Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Dealing in the dark

Masked men in dark armour loaded up the cargo onto his ship on hovering pallets as Crosten looked on, arms folded as he supervised. After all, his job was making the trip; he’s a smuggler, not a box-mover. He didn’t know what they was loading nor was he paid to. He could only think to himself that whoever said ‘knowledge is power’ wouldn’t have lasted a week in his field of work. Knowing too much was a prime means of death in this career, and he was happy to keep his level of ignorance to survivable levels.

Only when the last of the cargo had been loaded onto his ship did the elderly man who had hired his services hand him the destination he was to take this cargo to.

“There? You got me shipping this all the way out there?”

"Well. Why do you think we pay so handsomely? I had the budget to hire the best. You are the best, aren’t you?”

Crosten merely gave him a stare at the inquiry. He could read between the lines and gave an unwilling nod of the head. He didn’t quite like this, things didn’t line up. Only the money made up for it.

“Yeah, I’ll get your stuff where it needs to go. Guaranteed.” he replied, dryly.

“No opening the cargo. And under no circumstances are you to jettison! We don’t care what legal-”

“Didn’t you just say you hired the best? I didn’t get here by being some coward who drops at the slightest fright.”

“...Good. You’ll do the job. That’s all you need from me, your payment awaits you at your destination, brave smuggler.” the older man replied before he and his minions departed from the ship, leaving Crosten to climb back on board with the unknown cargo loaded up.

Jax Thio Jax Thio

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

aSITfd.jpg

Jax has been searching for Darth Osmos for weeks now with no luck. There has been an increase of drug overdoses in the lower levels of Courscant over the months which concerned the NJO. Jax was a little surprised that the Order took an interest in the drug wars that waged in the lower levels normally they would avoid sending Jedi there either due to resource problems or they just had other things to pursue like settling affairs between nobles, the Sentinel division of the NJO were the only people who were constantly patrolling the area usually in disguise. However when the nobility were starting to get affected starting with the death of multiple teenagers during a party at the upper levels is when the Jedi took action. How sad that the Jedi paid attention to only to ones with the biggest pockets then again it was their tax money that was paying for the temple but still. When Jax started his investigation, going through the lower levels and interrogating anyone who knew about the drug trade it turned a Sith Lord was the one who supplied the gangs with drugs to distribute to citizens.​
Darth Osmos was his name and the only lead that Jax had was a partial transmission that the SIA intercepted saying that the Sith Lord was awaiting a package from a Smuggler in Vassek. Might as well track it and see where this goes, it wasn't like Jax had better leads. His mission was to go in and subdue Darth Osmos and find out why he was distributing drugs. Jax guided his Clone Wars Era Jedi Starfighter to Vassek's surface, landing in the forest. "I'll find a way out of here," Jax said to BB-12. "Go back to Coruscant tell the Council that I've arrived."​
He can already sense the Sith Lord's presence and no doubt that he can since him, sighing Jax watched his Starfighter rise up and accelerate into space followed by the flock of birds cawing at a distance. The building was straight ahead, and The Jedi frowned as he began to move through the forest. He hadn't crossed blades with a Sith in a while and for a moment he felt a rush of excitement at the prospect of crossing blades with one. Yet he still had to focus the mission came first and Jax needed Darth Osmos alive.​
"It'll be pretty cool though," Jax mumbled walking through the forest approaching the entrance. "This Osmos fracker better give me a reason to use my Lightsaber."​

Once he boarded his ship and locked the door Crosten wasted no time in heading straight to the cockpit. As much as he loved the money, he just plain didn't like these folks for reasons he couldn't quite place his finger on. Which is saying something, considering the unsavoury sorts of people he tended to keep company with. Never too close though; and he was already quite sure he didn't care to be any closer to the folks he just met.

Just a delivery; one trip to make and a whole lot of cash to come from it. The motivation of credits ran through his mind as he prepared his ship for takeoff, coding in the destination of 'Vassek' as he set the ship for the course. Not too long after the engines roared to life, and Crosten was on his way towards the skies with his body pressed back in his seat. The accellerating ship he piloted climbed through the clouds until breaking free of the atmosphere and crossing over into the dark, star-filled expanse of interplanetary space.

Once he was finally able to cruise, he could relax. Have a brew, read some books. But first he'd head to the cargo hold, despite any lack of reason to. He didn't dare open up the shipment, that would do no good. Great way to trade a paycheck for new enemies, and he didn't need any more of the latter. The smuggler merely wondered what secrets they'd contain, and wonder turned to fret. Their contents sure didn't matter if he couldn't check them; all he could hope for was to be rid of them soon. The aforementioned beer and book would be help do exactly that.

In due time, the navigation systems would beep and wake the slumbering Crosten. They were close, and he'd need to take to the pilot's seat again for the approach. It didn't look like anyone had tailed him, and that was good. After one orbit around the planet to confirm that very fact, he began to descend, taking the ship down towards the instructed destination on the surface.

The roar of the engines could be heard in all directions as he brought the ship to slow contact with the ground, a solid and loud metal thunk ringing out through the air once his ship settled down. Cutting power to the engines quelled the noise, and shortly after the boarding ramp dropped down towards the ground. A tired Crosten began to descend, looking about for any signs as to what to do now.

Here he was, with the stuff he was assigned to deliver. No one else seemed to be ready for him, so he walked around the ship in search and in wait. The sooner he could offload this crap and take off, the better.

Jax Thio Jax Thio

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

aSITfd.jpg

Inside the building was quiet but Jax could feel a dark presence lingering throughout. The Sith Lord didn't bother trying to hide his force sense probably thinking that he was safe from any Jedi Interference. Still Jax knew many Sith Lords who were so paranoid that they would erase their force scent. The Sith had a mortal enemy and it was the Jedi, it was themselves they had a habit of backstabbing each other and occasionally creating splinter groups within each other. To say that they were a mess at times would be an understatement as much as Jax has his misgivings with the Galactic Alliance at least it was united, the Sith Empire is as stable as a malfunctioning Battle Droid.​
Leaping onto the platform, Jax remained silent as he saw what appeared to be a smuggler landing his ship arriving at the drop point. Another starship arrived, the platform opened revealing a tall and slim Dark Lord with pointed ears and a face mask. "Also wearing dark clothing," Jax muttered. "What's with Sith and their love of wearing black?"​
Torvald_Dark_Lord.png
Darth Osmos was flanked by 5 soldiers waiting for the smuggler to give them something. Could it be the drugs? Jax stood in the shadows crossing his arms and observed the meeting.​

"Ah, there he is", the smuggler thought to himself as he heard the approach. The sound of the roaring jet of another starship gave him cause to turn his head skyward towards, gazing at the other spacecraft flying towards the surface to touching down on the planet. Now they hadn't let him have a picture and all Crosten had to go on were the descriptions those who hired him gave him. It sure looked like what they described, though he hated not being absolutely sure. This sort of obscuring of needed information well irritated him, and he couldn't know whether this was the receiving party or not. Well, he'd just have to hope that it was. Getting this deal done and leaving was all he wanted to do.

He looked on pensively as the starship lowered it's ramp and the six figures began to descent. The soldiers were sure dressed odd, but nothing much out of the ordinary. Their leader however; even if he had never seen the guy before, he was unmistakable. Even from afar he could see the pallor on his skin, and the massive apparatus that took the place of his mouth. Dressed in dark clothing too, like he wanted to openly advertise his penchant for shady deals.

"Ah, whatever. Let's get this deal done with and over already"

"Are you-" Crosten called out.

"Yes." Came the immediate reply, not even allowing Crosten the chance to finish his sentence.

"Now, I didn't even finish that question.

"The answer remains. I am the one you seek. And if you seek no one, I am the one you ought be concerned about.

Have you the shipment?"
The sith finally asked, and Crosten could breath a hidden sigh of relief that he found the right guy. Only so much relief, this whole meeting was awful nerve wracking.

"Everything's all here, yeah. Untouched, intact and delivered straight to you. Now-"

"Yeah boss, it's all in the cargo hold." came a voice that surprised Crosten, causing him to turn his head in shock at the noise coming from the cargo bay of his own ship.

"What the hell? You can't just go on a man's ship without permission-"

"They have permission.

Mine.

The only permission that
counts."

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

aSITfd.jpg

Stone faced, Jax observed the Smuggler exit from his ship and began conversing with the satisfied Darth Osmos. 10 more Sith troopers appeared surrounding the Sith Lord. Their blaster rifles trained on the Smuggler in case did anything rash, then again Jax wouldn't be surprised if the Darth Osmos just killed the Smuggler and took the goods. Treachery was the way of the Sith after all, the Sith Troopers began to enter the Smuggler's ship much to his charigin. If there was one thing Jax learned about Smugglers was that you don't go in their ships without their permission, they cling on to them like a mother holding her child.​
The Sith Trooper's arrived with the goods and Darth Osmos began to inspect them. His long pale fingers sliding against the metal plating. "I sense that you did not get me all of the substance necessary smuggler." the Darth growled his yellow eyes gazing at the smuggler. "I've specifically stated that you were supposed to get all of the substance not half of it!"​
Jax could feel the Sith's anger, nothing good was going to come out of this.​

“Lost my cargo? You trying to get outta payment? Look, not once in my fouty-five years have I ever-hnck!” Crosten began his reply before an unknown force began to tighten around his throat. Unable to protest, he simply reached for his own neck in futile struggles to draw breath.

“Do not correct me.” replied the sith.

“Half of it is missing, and all of that is your responsibility.”

“Do not waste your speech in effort to avoid blame. That cause is lost. You should concern yourself with convincing me to allow you to live.”
Warned Osmos before he finally released Crosten from his force choke.

“What was th- Now if I had an honest clue what happened here I’d be speaking up right now. I can tell you who sent me and -hnck!”

“My underlings sent you.”

“What did I say about avoiding blame?”

“Now how to make you useful. Can I trust you to recover the shipment? You’d be surprised...”
Growled Osmos, leering upon Crosten as he struggled to breathe again. Maybe there would be some use out of him, and a slave collar he procured would ensure the smuggler’s unwilling trust. Or perhaps he’d just detonate it while he took off again, he never did grow tired of the chaos and destruction from demolishing someone else’s life and ship.

Once the collar was on, he’d have plenty of time to decide. And so he began to approach slowly, with Crosten helpless to move or flee.

Jax Thio Jax Thio

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

aSITfd.jpg

Jax winced a bit when Darth Osmos began to choke the Smuggler, "treachery is the way of the Sith," Jax mumbled as every fiber of his being compelled him to help the smuggler. "Poor man was just doing his job," Jax said. "But making deals with the Sith is like making a deal with Hutt, they double cross you eventually."​
With a wave of his hand Jax used the force to immediately unshackle the smugglers slave collar. The Sith Troopers looked confused for a moment looking around the room their weapons raised. Jax scratched his chin observing the frantically searching troopers as well as Osmos who had his curved Lightsaber out might as well get the ball rolling. The Jedi dropped down in the middle of the floor as soon as he did so, he heard the whizzing of Blaster Rifles aiming for his head.​
"Hello there," Jax said with a smirk.​

Once again, his hands reached immediately for his own throat once the collar was released, ironically this time due to the the sudden lack of restrictions on his neck. Crosten would look on astonished at the scene. The smuggler had encountered much, but never something like that. And he was even less prepared for the Jedi who dropped right in the middle of the line of blaster fire with such a nonchalant greeting that Crosten couldn’t help but doubt that the guy was even in any trouble at all.

He should be. But he damn didn’t look it!

But making sense of the situation was a far and long gone concept, forfeit the moment he was choked out of thin air. The grizzled old smuggler had his blaster, and he could trust that. And he could hope the others couldn't do that eerie telekinetic choke hold thing. Damn, that was a scary ability he did not need to know existed out there in the galaxy.

He barely had time to give a nod of alliance to the stranger that he was grateful had shown up. He did so and immediately dropped to a knee and quickly drew his blaster from it’s holster. The weapon barely moved away from his hip, he was that fast on the trigger. Three blasts of the pistol struck two of the troopers in the chest while a third whizzed away. Not a moment later Crosten had the blaster out to look down the sights, placing a fourth shot square into the neck of one of the troopers he had shot but not slain. Yet - things sure weren't looking too good for him now, such had the tables turned.

In between determined shots, Crosten could only count his good graces.

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

aSITfd.jpg

The Smuggler seemed thankful enough.​
As soon as Jax made his dynamic entrance, the smuggler whipped out his pistols and in a split second three soldiers where dead. Jax took out his Lightsaber as well deflecting a blaster bolt that was aimed for his head redirecting it to another soldier next to the man who fired the shot at him. The Jedi then leapt towards the other soldier bisecting him with a horizontal slash to the waist. As soon as he was done, Jax turned around to see Darth Osmos with his hands behind his back calmly observing the carnage that was unfolding around him. The remaining 5 soldiers opened fire on Jax as he effortlessly batted away the blaster bolts.​
Remaining calm Jax reached into the force trying to find a way to end his stalemate quickly. He briefly looked up seeing a large cargo module above the soldiers. "That'll do," he smiled and with a wave of his hand the Cargo module began to dislodge dropping on to the remaining 5 soldiers crushing them.​
Triumphant and with the hum of his blade the only sound echoing in the hangar, Jax casually walked around the destruction he caused twirling his green Lightsaber in the process. "It seems that you can't have good help these days." Darth Osmos sighed shaking his head. "They were the best men in my division the commander said. They will not let you down he said."​
"Well clearly the Sith Empire sucks at training fighting men," Jax laughed. "So let's do something a little different Osmos. How about you lay down your weapon and surrender? No one else has to die, you just answer some questions and if you're good little boy we'll let you go. Despite the propaganda perpetuated by your Empire we're actually reasonable people."​
Darth Osmos chuckled taking out his Lightsaber. "So I'm so supposed to drop my Lightsaber?" He asked in a mocking tone.​
"Yup." Jax playfully twirling with his Lightsaber though his gaze was maintained on the Sith Lord. "It's that simple no strings attached."​
"And I'm supposed to surrender?"​
"Did I speak a different language?" Jax shook his head. "With the Cowboy possibly on my side I'd say you're outnumbered 2 to 1. Don't think you can deflect blaster bolts and a Lightsaber simultaneously so come on don't make this difficult. Pretty please with chocolate frosting?"​
The dark lord rubbed his breathing respirator mask. "That doesn't sound like my kind of story," he replied his Lightsaber activating, the red blade pointing directly at Jax's face. "How about I kill you and Crosten, take your Lightsaber for my own and Emperor will shower me with gifts for ridding the galaxy of a filthy Jedi."​
Two shuttles descended from the top behind Darth Osmos the smaller one went inside the hangar opening its doors revealing a Sith Trooper with a mounted blaster turret aimed at Crosten firing as soon as he was in range. Darth Osmos leapt towards Jax his Lightsaber held high. "DIE!" he yelled as Jax stood his ground shunting his attack aside.​
"It's always the fracking hard way," Jax shook his head riposting Osmos' saber strikes and countered with a forward slash to which Darth Osmos dodged.​

Well, no sooner did he kill three than the Jedi with the friendly greeting handled the others, leaving none other than that ugly looking dark clothed bastard standing. Along with another five of his men, all of whom began to open fire on the Jedi. Better him than Crosten, but he’s knee deep in the muck now and without that guy he doesn’t have a hope here. He’d seen a lot of things but Jedi, well this this entirely knew and unknown to the smuggler. And he didn’t much like it; which is fair considering his asphyxiating introduction to the powers of the force.

He was damned if he knew how the force worked. He knew how a blaster worked though, and readied himself to take his shots at the crew of five so intent on killing the Jedi interloper. Taking a couple of shots just as Jax used the force to drop the cargo onto their heads, Crosten managed to hit not even one as his blaster shots were blocked by the falling mass that killed all at once.

“Dank Ferrik! Well that was convenient.” he muttered under his breath. What sorta coincidence is this? He pondered, knowing nothing of how Jax had telekinetically incited the very lifesaving event.

Well that just left the dark clothed bastard that remained. The man brought a sword to a gunfight; and Jax was sure right about one thing. It was two against one; and that was good for Crosten. Doing what came naturally he prominently opened fire and loosed a series of shots directly towards the sith lord.

Not to the unawareness of Osmos, who in deft movement of the sword brought it humming through the air, batting away each blaster shot with fierce grace. The three shots flew in all directions, one struck the ground while a second knocked the hat clean off his head. The third returned directly to it’s source, the turn of events catching the smuggler by horrified surprise. The shot aimed precisely back upon it’s origin, destroying his prized blaster and sending debris scattering from his now empty hand.

Maybe bringing a sword to a gunfight was a wiser idea than it looked to be at first, Crosten realized. It looked like he would be spectator to the events that would follow.

A great swordfight, the hum of plasma burning though the air. It was a battle, and it was an epic one, the likes which he had never seen. If you had described these events to the smuggler yesterday, he might have laughed at your tall tale. Here, he could only watch speechless as the old man in the respirator moved with alarming speed. Unnatural speed, unleashing a flurry of attacks that hummed and cracked against the younger man’s sword – before flipping back to dodge the response.

Osmos wasted no time in making his next attack – such was the way of the Vornskr. Once he had dodged, a quick strike would sweep the ground by Jax’s feet followed by another sweeping attack towards his chest from a higher angle. All emotion left the face of the dark lord, now tapped for the battle before him, and drawn upon to bring him the power to kill the man before him. Hatred. Focus. These were the things that would lead him to victory here – to take the life of a Jedi and boast of it with honour. He saw the life and determination in Jax’s eyes as he fought.

They would soon be his, Osmos thought.

Last edited:
Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

aSITfd.jpg

Juyo..... a Lightsaber style that is celebrated amongst the Sith, it was comprised of fast paced and randomized attack sequences which were executed with passion. In order for one to be truly using Juyo a person needs to have their senses ignited and channel their rage towards their opponent. There was a reason the New Jedi Order forbade the study of Juyo except for a handful of handpicked Jedi. Jax wanted to learn the style but didn't have the opportunity to do so. He was always too damn busy with missions and besides considering his reputation of a drunk, Jax would probably been rejected. Sparks were flying due to the Lightsabers colliding with one another, Jax batted away many of Darth Osmos furious strikes trying to find a way to counter. Osmos was good but he was a bit sloppy, like many Sith they tend to be too deep into their emotions leaving them open for counter attacks.​
Jax dodged a vertical slash from Osmos countering with a roundhouse kick to the side of his head. Osmos stumbled back. The Jedi leapt towards the Sith Lord slashing from the sky in an attempt to have him lower his guard. Osmos shunted aside Jax's strikes but once again left himself open for another counter attack. Jax called upon the force pushing far from him back landing hard on to the wall. "Give up yet?" Jax said. "I got a movie to catch in a few hours."​

The dark lord was knocked back by the kick, but he recovered. That Jedi! He had his opportunity now to kill - it consumed the dark sith lord so. Empowered by his own dark emotion and opened to the force - whether his own powers or those of another. In this case it was Jax, and his force push caught the dark lord entirely by surprise. He was not just unguarded; he was outright vulnerable to it. He hit the wall with a smack and a pained grunt, meeting the Jedi's taunting words with a deadly glare. All he did was ramp up his desire to kill.

Crosten began to move as the turret continued to fire upon him, torching the concrete with heavy blaster fire. The smuggler reached for one of the blaster rifles, only for a turret blast to destroy one and send another flying though the air. It landed with a clatter but remained in one piece - maybe it was still good? It was a lot better than what he had right now, which was nothing.

"Not until you die" came the sith's only response as he leapt back into the action, his lightsaber as the ready to parry whatever strike the Jedi might throw at him upon his return to the fight. The moment he'd land on his feet he'd follow it with another stab straight through his midsection. And another attack after that - though planning that far ahead was needless for a practitioner of Juyo. He'd feel the attack he needed to make when the moment came, not before it - or so the sith believed.

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

aSITfd.jpg

(OOC: Start at 0:34 onwards)​
The turret continued to reign fire upon Crosten making sure he was pinned down, two more Sith Troopers appeared around the gunner repelled down firing their blaster rifles as soon as they hit the ground. One of the Troopers took out a thermal detonator launching it at Crosten's feet as it rolled towards the Smuggler small, rapid beeps were heard. Jax began to immerse himself into his main style: Shii-Cho the most simple of the Lightsaber forms but taken to the next level it becomes just as unpredictable as Juyo. Jax liked the wild and aggressive nature of Shii-Cho and continued to practice relentlessly. The Jedi lived for Lightsaber combat though sadly duels with the Sith or any other saber wielding opponent was few and far between.​
Seeing his strikes being shunted aside, Jax did a feint striking at Darth Osmos' head and immediately did a half spin aiming a horizontal strike at his right leg. Osmos blocked it but just barely, Jax used the opportunity to put both of their blades in a bind twisting them at chest height before Jax ripped the Dark Lord's Lightsaber from his grasp, the Lightsaber flying towards the metal crates to the right side and ricocheting off of one of them. "Sorry bud," Jax said pointing his green Lightsaber towards the unarmed Osmos. "Thing about death is kinda boring and final, prefer to remain in the land of living where things are so exciting. So why don't not follow the Sith code and actually stand down?"​

Disarmed, certainly not a plan of the threatened sith lord. The Jedi had him at sword-point, and without his lightsaber he held no means to threaten the Jedi. The smuggler however, oh he would make a fine target.

"Oh, you have me beaten then."

"But I have him" He added with a low, evil cackle, pointing in reference to the running smuggler, before making a gesture with his hand. There was nothing ahead of him save a weapon; oh how predicable he was being too. Crosten couldn't notice the awning above him begin to shake and twist as the Sith pried the fixture loose with the force. The slipshod construction which the sith empire seemed to tolerate worked in Osmos' favour; and it soon began to creak and fall down, squarely atop the hasty smuggler who noticed the danger all too late.

Osmos made his gambit. He was counting on the Jedi to be exactly what he was, the caring fool they all were so burdened by empathy for their peers.
Or perhaps he would choose to kill Osmos where he stood. He'd have to accept whatever response Jax would give, and if he was struck down here today and the Jedi's desire to kill outweighed his need to save an innocent life - well the Dark side will have a ready applicant to replace him.

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

aSITfd.jpg

Jax really needed to stop being so damn cocky.​
He was so focused on the Sith Lord that he didn't bother to check on Crosten or the fact that Osmos was going to use him as bait. "Oh we'll being seeing each other real nerf herder!" Jax switched off his Lightsaber placing it on his belt. The Sith Troopers were about to fire on him but were met with a rush of force blast. The bodies collided against so wall hard that it Jax heard their skulls cracking simultaneously. Osmos reached out to the force grabbing his Lightsaber before leaping onto the small frigate and flying away. Reaching into the force, Jax caught the debris in midair before it landed on Crosten.​
"Hey Smuggler get the frack out of way!" Jax yelled. He had an idea but he had to make sure that Crosten was safe first.​

Osmos was oddly calm. Very oddly so for a sith lord - and then his troopers gave him the very moment he needed! They would fire upon Jax. They would die. This young force wielder turned to fight them without hesitation! What a shame the Jedi had caught him. Brash and foolish as he was, the Sith could temper him into something the Jedi couldn't.

All the better his focus on battle obscured his focus on his allies.

"Oh yes. Oh yes indeed. He seems like a perfect candidate..." Osmos mused to himself silently for only a moment. He had his opportunity to make it out with his life; which he took immediately. Perhaps he'd hear tale of a fallen Jedi later...in the near future should the smuggler die. Or in the distant future, should the dark side claim him...

Crosten hardly had to be told to move; he was already scrambling out as fast as he could. Off ahead he could see the safety of an armoured vehicle; high enough off the ground that he could take effective cover beneath it. With a running slide, Crosten slipped beneath the chassis, a temporary refuge from the danger the sudden battle had brought upon him. He peeked from beneath in astonishment, looking at Jax, the debris, and the fleeing Osmos. Unarmed and bewildered, he could only wonder what would happen next.

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

aSITfd.jpg

From the corner of his eye, Jax could see the small freighter exit from the hanger. He could feel Darth Osmos' interest in him for whatever reason, well whatever he was offering he can shove it up his pale ass. The Sith didn't have anything that he desired, if anything he was already drowning in darkness and he didn't have to change sides to do it. As soon as Crosten ran to safety, Jax dropped the boulders running after the Smuggler, "I need to get after that Sith Lord!" Jax yelled watching the small freighter accelerate towards the larger starship. "Can you use your ship and chase after him?!"​
There wasn't any time to run back to his Starfighter and Smugglers tend to have fast ships often among the fastest in the galaxy. There was a reason why many Smugglers also enter starship races as well. "My name Jax Thio," Jax said to the Smuggler. "And unless you live on a lone Asteroid you probably know what I do. Let's chase this fracker but I need the prick alive, If we hurry we can catch him before jumps to lightspeed."​
Crosten's lucky that Jax is no ordinary Jedi, his brethren would probably arrest him for dealing in stolen goods. Talk about backstabbing the Sith would be proud of that. If anything, Jax hoped that Crosten won't be Smuggling anything for the Sith again. He should be doing honest jobs like smuggling items for Jax. His Podracer needs some rare components and perhaps Crosten can provide the good stuff for him.​

"If I knew everyone was gonna want in my ship today...Ah hell, at least you asked first." He remarked, giving a gesture to Jax before he immediately made his way in. He had just unwittingly helped a sith. To be honest, he didn't know the real difference between the two force users, aside from the fact that one tried to crush his trachea. Go figure, that was a sith; Helping Jax catch him was an easy choice to make. Mostly.

"Now look, I'm gonna help you but don't mind the....you're not gonna snoop are you?" he inquired, still moving to board his ship as fast as he could. This Jedi had a plan, and plans took time that shouldn't be wasted.

"Alive works. Or dead, no difference to me, long as he's dealt with. We gonna deal with him though, I'm in on that. Strap in tight then 'cause I'm gunning it" he replied, speaking at as fast a pace as he ran. He slipped into his chair with ease and fired up the ship, engines roaring to life as Crosten hit each switch in sequence. He was doing a riskier take off this time, skipping a few steps but the ship, she'd be able to take it. Time was of the essence and that Sith lord already got a head start. He ain't got no chance of catching up without cutting some corners.

To say the take off was shake was an understatement; the turbulence was so severe you'd think the titans themselves were having a game of kickball with the ship. Glass fell to the floor and shattered as Crosten was thrown about in his seat with his hand firm on the controls. Blue skies turned to black as the ship gratefully escaped the atmosphere, finally bringing the bumpy ride to smoothness.

"Got him sighted, and we're catching up too" Crosten remarked, finally looking back to see how Jax had handled it all

Last edited:
Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

aSITfd.jpg

Jax smirked. "I never forget my manners," he said. "Unlike my Droid." He was a bit surprised that Crosten wanted to help him, normally Smugglers would just high tail it cursing the Jedi and the Sith all the way guess nearly being made a slave caused him to want to extract some revenge. If so then Jax will have to get the information first before leaving him at the mercy of Crosten. As they entered the ship, Jax raised an eyebrow over Crosten's concerns about snooping.​
"If you're wondering if you're under arrest or some shit no need to worry." Jax said. "I'm feeling generous and besides we got bigger priorities like getting Darth Osmos."​
Crosten activated his ship as it began to dash through the air. "Frack!" Jax found himself being lifted off his feet and landing on the chair. "Faster than I thought. What kind of accelerator you have?"​
They've reached large freighter that looked like it was preparing to jump to lightspeed. "Crosten!" Jax said frantically. "Do you have any guns on your ship that I can use? I can fire on their engines before they can jump!"​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom