Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Divine Providence - A Meeting of the Wilds [Fringe + Moross]

Keskin
Aboard The Kingdom

Arriving to this particular rendez-vous point had taken some skill and finesse. After stripping The Kingdom of most weapons and making enhancements to the shields, the swarm frigate, now painted a pristine white with gleaming golden accents, quietly traversed the Corellian Trade Spine through OP territory. Cutting across after Varonat, they moved swiftly off to Keskin.

Aboard the ship were the leaders of Moross: Inari the Reviver, Neth the Keeper, and Kalee the Sword. The three 'living Gods' bid welcome a select group of Crusaders and Devotees, those they believed would best represent them. Emri Larue was amongst this group, the first choice of Inari. The man stood beside her on the bridge and watched quietly as the Goddess meditated.

Soon the growing vision of Keskin drew his attention. The frigate drew into orbit over the planet and Emri released a long sigh.

"Keskin. Very green, very lush. A fine place for such a meeting," Emri nodded in appreciation of the planet floating before the viewport of the bridge.

From her throne-like chair at the center of the chamber, Inari woke from her meditation, liquidine blue eyes staring out at the sphere of green. It hung heavy beneath the roiling currents of clouds. She stared past that, a steady breath breaking through the tenseness of her lips.

"Alert the Fringe we have arrived."

Not that they needed to be alerted, but it only seemed proper to knock even if it was neutral ground.

@[member="Ashin Varanin"]
@[member="Spencer Jacobs"]
@[member="Soliael Devin Talith"]
@[member="Vascious Relens"]
@[member="Jared Ovmar"]
@[member="Lucien Cordel"]
@anyone else from either faction that wishes to join.

Soliael stood in the center of a large empty room entirely painted black with lines of color running on the wall of one side, effigies standing within the middle of those lines upon the wall. It was a room that by all means had no right in existing on a star ship, but one that was aboard all Moross ships. It was a room most often devoted to the worship of the divines. A place where soldiers and officers alike came to speak with their gods.

Here it was where Soliael had come to stay over the last few hours of this journey, here upon Inari's ship.

It was not that he didn't feel comfortable elsewhere, it was just that this room was where he could find the most solitude during this time of day, and he did enjoy his solitude. His eyes were closed and the force ran around him, stinging the air like gnats. A voice broke over the comm-line, informing him of their arrival in neutral space.
Slowly the god nodded to himself.

He did this for Amorella. She had stressed the important of diplomacy for their people, and given that she had become like a Sister to him Soliael had agreed to indulge her in these talks. More than anything however the Sith lord considered the Lords of the Fringe to be unpredictable, if not downright dangerous.

Though of course, he would keep his tongue in check.

With a flurry of black cloak Soliael left the prayer hall, heading directly towards his fellow gods.

Inari and Solaiel were where one would have expected them to be. Vascious on the other hand was not quite so easy to find. Further down in the frigate was a corridor that led to the ship's storage rooms. At one of those rooms two fully armored soldiers stood guard.

Behind that door, Vascious had taken various crates and boxes to create a makeshift throne of sorts. There he sat in his well known battered mandalorian armor. His helmet was off and propped up on a crate nearby where it could stare back at him. In the master's hand was a glass of vintage Corellian whiskey.

The old man simply stared at the black visor on his helmet as he swirled the amber liquid around in his glass gingerly. Occasionally Vascious would take a sip as his feet gently rocked back and forth to the rhythm of a sorrowful song that played on a small portable speaker on the nearby shelf.

One might have thought it strange for a false god to seclude himself into a storage room. Truthfully Vascious also had to find time for solitude here and there. It was required for the old man to behave as a deity would. Even a Sith Master was beneath the power of a Divine of the Parantheon. To carry himself like a regular soldier or mortal would undermine the entire religion. Sometimes a man just wanted to be alone to think.

Despite that the Aesir still pushed himself up to his feet and grabbed his helmet when the call came over the intercom. A couple minutes later he was up on the next deck and was falling in line with his great nephew Solaiel. He said nothing to his fellow Aesir as they both headed for Inari's chamber.

@[member="Amorella Mae"]@[member="Soliael Devin Talith"]@[member="Vascious Relens"]
Some leaders would have brought warfleets, or vessels the size of small moons. On the bridge of the Seroth-class frigate Defiance, Rave realized that she had guessed right. Moross, for all its claims to divinity, liked to keep things simple, without posturing. The vessel they'd brought was around the same size as the one containing this particular contingent of Fringe leaders.

"Incoming transmission, Councilor Merrill. The Crusaders say hello."

"An easy thing to call them, Captain, but I'm not sure how accurate it is. Unknowns are unknowns, not fodder for guesswork. Perhaps their diminutive is more like...Mossies." Rave kept a straight face. "Signal our intent to land, and send the coordinates where we're bound."

The Defiance bent its course down to the planet, making for a secluded diplomatic chalet that overlooked a forested lake. Forest or not, the region had more than enough landing space for two frigates.

The Sith Princess was still very new to the Moross Crusade, but since her ex-husband had thought it worth his time and suggested that she could as well, Crystal had decided to assist in whatever way she was capable. She was loosely committed, but not devoted to, nor would she serve anyone, even those claiming to be Gods. Still, four hundred years of experience with diplomacy and the Force had given her certain insights. She was particularly fond of using her telepathic abilities, and essentially destroying the minds of any that had defied, disappointed or disturbed her.

But, that was not her purpose for being on the ship with the Aesirs. She was still learning about them. However, should opportunity knock, she would certainly demonstrate her capabilities to suit her current whims.

For the moment, she was observing those around her through the Force, as she meditated in the room that others gathered in to eat and socialize. There was no general census when it came to the thoughts or feelings of those nearby. Each was different, with different questions and concerns. It was interesting to be among so many with different thoughts and goals, yet somehow they all came together. Interesting indeed. For now, this experience was an opportunity for Crystal to study.

Taking a hold of the beskad I place it along the small of my back horizontally. Strapping on my leather bracers, the one on the left was rather special. Being given to me by my father, it was an Echani Dueling shield. Even then, I never left anywhere without my shield and sword. Dressed in my normal robes that some would consider provocative, I though it was customary to show off the different tattoos of the gods that I had on my arms and chest and back. Tossing my rather long hair that had grown out since my fist coming to the Moross Crusade, it seemed to becoming darker to a red and pink rather than the bright pink I had when I was younger. Being an 18 year old did that to a woman.

Over the intercom I could hear Inari's voice break over to say that the fringe were here. or was it the other way around? either way, we were meeting here. I was the governess of Manpha, the closest planet we had control over to the fringe. Smack dab in between the arms of the Omega pyre. As a governess, and a Disciple I was kind of required to be here.

Walking to the bridge I could already see the three Aesir's Neth the Keeper, Inari the Reviver, and Kalee the Sword, the god that I also worshiped the most. Just before Salee the Shield. I spoke naught to any of them. I was a lesser being in the presence of the three living gods. I had already had the honor of working with Neth many times before, and seeing Kalee maybe twice. But seeing them all here at the same time, was different. I could feel the power that flowed between all of them as though they were a family. Seeing this, I was the one, two, three, fourth wheel that would be here. Adjusting my hair slightly I waited for commands or just to even speak to the Lords of the Fringe.

@[member="Crystal Carter"], @[member="Rave Merrill"], @[member="Vascious Relens"], @[member="Soliael Devin Talith"], @[member="Amorella Mae"]

Matreya

Arriving swiftly among those with @[member="Rave Merrill"], Asher's face was of course different from usual. Masking himself in the open was always useful. But though his face was different, he still let his eyes retain their silver shine in the same way the chiss eyes shown red. Few knew of the sign shown by the glow, but those whom did knew they stood next to one wh was nigh god like.

"Why are we here?" The elder man asked the young alchemist.

The Polydroxol @[member="Asher North"] got a long stare. "We're here to meet with the Moross Crusade, pretty much the only halfway compatible and trustworthy potential ally we've got. If you're not briefed for this mission, that's a question you should ask yourself again."

Matreya

Those bright silver eyes glanced down at the young woman, a smile tugging at the corners of his lips, "You misunderstood. I meant here. I find so many other planets preferable but then again, that could just be me." Asher said, still trying to not smile. The ancient being could be considered humorless for the most part, but he had always been somewhat immature. Bothering people seemed to get a response.

"Either way," Asher continued, "I am here to get my feet on the ground so to speak. I need to get known by those of the Fringe. The best way I could think to do that? Tail one of its chosen leaders."

@[member="Rave Merrill"]

This was Meret’s first official assignment as a member of the Fringe High Council. Her beliefs were based on her travels as a child, home schooling and her thirst for knowledge. She was influenced by the Aing Tii and scarred by the Sith mythology. She had no expectations but what if she experienced a mystical feed of enlightenment. She dressed in a plain manner as a sign of humility. She hid herself in the shadow of High Councilor Rave Merrill. Observing, following protocol, listening for social ques in the conversation was her plan. If others think she a just a servant it might give her access to private exclusive conversation. Meret listen to @[member="Asher North"] and @[member="Rave Merrill"] as time drew near to meet the Moross.

Alen too stood on the bridge of the Defiance, once again admiring the beauty of such a functional piece of work. Cloaking, shields and weapons for days ... good things came in small packages. He had commanded the Seroth-class frigate once, on Javin, and had relished that fleeting hour. Having another opportunity to admire her couldn't be passed up. Na'Varro loved his ships. It was perhaps why he was here at all ... but then again, he was a nobleman, an Ancient General from a long dead Force User sect, and as such his presence had some sort of weight. Minor, insignificant weight, but weight nonetheless. So he stood in the presence of @[member="Rave Merrill"], @[member="Meret Blackmoon"] and others, merely existing in this moment.

The viewport was small, but Alen looked out of it nonetheless. From here the stars were beautiful, telling the most ancient story of all. The story of light and dark.

Zius walked slowly and casually up to Alen, halting to see what he was looking at. Stars... something he himself hadn't stopped to truly observe in all its wonder. But for good reason, and forging a path of spite and the destruction of Sith was choice. His hands held in each other behind his back in the black trench coat he always wore which draped over his shoulders, collar spread and what not. His cybernetic eye's pupil enlarged and shrunk as it scanned the open space, small red sparks flashing as it adjusted.

"With all the fighting and what have you, there's not been a night where the bright of my lightsaber has left my sight. No star to persuade my mind from the fighting that always seems to find me. No time to stop and admire the galaxy."

Zius gently shifted his shoulders, the leathery shimmer of his coat slipping over like a liquid due to the lights.
@[member="Alen Na'Varro"] @[member="Meret Blackmoon"]

As a relative newcomer, he was little more than an observer. A participant observer, but by no means one of influence. He knew his place, here and thus maintained it, amongst the others of the Fringe contingent aboard the Defiance. His eyes moved with critical discernment from @[member="Asher North"], to @[member="Meret Blackmoon"], @[member="Rave Merrill"], @[member="Alen Na'Varro"], and @[member="Zius Aurus"], the last three of these he noted as having been present at Javin.

These faces, with repeated exposure, were becoming cemented in his mind for who and what they were, from the way they carried themselves to their power, disposition, and personality. They all had their differences philosophically, and by belief and alignment, yet unlike where he had come from, they maintained a common cause. The Fringe bound itself together somehow, and it worked.

These thoughts, amongst many others, wafted through his mind as his eyes drifted to a nearby viewport and the Defiance made its descent to the planet below.

Elegant and depraved.
Helios, in a shroud of darkness that can only befit his persona stood aboard the Defiance with his comrades as they awaited the impending meeting with the Moross Crusade. The dark Jedi master himself was apart of the Moross' company, if only for a short time. His stay was short lived however, ending before he'd even met anyone else from the faction. This meeting would act both as an initiator to make up for the impoliteness of his extremely solitude-like behavior and to study his own comrades of the Fringe. Helios failed to make enemies within the Moross, and he doubted his departure left a bitter taste in anyone's mouth. He wondered if the leaders from his former faction would even know whom he was.

Golden eyes embedded in the sickly pale face of Helios stared out of the viewport of the bridge as he observed and listened to those around him. The ship seemed to be descending now though, giving view to the heavily vegetated planet below. It'd actually been a long time since he'd been in the presence of a forest. The vigorous call of nature seemed to have an invisible pull on the Eldorai though he often ignored the tug of such things. Helios, dressed in dark garbs with his arms folded across his chest did what everyone else was doing aboard the ship, and that was to simply wait for landing. To those whom looked his way he gave polite nods, though his eyes seemed to linger on @[member="Meret Blackmoon"] moreso than the others.
@[member="Zius Aurus"] @[member="Alen Na'Varro"] @[member="Asher North"] @[member="Rave Merrill"]

Vilox Pazela's presence on the Defiance had been one of solitude, preferring to keep his the duration of time on the vessel in it's observational deck, hood raised over his grey/black spiked up hair and yellow, predatory eyes. When it had arrived above Keskin, the Dark Master had turned and made his way down the hallways and turbolifts to the hangar bay, where he utilized the transport he had taken from the Obscurity to initially arrive on the Defiance, setting course for the rendezvous with the Aesir that they would be meeting with.

He had decided to maintain a presence in the diplomacy that would ensue between the Fringe Confederation and Moross Crusade because it was useful to maintain a steady flow of knowledge. He was also interested in those that would claim to be Gods. Subsequently, when he emerged from his transport from it's ramp and onto the field where the Lords of the Fringe and the living 'Gods' that they were meeting, he maintained a distance so not as to be directly involved, but in reach to listen quietly.

The Kingdom settled down in a field of green just walking distance from their conference destination. All things considered, it was a quaint place the Aesir had scoped out previously - placing all parties involved in a neutral slash of space and a peaceful patch of land. Today's talks, even if they didn't go exactly to plan, were not meant to bring about malice or war. If they couldn't come to an agreement, at the very least Inari wished to see everyone go back to their respective homes in one piece.

No sense in starting a battle when the bigger war raged elsewhere in the galaxy. But here, in this place, they might align their reserves and their people accordingly.

Inari moved wordlessly from the bridge of their frigate with her fellow Aesir at her side, and struck out from the confines of metal to the open air of Keskin. A soft breeze brought the overwhelming scents of the wild flora, and the landscape of green and grey and brown forested mountainsides cast against a baby blue sky marked only by the wisps of clouds reflected in her eyes. For a moment the Aesir paused to take it all in and let the view bring back memories that seemed so distant when really, they were only half a galaxy away.

"Bright One?" Emri Larue was in line with the other followers who had stopped when the Reviver did. He looked on, mildly concerned. Perhaps wondering if she had sensed something that gave her pause. Danger, mayhaps?

No such thing. Even if she did detect the obvious presence of darkness here, it was no more obvious or dangerous than that which she walked amongst. Folding her hands together at her front within the sleeves of her robes, she surveyed the scene of the Fringe transport settled a short distance away. Blue eyes peered out from behind her silver half-mask, and for a moment the Reviver offered the barest of smiles.

"It's beautiful," Inari said, then began her descent once more down the ramp, her words leaving a few to wonder just what it was she meant.

She made her way to the chalet through a sea of rolling verte grasses.

Members of the Fringe gathered on the bridge the Defiance . Meret was not a fan of technology nor did she collect ships as someone her peers did. They had several minutes before it was show time. Knowing the nature of sentient beings, pilots and crewmembers she picked up a basket of bread and muffins from the galley. As Meret stepped out of the shadow of Rave Merrill she moved through the crowd introducing herself. She offered each Fringe member a piece of bread, or energy bar or muffin. In a way it maintained an image of a servant or subordinate. It was also a great ploy for reminding members who she was, not just another politician.

First she introduced herself to @[member="Asher North"], a Chiss, who emitted a cold reserved energy. She extended her hand “Meret Blackmoon from Endor, if you are hungry…” She revealed her basket filled galley snacks. Some may thought it an odd but it was symbolic to Meret. She was shorter in stature than most standing in great anticipation of the unknown but more generous. Making a connection with the members was her intent. She encountered @[member="Alen Na'Varro"] next. He was intense in his observation of the workings of this grand ship. She spoke to him and maybe he did not hear her so she gave him a nudge followed by a smile. “Snack?” She showed him the basket. Standing next to Alen was @[member="Zius Aurus"], he was a dark Jedi.. maybe? lost in the stars. “Zius, I am Meret, nice to meet you.”

She moved to late comers @[member="Lucianus Adair"] and @[member="Helios Kingpriest"]. Their combined energies felt like a durasteel blast door. She felt very safe and comfortable between these two. “Lucianus Adair? I read your dossier well at least looked at your holo image, Meret Blackmoon, new council member.” He was very handsome. She offered him some bread. Then Meret turn to Helios. There was something different about him. She showed him the basket “Helios means Sun? I understand it fits you well, Meret is my name it means goddess of dance---ancient Kiffar speech. We are almost there." The descent jarred her footing slightly thrusting her into @[member="Vilox Pazela"]. She was quiet embarrassed. “ I am Meret. oh excuse me…I think it’s time” She stood up and waited for standard commands of the crew.

Vascious had been there when the Fringe was created. At the time he was simply an old mysterious mandalorian drifter that rested his weary feet in the Vagrant Fleet. He took no part of the battle that broke the neutral fleet in half, but he always kept a curious eye on them. The Fringe had grown rapidly from the chaos that they learned to wield. Now his sources told him that they had held elections and developed a formal leadership. It seemed they would be quite the powerhouse, and Vascious saw great potential in them. He agreed with Inari's desire to seek diplomatic relations. The galaxy was to aflame with battle to plunge blindly into anyone in sight.

The man reached out to his right to run his hand along several grass blades as they walked. Naturally he couldn't feel them through his gauntlet, but it was comforting none the less. The untouched countryside was beautiful as his niece had stated. The wind picked up then and his old tattered black cloak whipped sideways in the gust of air to tickle at Amorella's side. Even as an Aesir he still hadn't replaced that rag on his back that had been riddled with blaster holes and slashes. It was of great sentimental value.

Flanking behind the god of war was a soldier in light plate armor that watched the horizon with a calm yet wary gaze. She was one of Kalee's honor guard. Each Aesir had their own personal guard, and ironically each one reflected their tastes. It seemed like Neth in particular only recruited the most striking of women to be among the Valkyries. The woman behind Vascious was not striking, but her ability to reach out and touch a target rapidly from 800 meters had impressed him well enough. The gray cloak on her back signified her as one of his.

As the Morossian party reached the large wooden cabin, two of the soldiers in gray cloaks took up position to stand guard by the door. Vascious placed a hand gently on Amorella's shoulder to slow her. It seemed like they had beaten the Fringe to the meeting place, but he was significantly better equipped to survive an ambush. The Mandalorian then opened the door and made his way in before shortly gesturing for the others to follow.

No doubt the Fringe representatives would be there soon to mingle and get down to business. Years ago he might have felt proverbial butterflies in his stomach, but now Relens was simply to old to feel anything. The meeting would go well or it wouldn't. They would leave unharmed or they would die. There was no point dwelling on any of it. His only true priority now was keeping Solaiel and Amorella from harm. They were most of what little family he had left.

Looking over to the young @[member="Rave Merrill"] the young new member of the High Council, and someone who Sargon knew from prior missions at least, and her nature amused the Zabrak. As the ship began to move towards the planetary surface, his silence continued as his mind reached out to the planet his awareness less searching, and more just gaining a feel for the planet itself. "The Moross Crusade is going to met us here, interesting location, it has a calming feel to it. Do you think they can be trusted? I've yet to met any of their leaders, or even anyone in an official capacity for their nation."

Moving his eyes to view the other various members of the ship the Zabrak moved his eyes back to the planet, it was nice to see the growth of the Fringe, but the truth of the Fringe was it always felt like family.

| @[member="Vascious Relens"] | @[member="Amorella Mae"] | @[member="Zoey Marix"] | @[member="Soliael Devin Talith"] |

"What an interesting vessel, that you possess." Vilox Pazela entered the cabin shortly after the arrival of the Aesir. His facial features were concealed behind the veil of his hood, save for the yellow, predatory eyes that glared out from underneath. He moved to the side, away from the door, to the corner to begin his observations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom