sith tournament will be huge for my rep. Probably some tough opponents, but there's no chance I'll die or get permanently injured, so it's not too bad... you won't be able to fiddle with the sound systems, though. The Sith might get mad." Their usual play when she was around was often to make Dorian's fights more exciting by adding some epic music and whatnot. He was a dancer, it was easy to stick to the rhythm when the fight followed the beats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom