Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Descent: Incursion Finale

Attn: [member="Incursion"] | [member="Onyx"] | [member="HK-36"] | [member="Enyo Typhos"] | [member="Caelag Vass"] | @Everyone Else
  • Throne Room
    The Machine, Contingency Facility

The warlord acknowledged [member="Caelag Vass"]' call for ammunition and responding by drawing the blaster pistol at his hip and throwing it to her. It wasn't much, but he did not have any other weapon to give her, or the time to think of a different solution, as [member="Onyx"] launched its devastating attack a split second later, the energy crackling like lightning. Wolfe barely managed to dodge behind one of the columns, but his mind was already working on a plan to deal with the monstrous enemy, or at least provide a distraction. Sprinting from column to column, he reached his destination, one of the columns to the side of the abomination, and slapped one of the breaching charges onto it.

At the same time, [member="HK-36"] began his attack, prompting a grin from Wolfe as he saw a potential opening. As he dashed away from the column where he set the explosive, he flung his second breaching charge at HK. "Slap this on that thing!" the warlord shouted, knowing that he himself would not be fast enough to throw it at Onyx before his shield closed again, but hoping that HK-36 might. The breaching charge was of a special design that would enable it to attach itself to any surface it was thrown at, or simply slapped onto. It contained a directional explosive normally designed to penetrate doors, bulkheads, or walls and create a sixty centimeter opening. In this case, Wolfe hoped it would be enough to sever one of Onyx's limbs, or at least damage it significantly.

To give the droid a chance to attack, Wolfe detonated the explosive he had set onto the column mere moments ago. Whether it would bring down the entire column on top of Onyx, or just throw some debris his way, the warlord knew it should at least provide a distraction.

[member="Kaili Talith"] [member="The Foreman"]

Allyson was more confused than ever and highly regretted not taking this week as a leave of absence from her work. Above all, she had gotten Kaili dragged into it. Why couldn’t they just have a chill week? Why did this Foreman dude decide to show up now? Don’t robots have better things to do? Annoying all of it and Allyson stared out and watched as everything occurred. Allyson moved about dodging whatever else was going on in the place and focused her mind on getting to Kaili.

They needed to get the heck out of there. Allyson made her way towards Kaili and grabbed her and pulled her up by her arm. Others seemed to be moving to chase this foreman and Allyson needed to get Kaili to safety. After pulling Kaili up, Allyson looked at the girl and forced a smile. “Scary eh? Let’s get out of here, fight off whatever is left and leave.” Tilting her head, she turned and shot one of the scuttling robots that seemed it was half dead.

“Unless you think we should follow that dude that threw stuff at you?”

[member="Aster Rose Baelor"], [member="HK-36"], [member="Tempest"], [member="Nima Tann"], [member="Vindica"], [member="Vaylin"]

Enyo ignored the plight of the Wolfsglaive as they were massacred while protecting Aster. The Princess seemed useless to her. The cyborg was not the type to babysit those who could not pull their weight. The strong thrived, the weak adapted or were crushed beneath their heel.

All the hostile droids were dead, excluding the colossal Shard. The energy shield protecting the colossus went down and a massive surge of lightning erupted from it. Enyo was fast, using her Terminatrix agility but she was still caught by the forking arcs of electricity and slammed into a column. Her armour's systems kept her from being killed by the lightning. But she was still damaged.

Then she got back up. A normal organic might have groaned or otherwise have made a sound that implied pain, but she was silent. The HK droid had charged ahead and performed a series of manoeuvres. Unlike him, Enyo did not waste time with making transmissions to tabloid gad flies. She was not interested in having her ego stroked. Onyx' shield was down, but would soon be up again. So quick action was required.

The colossus was big...as huge as Onyx' bloated ego. However, it would be extremely vulnerable if they managed to topple it. This would make the legs, and more specifically their joints, logical places to attack. However, the unit might have emergency systems to keep it from falling.

"Vaylin, Tann, you're agile. Try to get up close and cause damage. Go for weak spots. The shield unit must be destroyed" she said blandly...emotionlessly, pulling at the tangled web of power that was the Force. Wait, who the hell put her in charge? No one. She was just naturally bossy. In other words, like a stereotypical, overbearing big sister. Just ask [member="Amara Zarides"]. Anyhow, they needed to kill the damn thing. She continued building up power, while her mind focused on the giant's inner workings, specifically the deflector unit.

"You," by that she meant Vindica, though she had no clue what his name was. She was equally in the dark about the fact that Siobhan had fought him on Coruscant once. Small world, eh? Anyhow, he seemed to be good with lightning and telekinesis. That would be useful. "And Tempest hit from afar." In the Force, tendrils of energy swirled around her, then she unleashed a massive surge of mechu-deru towards the colossus' shield generator, aiming for an overload, ideally. Failing that, the shield being weakened in some manner would suffice as well.

Objective: Fight & Take out [member="Onyx"]
With: [member="HK-36"] | [member="Nima Tann"] | @Ylva Solveig | [member="Aster Rose Baelor"] | @Vindica | [member="Caelag Vass"] | [member="Tempest"] | [member="Enyo Typhos"] | [member="Kainan Wolfe"]

The Zabrak's efforts against the annihilator droid proved successful. Her blades carved through the weak points in its legs, severing them after several swings. After one leg was gone, the machine's attempts to attack were diverted and instead made it a priority to try and remaining standing. The erratic movements made it somewhat more difficult for Vaylin to stay on it.

She had to reaffirm her grip for a bit, waiting until she could leap over to the other side and began hacking away at another leg. Once that fell, the droid toppled forwards and slammed into the ground. It's two front legs were now gone, forcing it to stumble as it tried to balance its weight on its remaining smaller ones.

It left the machine at Vaylin's mercy, as she flipped over and plunged her lightsabers down and deep into the droid, twisting and turning them as it sputtered and groaned, sparks flying until it finally slumped to the ground unmoving.

But time was hardly on the Zabrak's side as she hopped down from the metal carcass. The floor beneath them trembled as Onyx began to make his move. Vaylin felt the Force slamming into her mind, warning her something was coming. So she began to run, knowing well enough not to just blindly charge forwards, and instead moved towards the colonnades on her left. Onyx's lightning-like attack poured out from his chest and tore across the floor of the throne room. The Zabrak was half way when it sparks of it slipped between the columns forcing her to have to leap over the gaps in between - feeling it cracking at her heels each time her feet landed on the untouched ground.

Once she had gotten to the end of the colonnades, Vaylin pulled the Force beneath her feet and propelled herself up and towards Onyx, she would attempt to strike while his shields were down. The Zabrak landed on the colossus' right arm, at least the one that looked like one and not the hammer/axe he had for the other. She managed to get a grip on his armor plating, hoisting herself up into the groove between it. Vaylin brought her lightsaber down at the inner joints, attempting to do some damage while she was there. Either way, once she felt the hum of the shield about to raise back up, the Zabrak hopped down and sped away a fair distance - enough to reach the others. She stopped with a skid, almost stumbling as her legs ached like hell. Vaylin was feeling the fatigue, physical exhaustion slowly creeping its way through her body as the battle pressed on.

Everyone else had taken the opportunity to strike while the shield was done, it was only a matter of whether which ones were effective. Vaylin looked over at Enyo, and nodded her head tiredly - trying to catch her breath.

[member="Kaili Talith"]
[member="Allyson Locke"]

“Agent Locke, this is the Scar of Ilum.”

Mara's voice emanated from...well, from thin air. Anyone who knew her well would hear pain, fatigue, but more happiness or satisfaction than normal.

“I'm your getaway driver. The Powers That Be want you exfiltrated soonest. The Scar is ready to meet you wherever you exit. It's a little hot or here, but manageable.” A pause. “Hi, Kaili. Sorry about the...yeah, sorry for everything. Get aboard, okay?”

[member="Mara D'Lessio Merrill"] // [member="Allyson Locke"]

It all came down to this then. A sizable task force had already left to follow the big mean droid that tossed heavy items at women, but there was really no telling how that one would go. One one hand there was responsibility and on the other there was the knowing of one’s own boundaries and limits. In retrospect perhaps Kaili shouldn’t have tried to stop a big hurling item and rather just stepped out of its path, but hindsight was ever as finicky as always. The blonde let in several deep breaths to think on what to do.

“We should foll-” Kaili started. Mara interrupted and the girl had to perk her brow at the timing. “We should go.” Kaili nodded at Allyson. “Hi, Mara. Thank you, and… Never mind. We’ll talk about it later.”

It would be all the more obvious that Kaili wasn’t at her full capacity. Her voice seemed slow, her attention lingering. Her arm didn’t let go of Allyson’s shoulder and her legs felt weak as if she had let herself buy into the idea of her own fatigue a bit too much. One foot dragged itself forward towards where they had come from and another one after that.

“We need to get to her ship.” The obvious had to be stated. “I don’t care what happens here, but I do know that if I am to die,” Morbid, but it kept the blood pumping. “It would be next to the woman I love and the friend that always had my back.”

“Let’s go.”

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Jess followed [member="The Foreman"] up a long conduit road. Bursting through clouds and ashes of micro guardians as she went.

"Onward!"

Came her cry. She enshrouded herself in glowing light and charged straight through another animated robot form. Bursting it asunder was another staggering blow. SMASH! Her empowered form cut right through. Blue blade shimmering against the smoke and fire that followed. The small robot amalgamations never had a chance.

"...We're not done yet!"

​* * *​
With the smoldering heaps of metallic guardians behind her, Jessica rushed up the long conduit road. Past it's marvel constructions and dashing right over it's delicious diamond-plated details. She cared not for it's wonders nor it's sheer spectacle. The Force was pushing her onward. Upward. Straight to the top. She had to catch up to this devious Foreman machine. Least all the worlds and all the stars wink out for good.

"Halt pale creature!" She called ahead.

Jessica, the others, and The Force had come to stop him. This decent into madness was nigh undone.

Nima Tann

Master of Her Own Destiny
The lightsaber impaled the droid from the back, immediately deactivating it. Nima took a breath of relief. It was too close. Regaining her strength, she jumped from the hole, only to see their adventure wasn't quite done yet even though all opposition seem to be neutralized. Well, almost all. The giant golem which was watching their battle from afar, was now engaging them in combat. A wave of strong energy was coming their way, and suddenly Tempest appeared in front of her, creating a barrier for both. Nima concentrated on the Force to strengthen the shield, and even with both Masters it was difficult to keep the energy away from them.

Next, Nima heard the voice of their mysterious aid, her voice was almost robotic, but still had a familiar tone. Anyway, it wasn't the time to find out just yet. Now that the giant was distracted and its shields were down, it was the time to strike. It required quite the speed as the shields were going to activate soon, so, taking her lightsaber from the deactivated droid's chest, she started running towards the giant, passing the colonnades in the opposite direction of [member="Vaylin"] and using them as cover against the golem's electrical attack. Once she was close enough, she launched at the left arm of the golem which looked like a weapon of some sorts, and after landing started climbing towards the shoulder quickly. The shield was about to reactivate, she could sense it.

The road to its shoulder was long, and had its difficulties passing through, but at last she arrived at her destination. Examining its armor and her next plan of action, Nima noticed that there was a small space between the shoulder and the arm, and inside she could see some cables. So, she immediately activated her lightsaber and swung it towards the cables from the gap several times until she was sure she destroyed what she could see, and then it was the time to get out. After she ran all the way downwards to where she landed the first, she jumped, enhancing herself with the Force in order to quickly get inside the shield that her allies created. The landing was quite painful for the legs, but they were fighting against a giant so the pain seemed irrelevant.

Hopefully, she managed to do some damage.

[member="Enyo Typhos"] [member="HK-36"] [member="Tempest"] [member="Vindica"] [member="Aster Rose Baelor"]

I'd been working my way through guardians, and trying to keep pace with Miss Matthews. Now coming up alongside her once more after having dealt with ridiculous amounts of gravity wells I said "You certainly move quickly Miss Matthews." Holstering a pistol I pulled my aqua saber and ignited it with a snap-hiss. Miss Matthews may not care for diamond plated things but I did at the very least it'd make a hell of a story how I came by them. Tapping the blade of my saber to the diamond surface three times in quick succession I placed a horizontal cut along the diamond surfaces freeing them. Switching my handle on my blade to my dominate right hand I gathered the segments of diamond plated grandeur up and stashed them in my gear bag along the left side of my armor as I deactivated my blade. It'd taken but three seconds and in that three seconds Miss Matthews was still going for the Foreman.

Sighing I activated the jets in my boots and closed the distance to Miss Matthews. Dropping to a knee I shouldered my Omen Rifle and fired three bursts off at the fleeing figure. Acid, incendiary, Ion first burst. Disruptor, kinetic, acid. Second burst. Acid, disruptor, Incendiary. Third burst. I saw the bursts strike the fleeing figure....He was still going....of course he was. Looking at Miss Matthews I said "He isn't slowing down Miss Matthews. I'm more for clean solutions but seems it might be time to bring this whole place down on him. Prevent him access to whatever he's going towards blow the entrance to it closing it off forcing him to face us himself." To illustrate my point I tossed a grenade launcher towards her complete with a bandolier of grenades I unbuckled from my waist. Then I activated the explosive discs in my wrist mounted lanvarok launcher and nodding toward Miss Matthews I said "Time for a merry and final chase I think Miss Matthews."

[member="Jessica Matthews"] ~[member="The Foreman"]

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Jessica enjoyed a free grenade launcher in her quest to catch up with [member="The Foreman"] . All thanks to the explosive mind of [member="Andorreth Vikar"] .

"Oh!" Jess gasped as she clutched the metal cylinder to her chest. Vikar had tossed her a grenade launcher. Ooo. And an ammo belt for it too. Fascinating. ...Well, ahem. In all good truth. The more explosions the better. Thusly. The Adept Master smiled and leveled the launcher at the poor retreating robot,

"Well. When in Rome..."

Smiling as Miss Matthews took the grenade launcher and bandolier I looked towards a door the Foreman was moving quickly towards I snapped the belt of grenades into place and began firing sticky 'nades at the door frames for good measure I fired a few more toward the Foreman and his general area. I watched as Miss Matthews began firing her own grenade launcher at the fleeing robot. No retreat, and no escape for this one. All that was left for it was to stand and fight us. Looking at Miss Matthews I said wryly "And the others said issues couldn't or shouldn't be solved with explosives....."

[member="Jessica Matthews"] ~ [member="The Foreman"]

Omega

Event Account
[member="HK-36"] [member="Aster Rose Baelor"] [member="Enyo Typhos"] [member="Nima Tann"] [member="Vindica"] [member="Caelag Vass"] [member="Vaylin"] [member="Ylva Solveig"] [member="Kainan Wolfe"]

HK
Unfortunately, HK had made a miscalculation. An understandable one, certainly, but still potentially severe.
When he hurled his spear, the weapon did impact, but the thick plates meant it struck and cracked the plate aiming at, but in return the spear shattered into fragments.
His miscalculation though was that the shielding was not projected from within the machine’s body, rather it was a shield covering the whole throne room. What HK had identified was merely part of the systems which governed when the shield dropped. This was not damaged, but the plate protecting it had been cracked.

As HK cannonballed himself forward, he came across his next problem. HK was immune, through various doodads, to most elemental damage. Lightning, he had his shield, fire and ice without being extremes would not destroy him. However, there was one power the droid would have no protection from; telekinesis.
As he flew forward, Onyx summoned his massive strength in the Force and used it to deflect HK, throwing the droid with increased force into one of the pillars. The droid would likely survive, but even HK was not immune to good old blunt force hammering.

Unfortunately this also meant the breaching charge [member="Kainan Wolfe"] had thrown HK would not have reached its destination. Would explode? Would it be blasting the right way? Only time would tell.

Wolfe

The breaching charge on the column did throw up a cloud of debris which pattered against Onyx’s armour like hail.

It did one other important thing too; it showed where the shield projectors were hidden. Inside the four pillars closest to the throne the shield projectors were designed.

Kainan had destroyed one, and [member="HK-36"] had unintentionally been thrown into another, destroying it too. Two down, two to go.

Enyo

Amara Zarides knew all about her sister’s ‘assertive’ personality, the code often used instead of ‘bossy’. Still, it wasn’t all bad because Enyo generally knew what she was doing.

In this case, she was able to use the power of space magic to overload one of the remaining two projectors.

However, in reply she would get something unusual of her own – Onyx used Mecha Deru on her in reply. It made sense, they were both very similar, except he had been brooding over machines for nearly nine centuries. And so, with the power of his own space magic, he struck at her, using his power to attempt to seize up her limbs and most importantly to destroy the vital process keeping her brain alive.
Even if he did not succeed, it would hopefully keep her distracted.

Vaylin

Like she was an annoying gnat, Onyx had swatted at the Zabrak as she landed on his arm, but her boldness had paid off when the lightsabre pieced a joint. It was not a critical hit, but it had made his right arm considerably more difficult to use, harder to move quickly.

Nima

Like with Vaylin, but in this case even more, the damage to the left arm had left it sluggish. Indeed, the left arm could now barely move at all. She had been far too nimble to get caught though, and so had gotten away before the shield had activated.

ALL

Only one shield projector remained, tethered on the pillar. However, with only one quarter of the power, the shield was permeable, it could be overwhelmed by a sustained attack from several persons. Or they could wait until the shield dropped again.

In response Onyx unleashed a power which would attempt to affect all the organics in the room. Specifically, those at Far Harbour like [member="Nima Tann"] would remember the intense mental pain which would spike into their head. The feeling would be akin to acid or fire inside the brain, a terrible pain worse than any migraine.

Those able to block themselves or resist it could do so with effort. It was clear though, they needed to take down the monstrous engine’s last shield pillar and then disable the machine itself.

Nima and Vaylin would likely be encouraged by their assault, and might well see the ability to strike hard once more, whilst the others might take advantage of the cracked armour plate. Others still might strike at the head.

Co-ordination was key, and with the correct cascade of events the monster might be defeated.

• PVE Anti-Onyx Group (Terminal)

Caelag only barely managed to react at all in time, jumping up over the cover she was in... and managing to drop the blaster thrown her way in the rapid move to the pillars for cover. She couldn't really be blamed for that, all things considered, and she'd apologize later if they lived. For now, she wanted to focus on taking this behemoth down, it was surprisingly agile when it came to its size, but things like that couldn't keep up with the number of combatants present all at once. Not to mention the haze of energy surrounding it, the barrier, was growing weaker. She bit the inside of her lip, trying to decipher what was causing the weakening.

The breaching charge, HK's less than graceful impact to a pillar, it was a bit of a stretch but logical enough to assume the generators had to be inside the pillars of the room. Caelag took the time to breathe, focusing on the flow of energy in the room. The swirling mess was, difficult to decipher, especially with the intense pain that was bubbling, boiling over in her head. Fire, acid, it was as though her head was melting slowly under the strain, and it didn't take force sensitivity to realize that this was a force ability of some sort. Trying to remain focused and calm, she began to do the only thing she could think of to focus her thoughts and her sight. She mentally began to clean her rifle, taking it apart slowly to clean each and every piece, carefully and slowly. It was difficult, very difficult, but slowly she was beginning to gain enough of a foothold in her focus to continue. And the more she focused the more she could 'see' what she needed to trace. The interior of the pillars that had generators were, muddier than the others. There was more elaborate mechanisms, of course, and her sight that pierced through could pick out the right pillar, she just needed the time...

"Cover me, I can take that thing's shield down. I can pick out the right pillar, I just need the time to get to it." Of course, that gave her plan away to Onyx, but it wasn't like she could radio them all privately over a secure channel. So this had to do. Lifting the blaster rifle in her hands, she loosed a barrage of bolts as she moved to the discarded breaching charge, picking it up as she loosed a last bolt. How many had she fired? At least half her bolts, which meant 250 minimum shots since she began firing before the thing's electric field attack. Though it was likely most of the shots missed, since she was aiming for suppressing fire, not accuracy.

She let the rifle rest in a sling in front of herself, as she began to sprint from pillar to pillar, trying to get a good feel for each as she moved. No, no... no.... which pillar was it? She bit the inside of her lip as the pain in her head continued to muddle the situation more and more, making the task she chose to undertake even more difficult. Yet, eventually she was starting to get an idea where it was, and you could almost see her excitement rise as she approached one pillar, and die as she suddenly started looking between one and another. Which... which one was it? She was almost certain it had to be one of these... but she only had the one charge. Well that and... She sighed and slapped the charge on one of the pillars.

"I can't tell which of these two pillars it is but I think it's one of them. Blast the charge, I'll handle the other." Lifting her right hand up at the pillar without a charge on it, she pressed the button on her wrist, firing her one and only wrist rocket to impact the piece of architecture, as she moved away from the pillar with a charge. Immediately following would be her left hand darting to her side, grabbing the rapier hilt resting there, before drawing her white lightsaber, and plunging the 'elegant' weapon immediately into the impact point her rocket had made. If nothing else, hopefully she or the breaching charge would take out the generator. If not well, her head was too muddled by pain to use her trick again.

[member="Aster Rose Baelor"] | [member="Vindica"] | [member="Nima Tann"] | [member="Onyx"] | [member="Incursion"] | [member="Enyo Typhos"] | [member="Tempest"] | [member="Kor Vexen"] | [member="HK-36"] | [member="Vaylin"] | [member="Captain Ironbeard"] | [member="Kainan Wolfe"]

Tempest

Storm of the Force
[member="Caelag Vass"] [member="Enyo Typhos"] [member="Nima Tann"]

Tempest didn't care that the clone, or HRD or whatever it was of Siobhan was ordering her. She was not listening to anything from any stranger. No one was giving her orders - though she would listen to Nima's advice and hear faux Siobhan's words. She wouldn't necessarily obey though.
Regardless of the semantics, Tempest ended up doing what the clone had wanted her to do.

As Caelag dealt with the last shield generator, Tempest was able to turn her attention to Onyx himself.
With the shield wavering she was about to strike it with all her strength when pain, pain seared through her skull. She let out a little scream and clutched her head.

Tempest was stubborn though. Stubborn…sometimes foolishly so. In all things she had one mantra she repeated at times like this.
I am not weak.
She stood. She didn’t remember falling down.
I am not weak.
Putting herself to defence, she was still able to unleash a blast of lightning sufficient to overload the shield when combined with Caelag’s firepower. If that worked, she would continue to direct her power directly at the droid overlord.

The way was open for the others to hit Onyx directly whilst there was still time.

[member="Tempest"], [member="Caelag Vass"], [member="Nima Tann"], [member="Vaylin"], [member="HK-36"]

Enyo was fine with being called bossy. She liked to think of herself as assertive. She was convinced that she knew best and others would be better off if they did as she told them to. In other words...she was like her template. Sio was just nicer about it because she wanted people to like her, whereas her clone did not give a damn.

Anyhow, on with the plot. The combined strikes of the intrepid band of misfits had been successful in weakening the huge Shard in a number of ways. But it was not dead yet. Like a cornered beast, it lashed out. Suddenly, Enyo was seized by the unnatural power that she herself wielded so prodigiously.

Mechu-deru - not mecha-deru.

It seized her limbs, blowing up circuits and tore into the vital processes that kept her brain alive. For though she was more machine than woman, her brain was still organic. It was only kept alive through twisted science, keeping her in a state of limbo, not quite dead but also not alive.

The temperature spiked inside her brain jar. For the first time ever since the fight had began, she felt true agony. The hybrid found herself on the ground, trying to fight the unnatural attack. Her HUD flared up and the screen was filled with warning signs. She was flooded with information about system damage, but unable to process it. Then the screen turned white. It felt like she was dying, as if the cold embrace of Death had seized her in an iron grip and would not let go. As sparks flew, she remained on the ground, limp like a doll.

Then she arose and got back to her feet. The Force flowed through her as she purged herself of the infection. Her stance was shaky, but she stood. Her vision had suffered, but she drew upon her sensors and cameras in the room to compensate.

Onyx had spent almost nine centuries brooding over machines. Had he almost died in an orbital bombardment when turbolaser fire rained down upon him from the heavens? Had he been crippled, brainwashed and abused as a living weapon? Had he died and been brought back? No he had not - but Enyo had. She had broken her chains and struck down those who oppressed her. For she had forged in the fires of the Age of Steel.

Pain and suffering had made her stronger. So she pit her own power against his, launching a furious onslaught upon the insane Shard. The target of her mechu-deru energies were the circuits of his limbs and the linkage between his mind and the body. She could not destroy the crystal directly right now, but she could go for the connections between it and its bloated body.

Caelag and Tempest were already doing their part to deal with the gargantuan golem's shield. "M-maintain the pressure. Its armour is c-cracked." Perhaps her vocabulator had been damaged a bit. "Vaylin, go for another r-round. Tann, turn its m-mental voodoo against it." Onyx was no more a pure machine than she was. Being a Shard, he could be hurt mentally.

Nima Tann

Master of Her Own Destiny
Their mysterious aid was a bit bossy, that was true. But her plans worked and helped them deal considerable damage on the colossus.

With their collective efforts, the shields weren't going to last that long. The golem was vulnerable to attacks now that it's armor was cracked, but it didn't mean that it was completely defenseless. She felt a familiar pain in the back of her head, like thousand needles impaling her brain repeatedly. Nima took deep breaths in order not to lose her calm, closed her eyes and put up her mental shields. It was difficult to deal with it completely, but she could reduce the effects to a nasty headache.

Meanwhile, she reached to everyone telephatically and tried to help them ease the pain, and then proceeded to check if everyone was alright. It was then she was struck with a feeling as if someone's life force suddenly disappeared and reappeared for a brief second, and saw their mysterious aid on the ground, slowly standing up. What... happened just now? It seemed there was so much to learn about her.

"You al..." Before she could finish her sentence, the woman spoke again.

"Tann, turn its m-mental voodoo against it."

"How do you..." So many questions raised in her mind because of that sentence, but she didn't press more, at least for now. More important matters and all that. So she nodded instead and concentrated on the mental attack, which was presumably still present. She opened her mind and pain hit her, but it was a necessary step to find the source. One watching her from afar would think that she was having a seizure, her nose was definitely bleeding after a while.

She would then find the link eventually, leading her to a crystal. She linked herself to the source, and now she was alone with the mind of their attacker. It was a risky move, if the golem was stronger than expected, but she was confident that she would manage.

"Here you are."

With that, she redirected its mental attacks back to itself, and added her own to create enough distraction to find out more about their plans. Especially this "Machine", and how they could stop it.

[member="Enyo Typhos"] [member="Vaylin"] [member="HK-36"] [member="Caelag Vass"] [member="Tempest"]

[member="Andorreth Vikar"] [member="Jessica Matthews"]

Some had fled. Others had followed.

At the sound of the whistling round the Foreman hunkered down low. He wasn't trying to escape; he had reached his goal. It was the most fragile conduit that had not been fully repaired. Grenades detonated around him but he stayed firmly in place. He used his own body to shield the gouge in the side of the column they had been working to repair.

Slowly he turned and drew himself up. At first his form was obscured in the smoke. Then the furnace of his heart burned bright and his eyes blazed with anger.

No warning was given, no threat nor offer. The Foreman changed, but not in a straight line. He angled to his right and started to spiral around the outside of the column. 'Down' here was always towards the centre of the column so the Foreman could bound towards them on all fours whilst trying to stay on the opposite side of the structure and out of their line of sight.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Jessica and [member="Andorreth Vikar"] now faced the full wraith of [member="The Foreman"] . Balancing the world. Tittering themselves upon the dizzying physics of a long conduit road and the wraith of the machine.

Violence came for them but the Force could not be fooled. Her religion was not so easily bemused. Look there. It called. Past the charging fire. There. The broken strip of conduit. The rummaging parts laid bare. That was the key. Something unfinished. Something so near complete. But no. Something that must not be allowed to be. Something that had to be stopped.

Jessica grimaced at the Foreman's advance. Merely a distraction to her mind now.

"Vikar! Keep him busy! I'm going for the gorge."

She tossed her empty launcher aside. It chimed a harsh thud as the launcher struck the hard ground. Almost as harsh as the sound of Jessica's running boots against the cold stone road. Flying now. She leapt into the air with the power of the Force and swept herself over to the unfinished precipice. The chip in the devil's armor. The unfinished key. Her feet graced it's edge so softly. Her goal so firmly and well enriched. She was ready. They were of one mind now. Fate of the Shards be damned. Yes. She was ready now. Let what kingdoms come.

"Now! Show me, o' Force. Guide your pale servant's hand! Finish this and be done with it!"

Jessica raised her brilliant blue blade, eye aflame with power. Letting the natural world flow through her. Letting destiny guide her hand.

"And let all the oppressors of this galaxy know! We are one! ...WE RESIST!"

SMASH!

​* * *

And so fell a blow mighty like thunder. Rushing and powerful as Caladbolg herself.
With the power to split their world in two.

Oh lovely we'd REALLY pissed it off....Matthews yelled at me to keep it busy and I had all of a second to react. Triggering my lanvarok launcher I began launching magnetic discs toward shim that happened to be coated in high explosive residue. Triggering the detonators I watched as small razor keen explosions took effect damaging his armor. Calling my aqua saber to my left hand I ignited the blade with a snap hiss and shouldered my omen rifle on my right side. Running into a slide on my beskar shin guards I aimed up as The Foreman rose and began firing targeted bursts directly at the places the magnetic explosives had wreaked havoc on. Disruptor, acid, incendiary, ion, kinetic. I wasn't about to let Miss Matthews down, let alone deal with that.....thing herself. Then I heard Matthews shout a payer to The Force and a fierce battle cry as her sky blue blade dove into the the column. Then a smash.... "Fierfeck'la Osik!" Well as suitable an exclamation as any. I looked through my helm to see Miss Matthews hoping she'd not made a martyr of herself.... Odds were she'd probably be a bit dazed at least.

All I could do at this point was to keep the Foreman busy and catch Miss Matthews should she be falling away form the gorge or be blown clear. Inverting my saber in my left hand I sank to a knee and kept up controlled bursts on The Foreman hoping that I wouldn't end up needing any more help....

[member="Jessica Matthews"] [member="The Foreman"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom