Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC Darth Utoretis - Lord of Atonement

Status
Not open for further replies.
q9xpnmY.png
tIsPXJM.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• | Intent | To create further background into the Red Legion's leadership.
  • | ​Image Credit | Source / Source
  • | Role | Second in Command to the Red Legion, Kor Vexen's Right Hand
  • | Links | [member="Kor Vexen"]
PHYSICAL INFORMATION

• | Age | 94
  • | Force Sensitivity | Master
  • | Species | Arkanian
  • | Appearance |
Utoretis stands at a height of six feet and three inches, donning an imposing set of reinforced duraplast armor that covers his vitals and clothed in shellspider silk. Very few have actually seen what Utoretis looks like beneath the mask he wears, the only distinguishable feature on his face being his dark crimson eyes that seem to pierce one's soul and very existence. He is fairly well built despite his age and the only physiological indication that might suggest his species is his four digit hands.

SOCIAL INFORMATION

​Utoretis possesses a certain eerie and unsettling aura about him when others are in his presence. He comes off as cold and disingenuous when he speaks, very much as one might come to expect as both a Sith and member of the Red Legion, though even Utoretis makes some Sith uncomfortable. He possesses a similar ideology to Vexen in the sense that he believes in one's worth being proven through strength, and that anyone unworthy should be culled from life; for that share in views, he has a particular religious zeal about him.

COMBAT INFORMATION

• | Weapon of Choice | Fists and Feet or Force Weapons he creates via Darkshear
  • | Combat Function | Utoretis is Vexen's second in command on the battlefield. He speaks and acts with the authority of the Anzati General in their absence and handles the battlefield as one would expect a general in the Imperial Legion. Utoretis is typically on the frontlines, the emissary sent by Vexen to deliver judgement upon his enemies.
Strengths |
  • [ Iron Fist ] | Utoretis' skill in hand to hand combat are fearsome, and few have been able to go toe to toe with him and succeed in besting him. Where other Sith may utilize their sabers, Utoretis prefers his mix of masterful unarmed combat and utilization of Force powers to pummel his opponents down. Many a Sith and Jedi have been subdued and beaten to death by his hand, underestimating the extent to which he has mastered Teras Kasi.
  • [ Lead the Charge ] | As Vexen's right hand, Utoretis is entrusted in leading the soldiers of the Red Legion into battle in Vexen's absence from the frontlines. In addition to his skill and prowess in battle, Utoretis possesses uncanny intellect to identify weaknesses in his enemies and exploit openings in defenses.
Weaknesses |
  • [ Face Me Coward ] | As a practitioner of martial arts and refusal to wield a lightsaber, it can be noted that Utoretis is not very effective when handling opponents from range. While his use of Force powers in combat can help him avoid taking any significant damage from ranged weapons, it does require that he be in close proximity or even within a clear enough line of sight to use Force powers such as Deadly Sight to handle anyone not using a lightsaber or their fists.
  • [ Flash of Fire ] | Utoretis is an aged Arkanian, even if his physical performance on the field may suggest otherwise. While an incredibly capable fighter, his age results in a lack of extended combat and thus leads to Utoretis needing to take a leave from the frontlines to recuperate himself to avoid severe exhaustion.

HISTORICAL INFORMATION

Very few individuals exist in the Galaxy that Vexen has respect for, and even fewer alive that he hasn't consumed; Darth Utoretis is one of those few individuals. Born under the name of Saulger Sagai, Utoretis was the son of two Arkanian Jedi who had dedicated their lives to peace and tranquility. Sagai was born naturally gifted in the Force, something that would play a rather critical role in his early life as it led him to starting to tamper and toy with the mystical properties and develop from a young age. However,Sagai had little interest for the expectations of his family or upholding any sort of ancestral commitment his family was bound by, seeing them as beneath him and not utilizing his full potential, and so he abandoned his home and family in pursuit of a more fulfilling existence.

It did not take Sagai long to take up martial arts and eventually found himself to be much more attuned to hand to hand combat, enhancing his abilities via the Force and developing an immensely effective form of combat for himself. This was only further improved as he learned and incorporated the art of Teräs Käsi. While not formally trained in the use of a lightsaber as most Jedi were, Sagai became a practitioner of the ancient martial art that was capable of surpassing even veteran duelist by leagues. Yet despite his accomplishments and prowess, a void lingered within him - something to truly test the limits of his abilities.

This test came in the form of the Anzati, Kor Vexen, who had been wandering the Galaxy seeking worthy prey to consume. And with the whispers of a masterful practitioner of martial arts in the air, it was hard for the Anzati to not have his interest piqued. When the two met, it was by glance alone that they had found something worthy of one another's time, with the other possessing something that they wanted; a challenge and a meal. Though Vexen had several centuries of experience ahead of Sagai, the aged Arkanian was able to hold his own against the Anzati. It was a lengthy battle of both stamina and skill, though Vexen would ultimately rise above the young Arkanian. Sagai had found his challenge and met his match, though Vexen still saw potential for the Arkanian to become even greater than he was.

So rather than strike the Arkanian down and feast on his essence, Vexen extended a rare opportunity to the Arkanian, and offered to take him under his wing. Like many before Sagai, Vexen offered sweet temptations in the form of fully unlocking his potential and allowing the Arkanian to reach even greater heights, all the while not expecting that Vexen would one day turn on him. And so Sagai became apprentice to Vexen, and later on would become known as Darth Utoretis. Come the time when Vexen was made a high ranking general in the Sith Empire, it was only fitting that a rare individual who had garnered Vexen's interest and respect was appointed as his second in command. Utoretis has since then faithfully served under Vexen, and further enhanced his own capabilities using the Dark Side of the Force. To this he owes a debt of gratitude to Vexen and is willing to follow whatever path he is presented with on a journey to become stronger.

[member="Kor Vexen"]

This is a really really good submission. I just have a few small things to check with you before we go on to approval.

Firstly, do you have a submission for the Red Legion? If so, could you please link it in this submission as well.

Secondly, you have only provided one weakness, while I am happy to approve it as is, we generally prefer if you can provide us with two weaknesses for the creation of an NPC.

I intend to have the submission for the Red Legion include the leadership caste of which this character and the other one you've posted with similar question. It's a bit of a puzzle for me to figure which to put out first but I am still working on several technology submissions to include in the codex submission I write up for the Red Legion. If it is of any concern, you can hold off on approving this NPC and the other one until I have come forth with the NPC Group submission for the Red Legion at which point I will be sure to link the NPC to the NPC Group submission and vice versa.

Addressing your second concern, I realized I took a draft version of the submission instead of the final one which only included a single weakness. The second weakness has been added.

[member="John Locke"]

[member="Kor Vexen"]

Thank you for adding the weakness.

In terms of the submission itself, I am happy to just sit on it if you'll have the Red Legion Submission up soon, to approve it as it stands and let you pull the submission back for a modification or to move them both back to the precodex so you can take your time over it.

Please let me know what you'd prefer.

[member="Kor Vexen"]

While we wait for the army submission, would you like me to move your NPC subs to the pre-codex. Once you're ready I can move them back and finalise the judgement.

If you could I would appreciate it. Things are coming along a bit slower than I had anticipated but I think moving it to Pre-Codex will be the best course of action.

[member="John Locke"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom