Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night

The Reaper of Won Shasot
"Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,
Do not go gentle into that good night."
-Dylan Thomas
endor_satellites_by_datem-da3q71y.jpg
The Dawn lay slumbering on the dull grey metal of Bay 66 on Endor. The fact that there was no roof, not to mention walls, was a little bizarre by way of architecture. More than likely there was some sort of energy field that kicked in if it began to rain. Even still, Dax stood upon the platform, the breeze bringing the heavy earthen smell of the thick forests floating up into his nose. He awaited the arrival of his two closest friends. Dax wasn't sure what they're business was. But it had been a long time since he'd seen either one. And it would be a longer time still before he saw them next.

Things had changed in the past several year. No longer the naive Padawan. Now a Master, despite his youth. It felt an undeserved title. What was worse was that he'd failed. The one thing he'd swore to control he'd let loose. And on more than one occasion. And perhaps the one time he should've uncaged the monster which lay in the dark he hadn't. A nearly fatal mistake. There was a long road ahead of him.

[member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"], [member="Kimiko"]

It would be an understatement to say her friend had quite a surprise waiting for him. The woman was gifting Dax one of her captured corvettes, specifically the one her companion had previously captained. That same companion now accompanied Ki as they walked together to the designated meeting place, along with Tsubasa. The younger girl skipped merrily alongside.

The orange-haired commander looked a bit down, prompting Ki to question her,"Chika, what's the matter?" this caught the attention of their younger audience.

Kimiko already knew, but she had to ask regardless, and Chika knew she meant well, shaking her head,"Just reminiscing about the old times Ki. I know she's going to a good owner if you trust him." she flashed an assuring smile.

Kimiko felt bad her friend, giving away a vessel she knew as a second home. She then thought of a way to cheer up her friend...and immediately preceded to pounce on the other woman, earning herself a shriek as they crumbled to the ground in a heap.

Ki pressed and rubbed her cheek against Chika's, giggling as she did,"I do trust him! And this means you can stay on the Cyaron with the rest of us! Doesn't that sound like a good idea Tsubasa?" they both looked at the girl, who couldn't help but laugh at their antics.

"Mama, Auntie Chika already lives with us!" the girl's answer caused the two older women to look at one another before bursting out with their own laughter.

After several minutes, they continued their trip, and it was Tsubasa who spotted Dax first,"Mama, there he is! Mr. Fyre! MR. FYRE! We're here!" she broke off from her guardians and ran at the man with a bright smile.

[member="Dax Fyre"] / [member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Dax smiled as he saw two woman and a little girl approach him. His smile broadened as the young girl began to call his name and run towards him. The Master bent down and opened his arms to recieve the energetic girl, grunting as he caught her and scooped her into the air, "Tsubasa! How have you been darling?"

He smiled at the two other women, one of which he'd only seen in passing. Despite that he nodded to both them. "How about you Ki? Little one not causing too much trouble I hope?" he chided. Turning to the second woman, "Name's Dax." he said, inteoducing himself, "And you are?"

[member="Kimiko"], [member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"]

It was unlikely either of his friends knew he was already inside Hanger 66, sitting on balcony overlooking the platforms below, The Dawn standing in it's own certain way of beauty, but nothing in his mind anything like The Heavens Bane.

Burning eyes watched the two women and child from under his hood, his chin resting on his clasped hands as he sat forward. His flaming gaze followed Tsubasa, the small girl jumping into Dax's open arms, Ki soon to follow. The other woman was familiar, and he had heard brief telling of her. That was, before Ki broke down, first a crying mess before hardening and slapping him.

However, this time being different; he couldn't get over the fact. Not only had he brought her to tears, he also made her snap. Both were disturbing concepts to him, contemplation only bring more heartache.

Rising, his cloak swirled around him as he strode back into the upper level of the hanger. Silver blast doors slide open with a hiss before him, fog and mist billowing around him. Black on black on black, his infamous fatigues and boots a common sight on his "trips", his cloak and V-neck always matching. He stopped a few feet behind Dax, watching his friend, not looking anywhere else as he was somewhat fearful of what else he'd see.

[member="Dax Fyre"], [member="Kimiko"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
The kind goings were suddenly broken, a new presence, perhaps malevolent suddenly manifested itself. Dax turned around while trying to cover Tsubasa's own body with his, drawing his slugthrower and pointing it at the newcomer. A fraction of a second before pulling the trigger Dax recognized who's eyes burnt beneath the dark hood. "Blast it all Nate! Don't do that ch-" he cut himself off as he lowered his slugthrower, Tsubasa's presence willing him not to shout expletives at the man...downright creepy when he did that. "One day, I really am gonna shoot you, ya know that?"

The older of the oncoming trio smiled fondly at the young girl's antics. She had taken a liking to the man as he had been the one to get her off of Mykyr on that fateful day, and she would forever be in his debt.

Tsubasa was more than happy to shower Dax with affection as she hugged him,"I have been just dandy Dax! How have you been?" her bright green eyes sparkled with admiration.

The two women returned the nod in kind, with Ki flashing a bright smile,"Just fine Dax. Tsubasa is always a darling and the little little one is just beginning to cause some discomfort...but I persevere. How have you been?" the white-haired woman placed her hand gently on her stomach beneath her brand new Imperial robes to make her point clear.

Chika, who was addressed next, bowed politely with a kind smile before responding,"An honor Dax, I have heard much about you from our friend here." she playfully gestured to a now blushing Kimiko,"I am former Commander Chika Tikami, and you are the one receiving my former ship I presume?" she tried to say without much malice as she stood in her crisp naval uniform.

Before their little meeting could continue, they were interrupted by the appearance of Nate. Immediately Ki became defensive, still hurting over their last meeting on this very planet. She refused to look at him directly, though her heart ached for for him. Chika looked at the man coldly, sensing the air between him and her close friend. But Tsubasa instantly broke away from Dax and launched herself at him, tears in her eyes.

"P-Papa, I missed you!"

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Dax smiled as the girl leapt to her father. 'Guess its been a long time since she'd seen him...' he thought. Came with the territory he supposed. He turned to let the man and his daughter have their moments and listened to his friend and her friend. One thing, however, jumped out at him in what they said, and surprised him. He was receiving a ship? It had been said as casually as giving someone a cup of water...

The man looked the woman squarely in the eyes, a scrutinizing look on his face, "Are you two pulling a prank on me or something?" he asked skeptically.

Tsubasa, Nate, and Ki were in their own little world...

Chika and Dax continued...

"You did hear me correctly, Mr. Fyre, our friend here has felt it to donate the excess ships she owns. You happen to be high on her list, and she thinks rather fondly of you, so, she talked me into it, and well, here we are." the orange-haired woman offered a small smile to the man before her eyes drifted back to Ki, making sure she was fairing well.

[member="Dax Fyre"]

Soon, he felt Chika's gaze bore into him, to which he returned the cold stare, not fearful of looking at her, however, the woman next to him he was. Pulling his hood back, the wind would blow through his hair. Not looking at Dax, he replied softly, waving a hand dismissively. "Next time... just do it."

It was then he finally looked away, gaze skipping over Ki out of fear, to land on Tsubasa, her cry making his heart wrench. Not in a bad way, just in the way to raise a few flags in the bag of mind, all loving feelings of attachment. Instantly kneeling down, he opened his arms, wrapping her up and pulling her up as he stood, feeling her bury her head into his shoulder, crying softly. "Hello my dear," closing his eyes momentarily as he rested his head against hers. "Have you been... behaving for Momma?" Smiling faintly he pulled her onto his shoulders, her legs dangling over, kicking at his chest occasionally.

Still refusing to make eye contact with Ki, but he sat atop a few crates, looking up at the young girl above him. He knew he looked ridiculous, but he didn't care, as long as the young girl was happy.

[member="Kimiko"], [member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
"Aaaand you're alright with this?" Dax asked the naval officer. He knew how difficult leaving a ship was. Probably akin to losing an arm if he had to guess. Or a home. That's what a ship was to some.

The man glanced over at the other three. The tension was so thick Dax was certain he'd need a butter knife to cut through it. Whatever was going on between them was certainly none of his business.

The commander took a closer spot beside Dax, continuing their discussions while watching her charge and the woman's daughter,"Believe it or not, I am fine with this arrangement, wholeheartedly. I do love the vessel, she was my first real command, but, the Cyaron is home now. Along with Ki, and Tsubasa, and the rest of the crew, it just feels right." she smiles fondly as her crimson eyes looked up at the Rogue,"Besides, someone very near and dear to my heart is with us. You know what they say..." she resumes looking at the other trio,"The home is where the heart is..."

The scene had actually pulled on the white-haired woman's heart strings. Regardless of her feelings, she stepped closer to the two with the warmest of expressions on her face as she could muster.

She started softly,"So this is the trip you told me of. I guess it is a good thing I am giving Dax the Azalea. He needed an upgrade, and I know you two will be safe with her." her hand reached up slowly, towards his,"Besides, I wanted you to feel him before you departed Nate."

Fiery faze switched from Dax to Chika, before turning upon hearing her voice draw closer. Having pulled Tsubasa down onto his lap, one hand was free, this being the hand she brushed up against. Every muscle tensed upon contact, mostly involuntarily. Slowly relaxing, he spoke softly, avoiding meeting her eyes.

"... Yes. I planned on using my own ship but-" His eyes flickered before averting from the ground to meet hers, their fingers touching. "I... I didn't think..." Lost for words, he sighed, bouncing his knee, his daughter giggling. "I didn't think you wanted to see me..."

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Dax nodded as Chika spoke, "Yeah...thats what they say..." he murmured quietly, barely loud enough for the naval officer to hear. A sort of a melancholy had fallen over the man as he watched the three. A happiness and sadness. It was an odd thing those three had. Knowing that no matter how far apart they became, they'd die for each other. "You got someone waiting for you I suppose?" he asked, turning back to Chika.

His words hurt, but she persisted. Her fingers slowly interlaced with his and guided him towards her stomach,"Of course I wanted too see you Nate. You have been busy. I didn't want to distract you." her face softened as their hands came to a rest over the now forming bump of her stomach,"I'm not going to stop either of you from doing this. Just please come back. For him, and Tsubasa, and me."

She looked at her small family with admiration. Her baby blue irises met Nate's burning ones, and a subtle, yet powerful message was passed in the gaze.

She smiled sincerely for the first time in a long time,"Tsubasa dear, give Papa a big hug and a kiss. He's going on a trip with Uncle Dax for a bit."

The girl pouted at the fact, obvious upset over her adoptive father leaving once more,"I can't wait to hear about your trip! Please be safe and return to us." she giddily did as told and embraced the man dearly before placing a soft peck on his cheek, before returning to Ki's side.

No matter what happened, things would always work out for the little family.

"I do, Dax, and she is a hell of a woman." the naval officer smirked before stepping forward,"Come, it seems as though our dysfunctional family has made amends. I want to leave before I change my mind on giving you my ship." the orange-haired woman jabbed playfully.

His heart lurched as their fingers intertwined, feeling the small and fragile life within her. "Distract me? Probably would've saved a lot of heart ache." Looking up at her as she spoke the last few words, the flames in his eyes flickered before dying down. "...I will, trust me."

Wrapping his arms around the young girl tightly, he stood, hesitantly stepping forward doing the same to her, pulling her close, her familiar, calming scent washing over him.

Stepping back, he held onto her hand for a bit longer, finally releasing as Chika spoke. "Yes.... it seems all is in order... You ready Dax?"

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Dax gave the naval officer a crooked smile, "Ey, thats not nice." he said to her. he looked over at the little family as they said their good byes, smile still on his face. They were happy, if only a little. He nodded at Nate's words, he was ready. "I'll make sure he doesn't fly into a star or something." he promised Ki. They'd watch out for each other just as they always had. Hell, at first Dax had to fight Nate on coming. The Rogue had wanted to carry this venture on his own. But his friend insisted, and eventually, the stubborn Master had relented.

She held back tears as best she could watching the two prepare for departure.

Chika had peacefully passed ownership of the Azalea onto Dax. What he named it was completely on him.

Ki had sent Chika back with her daughter, she had to stay. She had to bid these two farewell.

She stood there, arms crossed, at the foot of the boarding ramp, looking up at them with hazy eyes.

It happened like a scene out of a sappy romance movie...

She dashed up the ramp before the two men could disappear into the bowels of the vessel. The woman threw her arms around the both of them, tears flowing down her cheeks,"Please take care of each other out there. I don't know what I'd do if either of you were injured or worse." she stopped to place a a soft kiss on both of their cheeks before stepping back slowly,"I love you both, and I'll be waiting for both of you to return."

Kimiko turned her back and retreated back down the ramp, keeping her back turned before running off back to the Lily White...

This was going to be a long trip...

His steps stopped as she plowed into them, crying profusely, her words not meeting his ears, as he just looked over his shoulder at her, his heart screaming at him to do something, but his body refused to move.

As soon as he manged to move his limbs, she took off, his hand coming up, staying there as he watched his lover disappear. Sighing, he was visibly torn apart, but he wouldn't speak of it.

"C'mon Dax. Lets go already."

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Dax turned as the sound of rapid foot steps approached, only glimpsing the white-maned woman as she threw herself over the two men. Dax wrapped an arm around her in return as she began to cry. Dax nodded as she parted and watched her descend the ramp, only turning at Nate's word. The man pulled a communicator from his pocket and activated it, "Hey, Anya...I uh...kinda got a new ship...if you still wanna tag along you can. But the Dawn's yours now. If you wanna go, I understand." With the message sent he turned to his friend as they approached the bridge, "You don't have to come man. I know you'd rather stay with Ki and Tsubasa."

[member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"], [member="Anya Loma"]

Shaking his head, he pushed on, a signal that he wasn't leaving. Pulling his cloak from around him he flung himself into the co-pilot chair, waiting for his younger friend.

"No, let's go. I'm not staying and causing anymore trouble."

[member="Dax Fyre"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom