Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion about a SWRP game

Everyone Hates Ronin

✧ Professional BSer ✧
Howdy y'all. I'm newer to the website and assume this is where this topic I wish to discuss would go so, here it is.

So I've been looking for a place to post this for awhile now, a lot of the other SW forums and such have either become extremely inactive or lack an RP community. I for one, don't completely favor the tabletop RP style. Y'know where it's all typed, you do dice rolls, so on so forth, kinda like this website. (I haven't looked much into it i must admit I don't know if you guys roll dice or anything, just saying. Apologies if you do not. :)) Anyways, I for one play a lot of DayZ on the RP servers, and that's more my style. Being able to walk around and interact vocally, actually see things rather then imagine them or only look at a still picture. However, I love Star Wars. I'd much prefer RP Star Wars, but there just isn't anywhere to do that in that style I've found. Now I know there's TOR and other games, but it just isn't the same in say MMO style games, because then everyone has that creativity block of needing to level to look a certain way, do certain things or whatever, I'm sure you all understand. So, onto my ultimate point in this, I'll simply ask first if there is a place I can do this style of RP if so please link me and I'll hop on that real quick! However, if not, I'd like to suggest if anyone on here is good with game development, they consider this idea. Or even if there is no one like that here maybe there is some way we can show a game company that this would be a massively good project to start. If we worked together that is. I'd like to hear others thoughts on this.
One last thing. I'll post a video here of my friends RP on DayZ, I do this as an example of what I mean for game play sorta.
Notice that there is only you, your inventory, the world, NPCs (Zombies in DayZs case.) and other players. No GUI hogging your screen, no level system, just you and what exist there and then. Think on it, it's mad cool!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dCsHWUnSKo

[member="Everyone Hates Ronin"]

There is absolutely no dice rolls here, at least mandatory. There are some for the Map Game, which have specific requirements, and makes the invasion thread or whatever it is get wild and become chaotic. Change up stuff for a more interesting experience. But the board is absolutely freeform and intended to let you roleplay what you want. Unless a lot has changed because I haven't checked on the rules, there's very little rules and restrictions. Don't play a banned species, don't powergame or force someone to do something or something on someone, be fair and balanced.

You can be a King, you can be an admiral, a small resistance cell, another han solo, a medical officer, an evil villain, an engineer or someone that constructs asteroid facilities, or mine asteroids, anything.

As for games, all I know is some people do TOR RP around here. But there exists unrelated Star Wars arma RP servers

Jor Kvall

Ain't found a way to kill me yet
[member="Everyone Hates Ronin"] Honestly the closest thing to what you're looking for would have been Star Wars Galaxies. It was more of an open world environment than SWTOR and much easier to roleplay there in the style you're looking for. Unfortunately, it's kinda dead...

I don't think we could ever develop a Chaos game like that. That would require resources beyond what anyone here has.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom