Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Dax nodded silently and settled himself into his new chair. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He could feel something out there. Calling to him. The man opened his eyes and activated the atmospheric thrusters. Whatever it was, they'd find it.

The Azalea shook as it left the planet's atmosphere and with a flip of switch the ship switched to the main engines. "Blind jumps into hyperspace...great idea right?" he said sarcastically as he plotted a course, to where, only the Force knew. "Well, here goes nothing..." A push of the throttle, and the hyperdrive purred to life, the pinpricks of light around them becoming streaks and then a tunnel of light, they're journey begun.

[member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"], [member="Anya Loma"]

Sitting quietly, he fiddled with his ow light saber, spinning it in his palm as he stared out the window, his mind wandering. Whatever Dax was aiming form he would follow, or shoot at it. Depending on what it was.

Soon, his eyes closed, the dream realm stealing him, nothing positive coming from the encounter, just more heartache and tears.

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Hours passed by, where Dax sat in idle meditation. Something he rarely did these days. But he didn't want to disturb his friend. As he sat with his eyes closed, he could feel the call, whispers in his ear, guiding him.

The whispers slowly became more distinct, carried on the breeze which blew through the forest surrounding him. Whispers of hidden power, an ancient and dying people. Blood soaked into the earth, bodies littering the ground around him. Of who, he didn't know. A terrible strength flowed through him, feeding off the life energies left suspended in the aftermath of battle.

A crack of thunder shocked the man awake. A cold sweat had accumulated on his brow. Wiping it away he looked out of the viewport, the blue lights still zooming by, still in hyperspace. A dream or a vision?

[member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"], [member="Anya Loma"]

[member="Dax Fyre"]

She was idly reading a story to her child, she just finished and exited the room when her com beep, she took it as she listened and nodded, she looked back to the place her child slept and spoke back

I think I'll be going with you...i have a...lets say someone I should've listened to many years ago, that can take care of the child while I find my place, she'll be visiting soon

With that she sighed and moved back, she looked at her sleeping baby and gently brushed his cheek, he needed a better life then just moving around...better then hers....

After about a hour, anya went out as a small ship landed, she handed the child over to a woman as she looked at him, the two conversed before anya nodded, she leaned down and kissed his cheek before she watched him leave, it took all her power not to go to him, she turned away as she went back to the ship and sat in the hold before she broke down...was she any better? She had just let her own child go but...it was for his good....better he not have a dangerous life onboard the ship

She blared with dax and his friends though kept silent not wishing to speak as she went to her own place

Sorry I'm late folks!)

[member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"]

He remained still, eyes shut with even breathing. Not dreaming of anything particular, all he saw was nothingness, a black void surrounding him. None of it made sense, but it didn't bother him as he continued to rest, unaware of hit young friends companion and vision.

[member="Anya Loma"], [member="Dax Fyre"], [member="Yula Knezevic"]

Klesta

The King of Ergonomic Assessments
Yula would be sitting inside the cockpit of her craft, docked onboard a ship belonging to either [member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"] or [member="Dax Fyre"], knowing that she would not have enough fuel to finish the trip on her own. Especially not since she had Daisy load up the ammunition before she departed on this umpteenth trip to actually prove herself as a pilot, if only one to do strafing or bombing runs and that potentially could be used as a strategy to fight other Sith Lords. The primary weapons' magazine were filled with armor-piercing 20mm rounds as appropriate, while the ordnance was filled with bombs. But because Daisy was sleeping when the ordnance was loaded, she had no idea at this point what the ordnance was for. And, somehow, she could feel several dark-sided signatures, one that belonged to Nate, but there was something odd about [member="Anya Loma"]: while her Force-signature was much fainter than the other two, she seemed to be different from the other Sith she has known.

"My ammunition is loaded, my lightsabers are ready"

The Reaper of Won Shasot
The Azalea dropped out of hyperspace, the Revenant Dawn in tow behind her. Just as Dax had thought, the woman had married the Dawn to his own new ship. A thin smile pulled back the man's face. He was glad she'd joined him. Still, it was three more people than Dax had originally intended. The third being [member="Yula Knezevic"], whom was picked up just before the original jump. Dax had gotten the impression that the woman was Nate's new apprentice, although he still wasn't quite clear on the matter. Either way, four Forcers with Dark Side tendencies heading towards some Dark Side calling would certainly spell future trouble...

Before the two vessels sat a dim glowing orb, a unearthly blue mist illuminating it from behind. Some kind of distant gaseous nebula the man supposed. 'What planet was this?' the man wondered, as he leaned forward to check the charts...the galaxy chart showed emptiness. Nothing was supposed to be here...Dax nudged Nate's chair with his foot, attempting to wake him. Upon the man's awakening he gestured with his head out the viewport and the unknown planet. The planet itself seemed to call to the Rogue Master as he leaned forward to press the comm button, "Guys...I think we just discovered a new planet..."

[member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"]

Flaming eyes flipped open as his friend nudged him, gaze flicking to the view-port. The sphere looked deformed, cannons and huge cliffs being visible from their perspective.

Leaning forward, he pulled his hood down, running a planetary scan, a few clusters of bio-mass appearing, that meant people. Or something close to it at least.

Instantly recognizing his new padawan's voice, and her impatient tendency towards nuking things, he pressed the communicator, his even deeper voice due to just waking up sure to be heard. "Hold your horses kiddo, we don't know what's down there or what they have." Looking at Dax, he rolled his eyes jokingly, remembering his days as a padawan. "I learned the hard way; don't shoot unless you're sure they can't shoot back. Lesson number one."

[member="Dax Fyre"], [member="Yula Knezevic"], [member="Anya Loma"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
"Or better yet... just don't nuke 'em. You never know what unholy demons you'll unleash from the planet core." the Rogue chimed in. The man had heard far too many stories of Leviathan's being uncovered and subsequently devouring everything in its path. Such horror stories were the kind Dax endeavored to avoid. Besides...the hidden knowledge the planet could hold...knowledge only the four could potentially possess...the thought almost made Dax start to salivate.

The man took another scan, this time of the atmosphere. The readings showed a Type I atmosphere, safe for the four humans. A little higher in oxygen, but not enough to pose any problems. "Alright, I'm taking us down to the planet surface. Be prepared for anything...but let's avoid killing anything unless we have to. We're outnumbered down there." As Dax tilted the Azalea towards the planet below, he felt the call redouble in its intensity. The planet wanted him to land...very well.

In an almost trance like state, Dax guided the Razer Class Corvette to the western end of the mega continent, the hull rumbling and flareing up as it breached the outer atmosphere. As the flames subsided, cloud's surrounded them, visibility at zero. And then even that gave way, rain pelting the ship, lightning cracking, the vibration lowering in intensity only a notch. Fierce winds blew outside, the kind that threatened to pummel the metallic mass into the ground. But that didn't happen. An uncanny calmness overtook the man as guided the Azalea for a gentle landing at the edge of some cliffs, the ocean's waves crashing violently against the cliff walls.

Dax released his white-knuckled grip on the ship's controls. He hadn't even noticed his grip tightening...

[member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"], [member="Anya Loma"], [member="Yula Knezevic"]

[member="Dax Fyre"]

She watched the space revert, she gave a snile as she sat back against the chair, she adjusted a few controls and moved herself to the side of him as she saw...what...was that....

She listened through the comms as she nodded, it loiked...and felt...that cold feeling she couldn't help but remember it was...horrible yet...she had to fight past it lest her past keep her back

She listened in and checked everything her end as she followed...thr closer they got the more the feeling started becoming apparent...it was trying to seduce her yet again...like a nice ale the feeling licked and settled before rising again swelling

She threw the feeling off and landed beside the azalea, she sat back as she held her head to remain calm before she stood and waited for [member="Dax Fyre"] to tell her it was safe

[member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"] [member="Yula Knezevic"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
The Master stepped off his vessel onto the compact earth and took a deep breath. The air smelled faintly of the sea and pines. The wilds around him blew violently, throwing rain and stinging his face. Behind them, a ruined city lay, the walls of the homes and other building slowly falling apart. How they weren't blown away into dust by the wind was a miracle in and of itself. In the silence he stood, and waited. What had drawn him here? The longer he stood, the more he cane to understand. The Dark Side itself had manifested here..."All clear!"

[member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"], [member="Anya Loma"], [member="Yula Knezevic"]

Klesta

Now that the Azalea reverted back to realspace and landed on the planet, she began to feel that the other occupants of the ship were in there because they also feel the draw of the dark side. She kind of feels it, too... much like [member="Dax Fyre"], [member="Anya Loma"] and [member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"]. She realized that some people desperately want such-and-such title (and it was very common among the more adventurous Force-users, and certainly dark-siders) because it would somehow make them better or otherwise empower them in ways that would not be possible without the title itself, as if such a discretized achievement mattered for more than just bureaucratic or human resources processes. But how not to let her thoughts about how life as a knight vs an acolyte get the better of her was a more difficult task, as she gets ready to take off once the all clear signal is given, even though said all clear only covers a certain range beyond the Azalea. The only information she does know with some degree of certainty is that her Force-sensitivity will still be ignored in Commonwealth-land and that she can teach other dark-siders.

"I'll provide air cover, I'll be scouting around. If necessary I will even engage in strafing runs"

The Reaper of Won Shasot
"No strafing runs. Not unless ordered...I don't know you yet, so don't think I won't hesitate to plug your skull with a bullet or two." the Rogue warned, speaking into his comm. He doubted the strafing runs would be needed in the first place...but if it turned out that they did...well, they were all lightsaber wielders, caught in the middle of that kind of hellish hailstorm. Either she'd shoot them, or seriously piss off whoever lived here. Neither outcome was preferably.

Dax's eyes scanned the treeline, the great wind threatening to topple the tall trees. Among the swaying branches and swirling leaves, hints of movement, or rather the lack of it, was beginning to put Dax on edge. The shapes sat motionless until a crack lightning with which they disappeared as quickly as the sound of thunder. "Just stay on alert."

"No. Scouting ahead in any other situation would be ideal, but here it is not. We have no Intel whatsoever on anything or one here." Stepping out into the mist, the mans eyes scanned the treeline, the thunder illuminating his face. "I'd suggest landing and sticking with us for the time being, once we have a basic understanding of whats here you can go and fly around then."

His newly acquired golden mask looking even duller in the light as he donned it, pulling his hood back over his head, his voice coming out slightly altered. "Lesson number 2; the experienced know best."

Moving forward, almost in contrast to his own words, he began walking forward towards the trees, nonchalantly un-holstering his matching black pistol, it being the largest of the variant he had received.

He too had noticed the shapes in the shadows, and his helmet was set on inferred, but all that came up was black mist, not a reassuring sign. It was then he saw something that made him question what they were doing on the planet. "Dax.... Get over here."

[member="Dax Fyre"], [member="Yula Knezevic"], [member="Anya Loma"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
"I wonder what lesson number one was." the Master said sarcastically as he followed the taller man. He drew his own pistol, putting it into his left hand, a saber floating to his right. Hopefully he wouldn't need to use them, but know the pairs infamous luck, they'd be shooting their way across the planet in no time at all. Peering further into the forest, it was as if the unknown shapes had never existed. No trace of they're existence from what he could see. What had the bounty hunter discovered?At Nate's beckoning he quietly approached.

"Hush..." Holding up a hand, the taller man pointed to a arrangement of bones before them, a spine speared into the ground, a femur and a few ribs making a crescent shape, with a long and sharp skull in the middle, a crack running cleanly through it.

All splattered in blood.

Turning, the visors in his helmet would reflect the dim light, his telepathic link with the other man reawakening. Who or whatever liver her knows of us, and don't like the fact we're here. Go back and get the others and put up a perimeter of life-form scanners while I'm gone...

[member="Anya Loma"], [member="Yula Knezevic"], [member="Dax Fyre"]

Klesta

"All right, I will set up a perimeter of life-form scanners"

She then proceeds to set up a perimeter of life-form scanners, before following the group through the forest, but that's perhaps because she was bagging behind the other dark-siders. Then she holstered her two lightsabers so that she could later go follow [member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"], [member="Dax Fyre"] and [member="Anya Loma"] through the forest when they saw strange shapes, which turned out to be some recently-deceased person. Then again, she could sense that danger is afoot, but she had no idea of what that is, other than some entity that can use the dark side as well. Or sense dark-siders. She then used her telepathic communications to the rest of the group: Use the Force only as sparingly as possible: I have the feeling that this something may be disturbed if we use the Force too intensively, and that's not what we want either, she thought.

The Reaper of Won Shasot
The grisly collection of bones and blood upon the ground confirmed two things, besides the fact that they were not welcome here, just as Nate had just...thought. Whoever lived here was definitely not a light sider, and second they were here recently...the blood was still fresh. Suddenly the Rogue had the keen sense of being watched, as if predators, attracted to the scent of spilt blood, stalked their prey.

Not nearly as adept at telepathy as either of the other two Forcers, Dax sent an affirmative 'feeling'. As Yula set up the life-form scanners, Dax nodded to Nate. Move on....carefully. The pair moved quietly, not all to quickly. By the time that Yula arrived at the 'warning' the pair were still well within sight, only the trees to obscure her vision. A bright flash of light, a mechanical roar as Dax's saber ignited, instinctively bringing the orange blade up to deflect the blaster bolt. A hail of blaster bolts screamed towards them all. Whoever was coming after them were certainly the better hunters as it seemed.

[member="Dax Fyre"] [member="Yula Knezevic"] [member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"]

She left her ship, she looked around carefully feeling the rain hit her skin and the wind blow her hair, she kept her saber close as she took gentle steps forward, she looked around watching the two walk away, she assured in putting the sensors up them looked off into the distance, she shivered...this planet felt so vile....like it was trying to drag her straight to the dark again that pit she oh so wouldn't to escape and leave behind forever

She sat down as she meditated, she needed to find a way to calm herself, she thought to her child waiting for her when she got back, she sighed before she was suddebly up and blocked a blaster shot before watching a hail of them coming

WHAT THE FRACK IS GOING ON

She yelled out as her saber moved quickly blocking each blaster, those she couldn't she spun out of the way as she moved forward slowly

Klesta

Yula drew her two black lightsabers, in an attempt to deflect the blaster bolts left and right. Sure these blaster bolts may not always go where they want, but that's perhaps a function of the blasters being used at such short ranges and the need to be mindful of two lightsabers when bolts are fired in every direction. For this reason, she had to be careful not to send the bolts flying onto [member="Anya Loma"], much less [member="Dax Fyre"] or [member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"]. Also, she had to use the Force at times just to be able to jump out of the way of the blaster bolts. And yet the volume of blaster fire being fired in the direction of the party would imply that either repeaters are in use or they are surrounded and outnumbered; if both were the case, the poodoo will hit the fan soon enough. In mid-air, however, she turns invisible out of fear of being discovered, and lands a few meters away from the group, amid dense foliage behind which some of the attackers aimed at the other dark-siders. I'm right behind the attackers, she thought, hoping that a few of them would try to react from the sudden appearance of the dark-sider that became visible again behind them. Hopefully my diversion will help us fight the hunters off...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom