Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Divine Restoration - Dominion of Manpha [Moross]

Teagan was on the comm frequency now, taking the report from the Captain out in the swamp. Things were not going well. The warriors were being overrun by what had now been deemed not just a minor pack of sithspawn, but an all out infestation.

They're coming out of the ground, the Captain told Teagan over the static relay, there's just too many of them.

Frowning, Teagan glanced back to her charge, but Inari was far too immersed in meditation to be disrupted. She didn't know what the Aesir was attempting, but she felt that pulling her from those efforts would likely do more harm than good. So that left her with a crew of warriors and a hall full of Medics and Healers - hardly anyone who should be entrusted to make any rash decisions.

"Pull back to the settlement and take cover in the buildings. Do what you must to keep them out," she felt her heart racing, was she really doing this? "I'll send a request to The Countess for backup. May Salee watch over you."

~~~~~~

I know you wish to help...

A curious sensation would strike Evelynn: a drip of ephemeral cold upon her scalp that slowly poured downwards across the flesh beneath her hair - as though someone had cracked an egg over her head and emptied the contents. It was intangible, unexplainable, a bit like the feeling one gets when they are certain they'd seen a ghost. Only this was no vision, it was a voice in her head, something the girl would be entirely familiar with knowing her history with the Shamalain family line.

...join me at the center and I will show you how you can.

There was a glint of red from the jeweled ring the Goddess wore on her right hand at the faint tremor of her fingers over her knees. Beneath her mask drops of sweat rolled down her temples and within her body she could feel the beginning ebb of pain that she now focused on sifting from the populace.

Evelynn

E
I'm super grossed out by this metaphorical egg cracking, like, I'm sitting here and I'm feeling a cold splodge on the top of my noggin and it's not on, young madam. I'm going to have to have a sit down and talk with your parents, that egg could have been in a metaphorical omelette, oh god this shtick is going to far, I have to stop.

Immediately the girl stood up and blinked, Chomp responded in kind with a head tilt, no, the Hound obviously wasn't joining in on telepathic fun time, he was simply perplexed that the cuddle had stopped.

Louise (yes, Louise) panicked. Initially when I read 'join me at the center' my mind floated to some ethereal location within the force, you know? When you find inner-balance you find your centre, and I could see it being a location within the force, a place for the truly neutral to thrive. I'm going to patent The Centre now because after worrying about it for over half an hour I realised that you probably just meant the centre of the room.

The art of over-analysis.

The young girl smiled at Chomp, who lay down in response, the creature was almost getting too clever for his own good. In a gingerly fashion Evelynn approached the centre of the room and with it the meditating woman, as per usual she was incredibly nervous in how she held herself around strangers but taking the plunge she sat down opposite the red-head.

“Show me, please,” the mouse almost whispered.

BUT WHAT IF YOU MEANT THE CENTRE OF THE FORCE?! IS THAT A THING?!

@[member="Amorella Mae"]

"Crusader Jarhn to Countess, we require backup. Requesting two drop ships of Sword and Shield. Sending coordinates, do you copy?"

"We copy you Crusader Jarhn, two drop ships inbound. ETA ten minutes."

Teagan sighed as she switched the channel of her comm, moving to peer out a crudely fashioned duraglass window. The silhouettes in the swamps were larger, beastly in stature and far more numerous - a troubling sign. "Captain give me a status report."

"We've pulled back, several casualties. We need help out here Crusader."

"Countess is sending two drop ships, can you hold out for another ten minutes?" Static replied to her and she frowned, "Captain?"

Not good.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Close your eyes. Clear your mind, the voice of the Goddess replied to her thoughts.

It all seemed so simple when directed in such a way. Amore had never taken an Apprentice nor had she ever mentored anyone in the ways of meditation. Yet the woman had an abnormally high proficiency in the skill, having been tutored on it by her parents from a young age. It was one of the few things in her Force schooling she'd really taken to. Battle Meditation was something she'd practiced on Kuat while sitting in the background of royal addresses, Her Majesty the Queen of Kuat, during times of flux and change. The aim had been simple: seek out negativity and influence it towards the opposite; empower the supporters with the energy of faith. It was an effective tool that the Queen herself had employed during her rise to power.

Now it would be a tool in her own rise to power. Not that one could go any higher than divinity, but Amore had her own challenges and demons to face.

Picture in your mind yourself standing outside the community hall. Quiet and alone. The entrance is before you: open the door and walk through.

In her own mind Inari had already established the construct of her mental stage. She was in that empty hall and, as Evenlynn would come to experience in her own, would be standing there at the center awaiting the young girl. The telepathic connection had been made and they walked now on a different plain of subconscious, ever so much closer now to the Force.

The empty hall rippled around them, as though they were seeing it through a haze of water. Evelynn would feel the vibrations of energy as she neared Inari in her meditative vision, and soon pale lights began to form around her. Faint orbs of blue and green marked the presence of Healers and Medics and their help. Red flashes marked those of the ailing Shawda-Ubb. Should Evelynn look behind her, she would spy the strong pulsing light of her hound.

We are surrounded by the energy of the galaxy, Inari began, motioning to the lights, what is known as the Force. What you must come to understand is that these energies can be altered, influenced, and manipulated by those of stronger residual power. You are that stronger power. When you focus, your intent and your own energy can be used to change these things.

(@[member="Zoey Marix"]. I'm going to post ahead without you, you can catch up :) )
Soliael watched in delight as he moved through the thick grove, the tree's trying to grab and claw at him to no avail. This was absolutely amazing. The tree's seemed to be living sentient beings that wanted energy above all. He looked around and grabbed a fragmented sample of one of the tree's he had destroyed, he pocketed the small piece of wood and then looked around.

Whatever had twisted these tree's was born of the darkside of the force. This wildlife had been mutilated and changed by whatever Darkness was hidden within the grove. The Sithspawn Zoey and him had slain earlier was only the start. This entire swamp had been changed and shifted, turned into something else. Soliael wondered what could have done something like this, what could have forced an entire eco-system to change.

He frowned, whatever it was. He wanted it.

(Thats perfectly fine. :) )

I could continue to hear the thwacks and the thumps of rocks hitting the trees. Each time I tried to grab a piece that was larger than its brother before. Soon I was picking up some of the rocks that were the size of my head. Though, I was more so pressed to do so. Knowing that this was my limit on it so far, I didn't feel like pushing it when my powers could be used elsewhere. With the slightly bent blade in my hand, I realized that there was probably no use for it now. With the energy pack off, If I were to turn it on, it may shake my hand in just the wrong way and injure myself, or even the God, but I doubted that. I grabbed it with both hand in an upside down grip and slammed it in the ground a good seven centimeters. If people were to follow us, they would know that we had been here, ether by the vibrosword sticking from the ground, or the large break in the trees.

With the words of staying back, I drew my beskad. I knew how to use it effectively, but I could be better with the sword. I watched as the trees seemed to lust after the lord. Lusting after the power that clearly radiated from him. After the call to follow him, I did so. With the sword, almost dragging the ground. I changed my grip on the beskad to where the blade was held once more upside down and back to my side to avoid getting it caught on branches. Oh only if I could make a saber soon so I wouldn't have to be forced to carry a heavy sword. Still, I followed after the God into the grove of trees that seemed to grow darker the more steps I took.

If this was made by the same thing as the Sithspawn, I knew that the God wanted it. One thing to make a person more happy, was to have more power, while it was still hidden from the rest of the Galaxy, because The best hidden secrets, are the ones hidden in plain sight. "I am not to test your knowledge Neth, but if this was made by the same thing as the sith spawn, then could it be possible, that if we do find this..... thing, that we could use it to create an army of our own, and fortresses that can absorb the force?" If we were to find what this entity was, if we were to convince it, or use it in those ways, It could be very well used to replace men on the ground, and some of the buildings that housed them, or even ships that are enhanced way beyond what may have been thought of years ago.

@[member="Soliael Devin Talith"]

Soliael turned to the girl, she was smart. He smiled beneath his mask, he of course already planned on replicating whatever it was that made these tree's in fact he planned on making it better. With a sample of the bark from the tree and a few of its...innards he could later establish what made them tick. If they could find the source of this creation...well that would be even better. He turned to her as he reached the edge of the destroyed part of the grove, more normal swamplands now exten
ding before them.
The vines and the branches of the tree's seemed to squirm and move as Soliael approached, as if they could sense the darkside. “That is my thinking as well, Child.”

He smiled. He could now feel the darkside extending from within the swamps. He could feel the energy of whatever had created the Sithspawn, the foul stench of them reeked throughout the swamps. The nest was close, so very close.

“Not far now.” Soliael said as he turned and regarded the swamps before them.

We continued to walk on. Getting ever so further in the grove. Only to come out to another portion of the swamp. It was as though the trees were an outer shell of what was inside. Speaking to me, Neth had confirmed what I had thought. Still even as the muck of the swam behind him continued to expand beyond what my vision could ever best, I could slowly feel a finger prod my mind, made of the dark side of the force, I knew that we were getting closer. I didn't need the God of Knowledge to tell me so.

As the god turned to the swamps once more, I only wondered. Was the black fortress of trees made to prohibit others from entering, Or keeping something from leaving?

Trudging through the swamps, waist deep in sludgy water, A280 blaster rifle and Bolter in either of her hands, held high above her head to avoid water damage. As she carefully picked her way through this deeper-water portion of the swamp, Dells wondered what the hell they had gotten into. The Rebels had been called upon to help rid the swamp full of nasty Sith beasts. Normally...not their thing...especially when the call for assistance had come from Moross Crusade. Delila didn't have much against them -- thought of them as a pack of crazy religious fanatics, so there was little basis for her to say no.

Look where that got me.

"Rebel Alliance. Overtaking backwater swamps since 836 ABY." Delila muttered, stopping to peer into the trees for any sign of snapped branches or the like. This exercise was relying on her old SpecForce skills. Which Delila had come to find out were sorely rusty. Too much time spent in the glittering Protectorate towers on Fondor or in capital ships, chasing down Reavers!

@[member="Delila Castillon"]'s swampy wake sloshed around his shins. "Rubber boots. Standard rebel gear since Skywalker crashed on Dagobah. Remind me what kind of nastiness we're supposed to be handling? Sithspawn, yeah?" He cracked his Mandalorian shell gun and selected two eight-gauge rounds from his belt. One could never go wrong with incendiary and concussion. The ancient beskar shotgun snicked back together, and he tucked the metal stock under his arm.

"Not gonna lie, General, I have no particular love for these Moross jokers. Insofar as I'm a religious man, I'm old Corellian gods all the way -- not the most demanding gods around, for good or ill. But this was a slick deal on your part. As far as backwater boltholes within striking range of the Feds, this is as good as Black Sun, minus the inconvenience of having Halcyon's neocon imperialism lodged in the collective orifices of the host government. Poor fething Nar Shaddaa."

Soliael moved through the swamps with what some might consider grace. His foot never once touched the swampy muck or water, instead he bounded form thick root to thick root avoiding any of the mess below. It was not that he didn't want to get dirty, it was simply that this was a faster way of going through the swamp. He frowned slightly as he landed on the root of a large tree, vines hung from it and clung to its bark.

The False god absently placed a palm on the tree, leaning against and and waiting for Zoey to catch up with him.

As soon as he placed his hand on the bark some of the vines began to twist and constrict slightly. They crept towards Soliaels hand. One of the thick green vines struck out and attempted to wrap itself around the Sith's wrists, constricting like a Boa. Soliaels eyes popped open in shock and immediately he withdrew his arm, jumping back only to be stopped by the pull of the vine.

He let out a growl, and then released a massive burst of force lightning through his arm. The vine almost immediately shriveled and died, releasing the Sith from its grasp. Soliael bounded back, staring at the tree's.

As he watched, the Jungle itself seemed to come alive. A low whistling noise calling out.

Evelynn

E
I was born literal-minded.

Beauty. I can comprehend it, I can take it apart and see how it works but I can't conjure it, I can't conquer it. The beauty of words is a subject I can only understand, appreciate and marvel at. Ask me to do the same and I will falter. I will hit the first hurdle in my path and I will fall, graze those metaphorical knees and go home the loser. I am not beautiful, I am literal, I am funny, I am ugly.

I'm also terrible at maths.

Sweet Evelynn, so far from proper comprehension would follow instructions, compliant as always. She would shut her eyes and try to clear that slate of insecurities and fears. Not the most simple of tasks, as a person she was hesitant, the very picture of apprehension A mind full of what if, what if, what if. You're not good enough. When she woke up in the morning, when she ate her dinner, when she lay in bed staring at the ceiling.

What. If.

You can't be the foundation of strength if you're always ready to crumble.

Stop thinking. Just stop. For the sake of us all.

The obstacle of being human. It was one she would have to overcome. It would never be easy. In a galaxy filled to the brim with heroic idols and unbeatable sinners. She was just a girl with a Kath Hound. What could she do?

Stop. Mind serene. Calm. Breathe. Just follow the instructions.

She was there. Outside the hall. The chaos from before was gone, the world around her celestial, trip the light fantastic. On a basic level it was pretty understandable. Auras. Usually they came in three different colour schemes. White was obviously neutral. The cool zone belonged to the allies, blues and greens, tranquil allied city. Of course then there was Mordor, the colours of heat, reds, purples, oranges, colour-coded for your delight. It always strange how the colours of darkness were so bright.

Evelynn couldn't deny that she was there in the ethereal world of the Force but still she was scared, hesitance.

What if I'm not strong enough?

With the moving of the God across the swamp, I smiled. Following his own movements exactly, I bound after him as he waited. Landing on a branch lower than him, yet a good 3 meters away, I stopped to see that he had used blue lightning at something around his arm. I watched him, and that was my mistake. Something lashed out at my left leg, Looking to it, I could see the dark green vine grabbing hold. It started to pull at me, flicking my blade around, I sliced through the vine with ease.

Not wasting any time, I jumped up to meet him when a larger vine lashed out and grabbed around my waist. "Feth!' It scared me as it constricted around my hips. Placing my left hand on the vine, I followed suit and let a shock of lightning hit the vine. Shrivling up, I moved my self out of the dead thing and swung from it to the branch that Neth stood upon. "We have to move fast and careful if we keep getting grabbed by these."

@[member="Jorus Merrill"], @[member="Delila Castillon"]

Moira made her way through the swampy mass, taking point and moving in what might be thought of as a graceful manner, seemingly unhindered by the mud and the deep water as she moved swiftly. Her Mark One boltgun was gripped in one hand, a missile launcher was strapped around her back. The irony of aiding what seemed to be religious zealots was not lost on her, considering a significant portion of her time in the Protectorate had been spent fighting and breaking the Bando Gora. But then she had been born on a cultist planet in the grip of the Dark Ages, back when she had been human.

"Strategically a useful position for us. Especially since our former...benefactor is faltering," she commented impassively. She had been inclined to say heading for the pyre. As for the Republic's 'police action', far as she was concerned the ultimatum to the Black Sun had been designed in such a manner that the Vigo would be compelled to refuse and take action, thereby providing a justification for 'direct intervention' to 'restore freedom'. Why did she think that? Because it was what she would have done. Along with perhaps spreading stories of superweapons being constructed. Those were always good for the holo-media.

"The pendulum has swung back for the Republic. The good old, manifest destiny days of Cato Neimoidia. I welcome the end of peace for our time. The...power grab on Nar Shaddaa might yield a new recruitment ground for the Rebellion."

As a killer droid Moira totally endorsed imperialism, the general inertia and peacefulness of the Galaxy disgusted her. Organics were dim and crude, but normally one could count on them slaughtering each other. It was unfortunate that Velok was gone. He could be counted on to shake things up, by say vaporising a planet. Of course...in the long term the Age of Steel would have required his processing, but that was for the future. She moved cautiously, eyes alert, scanning the vast swamp before them, a predator on the prowl, designed for murder.

The forest was entrapping. There was no other way to put it. The Swamp sought to end them all, sought to bind the world of Manpha and subject it. He wondered how long this had been going on, if whatever Sith or ancient artifact that was doing this had been here for a long time or only a short time. He pondered for a few minutes, taking careful measure not to touch any of the vines. The low whistle of the tree's seemed to become louder, and the noises of the swamp itself grew dimmer and dimmer.

It was as if the corruption spreading through the swamp had grown alive, and it was calling to something.

Soliaels stomach turned, he had a bad feeling about this. He looked at Zoey, and simply nodded to her. The girl was right, they had to move fast. With a burst of speed Soliael launched himself from the branch, beginning to bound form branch to branch once again.

In the corner of his eyes he could see movements, sithspawn.
@[member="Zoey Marix"]

[SIZE=9.5pt]The first two Sithspawn died instantly from having lightsabers forcefully injected into their foreheads. The light from said blades dimly illuminated Vascious and the creatures that were dead at his sides. Behind him his five soldiers were sending blaster bolt after blaster bolt into the room. The pitch black cavern lit up like a strobe light from the constant energy fire.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9.5pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=9.5pt]More beasts emerged from the murky water to find quick ends as the old man moved gracefully through lightsaber forms and stances. Each movement of his blades resulted in a turn of his body as he practically spun to propel the creatures from every direction. Adrenalin seemed to slow time to expand what was truly only moments of time. Shortly after Vascious found himself at the end of the underground chamber they had been ambushed in. All around him rested the results of their carnage. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9.5pt]The soldiers followed reluctantly deeper after him. Even the hardest man would look uncertainly into the depths of water that couldn't be seen through. The Lord Crusader could no longer feel the faint presence of the creatures anymore. They had been dispatched, but he knew there were going to be more further into the network of tunnels.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9.5pt][/SIZE]

Yet it wasn't the thought of the dangers beyond that stopped Relens from proceeding deeper into the Sithspawn's den. It was all the radio chatter he could hear via the commlink in his helmet. The old man focused his mind and projected his thoughts to his niece. She held down another settlement several miles away. The journey would no doubt take him at least half an hour, but he'd make it if she felt that she was in danger.

"Do you wish for me to return to you?"

@[member="Amorella Mae"]

As soon as Neth had jumped, I did as well. Jumping back and forth on different trees, and never going in a straight line. The wine of the trees, evident in my ears. Only to see that to the side of the god, were more sithspawn. Being behind the god had its benefits. I don't know if he saw the pack, but with my position I could see a few of them moving as fast as we were. To slow and we would get caught with the branches, to fast and we would be slamming into trees with the sithspawn. Oh what a day this was coming to be.

They moved closer to us. getting into the area that we were at. The slowed down to precisely hit the large tree branches behind me. and now they were after us. The only ones that I saw come over were about five, but I knew there were more. Somewhere hiding in waiting for us.

You are very strong, Inari answered and her Force vision extended a hand for Evelynn to take, perhaps you just don't know it yet.

When their hands connected it was an odd sensation - like trying to grasp water or clouds and somehow accomplishing it. A sudden coolness spread on a surge of power and Evelynn would find herself locked into the vision, a clarity of the energies around her slowly dawning upon her senses, as though the Goddess had gifted her the ability to sense them, see them clearly.

Do you feel them now, those dark flashes of pain and suffering? They are many and they are strong, but with your help we can replace that pain with peace and ease their suffering. Focus on them, you must sift them away.

What Inari did not say was that in normal instances of Battle Meditation, doing this would have flooded Evelynn with the very pain she sought to lift from the ailing Shawda-Ubb. Today Inari would be providing the young girl a shield and taking it all upon herself. It would be Evelynn's job, then, to instill the placid energies of healing, guided by Inari's powers.

Do you wish for me to return to you? the baritone voice of the Lord Crusader entered their realm, ringing profoundly between them. To this Inari only smiled somberly, brows knitting in concentration. The hall around them flickered momentarily, the ephemeral lights fading just so. Yes, Lord Crusader, Evelynn would hear these words faintly as they transmitted back to @[member="Vascious Relens"]. Amore could feel the sharp bolts of the darkside that was slowly drawing closer to their haven. In the swamps beyond her men were falling to the fangs of Sithspawn. It would only be a matter of time before they would be overrun.

The Goddess took a breath then and looked to Evelynn with a nod, signaling for the girl to begin. Their realm grew solid once more and the lights returned as brightly as before.

@[member="Evelynn Dorn"]

@[member="Jorus Merrill"] | @[member="Moira Skaldi"]

"All very well understood points Merrill. However...Skaldi is right, we would be idiots to not at least extend a friendly hand. Excellent position,we can land without getting shot at, hell...we might even be able to get fresh food at a local market. Since we've been labeled a rogue terrorist group I say we get the friendlies we can, even if they are throwin' rose petals at ordinary folks feet..."

Delila saw the positives and negative from the situation. Without a doubt their would be a religious pressure placed upon the Rebels. Yet the benefits outweighed the bad. Start of a beautiful and odd friendship. Silently moving through the swamp, sharp blue-eyed gaze continued to scan the swamps as they went deeper. She was far from worried about Sith beasts. Backwater locals looking to claim them as a prize was more of her concern.

"You have any useful scanners to detect these things Skaldi? I'm getting to the point where I want to lace with swamp with explosives and let these beasts die and float to the top."

@[member="Jorus Merrill"], @[member="Delila Castillon"]

Moira would like the religious zealots if they got a decent war going. She had found that for some reason it was difficult to get the organics to properly fight each other. Normally they liked explosions! Silly organics. She gave no response to Delila's query but her eyes flared up for a brief moment beneath the robotic photoreceptors as she performed a scan, switching through vision modes before settling on infrared, staring intently at the swamp that lay before them and the dense forest that seemed to be beckoning them towards it.

Birds chirped cheerfully, as if making a mockery out of the whole thing about dangerous Sith abominations being present, there was the slight gust of a wind. Then the water started bubbling as if something was coming to the surface. "Creatures, closing in on us, multiple directions, secure the rear," she spoke flatly as she without further ado took her missile launcher and propped it on her shoulder after quickly loading, locking the distant targets into the guidance system and with an explosion of chemical propellants the missile took flight, just as the first beasts became visible, leathery skin covered in scales, enormous tusks, sharp claws and bloodlust in their eyes. The missile sailed at high speed as the beasts screeched and more burst from down the trees, then impacted before anyone could react, trees being torched and falling to the ground, creatures incinerated as a small ball of fire formed.

However, in this moment the swamp before them began bubbling, Moira reattached the launcher to her back and spun to hurl a frag grenade when suddenly seemingly out of nowhere countless vines began reaching for them, aiming to seize and strangulate, probably pull them deep into the swamp into whatever gaping maw awaited them. As anyone knew vines were bad news, right up there with worms! Moira's legs were seized as was one of her arms, the grip tightening around her, aiming to break her bones when the HRD remained in place. She struggled against the iron grip, an expression of annoyance crossing her placcid features as one hand went for her vibroknife, while the captured arm smashed itself against the vines holding it, then in a brutal motion grabbed a number of vines and simply ripped them in half, seizing them to stab down into the swamp, hearing a satisfying screech as the vines struck into the maw of the creature.

@[member="Delila Castillon"]@[member="Moira Skaldi"]

"Vines are not my style. Except for that one time, but Alna doesn't like me to talk about that." KABLAMM. A concussion round slammed a mass of vines aside and punched a broad depression in the water -- a depression so profound as to require medication.

He prescribed an eight-gauge incendiary shell, and set the vines on fire in a long arc with the second round. Cracking the gun, he set his feet and scrambled for two new shells.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom