Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Darkstar-class Star Fortress

Status
Not open for further replies.
vl987lk.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Orbital Defence Platform | Orbital Garrison | Deep Space Black Site | etc.
  • Length: 2000 metres
  • Width: 2000 metres
  • Height: 1800 metres
  • Armament: Extreme
  • Defences: Extreme
  • Hangar Space: High | 14
  • Hangar Allocations:
    • Starfighters: 8 Squadrons
    • Support Craft: 6 Squadrons
    • NB! Some variants reconfigure one or more of the seven hangars for other purposes, sacrificing Hangar Space for, e.g., more shipping hubs, additional housing, or bigger laboratories. The single shipping hub included in the default design cannot be replaced with additional Starfighters in a similar manner, as it is essential for the station's continuing operation.
  • Manoeuvrability Rating: None
  • Speed Rating: None
  • Hyperdrive Class: Slow | Class 6
STANDARD FEATURES
  • The Darkstar-class is outfitted with all the features and facilities one would expect from a station of its size and purpose, among these:
    • Advanced Long-Range Sensor Suite
    • Omnidirectional Tractor Beam Array
    • Automated Internal Security System
    • Encrypted Communications Suite
    • Internal Command Centre(s)
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
STRENGTHS
  • Beacon in the Dark: Massively powerful military installation more than capable of warding off entire flotillas of lesser vessels, Darkstars are a tangible display of Sith-Imperial authority wherever they are placed and versatile enough to serve in a truly vast array of roles, from more conventional defence platforms and orbital garrisons to Inquisitorial black sites and shipping hubs for rare goods such as coaxium.
WEAKNESSES
  • Stationary Presence: Incapable of independent locomotion except through its Hyperdrive, which itself is glacially slow even by civilian standards, the Darkstar is forced to rely on entire flotillas of tug boats for anything other maintaining its position.
DESCRIPTION
Commissioned alongside the smaller Darkpyre and quickly distributed to high-priority worlds along the Sith Empire's southwestern border, the Darkstar is a key component in the Pyramid of Military Command's efforts to bolster the Sith Empire's internal defences in preparation for conflict closer to home - in this capacity, it often forms a defensive grid alongside Darkpyres and/or huge numbers of
space mines.

Like the Darkpyre before it, the Darkstar is designed with modularity in mind, allowing the octagonal structure to serve in a truly vast array of roles, whether as a defence platform, an orbital garrison able to keep all but the rowdiest of planetary populations in check, a black site in the void between stars, a shipping hub and/or refinery for extremely valuable materials or goods, and much, much more.

In whichever capacity it serves, a Darkstar always represents a significant investment in resources and interest and it is therefore not uncommon to see the duo of kilometre-long structures protruding from its bottom docking a
Tormentor-class Star Destroyer each.

Last edited:
We only have one issue this time. Also I do like this starbase!

Length: 1988 metres
  • Hangar Space: High | 14
  • Hangar Allocations:
    • Starfighters: 8 Squadrons
    • Support Craft: 6 Squadrons
    • NB! Some variants reconfigure one or more of the seven hangars for other purposes, sacrificing Hangar Space for, e.g., more shipping hubs, additional housing, or bigger laboratories. The single shipping hub included in the default design cannot be replaced with additional Starfighters in a similar manner, as it is essential for the station's continuing operation.

1500m [Base: 2 | Very Low: 4 | Low: 6 | Average: 8 | High: 10 | Very High: 12 | Extreme: 15]
You cannot round up to use the 2000 meter rule. At 1988 Meters, you have at High, 10 Hanger Bay spaces. If you want to keep that Hanger Space number the same, change Length to 2000 meters.

Let me know when you made the required changes.
AMCO AMCO

Listib Hibin Listib Hibin

Fair enough; I usually try to do that, but I can't go above 2000 without dropping the Production Rating and I have to admit that I'm not a huge fan of unnaturally clean metrages - though I suppose I can always headcanon it as an approximation!

... thanks for indirectly giving me that idea, I suppose - I quite like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom