Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Divine Restoration - Dominion of Manpha [Moross]

Evelynn

E
I just wrote a post wherein Steph Zenima headbutted a Rodian to death, let's hope it shows no traces here. It's not exactly the place for it.

This thread has definitely made me question myself. Why can I write wasted messes of women in my sleep but when it gets a bit abstract in the realm of the lightside I drop my marbles everywhere and cry on the inside? Does this make me a bad person? Am I incapable of hope? Or am I just really blunt? Am I the spoon in a sea of knives? I am, aren't I?! Oh gosh! I'm the spoon! Oh the huge manatee!

It can't be so difficult, can it?

I mean, look, the bloomin' lights, the energies, the karfin' Force y'know? The flowy....mcflowy-flow (that's the official term). Was Evelynn Dorn truly terrible? Or was she being driven by the most obtuse spoon this side of the Atlantic.

The young woman inhaled, whether this really happened or it was a metaphysical breath was not up for debate, because people die when they don't breath. Don't be stupid. Exhale. Settle petal, because if we're both losing our excrement then this post will never end. I'm talking to my fictional character who I control. Is this real life?

It's difficult to influence the plight of others when your mind is a place of doubt and panic. That's why you breathe. Close your eyes. Breathe. Also piggybacking on the powers of Goddesses helps immensely. Hold on, you need to open your eyes again. Visualise. Okay, are you good? No, you'll never be good.

Just take the red, and make it blue. You are a calm, strong, possibly independent woman and you may be a spoon but you are a spoon that is trying. I BELIEVE IN YOU.

I BELIEVE IN THE YOU THAT BELIEVES IN ME.

I can't even....

Curse you Louise, there is no spoon.

Inari smiled despite the pain she took upon herself, and when all around them the lights had cleared to a cool, faint blue, she released the hand of the girl. The Goddess' hand shook as she withdrew it. Her body felt aflame with the suffering of the Shawda-Ubb and after several moments she was forced to let go. Around them the ethereal realm dissipated into darkness. Inari released a pained breath and opened her eyes within the bustle of the community hall.

The sounds of adversity had been quelled and replaced by those of firefight and the beastly snarls of the Sithspawn.

"They're in the village," Inari looked to Evelynn and weakly pushed herself to stand, wincing slightly at the burning in her joints, "we must protect the hall until reinforcements arrive." The Lord Crusader was on his way but there was simply no telling how long it would take him by foot. The swamps were full of the twisted creatures.

"Come with me," the Reviver turned and made for a doorway that opened to a set of stairs leading to the bell tower at the top of the hall. At the top, out in the open air of the tower, they could see beyond the far dwellings of the settlement, but not further. The swamp was thick with trees and mists in the distance. They didn't need to see far, however, the hulking forms of the Sithspawn were easily enough viewed from their position. Blaster bolts loosing from the dwellings gave her the only tell-tale sign of the remaining Moross Soldiers. Inari frowned. There wasn't many.

"A Sithspawn's dark origins give it an overwhelming weakness to light. Form a barrier and I will help you extend it around the hall."

@[member="Vascious Relens"]

Jorus offered the man of durasteel a raised eyebrow of reconsideration. "Apologies for any offense," he said, squatting to examine the impromptu map. "Far as my scanpod's picking up, we've dealt with this particular knot. Nearest one to that perimeter you want is probably...yeah, thattaway, mile and a half or thereabouts. Up by that ridge, see it peeking through the god there, sorry, I mean fog, we should be able to get a good position on'em if they're moving in to hit your camp. We'll need to move fast, though. How's that suit for movement? You able to keep up if we go full throttle, boss?"

Soliael kept on fighting, his fists moving fluidly around and then eventually through the Sithspawn. It was quite simple to kill them, but the more he killed the more and more he became taxed. There seemed to be an endless wave of Sithspawn coming towards them, and eventually they would be entirely overrun. He scowled slightly as he heard Zoey ask her question.

He had several ways of getting rid of the creatures, all of them however would prove to be intensely destructive to the environment around them.

As he was about to answer another massive roar breached the swamps and a frown formed on his face. A bigger monster was coming, and with these little ones still around it would prove impossible to fight it. The Sith let out a sigh “Do not move.”

It was a command filled with pure effort. The Force began to gather inside of Soliael, his power racing through his body and his entire muscle structure seeming to shift under the weight of the darkside of the force. He concentrated, his closing and trying to find the bulk of the Sith Spawn. There at the bottom of the tree Zoey and he stood atop were dozens of the creatures, all biting and clawing their way up the trunk.

He frowned, and then his eyes snapped open. From his palm he released a massive wave of Force Destruction, a pure expression of the darkside that tore its way through anything and everything in its path. Branches, leaves, and more importantly Sithspawn were entirely obliterated.

The clawing and the biting stopped as the destruction ended the lives of the Sithspawn, and Soliael fell to one knee, drained by his exertion.

I stabbed at another beasts throat. With not hearing anything from the god, I brought my fist to slam into another beast. Tossing him a good 3 meters back to fall back into the forest floor. Then all at once, the beasts stopped as a Roar that could be made by only one beast rang out through the forest. Looking behind me to see the many times bigger beast that broke through the treetops. Neth told me to stay still. And within a few miliseconds. The God lashed out his hand to obliterate everything around us. Even as he did so, I stabbed my blade into the branch andheld on as each and every one of the beasts around us vaporized into air.

The process I knew had to have been taxing, and was proven by Neth falling to his knee. Letting my sword stay in the branch, I grabbed the god by his shoulders. Trying to help him stay up, or at least I thought I was. "By the...." I was about to say Gods, but that would have been redundant. "Did you kill all of them?" If he did, then our job was done, but I didn't start partying just yet.

@[member="Soliael Devin Talith"]

@Vascious Relens | @[member="Moira Skaldi"] | @[member="Jorus Merrill"]

Clinging tightly to the tree, Delila watched the exchange between Merrill and Relens. She found it interesting this man was considered a God. Each to their own. She assumed it might by a Priest-like designation. At least it was how her mind processed the information. Dells didn't want to know the ins and outs of this religion. They seemed like honest folk, working hard to better the people on planet. If a little theology was thrown into the mix, who was she to judge?

"I had a assumed this was not a hostile take over. Not enough blood, screams and battle tanks for one."

Getting off the ice and back into the water, she slowly waded in the direction of more Sithly beasts. Delila had yet to get her fill of explosives for the day.

Evelynn

E
You don't know me, you don't know my cutlery! You're not my real mom!

Usually I have a better starting point for my posts, but that last one was so maddening that I can't even take anything and use it to launch myself. Seriously. I have breathing and spoons.

The compliant girl followed the woman up the stairs, would they burst into song? This felt like a musical, perhaps the crescendo would peak once they reached the top of the tower and maybe then somebody would spin, arms outstretched, it would be very emotional, you know? Everybody should have an 'I want' kind of song. Even you.

Unfortunately that didn't happen.

I have twenty minutes before I have to leave this house and put in a few hours at work but my brain blanks. If I can do this. I can do anything. BE ANYTHING.

Chomp opted to stay downstairs, possibly protecting them from potential breaches or maybe the hound just really didn't like stairs. I'll leave it up to interpenetration. Fifteen minutes. Fortunately for both writer and character, the act of creating a force barrier was a little more simple than trying to alter the states of beings.

Unknowingly and much like her mother before her (who was admittedly once one of the most average students in her own time) Evelynn Dorn found that visualisation was key. Perhaps she should have opted to be a librarian, but I digress. In order to create something, see it first within your mind's eye. Just a little focus, and a sprinkling of the of flow mcflow flow.

Ten minutes.

Typically, her barrier matched her font colouring. Of course, the girl had no idea that she spoke in a colour so y'know, to her it was just a pale blue.

“Most.” Soliael said as he slowly began to recover. His breath left his mask as he panted, gasping for air. Using the force to quite literally obliterate molecules was incredibly difficult and tiring, even for someone as powerful in the force as Soliael. The excuse for a god to be tired of course was that he was just using a mortal vessel, something that was just as vulnerable as any other human being. Slowly however he managed to regain his composure and he stood back up to his full height.

He looked down at Zoey, his body still quite weak from his exertion. “There is one more coming. I believe its the mother.”

Soliael said the words in the flattest tone possible, only to be interrupted by a massive roar that shook the very swamp. A loud crack could be heard as the tree trunk below them began to splinter into a thousand pieces. The False god scowled, and then began to bound off of the tree branch the two stood upon, taking careful measure not to fall to the ground in his exertion.

The Largest of the Sithspawn was coming, and it would be trouble

The Mandalorian frowned at Merrill's question. The rebel couldn't see the facial expression, but the subtle movements and stature of Vascious' body language made it clear that he was getting fatigued. A sigh followed as Relens shook his head. "No, i'm sinking like a rock. Fething extraction was supposed to be here already!"

His thoughts touched upon his niece, Amorella. She needed to learn to be strong, to survive under the pressures of danger. The last thing she needed was to be ripped to shreds under impossible odds. He'd have to worry about being tired when he was dead. Vascious was pulled from these thoughts by Delila's comment. "Yes, our intel on the beasties was lacking sorely. It's a shame you didn't bring more of your compatriots. If there are any more like you three, then I wouldn't have any worries about securing the village. Let's get going," added the armored man before following after the Rebel General.

The Lord Crusader had a strong feeling that he was going to feel very old very fast as they set out to ambush the next grouping of Sithspawn. Full throttle? Well at least he'd eventually catch up to Jorrus and the others. Maybe coming out of retirement and dropping right to the ground was not the brightest idea he had.

@[member="Delila Castillon"] @[member="Jorus Merrill"] @[member="Moira Skaldi"]

As The God Neth spoke saying most of them, I nodded my head. I was right. There was more. And on cue, the forest erupted in a long roar of something far larger than the other beasts that we had just fought. Taking up my sword, It was pointed out that It was the Mother. I shook my head in despair. We were definitely not going to come out of this unscathed.

My shield was left off, to allow me more movement when we would be facing this beast. And when a crack that seemed to Echo, the tree began to tumble down. Jumping off. I followed the God. Not wanting to meet the Mother of all beasts, literally, or die by falling to the ground with a tree crushing me.

Inari was pleased to see the young girl gather her wits and form a basic barrier. Under normal circumstances it would have protected her from weaker-powered projectiles, like spoons, and perhaps even a few strikes of a lightsaber before her concentration faltered. Evelynn was in luck, and she was also in the presence of a false God who happened to be very skilled at Force Barriers.

Lifting a hand, the Reviver placed it upon the girl's shoulder, "Put your strength into it. Focus your will. If we wish to make it off this planet alive and whole we'll need to ensure the barrier holds."

Good intentions backed by the most simple of needs: stay alive.

With a deep breath Inari funneled her energy and power through Evelynn, directing it to bolster her shield. The barrier began to glow a hot white, pearlescent as it slowly grew around them. Colors of gold and silver, blue and pink and purple radiated from the epicenter. Soon it swallowed the bell tower, then encompassed the top of the hall. Eventually it touched down along the swamp grounds and began to spread outward.

The glimmering capsule pushed through the thick of the trees until it looked as though their tops grew out of them. In the distance the sound of blaster fire ceased. Inari felt a prickling of pain along her scalp and she winced, sweat beading at her hairline. She hoped for her sake that her sickness would not impede her ability to keep her people and the citizens of the settlement safe. If they could just hold it long enough...

@[member="Evelynn Dorn"]

Soliale landed on a nearby branch, finding himself looking towards the forest floor with keen eyes. He began to feel a deep thudding noise in his chest as the Mother of the creatures approached. He frowned slightly, knowing that he was not going to like what came next. Slowly the Sith reached into his cloak, pulling out a small cylinder, almost similar to a lightsaber hilt but far more ornate.

“This will be difficult, I am no Kalee.” He said the words in slight jest towards Zoey. Neth may have been a god, but he was not one of combat or war.

The real person that was Soliael of course was just tired. He had used a massively powerful force attack and the cost of doing so now weighed heavily on his shoulders, it was all that he could do to stand, much less fight.

landing next to the God on a different tree, I knew that we would have to fight the beast now, or continue moving tree after tree. And seeing as how the God had used alot of the powers from his mortal vessel, his body was forced to become tired and maybe sore. From the looks of what he commented about not being Kalee, I smiled. This is where I would come in. As one of her Zealots, I was one to love war. Yet, I also saw the need for politics. This beast was not one to talk or to sign papers, so the sword was lifted instead of the pen.

From our stand point, I may have to attack the beast headlong while Neth could provide backup, and knowledge against this Mother. "We are gonna need to spit up." If we were to take on a beast this large, the best way for both of us to survive, was to be on opposite sides of the hulking mother to confuse and disorient it. I'm sure that the God of Knowledge could understand that.

With the tree cracking in the background, I only got a glimpse of her from this height. And all I could see was meat, horns, tusks, teeth, and claws.

@[member="Delila Castillon"] @[member="Vascious Relens"] @[member="Moira Skaldi"]

Perhaps the Sithspawn responded to Vascious' desire for proximity and Castillon's desire for explosions. Whatever the case, the next brand of nasty was a little more generic and, arguably, a lot more vicious.

Tuk'ata. Five-hundred-pound Sith Hounds, poison claws, semi-sentient, whispering to each other in Ancient Sith as they fanned out to encircle the Rebels. Jorus raised THE shotgun and tried to keep his knees from trembling.

“Yes” Soliael said in a simple one word response to her. The Beast was coming, and it was quite big. He spotted it several times within the peripherals of his eye. Watching as it dragged itself over faster and faster. It was as if the creatures momentum was the only thing that made it go. He smiled slightly, wondering just how unstoppable the beast was.

If he had not already used the technique he would have simply eradicated it with another wave of force destruction, but such an act would very likely kill him.

The False god frowned slightly, realizing that he could not move fast enough to get behind the beast. He would have to be bait. “Let it come towards me. Get behind it, and kill it.”

It was a simple thing to say, but far more difficult thing to do.

At the words of the God saying that he would distract the beast, for me to flank it, I nodded. I didn't waste any time, jumping from the branch that I was on, to the right, and even more did I go out of my way to avoid her altogether. Once I could see that I was further out, I started to jump from branch to branch going towards her at an angle. Getting behind her by a good 50 meters to allow myself some room to become quiet and sneak up on the large hulking mother.

Prepping my sword, and body for the last few jumps to where I would attempt to get onto the beasts head, and slam the blade home, in the base of the skull, to possibly sever the spinal cord. Silently I prayed to Kalee that she would keep my Beskad sharp, and strong enough to pierce the beasts hide.

Piraiba

Togorian Barricade
[@[member="Soliael Devin Talith"] @[member="Zoey Marix"] - Here to help! Feel free to skip past me if i'm posting to slow]

The Morossians in The Countess' command center were working hard to monitor the situation and coordinate supply and troop deliveries on Manpha. However, their monitoring of the vital statistics and the heat signatures of the planet had made one thing very clear. Both Inari the Reviver and Neth the Keeper had become in grave danger. Reinforcements were in route to Inari's settlement, but Neth and Zoey Marix had stumbled over something that spiked readings. The commander issued the order and the dispatcher moved to quickly rearrange some of the reinforcements that were being sent to Inari. Their greatest duty after all was to insure the safety of the two Aesir that were planet side.

~~~

[SIZE=small]"Piraiba, we have a change of plans. The Lord Crusader is moving to the settlement. You need to assist Aesir Neth," spoke the pilot of the dropship that Piraiba had boarded. [/SIZE][SIZE=small]The Togorian merely nodded. He could already feel the ship changing course. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]"Something big has been picked up on scanners. Get ready you have one minute!"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]~~~[/SIZE]

The Dropship came into view as Zoey had started to move from one tree to the next in attempts to flank the queen. Piraiba could quickly see that tree cover allowed him a narrow opening to deploy to unless he wanted to go swimming from where the creature had emerged from the depths. Mud would be an issue, but he would have to make due.

The ship got as close to the ground as it could right before the feline jumped from the side door. He plummeted 20 feet down and made a splash in all directions upon impact with the swamp. The engines of the dropship kicked into gear with a loud whine as it ascended back into the air to pick up more reinforcements.

The newcomers arrival had stopped the Queen Sithspawn from it's charge at Solaiel. It turned to watch as Piraiba surged up out of the swamp and released a bestial roar in challenge to the Queen. At ten feet tall, the cat made a much larger target than Solaiel did. Piraiba drew two heavy blaster repeaters from slings at his sides and engaged the weapons against the beast. Such a weapon was a challenge for soldiers, but the feline held one in each hand with ease.

Her flesh was very blaster bolt resistant, but the weapons emptied numerous rounds at a high rate of fire. The Queen squeled in agony as it changed trajectory and charged at the Togorian now.

Neth was safe for the moment.

(Sorry for the short post, but I didn't know what to add XD)
Soliael watched for a few seconds as a massive Togorian seemingly fell from the sky and assaulted the beast. For a few moments he had absolutely no idea how to respond to these actions, giant kitties falling from the sky wasn't exactly a normal occurrence, even for Moross. He couldn't help but perk an eyebrow as he watched the two creatures square off against one another.

Normally Soliael would have jumped to help, but his energy being quite low and his muscles screaming at him the False god instead chose to watch what was going on.

He knew that any second Zoey would jump in and aid the Togorian, and that was enough for him.

I smiled as I was rounding the side of the beast. I saw a ship drop by and allow a large feline species of a person drop from the ship. He roared at the Mother Sith spawn to keep the heat off of me, and the God Neth. I smiled as the beast had now taken almost all notice to him rather than me, making my target easier to get. Brandishing my Beskad. I moved through the trees with as much speed I could go safely. And moving forwards I got to a tree directly behind it large beast.

On its back was covered in a thick black hide, and a spine with spikes the size of my upper arm to where the horns on its head the size of my chest. Seeming to blend with a color of crimson, I got to the back of the tree, and got a running start.

It was only a 4 foot amount of room that I could run on the branch, but that was all that I needed. Using the effort of my suit to launch me a good few feet by itself, I used the force powers that I had, Allowing myself to be pushed further and faster than I had ever gone. And with both hands I gripped my Beskad. The silver blade gleamed in the slight light of the nearby star as my back bended and my arms moved up to allow even more momentum to come down on the spinal cord.

my feet hit the beast first. And with the power natural gravity and my strength, I plunged the silver blade into the neck column of the beast. The silver sword vanished in the flesh of the beast, and without a second thought, I twisted the sword inside of it. Hoping to jumble up its cord at the base of the skull. And with the aid of a metal sword stuck in its system. I let blue arcs of lighting leave my hands and transfer from me into the beast. Sending waves of energy. Giving it all that I had. So much so that my whole body was vibrating.

My face contorted in anger, pain, and hate, Using the emotions as fuel to keep the lightning going. I could see the individual wrinkles in the skin as the blue light made it visible. I could hear screaming. I thought it was the monster doing so in pain, but really it was me.

@[member="Soliael Devin Talith"], @[member="Piraiba"]

@Jorus Merrill @Vascious Relens @Moira Skaldi

"Have you ever noticed all of these problems seem to come from the galaxy's annoying mages?" Delila knew full well Jorus had the ability to use the Force - or some mumbo jumbo like that but it didn't change her opinion. Like the Sith beasts who had just appeared. Reaching behind her back, Delila pulled out extra shells for her bolter. Already in limited supply,she was going to have to alternate or time her shots better.

Two quick bolter shots at the trio broke them up. She moved herself back towards Jorus, coming back-to-back with the man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom