Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do You Play SWTOR?

Scarface

Ned Stark's Bastard, Knows Nothing
If anyone plays on the Shadowlands server, I'm a lvl 44 Sith Jug. I'd love flashpoint/heroic teammates

Kvaut is the name

I still play it every once and a while (every other week depending on what happens the week before) and I have two characters on 'The Harbinger' one is a level 24 trooper another is a level 15 or 16 bounty hunter... And I play it for most of the time each of the three or four days I'm there. #mybrainsaremush but sometimes I don't play it for a few weeks.

(EDIT: if anyone is on that server my characters names are 'Travernroe' for the trooper (it stinks, I know) and the bounty hunter is 'Vendir' (was out of names)

I play it in bouts. I've played a lot of characters, and currently have a level 10 trooper, a 33 Knight, a 50 Warrior and a 53 Inquisitor. However, like I said, I play it in bouts, often started when I watch something Star-Warsy on youtube and then finished when all that grinding for minor, inconsequential missions just so that you can get up levels so you can beat that stupid class boss. That's what killed the game for me--not the dismal combat, not the limited gameplay, but the GRIND. It means that it's a long, hard slog so that you can have the privilege of experiencing the story. This could have been solved if they had just cut out some game time, half or even a quarter of the leveling requirements, so that the game didn't dissolve into minotoy through the entirety of acts I and II. Or, what if they'd made the combat interesting and not so repetitive? I mean, come on, why does EVERY MMO have to go with that damned system?

Button mashing is repetitive and mind-bogglingly boring. The most thinking you have to do is when you use an interrupt to stop an enemy from healing himself or using a power attack (I'm looking at you, Baras.) Why not have a more realistic, 1-hit-1-kill system? Now, I know what you're going to say. It would be too easy. But look at the Force Unleashed. The combat system was realistic, increasing immersion and also making you feel actually POWERFUL as you cut down your enemies in droves. Think there would have to be way too many enemies for the servers? Well, what if the same rule applied to you, and a single, well aimed blaster bolt could take you down? What if all those insignificant little weak enemies were really a threat and you have to constantly dodge, block and parry all while trying to kill them? You most certainly wouldn't need to add in more enemies if you did that. Gah, rant over. I'm just so frustrating with what they did with such a promising concept.

Oh I get what you are saying @[member="Assadar Ilrast"] I have to say there are really several competing thoughts fighting each other here.
1st is the "flaw" of level based game systems don't get me wrong they have their points ... as it arguably "simplifies" certain aspects of design, and gives you a noticeable way of scaling stuff, but at the end of the day, whats the difference between a piece of gear that gives a +1 bonus on a scale of 1-10 or a plus 10 on a scale of 1-100 ... nothing the only real difference is the scale of 1-100 allows more granular nuanced benefits.

its why I actually am becoming a fan in some ways of "level-less" game designs like gurps, d6 star wars, or the battletech rpg or "shadowrun"
the real advantage of a level less system is while there are differences between characters there is no advantage for having a char with a lot of "str/con" early vs late (other than they are more apt to survive the occasional hit to get more xp to get stronger) now granted there are issues as well, especially if you use a system where there isn't a lot of "significant" variation, but .... you can make arguments both ways...

I am on the Ebon Hawk Sever.

Level 55 Sith Sorcerer DPS (Malicedraclau) bwuahahahahahahaha I get to act out my char in a way.

Everyone join the Ebon Hawk with me. Or for those of you on the pvp servers how do you like it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom