Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do You Play SWTOR?

So I had played it a year ago, loved the first few days of it but had a fall out as alot of the content just seemed repetitive to me and there were alot of let downs. Basically I was expecting it to be start off where Star Wars Galaxies left off in what you could do, but just better graphics.

A big thing I was perplexed by was the fact their space combat was a on a track like a roller coaster? and not full player control like SWG was, a game that was out many years before. Regardless I understand SWTOR was forced out the door way too early and had a hard time to catch up to what it originally wanted to have. Still have a few meh feelings about it.

ANYWAY. I am thinking about playing it again, however my friends lost complete interest in it and I wanted to see if there were some members here who may happen to play on similar servers?

I think I would enjoy the game better if I actually played it with continuous friends instead of ask a random player for help in a flashpoint xD

I left off with a lv 37 Sith Inquisitor and a Lv 10? Jedi Knight both on the Ebon Hawk server, though I'm thinking of making a Jedi Consular which could be on the Ebon Hawk or on a server that members on here play on.

Basically if you play SWTOR currently drop your Charecter classes, level('s) and server names. o_O if there were enough people maybe we could form a CHAOS GUILD! if there isnt one already.

I played it for a few months shortly after launch. I enjoyed it, but not enough to pay for it.

I actually liked the space battles, they were fun in small doses.

Now I could go back to it as a F2P user, but it took so long to level up on paid that I just don’t have time to go through it another way.

Tegaea Alcori said:
I played it for a few months shortly after launch. I enjoyed it, but not enough to pay for it.

I actually liked the space battles, they were fun in small doses.

Now I could go back to it as a F2P user, but it took so long to level up on paid that I just don’t have time to go through it another way.
That was an issue for me as well, when I went back to it (not too long after I quit) only because my boyfriend just started playing xD I tried unpaid and he leveled up 10x faster than I did while we were on the same missions together.

I did try my hand at Tera online, it was visually beautiful, but I feel kind of spoiled after playing SWTOR, I expect NPC's to carry a conversation rather than blurt out "KILL TEN RATS TO SHOW YOU ARE A WARRIOR!" but all MMO's follow the similar guides set before them, SWTOR I admit just does it fancier. Ironically though, I kind of treat it more as an RPG rather than an MMO.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8-Fs55C4KE

I got around to creating a new account a few weeks back. I am currently Level 14 Sith Warrior, Level 5 Bounty Hunter, and Level 11 Imperial Agent.

In the past I played each class at least once and I think Imperial Agent has the best story. However I'm gonna do, for the first time in a long time as a RPer, play as a Jedi Knight. But then I realize it doesn't matter, because I'll still end up being Dark Side.

Atlas Kane

A
Played one character to level 55, then stopped for half a year. Then I played a different one to 42, decided it was boring and started a new one whom I played till level 40. Then I got bored again and paused for a couple of months until I started a new one. That guy is currently level 4.

Edit: No you won't get to have my awesome Sith Juggernaut/Republic Commando/Bounty Hunter/Jedi Knight in your guild *evul face*

If the SWG emulator was updated to its latest form, I would drop almost everything to play that. Customize your house? your ships? (a number of ships) grow your own pets and build your own droids and work with a community to build a player run city!

SWTOR just got to its space expansion... I've been playing WoW recently, I have a Kung Fu Panda Air Bender (just did a fan fiction cross right there).

The thing that would bring me back and forth to SWTOR is their storylines, it is more engaging to have a npc actually converse with you rather than read a scroll or wall of text that tries to portray an epic reason why you must kill ten womp rats. WoW has alot of swag and I kind of have easier access to it since my boyfriend, a WoW veteran has all the skills and benefits to get me to lv up faster and collect swag, and the pet battle system is like pokemon. And truly Im playing WoW now because I can play with my boyfriend and talk with him via head set, if CHAOS RP had a guild then I would join back in to swtor, especially a role play guild.

maybe I am spoiled but I did play swTOR a bit, got a copy of the game for $15 at a store, and basically sat on it until last summer.

thing is I have a history of mmo's back in the day I did a bit of ultima online, mostly on a private server, then I played DAOC (Dark age of Camelot) for a while, about 2-3 years, played horizons off and on for a while, there was a game I think earth and beyond ... I still have the disks for it somewhere, and swgal for a bit and then I got into wow.

my big issue with ToR was even though I only got to the mid-upper 30's it really got repetitive in part because its not just the space battles that is effectively on reails the whole game is that way.

I think that part of the problem (for me) is that it all seems "too small" for star wars. to me, and yet at the same time many of the levels have "too much running" that just feels like you are wasting your time because the devs didn't know what else to do. don't get me wrong there are lots of things that aren't "bad" but for instance the "jedi" plate armor? 1000-1500 ish cartel coins to get ...
Now I did log in the other day to try out the new starfighter expansion and its not on rails like the space transport was - is ? but the battle I was kind of meh because IMO the controls are kind of flaky.

with that all said I am not sure how to fix it or design a lot better version myself ... except one thing I think would help a lot would be a major revision to make it "more" for instance if they could add more dynamic quests where your choices matter, some "phased" things where you see a change in the world based on your actions, more than 4 starting areas, less "overlap" in the character story lines more varied landscape on some of the planets, etc.

@[member="Sarah Frostlight"]

It does seem small, compared to the enormity of worlds and space Star Wars has to offer, even just from a single film.

It kind of is an odd child, born from an MMO and trying to mimic KOTOR series....I would have taken a swtor III rather than an MMO ._. I was thinking about logging back in (free to play) to try out the new expansion, despite how new it is I will always compare it to SWG which was ahead of it in alot of different ways. I suppose with any mmo it can get better with more time, upgrades etc.... but it seems off putting that bioware didnt take notes from Sony/SWG. If they applied the new fancy textures, voice actors and even TOR timeline/mythology to what was SWG it probably would be the worlds number one MMO. In my opinion ;)

An MMO I would have thought be more suited to follow after SWG (took place between episode 4-5) is an RPG MMO based on the New Republic, just a few years after enough as to where Luke has a sizeable New Jedi Order and random dark siders running around. But Disney and new movies and new canon washed that idea away before I had it.

well this is my view but having places where you need to "run" for 20 minutes to get somewhere doesn't make me feel the world is big, its just annoying, and dragging you around from place to place doesn't work anymore for me.

what I think needs to be an improved model is less annoying core quests that you have to do to advance and more of a call it a checkpoint system preferably one that has more than 1 way of meeting the requirements.

like say for the sake of argument: your boss says "I am too busy to directly manage your training right now... go talk to fred"
so you go and talk to fred, he tells you well I need this, that, or this other thing accomplished.
this is a gather number of whatever's quest
that is a kill so many whatever's
the other thing is help a bunch of the people around the area and build up rep.

if you accomplish 1 of the tasks you can progress, if you accomplish 2 or all 3 you get some bonus rewards
things like that, and it gives the people who just burn through content (or when you are going through it on the whatever alt for the lots time) a way to just move on past, but the people who want to take the time and "savor" the experience get some benefits also.

oh and have lots of "side quests" that are completely optional but are "fun" heck what can be interesting is having npc's have a pool of say 5-10 optional quests that you can only get 1-3 at a time and you either gradually unlock them or they have different ones that they select each "day" so it there is a quest you like mabie you can do it over and over ... or there is one you hate you can avoid doing it.

@[member="Sarah Frostlight"]
That is an interesting idea, in fact didnt KOTOR companions have extra content/quests for you. Like Missions brother, Bastilla's mother, Jolee's friend who stands trial on Maanan and Zalabar's well saving his planet! you mean in that respect, rather than follow the same exact missions as every other player of your class or even faction. Maybe even mix it up further if it was npc companions who could give quests related to them, by increasing the amount of npcs, but limiting you're crew number such as you're influence on the companions can either invite them, cause them to leave or rebel etc. Opening up even more side quests! And even more advanced having the companions based on your actions, react to everything thats going on.

Or is that too complex to handle? xD

Like Mission and Big Z are a pair, best friends for ever! But if you had greater influence with Big Z and dismissed Mission she would rebel and as a result her wookiee friend would kill her because his loyalty to you exceeds hers. Hell a companion who leaves you could end up becoming a major boss down the line that you may need to get help from other players to help you defeat them. Such as in keeping with this example, Mission escapes and rallies swoop gangs to protect her and brands you an enemy. Maybe you're groups objective is to track her down through the tunnels, and to make up for the PURE fact she is not a strong warrior, she is smart and has set traps for you everywhere and maybe to get pass her you have to defeat a rancor she has guarding her hideout, maybe she injects her self with the Rakghoul disease as a desperate act to simply defeat you etc...! WOW THIS IS FUN BRAINSTORMING IDEAS!

Join in! :D

Oram Thorne

Darth Nox // Dark Noble
Im still playing it on and off. I pay for it and play it for a few months, I stop playing and the payment lapses and I pick up playing a few months later. But when I get into it I actually like it and don't find it nearly as grindy as other MMO's out there. And I like the lore and the cinematics as opposed to the Walls of text on WOW...

I tried to enjoy TOR, I really, really did. I loved the stories in KotOR. TOR was supposed to have a good story. So, I went out, bought a copy, and played it for a few months. I had a Bounty Hunter, I got him to level 27 or something. Then... I just... Lost interest. The story wasn't worth the grinding. The graphics were so... bland.

Everything was just so mediocre....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom