Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Digging Through The Sands (Gean The Faceless)

Digging Through The Sands
Chandrila has changed much in the six-hundred or so years since Nefertari Sovint left for the last time.
Knowing she needed to go back and recover what she could, Nefertari chartered a pilot to get her there.
What will she find in the forest which has taken over her family's estate?
Only one way to find out.

Chandrila, my home for years. After docking, the pilot headed straight for the bar at the cantina. I grabbed something quick and ran off into the woods. Even though many things had changed, I instinctively remembered where my old house was. Faint remnants of the old village were scarcely noticable from beneath dirt and tree roots. Some of them I recognized, this was certainly the right direction. Eventually I came up on a low crumbling wall. I had reached the edge of the grounds.

* Gean searches around a pile of rubble, looking for exotic plants he can use for his inventions. His dark clothes contrast sharply with the pale brown earth. He pulls clumps of vines aside and digs 4 small pockets in the damp sand about a meter apart each, in a square pattern, sticking bite-sized, shiny diodes into the recessions. They whir in place for a bit and begin beeping. After a good six beeps the diodes flare red. Gean realizes the timer was set for too soon and dives behind a pile of bricks as the pockets explosively blast dirt into the air, splattering wet earth onto the ground in a plume of dark smoke. There is now a deep, clean crater -about 10 meters across- scooped into the foundation of a long-since abandoned building, revealing a mud-flooded basement. Bits of furniture stick up from the murky gunk.*

* "That went better than expected," Gean thought.*

The explosion probably could have been heard from a mile away, I heard and saw the plume of smoke
"(Gunganese Expletive)"
I used my Force Speed, I didn't want things to get completely blown up.

I saw what was left of the mansion, it was about half ruins. In the distance I could see a man clad in black
"HEY!" I yelled at him, drawing my blaster pistol from its holster. "GET AWAY FROM THERE TRESPASSER!"
I took aim at the ground around his feet and fired a couple warning shots

[member="Gean The Faceless"]

"Trespasser?" Gean mutters, "Me?"

* Gean smells heat from the blaster and slips a flashbang from his coat, raising his hands in surrender. The flashbang creates a bloom of light bright enough to blind a normal person temporarily, but Gean's lack of eyes protect him from this. His arms dangle skywards as he attempts to conceal the flashbang in his grip.*

I saw the surrender pose.
Holstering my blaster, I went up to [member="Gean The Faceless"] and to calm him down, I used my mind trick.
Waving my hand at him I said "There is no need to be afraid. You will tell me who you are"

"I just followed the smell of degulga root. Why do you care?" Gean said, picking the dropped flashbang from the ground and stuffing it in his pocket. He shuffles towards his newly formed crater to enter the basement.

"I grew up here, these ruins technically belong to me" I said, following him into the basement

"I could tell you several things about this house. For example, you are standing in what was once storage space."

* As Nefertari talks, Gean starts looking for nooks and crannies that might incubate the plants he's looking for, while keeping an eye on the little mechanical bits embedded into the wall. They are decrepit and rusted to oblivion, but can still yield useful resources if ground or melted down.*

"All of that sounds like an alright haul, let's see what I can use here..."

* Gean flicks his stiletto knife out, scratching at the wall-bound metal and balanced squat on a table. The muck has yet to touch him, but his clothes are already layered with a veneer of dirt.*

"Oh, also, this may be an odd question, but what planet is this?"

* Gean stuffs some metal bits into a satchel and ties it up. Tilting his head upward, he sniffs a bit and then slings the bag over his shoulders.*

"I lost the scent of the root. That explosion probably blew it right up. So, why are you here, exactly?"

"This was my childhood home, I came to recover something If anything is left."
At the very least, there would be two holocrons and my old starfighter
"What exactly are you doing here?"

It was surprising that he wasn't suspicious that I said this place was my childhood home, even though I was being truthful.
"Some of my parents' possessions should still be here. My fighter should be here as well. I'll need it if I'm going to get out of here."
I'd changed into street clothes before I came. My legs were getting somewhat muddy
"This junk is disgusting"

"Well I know where it should be, in a hangar not to far from the house. However, 600 years is plenty of time for a ship to move...Not to mention develop problems."
I reached the stairs, my boots were pretty much wrecked.
"Besides, I need to find some things first."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom