Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dark Zone | CIS Dominion of Melida/Daan (R,50)

Dom2.png
Monster met monster as shield clashed sparking into the attacking freaks, Er'in swirling smoothly on the spot and flicking the disintergrating remains of the thing off to one side. There was no room for mercy or pity - she was beyond such things, anger and intellect merged into the dance of death.

If you had told bookish, beautiful Er'in Tenel of Hapes she would stalk through the streets of the damned and the dying like a merciless knight of old, she would have laughed in your face.

To a degree, this was still true - not a lot of Er'in was home right now. But her core intellect still guided the wrathful dance, parry, sidestep, duck, deactivate shield.

She flung out her now free hand and met the rushing hordes with electric death, adding the scent of burning meat to the air.

And underneath it all... her senses flickered. A taste and a smell at the edge of her perceptions, a warning of... something. Not danger.

Interesting.

She knew that presence. Should she alert the others? No. That would play into the game, and if there was one thing Er'in hated, it was to play into someone elses game.

No, now was the time to watch and learn.

It was a struggling breath to draw her rage back in - anyone watching noticed the change in her stance as she forced down the anger and corruption with sheer willpower and intellect, then with a snap, the shield reactivated in her hand, and she sprung for the roof-tops in a series of bounds. Cutting a path would take forever.

Dom3.png

Location: Dark Zone Crash Site - Headed toward the larger group
Wearing: This

orangbar.png

“Get the kark out of my suit [member="Nysana Talon"].”, Srina ground out through clenched teeth as her eyes narrowed. The AI in the quarantine gear had begun to sputter and the small woman had mistakenly attributed it to damage from the crash. Wrong. The second she heard the uncouth, brainless taunts from her sister, she knew exactly what the younger Talon had done. It would not be the first time that Tellu had managed to find her way into something she shouldn’t have access to. “You don’t know what’s going on down here. Dropship crashed. Loss of life confirmed.”

All of the noises going on in the distance seemed to be getting louder and louder. Even from within the safety of her helmet, the screams rang in her ears, and she could only imagine that the scent of decay was utterly unbearable. She was glad for the helmet. “Did [member="Darth Metus"] leave his ship? Has he gone planetside?”

She prayed that the younger Echani would respond negatively. For the first time, she would likely hope for an ‘I don’t know’ for a possible reply. However, the young woman could feel him. In the pit of her stomach, she knew that he had defied their agreement and was likely, knee deep in death, and plague. Srina sighed heavily, taking a moment to breathe, and to adjustment her emotional state.

Cold as ice was how she had been described. Ice, she would be.

Not a moment too soon, a young man with shorn ginger hair ran into her, and the small woman paused. He looked familiar but she had not met him personally. She did not know his name. The Sith Apprentice wished that her sister had not high jacked her AI so that she actually speak to the entity that had current access to the entire Confederate docket. His clothing, and the fact that he wasn’t one of the crawling, screaming plague victims clued her in. Not to mention the people that moved with him.

“Srina Talon.”, she greeted breathlessly, the pain in her side staggering, even from the small brisk walk. Silver eyes flickered toward both @Noatry Moldmerr and the incoming [member="Kurenai Yumi"]. Flesh and blood faces were a welcome sight. “Thank you. There was…Nothing where I landed. The damage was substantial. Anyone else is that section was either killed on impact or succumbed to infection from contamination.”

Kurenai came closer and Srina felt a small sense of relief. They’d been on a few missions together, not typically on the same task, but the Echani warrior always read field reports. Kurenai was efficient and rarely seemed to have a moment where something left her off-kilter. The walking dead would not make her aim any less true or her blade any less sharp. “I’ll live. My comms are shot, unfortunately..”, she offered, trying not to grimace at the thought of trying to Force Jump, but the white-haired woman could not really see any other option. It was going to hurt. Alot.

On the ground, they were merely sitting ducks. Walking dinner plates full of food.

“I think I can make the jumps. My suit has been trying to mitigate the damage. I’m afraid of trying to drain anything here to heal. There’s too much death and not enough life. I don’t want to latch onto someone from the Confederacy or a survivor by accident.”

[member="Noatyr Moldmerr"] offered to carry her, a sweet gesture in all this chaos, when he was already injured himself. She unintentionally rewarded the offer with a flicker of a smile. It was something Srina rarely did, and considering their situation, entirely involuntary. It mostly just felt ironic. Despite her pride, as by the gods, she loathed being carried, she found herself nodding her head. She didn’t want to slow them down. “If I can’t do it I’ll let you know. But, I’ll try, so you can save your strength.”

They might need to fight their way to the lost research team they had been assigned to find and they may need his every faculty if they had any hope of surviving. Srina found herself concerned on many levels. It seemed that most of them weren’t following the complete containment protocol. Granted, they weren’t a hundred percent sure on transmission, but Srina still observed caution. Any wound open to the air ran the risk of becoming an entry point for the virus.

In the distance, she heard a gun go off, heard the screaming grow louder, and she heard a distant mental call. [member="Scherezade deWinter"]? The pale woman was gladdened that the ward of the Nightmother had survived. She was a pain in the fething arse but there was something about her that made her stick like glue.

Silver eyes flickered when she saw [member="Nine Lives"], a rather interesting woman she had met in a training facility on Geonosis, and she noted with satisfaction that she dispatched the infected like a well-oiled machine. Both Kurenai and Nine Lives were skilled in that respect.

There was also another presence. New. Or had it always been there? Srina couldn’t tell. The Force felt distorted here. She didn’t want to believe it, didn’t know what to think, but it felt like the terrorist that had plagued the Confederacy for months. By the time they made it to Scherezade though, she didn’t see anyone else, only an ailing @Riggs. The infection in him was clear. Srina’s jaw went tight, as she remembered the story of the brother of [member="Darth Metus"], lost to the bite of the rakghoul.

Beautiful mirrored eyes flicked behind her helmet.

“Riggs—You are dying. The infection takes hold quickly. ”

They would need to put him down before long. Everyone else was at risk as he remained. Remembering the plan that Kurenai had put forth, to take to the rooftops, she turned to her HUD to check the map. She also noticed another group a ways off. She couldn't tell how they were fairing but she did know that [member="Karlie Lynn Destat"] was among them.“Kurenai suggested we go high. I agree. Most of the infected seem to be on the streets. The last location of the research team was a few blocks away. We need their notes, data cores, and any of their work or this trip was for nothing.”

We need everything they had. Without it, there is no hope.”

orangbar.png
[member="Rhaegar Nemesis Dib"] | [member="Nine Lives"] |

Karlie Lynn Destat

Conspiracy Theorist and Investigator (IBI)
Dom3.png

Objective: Fraked...utterly and totally fraked now for sure... :( ...totally.
Gear and personnel: Me, a Janis something-or-other. And wouldn't you guess it; just got separated by my one and only marine.
I did mention I was fraked, right? Yea.
Enviro suit: EVS-1

"Uhm...you Ok?..." Karlie asked a rather distraught companion who was still having difficulties catching her breath.

"Cough..cough...yea...just can't seem to breathe..." Janis her last crew member struggled to reply.

Karlie took a moment to look around their corner again before turning her attention back on her distraught companion.
"Let me take a look..." She could see the flashing red warning of the girl's suit, loosing pressure.
​Sure enough the patch job she had done had not held. The poor girl's suit was struggling to keep it's positive pressure up. Although the enviro suit weren't a full pressurized spacesuit, it still was designed to hold a 2" inch delta P (pressure differential) above ambient atmosphere.
Most if not all of the filtered air was escaping through the old tear.

"Frak..." Karlie cussed more herself than the tear in her companion's suit. After all it had been her who did the horrid patch job. And with them running as they did, the tape had given way...once more compromising the girl's suit.
Karlie dug into her small pack, retrieving the medical tape and started to patch the patch.
It just wasn't working the way she thought.
"Uhm...maybe if we tape it all the way around...wrap it tight like-" But she was cut off, when Janis complained it was too tight.

"Well frak!....I don't now how to do this!. I've never patched anything outside a suit..." She was getting frustrated, for she did indeed have first aid training and all...but Karlie was no seamstress.

"Ok..how's this?.." She then asked again, this time taping it not so tight.

The girl nodded, coughing again apparently still having a difficult time catching her breath. But the tapping was good and once more seemingly sealing up the tear.

"Well...the suit's back up in pressure, you should be-
Oh...shoot!" Karlie was observing the bloodshot eyes on Janis.

"What?..Wa...cough..cough...what's wrong?" Janis asked Karlie.

"Uhm...I...I don't- " Well, Karlie was no medic and didn't know for sure why her companion was looking rather under like...sickly.
"...gulp.
Ahem...nothing's wrong Janis. Just try to relax..." Oh she wasn't a good lier. not in this situation. Janis looked disheveled and sweaty inside her suit. Karlie on the other hand was for the most part...cool and had caught her second wind.
"I mean...." Karlie took another peak around the corner.
"Frak... we don't have much time. They're like 5..maybe 7 minutes from us.
Janis, we have to get ready to move again." Karlie now held her companion's forearms, trying to suede her into coming around. They had no choice left but to move again, as the sounds of the happy town folk on market-street today were way past lunch hour. They were one hungry crowd and looking for some fresh cuisine...THEM!

But apparently Janis wasn't totally comprehending their dire situation for she just kept hacking away...coughing and with a runny nose of all things.
"Oh really?!.." Karlie uttered in despair. How was Janis going to wipe her nose inside her suit and helmet now.

Taking one last peak around the corner, Karlie found that they had no choice but to run, for one of the happy town folk was about to round it. She quickly grabbed janis' hand and yanked her along as fast as she could. As they got a few meters away she heard the living dead garble loudly and quicken his pace...he had found his lunch!

"Come on!... Don't do this to me...
Janis...come on!" Karlie was herself quickly tiring for Janis was not doing her part in keeping pace with her. Karlie was almost dragging the poor girl with now a small pack of picnickers wanting their main course served right on main street.
"Frak.... Oh come on Janis.....frak!" Janis like all damsels in such situations lost her footing and fell. Karlie still holding on to her hand was also nearly taken down. But despite salivating Dan, Steve or who ever these living dead guys were that were nearly at arms reach to them, Karlie pulled up the ever tripping Janis and did her best to keep ahead.
Lucky for them, and as the head of the pack were congregating all too very close..they too were tripping over one another. Seems they had no table manners themselves and this gave Karlie a meter or so lead again.
But Janis was spent. The poor girl was now a liability and for a moment, Karlie thought about just letting her go. But she had already caused the death of 40 marines and her pilots and two other science members. She couldn't just let Janis be torn to mincemeat...however tasty the girl may be.

But just as she was about to let go of the girl, as janis had once more decided to take a knee to the sidewalk, they came upon an open doorway...a heavy doorway that the gods had somehow left open for such damsels in distress. In Karlie went, dragging janis now. And once in, Karlie jumped over her companion and closed the doors...locked it too, believe it or not.
"Gah!.....pant...pant... Down went Karlie, sliding her back against the heavy door, down to her but.
She was breathing so heavy that she too was sweating, despite her suit trying to compensate. Janis was down on the floor, moving, struggling of sort trying to get up. Sure...now she was getting up.

Karlie was just relieved Janis had made it inside with her. It took a moment for her eyes to adjust to the dim interior, but for all intent and purposes they were alone. The sounds of scratching and clawing with moans and gargling were heard on the other side of the doors. But the doors were tight and they were holding.

"I...I think we're...pant..pant...OK, Janis.." Karlie was too exhausted to say much more.

"W...what are you doing?.." Karlie couldn't understand why Janis was trying to get on over to her like she was. It was almost like the girl was trying to make a move on her.
"Janis...come on.... " Karlie started to push her companion away as this was definitely getting-

"OH MY GOD!..." She finally got a good look at Janis when the girl's head was right in her face...centimeters away and the girl had turned ravenous.

"EEEeeek...." Karlie could do nothing but scream as Janis who now seemed to be on top of Karlie, opened her mouth to feed on her flesh....

Dom3.png

Location: On route to someplace higher up, alongside the crash site.

Non-cannibalistic beings...Yet: [member="Srina Talon"], [member="Scherezade deWinter"], [member="Nine Lives"], [member="Riggs"], [member="Kurenai Yumi"]

''Noted, let's get a move on!''​ With a nod, Noatyr began bounding his way over pieces of wreckage, taking a moment to quickly carve his way through a small group of infected creatures that had been slowly making their way towards them, silencing them and making the area a bit quieter, his Vibrosword humming it's little tune as it ferociously lopped off heads and pierced through flesh.

With that done, and a small huff, he began hopping his way across abandoned transports and signs, onto the closest building, flipping his way up it and snatching hold of perches to pull himself upwards when jumping wasn't an option. He stopped near the top, taking a moment to survey the battle below. The robed woman who had floated her way to them earlier was tearing her way through the ghouls like a rampaging Rancor, her skill with the blade far beyond his own. He was impressed, he figured he would have to ask her for some tips later, if they made it out in one piece.

Then his thoughts turned to Srina. She seemed important. Something about her just emanated it. Maybe it was the force, maybe it was the way she spoke and carried herself, not to mention...

She had smiled at him. Or at least a flicker of one. That was a first. It almost made him happy, of course, now was really not the time for such things. He pulled himself onto the roof of the building, and almost instantly spotted several familiar items.

''Looks like fate smiles upon us today.''​ He thought devilishly, his hand grabbing his side for a moment to hold in a shot of pain, before he made his way over to his new objective.

On first glance the average being would have thought the pieces Noatyr knelt before were just random pieces of junk, but to the trained eye, they were the perfect means of helping out his comrades on the ground to buy them enough time to run or scale the buildings.

The device, was a highly rare antique, the Audio Bulb​. A device used to record music, that ran on a highly combustible battery. It was a rare sight nowadays, and rather dangerous to keep, and under normal circumstances, Noatyr would have taken it to sell later, but these circumstances required a bit of sacrifice, and besides, he had always wanted to see what would happen when one went boom.

The music player had been lying with a few other pieces of assorted items, upon a large cloth that must have been covering them from sight until a rouge gust of wind must have blown the cloth off of it's treasure. How convenient.

Thinking fast, the young man began putting together a timer, strapping it to the Audio Bulb, and making sure it would ignite at the jus the right moment. He grinned evilly to himself, as his hands moved in quick succession, the process of crafting the timed explosive not taking long at all. He took a moment to clip a wire from one of the other random pieces littering the cloth, and then held up the improved Audio Bulb in his hands.

''Perfect.''​ As much as he would have loved to help take down even more of the ghouls on the streets hand-to-hand, this would work better for getting the wounded out of harms way quicker.

He dashed back to the edge of the roof, and reared back, to toss the explosive as far as he possibly could. Even if the timer didn't work, the audio would attract the infected to it's location, and chances were, once one of them stepped on it, boom.

With that little thought, Noatyr hucked the Audio Bulb, which sailed a good distance away, which was already blaring music from one of the local clubs, attracting more then one of the infected' s attention towards it.

''Now's your chance!'' He called down to his comrades. ​''Hurry the hell up!''

He grimaced within the shuttle. Turbulence had struck the vessel flying with it's wingman and the two ships had careened into one another. Now the ship was spinning uncontrollably as the oikots fought with the controls to right the shuttle from it's dangerous dive. The restraints threatened to slice through his armor and into his flesh as the inertial dampeners failed. The bay was filled with the groans and screams of his fellow passengers as a sense of doom seemed to blanket them all.

An explosion ripped into the hull as the other shuttle suffered a cataclysmic reactor overload. With the breach across the bay sucking passengers into the nether, Tobias grimaced again and reached out in the force to gauge the pilots' belief in their ability to rectify the situation. Yet upon brushing their signatures he learned they had succumbed to unconsciousness, whether from the increasing speed of their spin or the concussion from their sister ship.

Grimacing again, an expression he was quickly tiring of, he fought the gravity forces pressing his body into the seat and released the crash webbing over his body. With grunting rolls across the other passengers who had lost consciousness he landed heavily against the escape hatch and felt the pressure upon his chest nearly crush his lungs which caused breathing risingly difficult.

Reaching out he released the safety latch and hit the emergency release. Nothing happened. With a struggle he drew his arm away from the release and then slammed it down. The hatch blew and he was thrown from the shuttle. Spinning through the air he fought to right himself and activated the thrusters in his boots which slowed his descent from the rootop several hundred meters. As his body battled the pull of gravity he slowed just enough to not become a crimson stain upon the roof.

Cutting the thrusters at the last moment he curled in upon himself and hit the roof upon a rolled shoulder, careening across the surface until he slipped from the top of the building and fell a story before crashing into the catwalk below. With the force of his impact the struts anchored into the stone shattered and once again he found himself falling, this time only a few stories. Kicking free of the catwalk he skidded across the ground as the catwalk bent in upon itself upon the ground meters away.

Laying upon the ground he slowly caught his breath. His body ached, his head hurt, and his shoulder was killing him. Slowly he raised his left arm and felt the sharp twinge. Nothing broken, but the pain was somewhat concerning.

Hearing the sound of scuffling the young man rolled to his stomach and pushed himself to his feet. Before him we're nearly a dozen of the infected creatures advancing on his position. Reaching out in the force he cast a wide net, seeking those presences he had yet to encounter in this time. As of yet there was only himself and Hannibal. But soon they would find their family, and hopefully, stave off the destruction that had been wiping their timeline from existence.

His body ached as he began moving down the street seeking a presence he recognized. But already, this time had shifted once more. What he and his brother had known was already different. Which just made their mission even more of an impossible endeavor. But he refused to accept defeat. So onward he pressed. That was until he sensed a cloud of darkness swirling around a chaotic Nexus of power centralized around a single individual. While some would classify the aura as a Dark Lord, he knew better. The madness of emotion, the rising agitation of the wind, the dancing dust that rise with every step. He knew. A Kashi. And not just any Kashi, but the
[member="Darkhold"] .

Hands gripped his hilts as he hurried his steps within the damnation of the city.

Dom2.png

Objective: Asses the situation on the ground and then execute a plan.​
Equipment: A single light saber (red Blade), One ancient suit of besker’gam devoid of technology (basic plate armor average protection. Also one stained and battle tattered red cape)​
The dark twisted drawing breath, as the Elder Kashi walked into the middle of the street. Its embrace constricting what civilized thoughts still remained. His lips curled into what was reminiscent of a beast. His eyes looked upon a infected in front on him. He could only see the prey.

He heard the Old Ways of the Dark. Entropy and destruction, the teachings of the Sorcerers of Rhand was beginning to consume him again. Just then when he was about to give into his demons, he sensed something else. It was the presence of another Kashi. He did not know who or why, but the presence felt like family.

As that infected took a step forward, Garith was in shock trying to back out of the madness he was about to unleash. Two steps back the infected started to charge. On instinct Garith unleashed with his own attack. He lowered his shoulder and propelled himself forward aided by the Force. His shoulder met flesh and his momentum did not end. The Force Imbued shoulder strike drove the infected man backwards into a park speeder. The sounds of bones crushing could not be heard over the collisions and twisting of metal as the speeder now rolled down the street.

The Elder Kashi looked down at the mangled body of its victim. Around the body and down the street to the speeder was a green fuel propellant. Garith knew exactly what it was. Hearing a hoard of infected coming down the street he knew what to do.

Unclipping the saber hilt from his belt he spun it in his hand while the bright crimson blade ignited. As it spun it hit the flammable liquid and it caught aflame. Looking up he watched the flame began to dance down the street. Catching bodies upon fire he could see it would soon reach the speeder. When it did it would explode. No doubt it would draw more infected to him. Hopefully away from the other Kashi he could sense.

[member="Tobias Dib"]

The Mother of All Psy-Pires
As Nine caught up to the others, she watched the young, red haired boy who had cleverly scaled his way to the top of a building throw an audio distraction to the flaming infected, who had actually started to spread the fires in buildings they stumbled into in their horrible burning state. Some of those fires were starting to spread to the rooftops.

She didn't have time to relieved when the modified device exploded loudly behind her, creating more spreading fires in other buildings. The poor state of the city had left many buildings highly flammable, due to a combination of decayed organic matter, and exposed inner building materials lining walls and such. Not only was this place a diseased pit of despair, it was also a box of matches in certain places, especially where many buildings were clustered.

She spotted [member="Srina Talon"], who looked very injured but otherwise mercifully uninfected as far as she could tell, and a creepy guy watching from afar telling everyone [member="Riggs"] was a dead man. Trouble was, it looked like he was right.

Nine felt bad. He looked like he was right on the verge, and about to attack [member="Scherezade deWinter"] for...sadly rightly...wanting to put a bullet in the man. Nine felt sick as she began to wonder if she should have just let the pouty-faced youth kill him.

She should have been faster, she thought, mentally kicking herself. Should have just force fed him the blood, kark the consequence. It would have at least spared him this currebt misery, the verge and edges of rabidness, of hunger.

With inner, repulsed surprise, Nine realized there were worse fates then being a Psy-Pire. Sure, you had to dig, really, really low, but there it was.

At least she wasn't a zombie. And at least her hunger could eventually be sated, though it was a cold comfort.

At least my blood prevents me from catching that.

If someone didn't put the poor man down soon it would be worse for him. The other man also pointed out possible exits, before slinking off to carry out what no doubt was some wretched agenda of his own. Nine instantly was suspicious of him.

What man has business in this place? Only a man with vile aims, and a heart of pus. Perhaps some shred of conscience had prompted him to give advice to the embattled survivors, an awareness some day, perhaps, that he might face a similar doom...and perhaps worried about the answer he'd receive when it was his turn to ask for an exit route. Fine. She wouldn't begrudge him the professional courtesy. But she also got the keen sense professional courtesy only went so far with a man like that.

"I'll go after the research. Yumi should come with me. I believe the two of us have the best chance of reaching what you need, Lady Talon." Nine suggested, her contralto ragged with agitation at the whole nightmarish situation. "But first..."

Keenly aware of how long they had before the infected refocused on them, Nine, her sword still out, did the only thing she could for Riggs. She decided to take full responsibility.

"Mandalorian." she spoke quietly, hoping to appeal to what she could tell was a fast fading reason. She pointed her sword at him as she stared.

"I offer you an honorable death. Death by sword. Will you accept? Its better than kneeling and being shot. At least you go like a warrior." She offered.

Objective: 1 (try and keep up)
Not Dead People: [member="Nine Lives"] - [member="Riggs"]

Yes the beast she had shot at was dead, but decapitation was not a sure fire way to kill the undead, destroying the brain or heart was how to completely finish them off. Though she did not have time to explain that to the young boy, she did want she wanted, and with way more experience then anyone else here, well besides the Atrisian woman Kurenai was going to do what she wanted, no question asked. Her face kept the straight and stoic look as it always did once the trio regrouped with the Echani VicLord, or what ever rank she held, Kureani was still not sure about it, or the woman's origins and how she wound up in the CIS.

Just another reminder of lacking social skill and all about acquaintances among the Confederacy, 'I really need to spend more off time with people around here that does not involve military campaigns'. Guess that was what happened once trusted into a position you where not quite ready for, 'dammit, now is not the time, getting to safely and away from zombies, goal number one'. She stayed silent as [member="Noatyr Moldmerr"] continue to chat with the Echani, her presence more or less becoming a back ground decoration, "well it is nice to see you two are hitting off, though if need be I could carry both of your just fine". "If either of your show a hint of falling behind your getting a piggy back ride, and I won't take no for an answer"... oddest pep talk she had ever given... no wait the one about the spiders was weirder.

Before anyone could react though the ginger haird bow was bounding away like no tomorrow, cutting through a pack of nearby infected like a knife through hot butter, quite flashy, but not really the most effective. "Ahhh, what it was to be young, I remember those days... not fun, but interesting never the less", she mused to herself, quickly taking aim with her pistol, firing just as quickly and selecting a new target, planting slugs through the heads of any nearby zombie. "Just stick behind he Lady Talon, nothing will get within a few feet, heck I may even have to use my force powers it they divert attention away from the others", she replied in what was supposed to be a joking tone, but as always just came off as stern and stoic.

Turns out her words would not be jinxed, quite the opposite actually, the loud sound of music coming from the other side of the street, attracting a nearby swam of undead people, pulling them away from [member="Srina Talon"] and herself. "Hmmm, what a coincidental fine, but no mind let us be on our way, though I would have preferred to kill all the ghouls, where is a semi-automatic sniper rifle when you need one... guess Dark Shear will have to do, but first we must regroup". Once everyone was together they would be able to search for the missing team, the whole reason why they came down here in the first place, and by the force was Kurenai going to see it through, even if she had to do it solo.

Actually, going solo may be easier... ironic

His boots pounded upon the streets. Behind him the infected creatures lay in their second death throes. His skull helm now lay over his head as he moved through the city of the dead. Every few minutes he heard a scream from one that yet lived. But before he made it to their location the faint aura of life was snuffed from existence. A perpetual frown at futility of it all creased his face. The city was engulfed in damnation. The few survivors that yet existed we're too few and far between to reach. And before aid could reach them they had entered the eternal embrace of the Nether. And so he jogged through the streets, his boots pounding out a steady rhythm.

The presence of the other Kashi was not far. The radiating power growing more palpable with every step. If there was any doubt to the other's identity it was quickly wiped away. [member="Darkhold"] , the progenitor of what remained of his race, was not one you would forget. [member="Hannibal Dib"] and himself had learned of who and what they were at their ba'buir's feet. Kashi. Souls that were unlike any in the Galaxy. They were extensions of the Force's will.

An explosion rocked the city, originating from before him, several city blocks separating himself the the scene of flame. Adding a burst of speed he accelerated toward the presence that had surely sensed his. Rounding a corner he watched as a horde of the undead continue toward the Elder Kashi, drawn by the sound and smoke. Just through the press of bodies he could just make out the vision of a Mandalorian, tattered red cape tossed in the wind. A crimson blade ignited in his hand. A thrill of excitement flushed through him at the sight.

As he ran he opened himself up fully to the force. A darkness stained the city, trying to steal the very life force that existed in all things. Details that most would not feel was embraced. The wind blew strongly, beneath his feet deep underground he felt slight tremors. The sun seemed to shine more harshly. A light rain fell from cloudless sky. It was as if the force was rebelling at the unnatural state of things and revealed a modicum of it's displeasure. Combining his own presence he let the force take hold, becoming one with emotion, passion, righteous anger.

Using the thrusters in his boots he leapt, soaring through the air, hands gripping the hilts of his weapons. A gutteral war cry escaped his lips as several in the horde cast filmy eyes to the sky as a figure in light black armor descended within their midst.

As he landed he thrust a fist to the ground enraging the earth. A shockwave rippled back from the point of his landing, shoving the undead back. Rising he raised his arms and the ground erupted around him, stone shards impaling several of the creatures. Spinning he lashed out with his swords. As the blades sliced through the air they cut through flesh and created a Nexus of wind that shoved the dismembered beasts in either direction. Beneath his mask a snarl of excitement and joy was etched as he engaged the horde.

Karlie Lynn Destat

Dom3.png

Objective: Out of the frying pan and into the mouth of a zombie.... :(
Gear and personnel: Me. Just freakin me now... Oh, wimper wimper wimper...

"EEEEEeeeek!....." Karlie screamed as Janis, who now seemed like she had skipped quite a few meals was descending on her like a ravenous creature.

Janis' teeth and mouth were dripping with blood mixed saliva or puss of sort that were coming down chomping on Karlie's face.

THUNK!

"EEEEEeeeek!....." Karlie could do nothing but scream with eyes closed tight, as Janis continued to comp on her.

THUNK!.... there was that sound again...

"EEeek.....oh God...No!....Eeeek....." Karlie was both in tears and panic, as her former team member was continuing to chomp on her.
Her feeble effort in trying to get Janis off her were more impeded by her fear and panic than strength. She certainly didn't want to go out dying as Janis' fast food source. But what could she do as she was pinned down by Janis and the zombie was chomping-

THUNK!.....

"Huh?...W...what?" Karlie opened her eyes. Sure enough Janis was all teeth and dripping saliva snapping down on her...But all inside her own helmet.

THUNK!....

"FRAK!.....UHGH...pant pant...." She realized that the THUNKING was their helmets colliding as Janis so desperately tried chomping on her.
Janis for the most part was a zombie detained inside an enviro suit with a shatterproof clear face helmet.

j1akAx9.jpg

It took a moment for Karlie to compose herself, as what used to be a somewhat Ok looking girl, was now seemingly vomiting blood in her own helmet.
Or was it that zombie girl Janis had bitten her own tongue or lip?
"Eeew..." It was disgusting nevertheless and Karlie averted her gaze elsewhere as she calmed herself down.
Well, one good thing was that Janis, as hard as she tried chomping on Karlie, was just mouthing the inside of her face helmet. The clear plasteel was unbreakable for the most part.

Karlie took a few more good breaths, coming to calm herself with Janis on top of her, futile doing what zombies try to do to pretty food.
Shame, for Janis was no way as pretty as her before, and now that she was a living corpse...Karlie was feeling kind of bad for her.
Still, enough was enough. Karlie finally mustered her strength to push Janis off her.

But doing that didn't keep her off.
"Damn it...come on...get away from me!" Karlie managed to keep her at bay kicking her legs. But the zombie girl in the suit just wouldn't let up.

"Arrg!..." Karlie pushed her off one more time and scrambled to her feet.
Out came the medical tape again. In one of those characterized tactical moves, Karlie leg swept the zombie and had it fall face down. Immediately she got on top and managed to pull one on the girl's arm back like she was arresting her. And arrest she did, taping both of zombie Janis' hands behind her back.

"Sheesh..." Karlie threw the spent roll of tape to the side and slumped herself against the door again.
Finally she could take a moment to breathe.
Poor Janis, she thought. The girl's enviro suit had torn in the explosion, resulting in allowing some kind of pathogen to compromise the suit. Karlie watched the poor struggling corpse trying to squirm, twist and contort in some effort to get up or turn around to try and feast on her.

"Frak..." Karlie despaired, pulling out the side arm she had taken off one of her dead marines. Her own had somehow got separated from her during the explosion as she had not snapped it in properly.
She armed it and pointed it at Janis' head. Good thing the poor girl was still face down....

Karlie put her safety back on. She couldn't do it. She couldn't shoot Janis, despite her being a zombie in the back of the head. hell, come to think of it, she never really shot anyone...just holo-targets and stuff at the academy and training camps.

"Frak me..." She then put her side arm away. Janis at this point was harmless in her enviro suit. She certainly couldn't bite anyone. And she was also handcuffed in a way. So what would have been the sense of shooting her? Karlie had caused enough death these past 3 hours. Everyone in her team was dead or reanimated maybe..perhaps? Yea, most likely, Karlie figured.

She was alone now.... a sole survivor of their ill fated mission, somewhat.
Well, there was still Janis here, despite she was a zombie now.
But she was still company.

Dom3.png

Wearing: Boots, Cape,
Wielding: 12 Czerka Knives, 5 4 Glitter Bullets
Objective: Do we need to kill Riggs?
Tags: [member="Kurenai Yumi"] [member="Noatyr Moldmerr"] [member="Riggs"] [member="Srina Talon"] [member="Nine Lives"] [member="Rhaegar Nemesis Dib"]

rosedic2.png
Scherezade had looked in awe as [member="Nine Lives"] machete'd through the beasts. Sadly, she had not seen the entire thing; she was still running, able to afford a glimpse back only every few precious moments. But it was so awesome! Despite the pain of her stab wounds, the mess around them, and everything that was going on, she was taking mental notes from that woman. If they all made it out of here alive, she wanted to get to know her better and learn from her. And of course - fire! Why had Scherezade not thought of that!

But now was not the time to ponder. They were still running, and kept on running until they reached the entrance that [member="Rhaegar Nemesis Dib"] was standing near. That was where they stopped, she and [member="Riggs"] and [member="Nine Lives"] and whoever else was with them.

Scherezade did not recognize him, did not know who he was. But that did not mean his words did not ring true. She turned to look at Riggs, her emerald green eyes going cold, and colder still when the stranger mentioned that he was a Mandalorian. Riggs was not going to go down easy. He was standing defiantly, almost as if he was challenging her to kill him, and then took a step toward her.

The young Sithling did not need more encouragement than that.

The others joined them then, giving her only a momentary pause. [member="Srina Talon"] had words for Riggs. But pity would not save them. Compassion would not save them. She was going to save them. [member="Nine Lives"] ha offered him death.

But Riggs had taken that step towards her and she would respond in kind.

Scherezade's right arm came up, and she fired a single Glitter Bullet straight into his heart. Assuming he was human and his heart was where most humans' hearts were. The force of the shot's blast had been enough to penetrate what weak armor he was wearing, and the acid that covered the shiny pink glitter within the bullet was doing its job - eating him alive. The acid would not stop until it had been used up, and for it to be entirely used up would require a few more Riggs, but as it was his heart that was hit, once the glitter made its way through his chest cavities, it would loosen up and go through the other side, where the wind would carry it and cover whatever it could in that glitter.

The young Sithling looked up. The wind was changing.

"We need to get out of here before my glitter decides we're the next meal," she announced, "and this entrance leads down to a rail system that leads to the edge of town." Where did the man who told her this go? Ugh, she would deal with his disappearance later, if at all, "so I'm going in, and I suggest you all go with me."

With that, she ran straight into the building. The others would have to follow, or stay on the streets and maybe die.

Dom2.png
Objective: Draw as much attention as he can from the affected and somehow not die?​
Equipment: A single light saber (red Blade), One ancient suit of besker’gam devoid of technology (basic plate armor average protection. Also one stained and battle tattered red cape)​
Flame and kinetic impact had claimed many. Many more still came as he started to cut down the charging infected. His hope the other Kashi would find a safer location did not come. Instead he noticed the armored Kashi came into view lashing out with the elements and his sword.

The angry scowl eased into a smirk as the Elder shoved the tip of his saber through the skull of an infected. Pulling the saber quickly out Garith did not foolishly marvel over his handy work. As that body started to fall to the ground he started to slash out at the next victims. While his sword danced his free hand began the motions of a Kro Var Kata. His left hand reached out to the still burning body. The flames danced away from the body to his hand.

The fire rolled around his hand. Un-burnt his hand now commanded the flames. With a flick of his hand the flame rolled out from his hand taking shape. A whip like flame lashed out wrapping around a nearby infected throat. On his end he pulled on the flame whip throwing the infected off it feet into a adjunct building.
With the flame whip he began to control the field of battle and with his crimson saber he ended their suffering!

[member="Tobias Dib"]

Dom3.png

The Squad: [member="Scherezade deWinter"], [member="Kurenai Yumi"], [member="Srina Talon"], [member="Nine Lives"], @Rhaegar Nemesis Dib

The distraction had worked, and boy was it effective. Noatyr watched with a child like glee as he watched his little trick explode, spreading fire to the buildings across the street. It was both an amazing and horrifying sight to behold, and it warmed him to the core.

He clapped his hands together to rid them of any dirt that had caked onto his hands, and gave them a good rub on his pants to make sure. ''Well that's that, time to go. Wait up!'' ​Clutching at his wounded side, the young man's eagle eyes scanned for the best spot to land, and his eyes settled on the only spot that was close enough to their escape, and soft enough to break his fall.

It was a rather stupid idea, but it was a faster way of getting down, and would leave one less annoyance hunting for them later. Without any hesitation, and a look of pure malice forming on his face, he leapt from the rooftop, plummeting down with a purpose. His Vibrosword was already in one hand, the blade once again humming with bloodlust.

''Always did want to try this.''​ With that thought, the mercenary spun the blade in his hands, and with a loud thwack crashed into a small group of ghouls, his blade embedding itself into the one that was unfortunate enough to end up beneath his feet. The rest were staggered backwards at the force of the sword-wielding psycho landing in the center of the clustered group.

Swiftly withdrawing the blade, his boot came down hard upon the fallen ghoul's skull, shattering it beneath his foot. Although his re-breather hid it, his entire face was serious, and without pause or even some sort of witty remark he lopped off the top of the closest head, slicing clean through the brain, before repeating the process twice more on the two blocking his way, and speeding after his comrades.

If some of the others pulled away to chase after the previous reason they had come to this sodden city, he would follow, but he figured the best course of action was first to get everyone together, get whatever limited medical attention they could, and see if there was any chance of refilling their re-breathers or replacing them.

He paused briefly to nod at [member="Nine Lives"], ''Impressive skill.''​ and then he turned his attention to the others, the man, Riggs, who must have been infected, had just been shot by [member="Scherezade deWinter"], without even a hint of remorse, and no hesitation. However, it seemed like he knew it had been coming. Whatever she had just shot him with was certainly lethal, and from what he had just witnessed, chances of him living were slim to say the least.

''​You certainly know how to handle a situation.''​ From what he had learned about the virus, it spread rather quickly, and death was the only real solution at the moment, or at least it was the fastest one anyways. His tone held a hint of respect for the woman, and he nodded after her as she dashed into the building.

​''C'mon, in here we can catch a break for a bit and fix ourselves up a bit.''​ He beckoned to Nine, [member="Kurenai Yumi"], and [member="Srina Talon"].

Dom2.png
The threat of fire was dispatched quickly.

It had been far too long since the brothers stood together on the battlefield. In truth, Darth Metus could not remember the last time he had witnessed the brutality of [member="Darth Rixas"]. Yet, as the horde began its advance, the elder sibling was in awe - if only for a split second. With the savagery of a wild Bes'uliik did the younger pulverize the flamebearer. And with a thunderous boom did the carcass explode into flame upon impact with the station's floor. The light drew the Infected's attention, for just a moment.

And in that moment, the Sith continued to fire.

Beside him, the Hapan beauty [member="Erin Tenel"] demonstrated just how much she had grown. By blade, shield, and lightning, she put down the disfigured beasts as they came. But. Her presence was not eternal. Whether it was to get a better position or to see further ahead, the Hapan bounded away from the side of her Mentor. And there would be no protest from the Sith in this regard - for he trusted her not to get herself killed.

"Move."
The sole, thunderous word boomed against the corrupted forms before him. They were an obstacle: a delay in seeing to the recovery of his Apprentice. This would not stand any longer, for every second wasted meant more time that [member="Srina Talon"] had to endure the plague. At once, the Sith set his focus upon the Mother-tongue. Lyrics hummed dangerously through his mind, silently benting the Force to his whim.

He remembered what his mother, Petra, had taught him so long ago. That the rumble of power within the clouds was not something to be feared. That the flashes of light were something to embrace. The Storm was something to be channeled, but never controlled. Beckoned. Summoned. Directed. But never tamed. In this moment, these lessons came alive as energy began to thunder within. The Storm built, billowing and strengthening, until sparks of white began to dance upon the surface of his skin.

And in their wake, agony. Burnt flesh. Such was the price of wielding a Storm.

He broke into a sprint and leapt.

His fists collided with the broken, grimy tiles of the subway. Thunder boomed as the white bolts exploded out from his body. As quickly as a natural lightning strike, the impact sought out the Infected and burned them away. Every drop of moisture within their bodies evaporated in the blink of an eye. What remained were husks. Burnt. Charred. Motionless. In the wake of the impact, Darth Metus shakily returned to his feet.

Much like his sibling, the energy itself to pull off such a tactic was not what made things difficult. It was the agony one had to endure after the fact. Though safe from infection underneath his armor, his flesh...ached. His arms and legs now felt as if a razor had been taken to them. A burning sensation persisted long after he had sucked in a steadying breath. But he did not have the luxury of medical attention just yet. They had to keep moving. They had to find the Downed Team - He had to find Srina.

"Let's go." he said, pushing himself forward.

He did not know how many he had slain or how long the break would last. The Team would be foolish not to seize the opportunity to move unobstructed. Now, as two troopers took point and led the way forward, the Vicelord tapped into the comm channels - hoping for some good news. What he found, instead, was something...alarming. Something that was being transmitted by a unit...designation: S.Y.N. The report and intelligence that the droid was amassing was continuously being uploaded to the Confederacy's field network.

And every shred of data led to a budding hypothesis. The Plague was transmitted by nearly every means known to man. Transformation was swift and brutal. There was next to no chance of survival once infected. The Cure...the Cure was a hypothesis. Maybe the research teams found something that would make this nightmare end, but the intel was bleak. There was another way. A much more brutal way. A way that was intended for Imperial regimes, not infected populations.

"[member="Darth Rixas"] ," he began, addressing his sibling as they moved together in the corridor. "Get a message to Headquarters from me. Have every engine spun up and ready for evac in the next thirty minutes."

He then reached out to the leadership - to the Young and the Old who had come together to end this nightmare. The Sith wasted no time in explaining what the Droid had found...and expressing his own thoughts that it was a long shot that a cure resided in the hands of the downed research team. What he then suggested was the Nuclear Option. Defoliation as a means of burning away the Plague to an atomic level. Defoliation as a method of leaving the capital city intact while addressing the Dark Zone as a whole. It was a brutal suggestion. Thousands would die.

But they were already dead.

By the time their conversation concluded, the Vicelord's group began to ascend the stairs at the end of the subway station. Unbeknowest to them, they were only a stone's throw away from [member="Srina Talon"] and her group that had been fighting for survival. Though they would not hear the fate of the capital city, they would hear the announcement that would come blaring over the Confederate channel. Exclusively.

"Attention all personnel, Protocol: Midnight Exigent has been initiated. In T-Minus Thirty Minutes, Defoliation will commence. Please make your way south for immediate extraction. Message will repeat."
Going south would bring both teams together at the mouth of the subway.

Thirty minutes on the clock.

Thirty minutes until Oblivion.

orangbar.png
[member="Scherezade deWinter"], [member="Nine Lives"], [member="Riggs"], [member="Erin Tenel"], [member="Darth Rixas"], [member="Darkhold"], [member="Tobias Dib"], [member="Hadashah Vi'dreya"], [member="Anastasia Vi'dreya"], [member=S.Y.N.], [member="Noatyr Moldmerr"], [member="Rhaegar Nemesis Dib"], [member="Kurenai Yumi"], [member="Karlie Lynn Destat"]

The Mother of All Psy-Pires
Nine was still astounded, that even though she considered what she was a fate worse than death, she was still finding things to be frightened of.

Midnight Exigent enacted. Nine had no idea what that was supposed to mean. But surely no warning that could include such a topic as "defoliation" could possibly end well for anything this context.

Nine looked at Riggs in a silent shame. Not only had she not been able to save him, she hadn't even been able to give him the death he deserved. That they had been too pressed for time almost hadn't mattered. It would be enough if any of them made it out.

She threw her hood up as the message was received. Head south. Towards the subway. She glided quickly. At this point, everyone was dead unless they left. It was one more reminder that some diseases could not be cured. Were not meant to be cured.

Some diseases can only be eradicated. It was only by cruel circumstance that she was saved from this wretchedness around her. Saved by the silent scourge that hid in her body, waiting for a chance to be transmitted.

She made sure she was useful to the others as she went south. Every diseased straggler that tried to get close she would close the distance and slice through them almost without effort. But they had been gathering in numbers the further she went.

The scourge it seemed wished to test itself against Hundred-Handed Giant's edge. But the sword had bathed in the blood of thousands long before she had ever gripped it. It was an evil thing, made and wielded by evil people.

But the disease was a strong evil itself and as she went through swinging her katana into any corpse that got too close she had to admit...she was getting very tired. Her body was trained for combat, but even as easily as her sword tore through ambulatory garbage bag every bag, every snarling murderous bag had a mass and weight to it.

She gave into the need to vent. She pushed herself harder, slicing into the hoardes with roar. She was going kill as many of them as she could on her way to that meet point. But they would not make it easy. But at the very least they were not the slowed but not stopped, flaming nightmare behind them.

The more she killed, the less the others would have to deal with, she thought as the hoardes temporarily stopped her advance through sheer number. She was cutting them down as they got in range, but there were so many she was momentarily surrounded and was forced to resort to that crude machete method to keep them from trying to dog pile her.

As her strength began to wane, she started to wish she had at least a little bit of back up. This 'was' a pretty large number...and maaaayyybe she had been a tad more tired than she thought.

"Little help here!" she called out. Her swings were getting slower...

One leapt onto her. She screamed and pure hatred of the disease that had doomed Riggs made her throw the corpse off her with one arm, but others took advantage of the opening and closed the distance, forcing her to swipe faster and harder, and thus tire herself more.

She was still cutting them apart rather impressively though...

Dom3.png

Location: Dark Zone - Headed toward [member="Darth Metus"] & Reserach Data [Railway]
Wearing: This

orangbar.png

The group moved forward.

There was some off-handed dialogue between herself, [member="Kurenai Yumi"], and [member="Noatyr Moldmerr"] but time was short. There were infected on their way, spurred by hunger, and a recent lack of warm bodies to chase. The Dark Zone had a few people left, certainly, but they were spread out between slums that were already carrying the disease. It was only a matter of time before the dead completely overwhelmed the living.

Noatyr used a small device, an Audio Bulb, to get the attention of the growing horde. It was a smart move. “Thank you, Kurenai Yumi.”, Srina responded softly, her voice taking on a slightly robotic edge, at the notion of being carried whether she wanted to be or not. It was yet another kind gesture. Srina would do her best not to slow anyone down, and that meant, ignoring the pain from the crash.

“Navi.”, she spoke to the AI in her suit, not sure if she would get the clever program, or her sister, Nysana. “Increase the dosage of pain medication and injectable bacta.”

‘Lady Talon, you have already exceeded healthy limits.’

“Override.”

Srina felt several small pinpricks along her spine but the suit responded as it should have. She remained behind Kurenai as Noatyr ran ahead to dispatch some of the infected. Riggs had more than caught her attention, as well as that of [member="Nine Lives"], but in the end, it was [member="Scherezade deWinter"] that pulled the trigger. He died defiant, standing, and Srina would report that to the Vicelord. He would be beside himself, when he realized that yet again, he had long another family member.

Just before they headed down into the building that the green-eyed deWinter child had pointed out she heard a familiar ping on her HUD. Someone else had survived? It was coming from the direction that the infected had recently vacated. All of them were headed toward the distraction that the ginger-haired boy had made. Srina blinked to realize that it was indeed an S.O.S. from one of their own. She tapped her comm, and by some miracle, it seemed that she was close enough to get out a transmission. To [member="Karlie Lynn Destat"] she sent their coordinates as well as a message. “We’re headed down through the railways to find the research data and to prepare for extraction. It’s not far from you. All of the infected are distracted but they won’t be for long. Hurry.”

There was a sense of urgency in her emotionless, exhausted voice, that she was incapable of hiding. Srina followed the others into the building. Not far away, she could feel the power of her Master, echoing through her bones like the sound of nearby thunder. Something had happened. Not long later a message from [member="Darth Metus"] echoed through her comm. He had to be close by for it to be working. Her stomach sank when she heard the words “Midnight Exigent” and she hastened her step.

The final solution had been authorized.

Nine Lives headed south, toward where the missive from the Vicelord had come from, and Srina wasn’t far behind. She remained close to Kurenai, considering her injuries, but the group was rather efficient. She didn’t even need to draw her saber or use the Force as they made their way through at first, though that changed, when it seemed that Nine Lives was becoming overwhelmed. The Sith Apprentice raised her hand, ignoring the way it shook, and felt the Darkside swell to the surface.

Silver eyes lit up golden-rod yellow behind her helmet. Focus was hard. Difficult. Had she hit her head? Her teeth ground together as she let her frustration build. Power. It echoed through her being, quietly at first, before it began to blaze like a wildfire. With all of her thoughts condensed and pressured into one cohere goal she sent a vicious kinetic push forward into the crowd of infected that were bearing down on [member="Nine Lives"]. She asked for help. She would have it.

The telekinesis that Srina utilized was selective. Nine Lives, and anyone else in the crossfire would feel little more than a breeze, but the infected that swarmed them would take the brunt. Weak bodies, deteriorated from weather and the disease, would fly through the air at a sickening speed and blow away from the group as if a bomb had gone off.

Srina wavered. Briefly. Shaking her head, she continued forward, ignoring the splattering of decay and meatier chunks that fell down the walls. In plain terms, the dead that she attacked, had more or less been liquefied. “Let’s keep moving. The Vicelord…He’s dead ahead. The research data should be nearby.”

Dead ahead. Poor terminology, for sure. Accurate. No one could survive here. Not for long.

orangbar.png

[member="Scherezade deWinter"], [member="Nine Lives"], [member="Riggs"], [member="Erin Tenel"], [member="Darth Rixas"], [member="Darkhold"], [member="Tobias Dib"], [member="Hadashah Vi'dreya"], [member="Anastasia Vi'dreya"], [member="S.Y.N."], [member="Noatyr Moldmerr"], [member="Rhaegar Nemesis Dib"], [member="Kurenai Yumi"], [member="Karlie Lynn Destat"]

Dom3.png

Objective: 1-follow Srina I guess and laze around

Thought [member="Srina Talon"] reply was but a whispers Kurenai was able to hear them clear as day, but she would not react, picking up on such quite sounds with ease and not even using force powers would come off as strange. For the time being she would just ignore the woman's words while slowly escorting her through the floor of dead. [member="Noatyr Moldmerr"] doing a decent job of killing those that posed and intimidate threat, even if the boys method was over flamboyant and stylish, something she did not have a need for these days, unless it was necessary.

Continuing their small trek the shot that finished off Riggs resonated through the streets, herself able to hear the difference between a shot aimed to kill with mercy, it was hard to explain, the feeling, the way it echoed, she just knew. An extra sense that one developed from life on the battlefield, a sad thought but better then becoming one of those things earlier, someone saying it was like Miral, but this case was a little different. 'Now's not the time to be thinking, we have to act, seems like Talon knows the way too'.

Such being more an assumption then anything else, the woman being a high ranking and quite powerful person, with an array of powers far more convoluted then her own. If the Echani was not injured Kurenai would have no doubt the woman would be leading the group with herself tailing behind while they used untold powers to dispose of the undead. Speaking of which would soon come to an end, one that did not seem very ideal, herself able to catch the words coming from Talons intercom, Kurenai's being busted upon the brutal landing.

"... you have got to be kidding" she remarked in a rhetorical sense, new insurgency, but more annoyance cycling through her mind at the Viclords command, unless something happened elsewhere, but if that was the case a little more information then 'nuke the city' would be nice. With a new direction, goal and haste the group started heading south, for some reason [member="Srina Talon"] keeping close to herself, seemed like an odd thing to do, surely the others in the group would have been better company to have around, like [member="Scherezade deWinter"].

Actually where had that girl run off to? Kurenai briefly turning her head around to make sure the other two member had made sure to follow them, in that split second a new wave of undead swarming around the tall Atrisan which had decided to take the lead with the group. Before she was able to react though Srina pull from thee force, sending a force push, well she assumed it was a force push towards all the undead in front of them, the shear force behind the wind tearing the beasts limb from limb leaving Kurenai a little speechless.

"That was quite the show... wish I had that kind of power". Yes it was true Kurenai had a lot of raw power at her disposal but it was largely unrefined, if she herself tried the stunt Srina pull it would have killed everyone here, friend and foe. It was due to this reason why her force skill and over all usefulness in many combat situations was lacking when compared and outclassed by many others, but also why she often worked alone or in small groups. "How much further till we reach the research station? also are you alright Talon-sama", she asked the Ehani noble, as the group continued on their way forward, the looming threat of more undead or being obliterated still ever present.

Dom3.png

Wearing: Boots, Cape,
Wielding: 12 Czerka Knives, 5 4 Glitter Bullets
Objective: Find the motherbleeping researches and get the motherbleeping krack of this motherbleeping planet.
Tags: [member="Kurenai Yumi"] [member="Noatyr Moldmerr"] Riggs [member="Srina Talon"] [member="Nine Lives"] [member="Rhaegar Nemesis Dib"]

rosedic2.png
She was beginning to feel light headed. The Sithling looked at her legs, realizing her dark pants had gone entirely red. In the heights of running and fighting (and killing a Mandalorian, yay!) she had not even felt her wounds. However, now the sensations were acute, and she knew they didn't have the resources to deal with it. She was going to have to give one final and really serious push if they were going to make it out alive in more or less one piece.

The inside of the building Scherezade had dashed into was nice and cold, a sharp change from the heat and icky smell of the outside. But a commotion outside had begun anew, and she let a string of curses befitting a sailor exit her mouth. They did not have the time for that!

By the time her head poked outside, [member="Nine Lives"] had requested aide and [member="Srina Talon"] had given it. The hordes had been moved away. She had wasted a precious few seconds in coming back when there had been no use for it at all.

Scherezaed groaned and dashed back inside, sliding down a ladder. It wasn't the entrance meant for the people who lived or visited here; it was probably some sort of an entrance used by mechanics for maintenance and fixing things. Either way, it would serve. "Anyone who can't use the ladder just jump, I'll catch you with the Force," she screamed at them, not caring if the ghoulies heard her. She still had a spark left and she would use it to burn the entrance if needed.

But promises aside and reality to the other side - the first thing her emerald green eyes saw once she was down there was a stash of corpses. Not the dangerous kind, just the dead kind. Their gear looked strange. Whoever they were, they were most definitely not CIS.

Scherezade walked to them, ignoring for the moment the calls of whoever might need her help getting down. She was drawn to these corpses in a weird and sort of creepy way, as though they wanted to be found, needed to be found. The young Sithling fell to her knees in front of them, her blood covered hands contaminating their suits further. But it was no use. She slid a knife from under her shirt and started cutting like a mad woman, perspiration appearing on her forehead before-

There!

Cold metal objects met with the pointy end, and she stopped, reaching in and pulling out a... Datapad? What use did they have for-

"Anyone good with opening datapads?" she yelled back to those who had come in from inside, suddenly remembering she had promised to help. It took more effort than she'd ever admit to get back on her feet and half stumble towards where she had to stand in order to soften the fall for anyone coming. "I found a datapad on a bunch of really dead corpses that were stashed down here!"

Karlie Lynn Destat

Dom3.png

Objective: Oh wow...zombies can't bite through duraglass. :D
Gear and personnel: Me and quite a squirmy specimen.

"Wow....Ok.... so it is airborne....frak...." She spoke to no one but herself. Many things had had come to light in the few hours she had been plane side. And she had come to a few conclusions. Janis here most likely held a key as to the engineering of the pathogen. It was no doubt something that had NOT naturally manifested itself here on this system...not the way it attacked its host. It was extremely aggressive to have developed naturally. It was engineered by someone...someone like Karlie. This virus was deployed. But why here on Melida?

​"Frak..." Karlie figured it out. Melida was not in the heart of CIS space. But on the outskirts. This could well have been a test then an actual deployed weapon. This meant that the CIS had to scramble and come up with a deterrent...a vaccine or retrovirus if its systems were to survive an actual and systematic attack of this kind of biological weapon.

Former Janis was still squirming face down with its hands tapped securely behind its back. Karlie had Taken a few good restful minutes with her foot on the former associates back, keeping it down. It had been quite an ordeal figuring out how to handle it, but a few trial and errors, Karlie had it down pretty good. Especially since the zombie Janis had her hands taped. And Karlie had used the entire spool of medical tape.

"Alright....sigh...so yea, looks like I'm going to have to take you home with me, Janis..." Karlie had not only taken the time to rest, but to also figure out what she was going to do with her former science aid. It was unfortunate the poor girl had succumbed to the virus through the tear in her suit, but now that she was in a reanimated stage, it was an ideal specimen to bring back as a whole to her weapon's research facility back on Castagne. Only thing was, their transport had been turned to scrap and at this time, there was no means of Karlie to get off the system...let alone bring back a souvenir.

"Come on...up up.." She took her feet off the zombie and grabbed hold of her tapped hands. In one, two good hefty efforts, got the zombie Janis up on her...squirming feet.
"Frak!...come on....stand up!
That's right...come on..yea...YES! you remembered!...Good girl." Karlie patted her zombie on her helmet while holding fast her from behind.
The zombie at first seemed to have no clue as how to stand. But as it turned out, it had been alive just an hour before and still had some motor skills still tucked away in its grey matter...somewhere.

But how and why zombies retained their equilibrium, managed to walk, run and seek fresh meat was something Karlie was intent in finding out. Her unfortunate team member had inadvertently become a prime specimen. Karlie was a biological scientist...a genius when it came to microbiology and viruses. That was one reason and justification she was under the IBI.
Ok, so she had little people management skills, but when it came to micro-biology, it was like; 'EVERYONE, stand back and let the girl do her thing!'
Karlie herself had unlocked the symbiotic relationship she once had with the virus midiclorean. As such, with her own Sebrix-9 project a living success, it certainly proved her qualifications in that field.

Karlie looked over her last patch job on zombie Janis' suit. It was holding. Now that she had Janis' hands bound behind its back, there was little chance of the patch getting compromised. And the suit was showing it was definitely hermetically sealed. Karlie's package was good to go.
But go where?

The room they were in was dimly lit and Karlie had no trouble finding the illumination sensor near the door. It had been on standby and she switched it to auto. Upon it sensing their presence the entire interior lit up. It was some sort of stock room...or warehouse. It was easy to spot one of the rear exits once she directed the zombie from behind. It was better to stay behind it and guide it from behind using its bound hands as a a bridal and rein. Besides, being behind the zombie's like of sight kept it calm. To the zombie, it seemed natural for Karlie to guide it from behind as it had no clear direction on its own other than wandering about until it caught sight of fresh food. And as long as sweet tenderloin Karlie was behind it and sealed up in her own suit, the zombie was easily directed. And Karlie had figured out to turn off the zombie's own comm link off, so in a way, zombie Janis didn't even know it was Karlie directing it...if it had any thoughts as to where it was.

The rear exit door cracked open but being in a helmet made it difficult to fully get a good view of the outside. She opened it up so as to get her helmet out and look about.

THUNK!...she heard something hard on her helmet and turned to see what it was.

"AhhCK!..." Karlie got startled a second as she came about a figure.
Well, the only walkers out there that she knew of were the walking dead, so her reaction was quite justified.

"You Ok?...." the man's vice came over her comm.

"Oh my God....Lance!" she nearly peed in her suit, she was so ecstatic in seeing him. "You're ALIVE!"

"You alright?..where's Dr Graying?..Janis?..she with you still?...she Ok?" He asked, as Karlie slipped out of the doorway, dragging Janis backwards toward them.

"Er...not quite." Karlie presented the new and quite living dead Janis.

"What the frak!.." Lance took a step back raising his weapon again. This time to the zombie's head.

"No NO!... don't shoot it!...we need her!"

"Need her?..she's dead!...She's one of them now."

"I know, I know...can't explain it to you in detail...but she's a perfect specimen. We have her complete genome and physical medical files...before she got infected. Right now in her state, we have both the base standard and the infected status. It's more than we had come to retrieve here. This thing holds the key to unlocking what this pathogen is and how it works. I need her head intact." Karlie explained.

"Say..how'd you know how to find me?"

It was clear the team had tracking devices on them..especially the science teams. The marine simply tracked them down. And there was another good news..depending if they were to get there on time. There was a general recall and emergency evacuation announcement by the other teams that had been deployed to Melida.
They had like 23 minutes left to get to the designated rondevou pick up point.

"23 minutes?! What the frak?!" Karlie shoved the marine.
"Get us the frak there!...Come on!"

"Chill...we're like 2 blocks from there already. We had put down away from the main hordes...And what about her? We're not boarding our own shuttle." he pointed out.

"What about her?..It's coming with us, and off this fodder hole."

"I don't think they're going to take her up with them, Karlie." he replied quickly explaining what he had picked up on the transmissions.

"Uhm...but we need her to crak this pathogen..." She said, dragging her zombie backwards as she followed and spoke with her marine, Lance. They were heading toward the pick up point.
Her marine could only relay what he had picked up from the other teams. They were going to flash this city and no one who was infected was getting near any of the shuttles.

"Frak...maybe they won't notice her condition...we could sneak her in...."

"Karlie?... you loco or something?..."

Dom2.png

The awareness brushed against his mind.

The flare of the alabaster one’s might was enough that their Bond, for the faintest of moments, flickered with strength. He could feel the weariness in her bones. He could feel the dull agony which wreaked her body. He could feel that [member="Srina Talon"] was alive - and she was close. Having delivered his message of condemnation to the capital city, the Sith now returned his focus to the task that had brought him into the Hellmouth: locating his apprentice. A renewed haste now characterized his movements as the Vicelord led the advance north. He practically sprinted through the final corridor, vaulted over the turnstile, and leapt up the stairs three at a time.

Finally, he saw light. Ruined bodies littered the ground before the Sith’s team - as if they had been liquified by an unseen form of ordnance. His sulfuric gaze danced from body to body before he saw them rushing forward - some wearing hazard suits, others not. But even in the specialized suit that obscured her features, the Sith could pluck his apprentice out from a crowd of ten thousand. With every step forward, he felt her presence all the more. I’ve found you. whispered through their Bond.

Before he could so much as advance closer to the survivors, the personnel which accompanied him rushed into action. With the threat of Midnight Exigent looming, the team wasted no time in securing their comrades. [member="Nine Lives"], [member="Srina Talon"], [member="Kurenai Yumi"], [member="Noatyr Moldmerr"] would immediately find themselves in allied hands. They would offer to support them the rest of the way to Headquarters and see to their immediate evacuation. Even [member="Karlie Lynn Destat"] would find her comm being pinged as a trio went off to retrieve her personally.

Similarly, a pair of would find the bold [member="Scherezade deWinter"]. Together, they would quickly bring her above ground as quickly as possible before breaking into the contents of the Datapad.

There would too much data to synthesize a cure in the field, but with time, there was hope that this nightmare would never happen again.

As the team brought the Survivors closer, Darth Metus gingerly brushed his arm against the Echani’s. ”Everytime we’re apart, one of us ends up bedridden for a week. Next time, I’m not letting you out of my sight.” Though his tone said he was joking, the concern in his eyes might have been an indication that he wasn’t. But, she was safe. And as far as he could tell, she was free from infection. On a whim, the Sith looked about and did a quick head count. Some were faces he knew, like the Dominus of the Pathfinders. Others were new. But one face was missing.

”Where’s Riggs? Did he lag behind?”

orangbar.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom