Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auction Darth Ayra's Leftover Possessions

Darth Ayra's Leftover Possessions
f50ff231a061.jpg

Item Catalog:
If you buy one of the following items you will need to update the submissions accordingly to reflect the change in ownership.

~
Serj Sularis was a wealthy Muun, who at the end of the 830s, entered into the service of a Sith Lord known as Darth Ayra. In the wake of his masters death, Sularis had done what any respectable Muun would go: consolidate her assets somewhere safe, wait to see what happened in the wake of her death, and when all seemed clear, sell them on for profit; and what a collection that Darth Ayra had acquired! Ranging from Sith Holocrons to prototype technology to real estate, Ayra had been a wealthy woman at the time of her demise, and as a former agent of the Sith Lord, Sularis had some idea what each piece was worth, particularly the real estate.

Through his contacts in the Inter Galactic Banking Clan, Sularis had arranged for an auction of his former Master's assets, that would undoubtedly catch the attention of some very influential and powerful individuals.

~
Everything of value that I've ever submitted to the factory or codex has been listed. All that I ask is that potential buyers roleplayer realistically and fairly with each other if a bidding war happens. On top of this, I ask that when an item has been successfully sold on, that the character / roleplayer in question agree to do a thread where said item is collected In Character.

Oh, and please roleplay as if it is my NPC you are interacting with, not Ella Nova. She doesn't know this is happening IC.

Auction ends 8/3/18.

A single message was sent to the auction.

"Denizens of the Graywall understand the value of ancient holocrons. Lord Grayson, patriarch of the estate, has agreed to offer three million credits in exchange for the holocron of Darth Revan, and the Holocron of Heresies."

- Housecarl Yevraine

Adron had always kept his eyes open for materials and resources he could better use in the future. Keeping his eyes locked on the datapad before him he had saw quite a few things of interest. The Sith Holocron of Darth Revan, the primary weapon of Darth Bane. Since turning to the Dark arts of the Sith the young High Moff was sure he could put such items to use.

​Setting the datapad on the sirface before him, he quickly activated the console that was plugged into his desk.

>>>Good Morning, High Moff Malvern<<<

​>>>Beginning Encryption Measures<<<

​Processing...

​Processing...

​>>>Encryption Secure<<<

Once the encrypted connection was made, Adron tapped onto the console, submitting his bids for each lot that he had taken an interest in.

​Hello, I have an interest in the Lightsaber of Darth Bane and the Holocron of Heresies.
I would like to offer twenty thousand credits for the lightsaber, as well as fifty thousand credits for the Holocron to open your bids. Thank you.
​-High Moff Adron Malvern

Vi didn't have a lot to bargain with, in fact none of it probably would be accepted, but there was something she would have loved to have for her collection, so she tried anyway. A message would come from an ancient and old Gage-class Transport, unencrypted; "Hello there! I would like to place a bid of 2,707 credits and an original, rebuilt, lightfoil for the Tund Tome." Vi didn't have a home, a job, or a place where she was accepted, so everything she had she gained from wreckages and ship graveyards. She would probably be easily out bid, but nothing risked is nothing earned.

To whom this may concern,

That is a mighty fine Apocrypha. There are many things that are required of it.

I offer one million credits for this collection of information. Should this be deemed acceptable, I can come by to pick it up say.... noon?

An interested pureveyor​

Vokun understood instantly what potential lay in two of the items he perused currently. One held knowledge of beings he didn't want others knowing more then necessary about, and the other was about a race that could cast spectacular illusions... not to mention the rumors of the bombs.

Vokun was informed. He needn't let the tome free, able to potentially lead a being into control of such deadly books. Since his return to life, his whole aspect was balance. In everything. Including helping others. He would get both, lock them up, and keep them from the eyes of chaotic beings.

"2 million on the Apocrypha. 1 million for the tome." Was the bid send from the encrypted source. It was pinged from to many servers to figure his location was already in the building. Not before the bidding was over any how.

Such was the benefits of being of his wealth.

[member="Ignis Imura"] [member="Vi Grir"]

[member="Cedric Grayson"]

"The Deizens of Graywall are recognized by this auction. The bid of three million credits is unacceptable for these two artifacts. I was told by the previous owner that they are incredibly rare and it's historical value cannot be underestimated."

"Furthermore, the seller requires that the Denizens of Gravywall provide clear documentation to showcase their potential wealth so that further negotiations can commence."

[member="Adron Malvern"]

"The highly esteemed Moff Malvern is recognized. Further communications will be launched on this encrypted network to ensure maximum anonymity."

"The Holocron of Heresies is an historical and rare artifact that is well beyond the range of 50,000 credits. Furthermore, the Lightsaber-I am told- has a historical value well beyond 20,000 credits."

"The seller would like to inform the Grand Moff that both these artifacts can be exchanged for credits and influential information on the Galactic Empire, provided at the Moff's discretion."

[member="Vi Grir"]

"The seller would like to thank you for your enquiry. The Lightfoil has no value to the seller, whilst the Tund Tome itself is said to contain power, according to the previous owner. Thus, the seller has valued it beyond the sum of 2,707 credits. Would you care to bid again?"

[member="Ignis Imura"] | [member="Vokun"]

"Greetings gentlemen. Thank you for your inquiries. The bid of one million credits for the Tund Tome is an acceptable offer, Mr. Vokun. If you could provide documentation that clearly certifies your capability of paying for the item, then your bid will be accepted by the seller."

"The Apocrypha bids are acceptable, but Mr. Vokun has made an increased bid in comparison to yours, Mr. Imura. Before another bid can be made, the seller also requires documentation of your wealth."

[member="Ella Nova"]

"Unacceptable?!"

Cedric felt his right eye twitching again. The Ensign looked at him with something akin to amusement, though she was smart enough to to say anything stupid at this particular juncture. She just smiled at him, and slid the dataslate across his desk.

"The Muun says that three million credits isn't enough for the holocrons. They want another bid."

"Of course he wants another bid. He's a Muun." Cedric breathed a heavy sigh and rubbed his temples with his knuckles. The Grayson family had been particularly wealthy at one point, and while most of the wealth had been drained fueling war efforts and other such nonsense, a few million yet remained.

Those credits were used to maintain the Graywall, outfit its defenders, and pay the men guarding it. It was money Cedric truly couldn't afford to lose, but then there was something more important on the line than an old castle, no matter how much sentiment it may have carried.

"Read me the listings again."

"The Holocrons of Darth Revan and Heresies; each was coveted by your father throughout his time with the Sith. They're more than a little dangerous Lord Grayson; we can take the cuts, just get those holocrons into the vault and out of Sith hands."

Another sigh.

"Send our accounting numbers to the Muun, and a record of the Graywall's expenses and general income over the past ten years. That will prove our wealth - now," Cedric keyed the message so that it would relay back to the Muun. "The Graywall raises its bid by five hundred thousand credits for both holocrons."

[member="Ella Nova"] [member="Cedric Grayson"] [member="Adron Malvern"]

"My Lady, an auction that might be of interest to you," one of her aides said, handing Taeli a datapad across her desk. A brief scan showed an IGBC auction for... Force above. These things were just popping up like gizka at auctions. And one of the items was of particular... interest for her, given her family history. The holocron had been stolen from her sister's homestead on Tatooine by Veles and an accomplice, and now it was showing up here of all places. Interesting.

She had no interest in the holocron of Revan, but Andeddu's... well that was a whole different story. A message would arrive for Serj Sularis from Master Taeli Raaf, ranking Master in the New Jedi Order and CEO of Aurora Industries.

'Good morning, I shall be launching a bid of five million credits for the Holocron of Heresies, exclusively.'

Serj Sularis was like any other Muun when it came to business. Unlike most of his race, he had the taste of the dark arts, but when it came down to negotiating and hashing out a deal he was a credit to his species. As he analyzed the data sent to him as per his request, Serj learned much about Graywall. Much of their wealth had been spent on munitions, weapons and training. It was useful information. Storing the information for later on, Serj begun to carefully word his response back to the Jedi.

"After reviewing the records that you sent to my office, I have determined that a lump sum of 5,000,000 credits for both Holocrons can be accepted up front. If this is agreeable, my office will write up the remaining 3,000,000 as an on going debt between both of our parties. A monthly payment to the InterGalactic Banking Clan of 150,000 for a period of twenty months will cover the excess charge, plus VAT and tax."

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

Serj knew who Taeli was. Although his former Master had never spoken of the Jedi Master to him, the Muun was a cunning man and had kept some tabs, much of the information obscure and hearsay. But even if a modicum of the tales were true, then Serj knew that getting into business with this particular Jedi was a bad idea. No response was issued to Raaf after her bid was documented, and if she were to check, she would see that it had been struck off, declined by the office on Muunilinst where the auction was being held.

[member="Ella Nova"]

A message would come in.

​Defiance Consolidated Multipurpose Manufacturing wishes to offer a bid of twenty-five million credits for the Home Skyhook, Drey's Cortosis Mine, the Mytus VII facility, the former IAI Headquarters, and the Emita Farmlands.

Vanessa closed the message with a smile, eager to see what response was made.

A message from within the Empire:

"5'500'000 for The Holocron of Heresies alone, Funded by the Sith Imperial Cultural Restoration Society. We will be able to pay in single installation or down-payment by your preference."

It was simple, to the point, and delivered by what appeared to be a well-dressed Kissai.

[member="Ella Nova"]

​At his desk Adron would let out an amused chuckle. "Well, I guess I shouldn't be surprised. This Muun knows his stuff." While the High Moff was capable of bidding millions of credits for these artifacts, he was not prepared to do such.

"Let's get a little loan." He said, before tapping into his computer once again.

​>>>Accessing Imperial Databanks<<<

​>>>Please enter Secured ID<<<

​Processing...

​Processing...

​>>>Access Authorized, High Moff Malvern<<<

​>>>Imperial Banking System Accessed<<<

​Adron took a few moments to gain access to the Imperial Banking system. Being a member of the Moff Council did indeed have it's perks. He knew he would be able to allocate funds to his personal accounts. After all, the Empire enjoyed utilizing it's research funds.

​Tapping back into the Auction system, Adron would send his reply.

​After reviewing the items requested, the Galactic Empire has taken a significant interest in these items. Of course it is requested the location of these items if bought, will remain confidential. The Galactic Empire is prepared to offer you a lump sum of ten million Galactic standard credits for the lightsaber of Darth Bane, as well as the Holocron of heresies.
​-High Moff Adron Malvern

[member="Ella Nova"] [member="Cedric Grayson"] [member="Taeli Raaf"]

(Written from my phone. Excuse the ugly)

Five millions credits was...costly.

When the message came through, Cedric felt his heart sink.

"Can we afford it?"

"With the plan he has proposed, yes, though funds will be tight. We could ask the Republic for assistance?"

The knight shook his head. "No, the Republic needs all the credits it can get. We'll take this under our private expenses, and Ensign?"

The young woman looked over her shoulder as she turned to leave. "Don't speak a word of this to anyone. No one can know we have these holocrons. If word gets out, the Sith will come for us."

The Ensign snickered, "My lord, the Sith would never be so foolish as to set foot on Ruusan, let alone assault the Graywall."

The knight's brow furrowed. "They will, trust me. Knowledge is power, and the Sith crave power above all else. Relay our agreement to he Muun and his people. We will pay the five million under the terms he has presented. I need you to rework the budget and see what we have left to work with after the hit."

The message was relayed to the Muun shortly thereafter.

"The Graywall agrees to your terms of payment. Please inform us as to where we might send our representatives to meet with your own."

[member="Ella Nova"]

Alm sat in front of the terminal, face bathed in the blue light illuminating out from the screen. The Nasvalo knew very little in the way of technology but that didn't stop her from bulldozing through the holonet like a bantha in a China shop.

Somehow while looking through the online retailers for a new pair of bird handling gloves (Byamba had shredded her current pair to hell), the teenager came across the live auction. Many of the items she'd never seen before, nor did she understand their significance.

However, the Pendant of Aay'han caught her eye on beauty alone. Opening up the word processor, Alm did her best to type her very first message.

'Hello, I would like necklace. How much credits? Can trade for bird. Is strong, healthy.'

That was it, the entire message and quasi-barter in the subject line. Alm hit send and leaned back, proud of herself.

[member="Ella Nova"]

Children. The Galaxy was populated by children, no matter their age. Just different skins but all the same base creature. Most of this auction would throw around credits, bankrupt planets and systems for trinkets. The proper currency was often the better route. Besides, mere money was insulting. And so, Ostanes would smile, taking up a quill and ink, delivered by a qosaarai tuk'ata pair, his chosen emissaries for most things outside his library recently. There were a few items of note he was interested in particular, given current pursuits. The hand was strong, but thin and spidery and indicative of a subtle mind. Once written, the parchment was added to a purple brazier on his desk, and would transmute to a similar artifact carried by one of the pair, and the taller one would speak to another in comms, sending the message along. He wasn't per se famous, because he left the attempts to run the show to lesser minds. But his reputation and hunger for knowledge should be well known.

'Greetings Esteemed Sir, interest in this auction are for the items as indicated below. Bids can and will be supplemented with monetary reinforcement as deemed needed...-

• The Apocrypha of the Horde - Detailed notations on the Cult of M'dweshuu and their Blood Rites, as well as novice and intermediate instructions on Sith & Dathomirian Talisman construction and full accounts and notes of Ostanes' binding and work with the Force Deity/Sith Spirit known as Obeah (Note: Taurannik Codex would be required to resummon such a being, this is just the thought process behind the creation and summoning, not the ritual. Reasonably skilled Masters should be able to replicate such with work, though notations caution against doing so). c250,000
  • A Tund Tome - Primer from Novice to Intermediate on Dathomirian Magic & Sith Magic, written by Ostanes himself. c50,000
Regards-

Ostanes"

A secondary message to [member="Ignis Imura"] -

"Msr. Imura-

I am not a greedy man when it comes to knowledge, but I am assured I have better security than yourself. Combine your bid to mine, and I will give you my word as bond you will receive full dissemination of all knowledge within, and I can also help educate you in all manner of Force Crafting to certain degrees, if you so wish it. I will keep the original in my private study. I would also tender an open offer of shared scholarship between the two of us that I believe may benefit you and your associates, and of course myself in time.

- O."

And a final one to [member="Vi Grir"] -

'Esteemed Vi Grir -

You are young, and headstrong. I am old and merely curious. You may withdraw or join your bid to mine, makes no matter. I am happy to give you a copy of this tome when I win it for my collection, and a copy a grimoire from Korriban, as well as a lesson at my library. Just remember, as our forebearers in the Arts were fond to say - All knowledge has a price.

- O."

[member="Ostanes"]

//
"Dear O,

Your offer is most gracious and I am heartbroken to decline. I am not, however, looking for copies. I wish one day to hold an archive of artifacts from the Sith, keep them maintained in good condition and have an open door. As I said you have made a most gracious offer, but I still have nothing more to give. And your price, no doubt, is vastly more than I could ever repay, as the sith enslavers made a price for keeping me alive.

Thank you,
Vir Grir."
//

[member="Vanessa Vantai"]

Serj reclined in his seat as a bid was made for every single piece of real estate that had been offered in the auction. "A big player," he thought to himself. Before conducting his response to the bid, the Muun leaned forward in his seat and called up the records of the InterGalactic Banking Clan.

Despite being mostly defunct in the wider galaxy, the Muun's still liked to keep tabs on all upcoming corporations, so that in the event a profitable opportunity emerged, they could quickly take it before competitors could move in. Humans in the past quarter century had risen to become real commercial opponents of the Muuns (which explained the IGBC's lowered influence on things) but their business acumen was as inferior to a Muun as they were to the war machines that seen their sudden rise.

"Emeritus Industires," Serj said aloud. He knew the company well. His former Master had been a joint owner with Circe Savan, and just like the Jedi's bid beforehand, Serj wanted nothing to do with Ayra's former associates.

In the same manner that Taeli Raaf's bid had been declined, Serj struck it off from the auction with no response to Venessa Vantai. Realizing that his auction had caught the attention of some extremely powerful, dangerous individuals, the Muun leaned forward to sell quickly.

[member="Darth Ophidia"]

When the bid came through from the Sith Empire, Serj released a long sigh. Unlike the Jedi Master or the D.C.M.M's bids, Serj couldn't simply strike off this bid without a response, less he offend and invite the wrath of a Sith Lord. He had seen that happen too many times.

"Greetings, my Lord," Serj replied. "We would be happy to accept your offer of a full disclosed single payment for the Holocron. Once the payment has been received, an agent will meet with you to deliver your new aqusition."

[member="Adron Malvern"]

Another elonganated sigh escaped the Muun as he saw the second bid from Moff Malvern. It had been higher than the Sith Empire's. However, weighing the two options in either hand, Serj had picked the Sith over the Imperial simply because he reasoned that the latter was less likely to come after him for turning down the bid.

"Unfortunately, Moff Malvern, I have received a bid that was far more... persuasive." Through the line, Malvern would be able to sense the Muun's fear, no matter how well disguised it was when Serj spoke. "To compensate for your loss in this particular bid, I would grant you first rights to acquiring the Robes of Darth Bane, and perhaps perk your interest in the Skyhook station located in the Home."

After finishing his careful reply, Serj sent through a detailed review of the facility and what it could potentially offer the Moff.

"Unfortunately, Mr. Grayson, I received a bid sent from the Sith Empire for the Holocron of Heresies. We can, however, still reach an agreement for the Revan Holocron for a lump sum of 4,000,000 credits. We can also offer a similar repayment plan that we initially offered if you do not wish to pay the full fee up front."

"At 200,000 credits, we can offer a ten month plan paid per the end of every calender month, per working day, with the initial 2,000,000 credits paid up front as a deposit."

[member="Alm"]

"At this time the Pendant has been removed from the auction. We apologise for any inconvinance this has caused."

[member="Ostanes"] | [member="Ignis Imura"] | [member="Vi Grir"]

It was a very interesting offer. Serj carefully reviewed it with great intrigue. He had never heard of the Cult of M'dweshuu before. He did, however, recognize additional offer on learning how to construct Sith and Dathomirian Talismans, as well as learning what this 'Obeah' entity was and Ostanes' work with it.

"Thank you for your offer. Before we accept your offer, I would like to review a portion of the written accounts of your work with the entity Obeah, your instructions with Dathomirian and Sith Magic, as well as your accounts with the Talisman construction. This is so that we can validate the sources with our own records, and prove their authenticity before accepting your bids."

"Of course, with the Apocrypha, our acceptance of your bid would hold sway if Mr. Imura accepts your proposal."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom