Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Digging Through The Sands (Gean The Faceless)

"Who? Anyway, if I loosen the dirt with explosives, can you lift the fighter with the force -or something? I see the lightsaber on your belt, so you're a Jedi, right?"

*Gean begins sifting through his pocket for more of the exploding diodes.*

"Not important. Anyway, you be careful. That ship is almost priceless"
I looked at the belt on my outfit
"Of all the...I could probably lift it. So you were the one who caused that explosion."
I went up the stairs and tried to open the door to get access to the rest of the house. It was stuck
A lightsaber could be heard igniting followed by wood tumbling down and an extinguish

"You alright there? I'm placing the charges," Gean yells, repeating his scoop pattern over the area of a small fighter. Soon, all his charges are placed and armed for 4 minutes, upon which they nearly lift the village out of it cozy time-worn seat. Once the debris settles, there are chalky yellow patches showing under the upturned soil.

I came down the stairs "The door's open...WHOA!"
I almost fell in the crater made by the explosion
There it was, The Swallow-tailed Dove. I could see a note pinned to the upholstery, yellowed with age.
"THAT'S IT!" I exclaimed
I went up out of the basement and sat on my knees, shifting into a pose which looked like meditation

"Doesn't look like it'll run. There's a freighter going to Nar Shadaa, my home planet. If we sneak this thing into the cargo bay, we could hitchhike right into the bay of a mechanic I know. He'll fix it right up for free, I'm sure. Me and him have history -oh."

*Nefertari shoots a disarming glare at Gean and resumes her meditation.*

"Oh, right. Sorry."

The ground below Gean shook a bit as I used the force to lift the ship out of the hole in the ground. I turned it to fit out of the basement and set it on the ground outside.
"Now to find the other things I came for"

"Sure. In the mean time I'll make this ship a little less conspicuous for our bypass. The freighter guard will probably miss a ship like this when it's clean, but as of now it'll stick out like a flare."

*Gean collapses the ship's half-open landing gear with a sturdy kick and sends the vessel down with tinny thud. Now that Gean could climb about on top, he starts kicking clumps of dirt and rock off the exterior.*

As I headed up the stairs to the rest of the house, I stopped "Watch out, if R-3 is powered up, she won't thank you for kicking her."
I went up and through the now lightsaber-unlocked door. The floorboards creaked beneath me

"What?"

*Gean is blasted from the ship by a repulsive spurt. The ship's engines seize a bit and then die down.*

IGNORE THIS POST, I NEED TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO DELETE IT

WHYYYYYYYYY NOT?

(You can't delete it)

I stepped into what was once the servant's hall. The family had once had live servants. Because of a conspiracy, my father had fired most of them and purchased protocol droids to replace some of them. I walked through to the kitchen and grabbed some provisions that survived the test of time. Throwing them in an empty sack, I went up the stairs to the main part of the house.

[member="Gean The Faceless"] [member="HomeBrew"]

I barely heard Gean, I Force Bellowed down to him "Just a bit! I need to find some stuff!"
The first thing I found was A gilded black protocol droid. Some moss was growing on his shoulders. "Well if it isn't S-3DO. I'll come and get you later."
The first place I checked had been my father's study. I took a bag which no doubt contained a sword and searched through the drawers in the desk.
"Where is that holocron?!" I exclaimed. Eventually I noticed the book on the desk.
My suspicions were correct, it was hollow on the inside. I took the holocron and moved down what remained of the corridor to what had been my sister's room.

I opened the door, a couple teen sized sleepers were there. As I was about to leave, I heard something fall in the closet. I decided to check it out.
Tripping over the mess, I made my way into the room.

(Downstairs)
As Gean kicked the dirt off the ship, decorative paint was revealed. Soon, a light came on near the tail; followed by a whirring and several beeps.

*Gean barely notices the ship starting up, but garners a surprise in the back of his mind about the ship even running at all, considering its age and condition. He surmises that Nefertari is here to raid the ruins, and never actually lived here like she said, judging by the untouched decrepitude of the place. Gean knew of races that could almost indefinitely age, but Nefertari is clearly a human and couldn't be older than 30 or so, he thought. Gean unseals the cockpit with a strained push and takes a peek inside. The seats are seemingly untouched, but mold festers in the corners and seams of the seat, rendering a foul stench. Gean recoils a bit and tries to hold his nose while rummaging through the various compartments. Within one such nook, coursing a bright green, is a junior pilot's license with Nefertari's information on it. Gean pockets it and keeps looking.*

The thing in the closet was a child's safe. It wouldn't be the hardest thing to crack, but now was not the time. Giving it a shake and feeling the vibrations, I could tell I found what I came for.
I slid down the railing on the stairs, something I did as a kid, and grabbed the droid. It was then that I started the journey back down.

Downstairs
The whirs and beeps weren't the ship working, the astromech had rebooted. Her dome spun around, flinging a bit of dirt at Gean.

"Ack!"

*Gean frantically wipes the smudge off of his face and whips out one of his blasters, firing several shots at what he thought was a defense turret. Once he realizes what it is, he has an overwhelming feeling of being in trouble. The droid whirs around and bellows a wad of smoke, coughing shrapnel into the air.*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom