Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dear Factions: Moar Bounties Please

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
There's people running around that should have pretty substantial bounties and don't. My characters, others' characters, many characters. Let there be bounties. Plz.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Darth Vornskr"]

Oh shush. The Republic put a hundred million on you. Granted, it took them like a year and you're basically the only one they've ever bountified personally...

[member="Ember Rekali"]

I think the reason bounties aren't emphasized so much is because bounties never really get collected. Oftentimes, it feels a little pointless because most players won't let their characters die, and usually the bounty hunters end up getting the short side of the stick in such RPs. The Forcies especially don't like being told their characters can be beat by a guy without magic. And a lot of people conveniently avoid open threads once they become wanted.

Personally, I've only ever seen one thread in which a bounty was killed... and the money wasn't even collected because a Forcie just jump-spawned into the combat and took over the show.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Skrik Piper"]

Well, there's truth to that, but I've collected plenty of bounties and had them collected on me, on this board. There's room for the community to grow.

Ember Rekali said:
Well, there's truth to that, but I've collected plenty of bounties and had them collected on me, on this board.
You're pretty lucky. I haven't seen many targets actually welcome the idea.

The Bounty Board actually has quite a few postings now. I haven't seen any of the kills cashed in yet, though.

Ember Rekali said:
There's room for the community to grow.
Agreed.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
I have three different unclaimed bounties. Either no one has beef with me or it's just that nobody's interested. A lot of bounties are quickly forgotten that way.

Usually what ends up happening though is that the only bounties taken are the ones with really popular characters or really high-end rewards. Sure, the small ones last, but they never take priority.

There should be rewards for veteran hunters. Even if it's just ribbons and medals like the Mandalorians/SJO/TSE.

[member="Countess Xyhn"]

The end problem is still that no one wants to let their characters go. Bounty hunters can't thrive if everyone is private threading or playing invincible.

It's hard to blame people for being attached to their characters. But people who make stupid or galaxy-changing choices should accept the risks involved if they commit those acts. There are natural consequences to everything.

Skrik Piper said:
And a lot of people conveniently avoid open threads once they become wanted.
I typically avoid open threads even when I'm not wanted. Mainly since someone will always throw a bounty out for something I may or may not have done regardless. This is manhunt number... Nine, I think.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Skrik Piper said:
The end problem is still that no one wants to let their characters go. Bounty hunters can't thrive if everyone is private threading or playing invincible.
Not every bounty is a kill, and not every employer is a killer.

I wish someone would have put a bounty on Ven or one of my others at some point.
Personally, I think it would be fun to write a character on the run. And (as long as the bounty wasn't for a dead person) I'd be totally fine with being captured. Every twist, every turn that RP takes should be embraced. We aren't here to write a book, to control every aspect of the story. The beauty of this is that we get to influence each other's tales. And have ours be influenced as well.

Part of me wants to just go out, make a bad character right now, do some bad things, and wait for a bounty.
Because it would be pretty damn fun to write.
But I have enough characters as it is. I'll just make one of 'em do bad things (within what they could reasonably accomplish, of course).
Let's hope I get a bounty!
*crosses fingers*

Ven'Rain Sekairo said:
I wish someone would have put a bounty on Ven or one of my others at some point. Personally, I think it would be fun to write a character on the run.
I feel ya. I'm proud of Geneviève making the Galaxy's Most Wanted this month, and I agree that the thrill of being on the run is just too exciting to want to miss out on.

Honestly, though, Gen's bounty came from an unexpected source. She got target by Rave because one of Rave's allies got attacked. I had no idea the two people were connected. So that's what I'd recommend, Ven: Don't mess with the big brother. Mess with someone who has big brother watching out for them. :D

Rave's like the best storebror* a søster** could ask for.
I think it's time to mess with the yngre søsken***.
:devil:

*big brother; Norwegian
**sister; Norwegian
***younger sibling; Norwegian

[member="Skrik Piper"]
Fordi jeg er norsk, ja.
Though I wouldn't trust all of that translation. Unfortunately my Norwegian parents did not teach me much Norwegian, and the internet is not always trustworthy in tasks such as the speaking of foreign languages.

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
Could always try to make the reward being something other than credits, might be an extra incentive for people to get their ass into gear. When it's about hunting bounties, of course, not the putting 'em up in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom