Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dark Greetings

If anyone honestly picked up on the reference in my subject line I'd feel less sad for knowing it than I do now!

Haha, I'm brand new here. I've been looking over the site for the last few days, but I was hemming and hawing about whether or not I should sign up. It doesn't look like there are too many rules or stats here, so I figured that I should be able to fit in fairly well.

I had a question though. I saw a minor faction I wanted to join; do I have to PM the owner of the faction before creating my character to make sure that they'll be allowed to join it?

Thanks!

Stephanie Swail

Look what they've done to my dream
[member="Torvas"]

Welcome to the Chaos!

Glad you found us, and I hope you enjoy your time here.

You don't need to PM the Faction owner, as all characters are welcome in all Factions so long as you follow their specific rules or guidelines to maintain their theme. For example, don't join the Sith if you're the most honourable Jedi around etc.

You should be fine either way really, if you want to ask us any questions to help you decide, just shout.

:)

[member="Torvas"] [member="Asterion"]

"For example, don't join the Sith if you're the most honourable Jedi around etc."

Well you can, you just make people extremely confused. Did it on Alexandra... she just was lightsidered and not a Jedi is all.

Hello.

You should also be aware that some faction are join my permission only, that means that you have to be accepted by the Factions Owner/Admins. This usually means the faction is either private or regulated and when this happens you might want to send a PM and explain your intention.

Otherwise, generally you don't have to :)

Wow, I really didn't expect to get this much of a reply so quickly. Thanks to everyone for getting back to me. I was also surprised to learn that there's no approval process for applications, but I would like someone to take a look at mine once I'm done writing it if that's no problem.

I was interested in joining the Inari Shogunate, because the plot of that faction just seems so unique in terms of Star Wars' universe. Honestly, when I first found this site I was going to assume that the Sith and New Jedi Order factions were the only legitimate ones so I wasn't going to play a non-aligned character.

I guess this means I should send a private message over to Kitsune. Thanks again for all the help!

If you don't mind another question, I've been heavily reading over the rules for the last 30 minutes or so. If I understand it, there are no restrictions on species or planet besides those that are explicitly stated, correct?

Thanks!

Torvas said:
Wow, I really didn't expect to get this much of a reply so quickly. Thanks to everyone for getting back to me. I was also surprised to learn that there's no approval process for applications, but I would like someone to take a look at mine once I'm done writing it if that's no problem.
I'll help with the bolded part

[member="Torvas"]

There is no restriction to what you can be other then what is stated in the rules, there is no restrictions on planets but be mindful of whats going on with them canon to the board.

IE: Alderaan is a vong formed planet now full of nasty stuff..Coruscant is the capital of the Sith soooo be careful.

[member="Torvas"]

feel free to PM them, Torvas.

Chaos is a pretty chill place; generally speaking everyone is open to answering questions and being helpful where appropriate. Honestly, sometimes it's easier to build a character when you have a faction in mind, so please don't feel obligated to develop a character before finding a faction!

If you need any help with your character, don't be afraid. If you have any questions about roleplay in general I suggest asking one of the Roleplay Judges. [member="Asterion"] is one of them which I'm sure you've noticed, and tends to be the guy who responds the most to the new people.

Hey everyone, I finished my profile and everything today, but I had a bit of a problem. It got posted twice, and I haven't the slightest idea how to delete a post I made. It doesn't seem like I have the authority to do that. Could someone of moderator strength help me out here and delete the profile that was posted just under the Torvas name?

I'd really appreciate it, thanks

[member="Dresden Strife"]

I'm really looking forward to what you have to say about it, Dresden. Thank you again for offering to help me out with this part of the application process!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom