Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Divine Providence - A Meeting of the Wilds [Fringe + Moross]

The woman wasn't entirely sure why she was there. Silvered gaze cast across those assembled as they prepared to disembark, slender fingers settling the soft wrap around her shoulders. She was one of the newest members of the Fringe, and at the same time, one of the oldest in years. Though that latter fact was up for some debate as true age was something one could both conceal and alter.

Perhaps she simply felt old. It was, after all, one of her very favorite activities as of late. Pondering just how much she had missed while she was asleep, how much the galaxy had changed in over five hundred years. For a Sith who had once made her name in blood and bone, she missed some of the people she had been forced to leave behind. Her daughter most especially...a tiny little copy of her, down to the stubborn set of her chin, save for the bright emerald gaze that was purely her father's.

Pulling herself out of her silent reverie, she straightened her posture and strode over to where the others had assembled. Carré nodded and offered a smile to each of those that met her gaze, casting an intrigued glance at Lucianus...the other of the new Fringers along for this journey. It was the newly elected councilors who were the primary members of the delegation, and she paused and waited for them to lead the way.

Zius turned with a blank expression to acknowledge the woman who spoke to him. He didn't have much to say to strangers, even less someone so open and social. He preferred a hand-selected group of people only he felt comfortable around. And if said people had no proof of brass, they were of no use. No value. He simply gave a nod, his cybernetic eye glowing red. He then turned to face the viewport, blowing off the politician entirely. Another thing Zius hated, sheer politics and their bickering over matters which he'd find more entertaining if it involved a lightsaber.

"Hm."

Once again quiet, clearing his mind.

@[member="Meret Blackmoon"] @[member="Alen Na'Varro"] @[member="Helios Kingpriest"] @[member="Lucianus Adair"]

Bodies began to scatter as the announcement of their arrival was made over the intercom. The Sith Princess was not in a hurry to jump up and join the crowd, instead was one of the last to leave the room, and exit the ship. The crowds were moving, but paused when Aesir Inari stopped briefly. Crystal on the other hand, did not stop. Instead, she moved to the front of the crowd, but off to the side of the Aesirs where she could see and hear clearly.

Those around her would note that she did not wear the colors of any of the Gods present, nor any of the ones not present. Crystal was dressed as she normally was, as a Princess would dress. The chosen spot for the meeting was picturesque and calm, as she was for the time being. In fact, the Sith Princess expanded her presence in the Force, to stretch out after a long journey, and probe for familiar presences, which she was certain there would be none of.

The talking had begun, with small talk as she'd expected. It was not as though they could welcome them to a neutral planet afterall...

Kitt Solo

Alen Na'Varro's Ex
Inside the Cabin

Instead of bombs and other nefarious devices of booby traps, the Moross members would probably notice the misplaced smell of freshly baked cookies and one apple pie upon entering the cabin. @Vascious Relens might be thrown off by such a smell instead of being put more at ease. The Southern Corellian that rivaled @[member="Rave Merrill"] for the youngest to hold a high council position in the Fringe didn't give a kark what they thought or expected.

If it was a trap, she wanted her last taste on this planet to be of something good, real good.

If it wasn't a trap, negotiations and talks always went better on full stomachs. She took the pie out of the portable-droid oven just as the Moross members entered along with the first of the Fringe players and promptly put it in the center of the large, round wooden table in the middle of the front room. Peeling off the oven mitts, she took a plate full of cookies and stopped in front of the warrior-looking one of the bunch. @[member="Vascious Relens"]

"I'm sure the rest of my colleagues will be here shortly. Cookie?" She offered the plate around to him first and then motioned to the other Moross members. "Where are my manners! Don't worry...," balancing the plate with one hand, she took a cookie off the plate and took a big bite. "...they'rmmff, not..Mmff, poisonous."

@EVERYONE

With a shrug, a nod, and a quiet word to Sargon, Rave gathered the Fringe contingent. A good portion of the High Council was represented here - Sargon, Kitt, Meret, people she trusted.

Their opposite numbers didn't look half bad, either. The girl with the scars around her purple eyes examined them frankly, but politely.

"Your Graces," she said, because the proper method of address for a living god escaped her, "welcome. If we can all take some of Councilor Solo's baked goods, I think we can get started. I'm Councilor Rave Merrill, and these are Councilors @[member="Sargon Vynea"], @[member="Meret Blackmoon"], and @[member="Kitt Solo"] - almost half the High Council. And these are some of our associates - @[member="Zius Aurus"], Darth Vazela, @[member="Carré Inirial"], @[member="Asher North"], @[member="Lucianus Adair"], @[member="Helios Kingpriest"], and @[member="Alen Na'Varro"]."

Soliael simply inclined his head and slowly took a cookie from the silver plate. He did not quite eat it yet, he was not afraid of poison but it was quite difficult to eat a cookie through a mask. Instead he just held the small round pastry in his hand, if not slightly awkwardly. Perhaps he should not have taken it, but then again it didn't really mater. Slowly he slid the treat up his sleeve, storing it for later.

The God inclined his head towards Rave in greeting, though he said nothing. At the beginning of this he promised Amorella that he would allow her to do most of the talking.

Neth was supposed to have been the god kn knowledge and knowing, something that Soliael took to heart most of the time. Inari however was the good of...well pretty much everything good in the universe. It could be said that both of them shared the knack for diplomacy, at least according to legend. In reality however Amorella was far more versed in the arts of speaking, something she had learned on Kuat.

With a polite stare Soliael watched the fringe delegates, unspeaking.

Silence was her plan for this meeting, Spencer needed to let the others grow and she remembered the last time she had said her say in a meeting. The woman looked towards everyone in the room, Fringe and Moross - a boy she recognized quickly, but decided to keep it private. Looking towards the leaders of the Fringe she knew they were in good hands, Rave especially after proving herself after the Kaggath. Spencer looked at her fingertips as she mused at her handiwork at fixing Rave’s face after the fight.

You still got it.

Looking towards Sargon she smiled softly, the man had grown since the first time she had met him. He was always calm and a good root for the group that was in charge now. A finger rested on her lips as she listened to what was happening - this was a good day and she was pleased with it.

Lucien selected a cookie from the tray and took a seat beside his fiance there wedding was not long off. Of course he and @[member="Meret Blackmoon"] were here as Representatives of the high council. He touched her hand and spoke mentally to her "Are you ok Darling?" He lifted his hand back onto the table. He would strive to remain professional. He was not one for believing in gods especially not the living variety. Of course that didn't show and he guarded his thoughts well.

The Dark Master smiled under his hood as he observed proceedings. He was in the presence of inferior beings, although he did not betray his thoughts to those present in the room. Here, a girl born out of the manipulations of a decrypt whipkid was under the illusion- a facade- that she led him in these negotiations. That a former governor of Elom was present and did not know who or what he was a testament to his powers and mastery of the dark side of the Force. His thoughts turned to Ashin Varanin and he wondered why she was not here. He remembered what she said during the election on Annaj. That she had other options.

How interesting.

Alen had ... drifted off, somewhere. He did that sometimes, falling into a deeper sense of waking consciousness from which none could disturb him. Nodding apologetically at @[member="Zius Aurus"] and accepting a cookie from @[member="Meret Blackmoon"], the Dark Jedi pondered eternity for the rest of the trip down. As the meeting began, Na'Varro snapped to, his mind finding its way into this dimension. Convinced he was once again in the present, his eyes took on an alert, interested spark. Watching with a paternal, affected interest, Alen nodded and smiled as @[member="Rave Merrill"] introduced him to the Crusaders, and folded his arms out of habit. These gods were ... interesting. Alen had seen divinity before and none of them quite added up. Just powerful Forcers with delusions of grandeur, or the smarts to realise that a cult following was loyal until death? Were they true believers or masqueraders playing a part?

Alen watched, for now.

Nothing seemed to be out of order as I walked after the guards that flaked my God Kalee. It seemed that many people were here from the fringe. I had heard about them forming from some lady along my lone travels, but even as that may, I kept myself ready should anything happen. Already proving that I would die for my Living Gods and Goddess. I kept my head held high as everyone was coming to a single spot. I could feel all of these people's power. Each coursing more than what I could have at this point.

Noticing that Neth had stayed silent when he may have been one of the three leaders, I knew that I was to be seen and not heard as well. I pushed my hair out of my face as a soft breeze brought the red and pink hair in front of my eyes. I promised that I wouldn't draw my sword if necessary, and I would hold to that.

Alen accepted a cookie from Meret’s basket of treats. She nodded to him “ Maybe we can have a political, philosophical discussion. I would like to know your views.” Lucien joined the group; he sat next to her as they waited. Her eyes caught his. “I am not afraid I am interested in these gods because I do have spiritual beliefs. Maybe I will have a mystical experience. “ Meret wished that Lucien would have a mystical experience.

Meret for just a split second had a flash back to a time when she was much younger when she met a shaman and had a psychedelic experience by chewing flower pods. She recalled being flood in colored lights and when she ate her food she described the tastes as color. Then again these were most likely just beings pretending to be gods to hold and control their followers.

When @[member="Meret Blackmoon"] had spoken to him, he merely gave her his attention for the moment, hearing her words, remembering her face, and little more. When presented with the tray of cookies, Lucianus blinked, but did not take one. However, after a moment, seeing that other members of his contingent had accepted, he did so as well. Cookies were far from his usual fare, but he was aware that such things, on the very rare occasion, would do no harm.

There was nothing for him to say, but plenty to see. Another Sith Knight, @[member="Carré Inirial"], had eyed him with a perceptible measure of intrigue in her glance, to which he did little more than offer a nigh-imperceptible smile with the barest lifting of the corners of his mouth, along with one lofted brow. He then returned his attentions to the group as a whole, taking a small nip from the cookie, and failing to perceive the appeal of sweets, for not the first time in his life. The crumbs, at any rate, were bothersome.

Gods… gods were a thing in which he did not believe. All measures of religion, mono- and polytheistic, had never manage to capture his mind, and these that stood before them all, now, were no different. Yes, some were old, and yes, they would be as of yet more powerful than he, but that alone? Gods it did not make.

Adair took another small nip of the cookie, and fixed his focus on the meeting at hand, his eyes travelling now and again to the various individuals gathered, as they began to speak.

Vascious eyed Crystal as she took several steps past them and off to the side. He wondered briefly what thoughts drove the cogs in her head, but soon the arriving fringe delegates pushed that from his own. Immediately the old master could feel the power that their force users radiated as they began to enter the cabin. It was good that the Fringe took the Crusade seriously.

Truthfully the smells of the cabin had been lost upon Relens. His senses were sharpened by the force except for smell. That had been nullified by his sealed armor system. That didn't stop Kitt Solo from assaulting him first with her sweets. Her approach and her demonstration at the safety of her cookies quickly put a crack in Vascious' attempts at being nonchalant. The 6'8" bear of a man stared down at her silently for a few moments, but that was short lived as a chuckle escaped and he took a cookie.

Kalee's laughter helped to put the few Morossian guards at ease. Their god was amused rather than offended. Soon Rave began introductions. Like Solaiel, Vascious merely nodded his head in acknowledgement to the councilor without a word. It was naturally understood that Amorella had the aptitude with words that her fellow Aesir lacked.

Meanwhile the mandalorian couldn't help but to gaze at Rave's most intriguing color of hair. That and her purple eyes really were quite fascinating. Her youth didn't surprise him given the age of the female godess at his side, but perhaps he'd ask about her background after negotiations. She might have been related to Jorus Merrill.

So far the ice had yet to be truly broken as each group engaged each other more then they did across the proverbial table, and in truth Sargon didn't know where to began with the conversation. These were 'living gods' an idea he didn't believe in for a quarter of a second, but if they wanted to play the role, it wasn't his affair to bother trying to stop them. His role was the same as always, do whatever was best for the Fringe and it's people. Normally that would start with a good handshake, but were you allowed to touch a 'living god'?

Choosing a more neutral stance Sargon nodded across to the group of 'divine', "Greetings, lovely choice of a meeting place, has quite the feel to it. Thank you for this opportunity for positive relations to grow between our people." Religious cult thingy echoed in his mind, but he wasn't about to verbalize that, he wasn't sure if they even considered themselves a nation or simple devoted followers of various planets.

The act of being offered baked goods, nevermind the overwhelming aroma within the cabin, had caught Inari so off guard she nearly stuttered a remark. It was truly an odd thing - or perhaps an odd setting? She took a cookie, slowly and gently, and looked upon it as though she couldn't understand the gesture. She could, of course, and after a moment to catch up mentally with what just happened she took a bite.

Her eyebrows raised as she chewed, and Inari the Reviver offered their apparent hostess a warm smile from behind her silver mask, "Thank you. These are simply divine." Her smile drew coy for a moment at the inserted joke, turning as the remaining body of the Fringe delegation arrived. The Reviver drew a chair and a small plate to the seat she'd chosen and set the pastry down for later.

"Good day to you Councilors and Associates of the Fringe. We are Aesirs Inari, Neth, and Kalee, respectively," the woman indicated each with a motion of her hand, "and these are a few of our honored Crusaders and Acolytes," she directed a soft smile towards @[member="Zoey Marix"] and @[member="Crystal Carter"], and the group of others they stood amongst.

"I chose this location because it is, currently, one of neutrality and peace, a position in which we find ourselves in regards to one another. If it pleases the High Council and Associates of the Fringe, I should like to begin and I will be forthcoming. As our territories draw ever nearer to one another news of your war efforts have grown difficult to ignore. We do not deny the obvious power within the Fringe. What we seek here today is to extend our intentions of continued peace with you as well as open and growing relations. Is this something you would be amenable to?"

Matreya

@[member="Soliael Devin Talith"] @[member="Rave Merrill"] @[member="Zius Aurus"] @[member="Carré Inirial"] @[member="Lucianus Adair"] @[member="Helios Kingpriest"] @[member="Alen Na'Varro"]

A dark taint slowly spread across the surrounding territory as Penumbra, God of Darkness, Supreme Lord of Val'hala, walked forward. The powerful presence was dispersed amongst the Force around them, making it nearly impossible to track him with his Signature. Normally the Master would not even come to a meeting of nations, but he had - and with an agenda.

He was scouting a potential enemy, a power he had heard some things about. As Penumbra seemed to appear from smoke like shadows, he made sure to simply push them down rather then disperse them. The man was not going to begin a war, but he would not be foolish enough to let his guard down when he was around many beings of strength.

Crystal was munching an offered cookie when Aesir Inari spoke, introducing herself, the other gods and acknowledged her and the other followers. She nodded to those that looked in her direction, and went back to eating her cookie silently as she listened to Inari speak. Cutting to the chase, it was a method she respected. The Sith Princess disliked wasting her time and the time of those that she hoped to gain something from.

Now, she was amused and munched with interest. It wasn't often that the woman got to fill her sweet tooth and observe with amusement. She was going to enjoy this.

Nodding to the appearance of @[member="Penumbra"], the Zabrak didn't wait any longer for a voice to answer, he'd been the Fringe's lead diplomat for a long time before his period of solace, he could do it again. "Peace is always something we are interested in the Fringe Confederacy. Stronger ties through trade and mutual goals I find are the best way to do this, as for our war efforts, they've recently stepped up there can be no doubt. Unfortunately another power in the galaxy has awoken and the drums of war beat across the galaxy, one must be prepared for the worst. Personally I'd suggest we unite our future prosperity by increasing our trade, and as much as I find treaties aren't worth the time spent drawing them up, perhaps in this case a simple one would aid in declaring out official purpose of continued peace?"

@[member="Amorella Mae"] @[member="Spencer Jacobs"] @[member="Soliael Devin Talith"] @[member="Lucianus Adair"] @[member="Meret Blackmoon"] @[member="Lucien Cordel"] @[member="Rave Merrill"]

The Reviver's attention landed upon the zabrak with quiet intensity, nodding to his suggestion.

"Open trade between us is most welcome and encouraged. I believe drawing up a short treaty will suffice, Councilor Vynea. I have prepared a draft of what we seek in this union. I invite you to make any changes or addends." With a gentle, discreet nod to her side, Inari watched Priest Larue step from behind her seat where he had been attentively listening towards the Council Members at the opposite side of the table. He produced a holopad detailing the Crusade's side of the treaty in category headings reading Agreement of No Hostilities; of Open and Fair Trade; of Open Communications between parties; of Assignment of Ambassadors; of Institution of Embassies within the territory of each party; of Agreement Growth Potential via Military Aid at the approval of leadership; and lastly of Terms Liable to Change with the growth and evolution of each party insomuch that changes be made within accordance of leadership on both ends.

"What say you to these terms, Councilors?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom