Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestion Diplomacy but War

My two cents about war at Chaos:
It seems like people just want more ways to expand territory without actually fighting for it. We have factions that are giant and just keep taking chunks of the galaxy by doing dominions and declaring peace with everyone so they aren’t actually at war. Honestly I don’t see much war in this Star Wars board these days. I might be totally wrong but the map seems stale and stagnate compared to when I first came here. I thought the map was supposed to represent the war aspect of the galaxy but these days it just seems to be ownership.

Would the proposed system be another way to gain territory without actual conflict? Or am I reading it way off?

Oh wait I re-read.

Is it basically like faction A and faction B decide ahead of time that faction A should win. So they do a battle for the story but no need to judge it etc because they already chose a winner? So still IC conflict just not OOC.

Last edited:
I like the idea. Hot take, but just do it with the current rules and see what happens.

Completed Diplomacy threads allow Major Factions to peacefully exchange hexes.
  • At any point, a Major Faction may negotiate for hexes from another Major Faction.

If both Factions agree that "peacefully negotiate" can refer to OOCly peaceful, not just ICly peaceful, I'd be surprised if Staff slams it.

For reference, I'm fairly sure it wouldn't be breaking any rules if two Majors decided that an Invasion would be settled by a rolling a dice, or a chess match between FOs, or whether or not it's a rainy day in a small English hamlet at the Invasion's closing date. They probably could just... do it.

It'd just have to involve one side conceding, is all.

Last edited:
867e12ed10ad2da375381f7fc608d1d6.gif

I like the idea. Hot take, but just do it with the current rules and see what happens.

I really don't see why it couldn't be done. It's been done in junctions threads, and a diplomacy isn't that much different. As long as the requirements are met and the two MFs agree with the storyline it shouldn't cause any problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom