Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestion Decrease Minimum Post Requirement for Invasions

I feel as if the bar is fairly low at the moment. It shouldn't be difficult to reach 100 posts in two weeks, especially given an invasion that launched yesterday has already crossed the hundred post mark.

:: HERO of KORRIBAN ::
I feel as if the bar is fairly low at the moment. It shouldn't be difficult to reach 100 posts in two weeks, especially given an invasion that launched yesterday has already crossed the hundred post mark.

Not only this, but that it only applies if ten writers are present... that's the first bench mark to hit...

I dunno, I feel like 100 posts in 2 weeks is pretty much the "normal" activity of a very slow invasion, anything lower than that is more of a sign that one of the two factions isn't really participating.
This^^ in all seriousness.

IMO, just my two cents: An invasion should hold a little more weight than a Junction or a Dominion. A hundred posts total between "two" Major Factions in two weeks shouldn't be super tough. If you find yourself worried about coming up short or having difficulties, perhaps try communicating with your staff team/members and the opposition to host it at a convenient time for the both of you. Maximize posting ability/avoid burnout. (Example, perhaps skip a Dominion/Junction in favor of prioritizing the Invasion. Let it take that thread's place.) Planning ahead can bring hype and can also lighten the post load to make the event a success. We've seen this work really, really well with Annihilations.

Invasions only require slightly more than the amount for a Dominion (per side) and that doesn't seem to be an unreasonable ask. It's essentially 50 per faction if both sides are putting in the elbow grease. If the goal is to allow hexes to change hands more freely there are other ways to go about it such as Consolidation or Diplomacy threads. These get sorely underused but could have a similar effect, with the added benefit of being something different. The tools to shake things up are there but I think they get lost or forgotten in the wake of cool-sounding threads like "Invasion" or "Annihilation."

Different is gud, spice of life, everyone likes something that isn't currently being "seen" or frequently done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom