Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Diplomacy Dangerous Bargains (Circumtore - HSC | SJC)

d6s7s9o-c7510baf-4002-485a-bf44-08302d1f91ba.jpg

C I R C U M T O R E

Gorba's small armada, a Chelandion-cruiser known as the Silver Krayt and two Tarrada frigates, settled into one of Circumtore's many dry docks. The ring world, once the stronghold of the Shell Hutts, was not the beacon of prowess it had once been. Gorba had only recently reestablished contact with Nagoon - an ancient Shell Hutt he had been on good terms with, but with whom he lost contact with about 40 years ago. The Shell Hutt Kajidii had been grievously injured in the war against the Bryn'adul and gone into hiding, much like Gorba - although Gorba didn't need to lose half his head and an arm to know running was the better option.

Now that he had reestablished contact with Nagoon, the two of them had worked on a plot to undo the Concord's influence on Circumtore. It involved a bit of bargaining. And Gorba loved to bargain.

From his private chambers aboard his ship, he placed a call to the nearest Silver Jedi relay station.

He cleared his throat with a guttural hacking once the connection was established.

"I am Gorba of the Bareesh. Bring me someone who can negotiate the secession of Circumtore from the Concord."

The diplomatic side of things had been quiet of late... well mostly because things were comfortable with the different groups across the galaxy.... at least they had thought. THe hutts were something different right now and it seemed they were demanding a world from the silver jedi.. a questionable thing to say the least but Matsu wanted to respond in a way that maintained relations. THey had helped with the bryn it didn't to well to attack their neighbors. So she was being sent preferably with one of the councils like Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor who could if anything maintain protection in a hostile situation. The diminutive Jin Jedi master was in her ship approaching the world. "Send a message to Gorba the Hutt Gorba the Hutt that the Concord is sending an ambassador and small group for talking with them." AN invitation for one of the businesses who operated across the galaxy with Sor-Jan Xantha Sor-Jan Xantha to help add perspective

Sitting in a business suite of a skytower owned by a Shell Hutt clan, Gorba did not feel particularly comfortable despite all the security measures the Shell Hutts had in place. Specifically because it was the Shell Hutts who had them, not him. Not Bareesh. Never trust another kajidic. They only did what was in their best interests. They would expect the same of Gorba. So, while the Hutts presented a united front to outsiders, there had been betrayals in the past of Hutts getting rid of rivals by handing them over to galactic governments. And those would not be the last, he was sure.

So, Gorba continued to wait, surrounded by a cadre of his personal bodyguards - which included several cybernetically augmented freakshows known as Ganks - and waited for the arrival of the diplomatic party. Wu Yeoh-Mei Wu Yeoh-Mei

tumblr_mff108dtlk1qibhi9o1_500.gif

I N T E R V E N T I O N
Corellia Digital Corporate Flagship
hZFxlpS.png
He had no idea why the Silvers were dragging him into this one.

Then again, he really didn't understand the relationship between the Hutts and the Silvers to begin with. Ever since the decision to move to Kashyyyk, the Silver Jedi Concord had been flirting with Hutt space -- courting worlds that historically stood for slavery and exploitation, encouraging their economic development and then turning them back over to gangsters.

Or just cutting deals with the gangsters themselves.

On a purely business or financial level, Sor-Jan could appreciate the simplistic notion of the cost of doing business. But as a company president and corporate shareholder, his fiduciary duty was to the profit margin, not to any moral code of conduct.

The Jedi, on the other hand, moral codes of conduct were supposed to be their entire deal.

And he knew. He'd lived under the yoke of those expectations before anyone alive today had been born, save for Valery Noble of the Galactic Alliance. That he knew of, anyway.

Cutting a deal with the Hutts was dangerous. They'd betray the deal the moment it seemed advantageous to do so. And probably already had a plan for skirting around whatever requirements the Silvers might try to attach to the bargain.

So he was a skeptic, but he'd try to keep an open mind for Wu Yeoh-Mei Wu Yeoh-Mei 's sake.

The message had indicated that Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor would also be joining them. That was good, because the Anzat would be curious what the Big Guy thought about all of this as well.

After their discussion on Coruscant, he had the notion in his mind that he and Caltin might be more aligned than he'd realized.

Still, if the Silvers wanted the deal to go through, then Sor-Jan wouldn't stand in their way. That wasn't his role -- even though he wasn't quite certain what that role was supposed to be. Advisor? If they wanted his advice, they'd get the hell out of Hutt space and then institute a neutral zone to buffer between them and Nal Hutta. Preferably with a trade embargo or blockade to try and keep the mafia and its spice-laiden flesh markets contained in the cesspool where it came from.

...but that probably wasn't realistic.

"Increase security. And launch a combat aerospace patrol around the ship once we've exited hyperspace," the boy remarked, speaking to the man who served as the vessel's master.

He wouldn't raise shields the moment they dropped out of hyperspace, but he was still operating on the assumption that the Hutts would double cross them.

Better to be pleasantly surprised if it didn't happen, rather than be caught off-guard when it did.

Through the large windows of the bridge, the mottled light of hyperspace gave way to the familiar backdrop of stars as the ship appeared in the Circumtore system.

After a moment, the boy turned to give a nod toward a communications droid to hail Gorba the Hutt Gorba the Hutt 's armada. "This is Sor-Jan Xantha of the Corellia Digital Corporation," the young Anzat announced. "I've been invited to partake in these talks at the behest of the Concord."

As much as he was happy for his friend Matsu Ike Matsu Ike , he was starting to miss the days when he and the Concord ignored one another. This was the second time he'd been called upon since the Atrisian had elevated to the position of Grandmaster.

If this continued, he was definitely going to start billing her.

"If a meeting space is required, the parties are welcome to meet in the Interstellar room aboard the Intervention," Sor-Jan remarked, as the message he'd received had not indicated an agreed upon location for the negotiations.

"If your Excellency agrees, please transmit any dietary requirements you may have and it will be our honor to host you."

The bile was biting into the back of his throat as he spoke.

But he'd been playing the business game for long enough to keep his morals in check.

Be careful what you wish for.

The last thing that evil wants...

76682.gif

resonant-staff-hilt-lit-6.png

"Vanguard" (Secondary - Long Handle)
0cf9376e75158d86a4aaeac9fb408128.jpg

"CONSERVATOR" (Primary - Long Handle)
Robes, Battle Armor,Toraynor-Henkan(mind crystal added) Advanced Jedi Utility Belt
Starship: Spectre, HK-88 (NC-1000 X-wing (Jedi Variant) in the hangar, Dilorian, and Bike both in the cargo bay, the late Karki Eusith's Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber mounted on the wall)
Foes: Gorba the Hutt Gorba the Hutt
Allies: Sor-Jan Xantha Sor-Jan Xantha Wu Yeoh-Mei Wu Yeoh-Mei

There is no diplomacy like candor.” - E.V. Lucas
I wish to speak with the Council.

"I am afraid that much of the Council is unavailable, would you like to make an appointment."

I am a member of the Council. Now please explain to me why I am the farthest from Silver Space assisting the Galactic Alliance on a matter and am the only one who has been contacted.

"I am afraid that this information is reserved for Council members. If you would..."

Annoyed at this turn of events that has happened every time he has been in contact with the spire, Caltin forwarded his personal information... again... something the big man had never had to do so much as once in the past.

"Oh, it says here that you have clearance to view Council only information."

That is because I am a Council Member.

"So it may seem. Well, as I told you much of the Council and apparently yourself included are indisposed."

I have real time locations for each of their transponders, again, I am the furthest away. Is this urgent?

"There has been a situation in Circumtore."

"Circumtore?" The Asteroid that they fought tooth and nail to get out of an insane Hutt's hands? That settled that, he set to best possible speed.

Send me everything. Now.

... is my undivided attention.

A Klatooinian with a massive underbite answered the commlink.

“Greetings, I am Brutus, head of the great Gorba’s personal security. He will not be coming aboard your ship. The meeting site is Circumtore’s Chelonian Tower, penthouse suite.”

The locals of Circumtore had control over the tower. Meaning that traditional law enforcement responded. The true powers here, however, were the Shell Hutts such as Nagoon. Gorba would rather be at risk of a betrayal by a fellow Hutt than to trust in the so-called mercy of the Jedi.

Sor-Jan Xantha Sor-Jan Xantha Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Wu Yeoh-Mei Wu Yeoh-Mei

Sor-Jan Xantha Sor-Jan Xantha Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Gorba the Hutt Gorba the Hutt

The jedi master was in meditation and she debated what they were doing going over many of the information packets they had. Sor-Jan was better at business ideas that they would be able to work with. She breathed in and then out as information about where they were going came in and she looked up and at the jedi master, business man.... "I have no idea what the plan is but these deals were made before Master Ike took over the jedi and with assembly approval. I do not know what the previous grandmaster was thinking." She said it but stood fixing her robes and scarf. Her hair in a tight ponytail as she did wish for protection Kurenai Yumi Kurenai Yumi could be here but she was busy with that mercenary life. "Bring us in and lets prepare for this."

The last thing that evil wants...

76682.gif

Robes, Battle Armor,Toraynor-Henkan(mind crystal added) Advanced Jedi Utility Belt
Starship: Spectre, HK-88 (NC-1000 X-wing (Jedi Variant) in the hangar, Dilorian, and Bike both in the cargo bay, the late Karki Eusith's Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber mounted on the wall)

"The Starlight Sentinel" set down in the outtermost landing port and out he walked. Caltin was indeed armed, he was determined, he was focused, and he was mad.
"Not very Jedi-like?" Screw you.

He acknowledged anyone who waved to him, Caltin had no issue with any of the people here. They were all good people who just wanted to make their own way in the galaxy. He did not want to let his emotions control him, but the last time Caltin was here, he nearly lost his left shoulder and arm helping the Concord liberate this place from a crazy Hutt. The last thing that this asteroid needed was another grtting to them. Even if it was some smooth talker.

There were Klatoonians all over the place, they clearly stuck out like sore thumbs and were not locals. One of them pointed him to the Celonian Tower, pointing to the Penthouse.

Caltin just shook his head "no." He was not going somewhere on somewhere else's terms. Especially not a Hutt trying to arrange a secession .

... is my undivided attention.

"Brutus, there is a human here. We pointed him to the penthouse, but now he is telling us no."

The captain of Gorba's bodyguards frowned at his commlink, "Keep an eye on him. We cannot trust the enforcers of the Shell Hutts."

Meanwhile, Gorba still waited in the penthouse suite for the delegation to arrive. He had several boxes on a table next to him. Though not clearly obvious at first glance, the boxes were fashioned from voidstone. But less to keep something out than to keep something in.

Wu Yeoh-Mei Wu Yeoh-Mei Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Sor-Jan Xantha Sor-Jan Xantha

Sor-Jan Xantha Sor-Jan Xantha Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Gorba the Hutt Gorba the Hutt

Wu listened to the head of security and looked at Sor-Jan. "Hmm you know would be nice if they tried to at least make it seem we weren't walking into a situation stacked against us." She shrugged, they needed to meet but she was looking at the other jedi for something.. she wasn't certain and suddenly wanting Kurenai Yumi Kurenai Yumi here was an important thing more so. "You ready for this?" She said it and moved tapping the computer. Her ships Ai able to come and get her good enough and the runabout shuttle to take them down if they needed more. Her robes gleaming and the jedi ambassador. SHe was looking at the penthouse with the runabout giving them the travel time down. The small Jin preparing herself as the doors opened to let them go out and get to the penthouse

(OOC - Sorry, was waiting on Sor-Jan Xantha Sor-Jan Xantha )

More and more were coming out of the woodworks. Clearly he struck a nerve, but the massive Jedi Master was not going to go into a situation that he was not in control of. This was a Concord Planet, they are under the protection of the Silver Jedi... you know what.

You might as well just try and pull whatever stunt it is you are wanting to pull. This is a planet under the protection of the Order of the Silver Jedi. I was one of those Jedi that ousted one of your Masters off of her little perch. Point all you like, you have no authority.

Leaning forward.

Absolutely none.

HK-88 Robes, Battle Armor,Toraynor-Henkan(mind crystal added) Advanced Jedi Utility Belt
Starship: Spectre, (NC-1000 X-wing (Jedi Variant) in the hangar, Dilorian, and Bike both in the cargo bay, the late Karki Eusith's Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber mounted on the wall)
Sanctuary Island

Last edited:
After several minutes, Gorba himself emerged from the lobby level of the skytower. His form flickered slightly due to the personal shield generator he wore, which ideally would protect him from an assassin’s blaster bolt. He rubbed at the side of his head where a gruesome scar turned one eye milky white, evidence of an attempt on his life long ago.

He could feel another migraine coming on.

<You.> He pointed directly at Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor . <Are we going to negotiate in the street like Tatooinian vendors, or are we going to sit down like civilized beings?>

His voice boomed out across the street. He was tired of half-measures. Sometimes if you wanted something done right, you had to do it yourself.

<I am not here to ambush you. Do you take me for a fool? Now come to the negotiating table and let us discuss business. The Shell Hutts have guaranteed the safety of all parties.>

Wu finally made it into the building.. the ship arriving and she breathed in and then out as it seemed something was happening. Caltin was here and he was talking to the Hutt... already... Oh her thoughts were racing mostly to figure out what the play was going to be or if there was a plan that she wasn't aware of. "Master Vanagor. THank you for coming." She said it with a bow of her head and the small jedi master walked forward looking at the large hutt. "I am Wu from the silver jedi, the assembly sent our small delegation."

The only reason that he moved at all was because of Master Yeoh Mei. No sense in taking a Hutt at their word because their word was worth about as much as the napkin they would use to wipe their mouth. When the "choice" was given of staying down here, Caltin remained silent for the moment and then planted his feet.

Down here is more open, better reaction time. So we can "talk" here.

Caltin Vanagor made absolutely no bones about it. He did not trust the Hutt in front of him or the goons in his employ. This has nothing to do with his past dealings of Hutts, or Circumtore's past at all. It was because of the way he chose to operate. There was something "wrong" about all of this and he was not going to just sit and wait for it.

HK-88 Robes, Battle Armor,Toraynor-Henkan(mind crystal added) Advanced Jedi Utility Belt
Starship: Spectre, (NC-1000 X-wing (Jedi Variant) in the hangar, Dilorian, and Bike both in the cargo bay, the late Karki Eusith's Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber mounted on the wall)
Sanctuary Island

Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Sor-Jan Xantha Sor-Jan Xantha Gorba the Hutt Gorba the Hutt

She listened to both of them and remained there... her face stoic... her thoughts more masked as mentally she was arranging flowers to anyone looking at thoughts. THe small jedi master bowed. "Lead the way to the penthouse." She said it and turned her head to look up at the big jedi master. "It might not seem the best but we should show a degree of trust master Vanagor." SHe said it and clasped her hands in front of herself indicating for the hutt to lead the way while her scarf gleamed in force energy and wrapped around herself with her robes. She could reach out and breathed in calmness as she radiated it

The hutt only laughed and slowly wormed his way to the turbolift. The lift groaned beneath his weight as the three of them got on, but in a few moments they arrived at the penthouse.

“Be welcome,” Gorba boomed, slithering forward to recline on an immense dais.

“I am no fool, Jedi. Your hate is obvious, but this is business. Sit and let us discuss,” he gestured at the couch across from him.

“You fear a repeat of the mad one you gunned down in taking this planet, eh? I am not mad. I am only interested in profit. You are only interested in order. Cede the planet’s underworld to me. Leave my soldiers to run the alleys. When the Consortium runs this planet’s underworld, you will see the violent crime rate fall. If you wish, keep the government. Say you still rule here, but do not interfere with my business or that of the Shell Hutts. In exchange I will allow you to… ‘free’ shipments of slaves every so often.”

Of course, even if they declined, Gorba would still take the planet’s underworld. It would just be a more violent affair, bathed in blood and bribes.

Wu Yeoh-Mei Wu Yeoh-Mei Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor

She continued to the penthouse and the seat indicated.. the deal was most one sided and to be expected. She wasn't going to kid herself and think it would have been a fair shake at first but negotiations were meant to be important and a first step.... though there was also other negotiating tactics and deals that could be made. Her hand came out looking towards Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor to give a moment when she shifted her eyes and smaller size towards Gorba the Hutt Gorba the Hutt . "I see thank you." Wu moved rising up and bowing for respect and kindness. "Thank you for hosting us." She said it while moving. "I will relay your terms to the grandmaster and the assembly along with my rrecommendations. If those are the only terms you are offering then we are done." SOmetimes best to walk away from bad business.

He did move onto the lift, and stood quietly. This may be "business" for the Hutt and that was fine, but he was concerned about the people and the hell that they had to endure. The worm no doubt had his misgivings about what the Jedi do and his comments pretty much confirmed Caltin's suspicions, but he was here for the people. He was not here for the government, the Silver Jedi, or the Concord as a whole, he was here to make sure that the people do not go through such an ordeal again...

... one was already too many.

Make no mistake, if I took you for a "fool", we would not be speaking right now. I believe you to be of a high level intelligence, even for a Hutt. However, while I am not a member of the Diplomatic Corps for a reason; please do not misunderstand me as I do not "hate" you or you being here. I am not the only member of the Order of the Silver Jedi that will not stand for another bloody ordeal on this planet, this is true, and the thought of it happening again disgusts me. However what is good for the people of Circumtore is their choice, not mine or that of the Jedi. If they wish to return to Hutt control, I can say as a member of the Council that it will be respected.

That being said... and take no personal malice in this but take it however you like because I speak only for myself in this matter. If I have a reason to return in any manner that is not a positive one... you, your associates, your subordinates and so on will want to leave quickly.

He spoke his peace, whatever would happen would happen. It was time to leave.

Sanctuary Island

A smile split the Hutt's face apart, the scar across his lips twisting them into a cruel sneer. His slitted nostrils flared in a snort and he chuckled, a deep and vibrating noise that rolled out across the room as the Jedi departed.

"Come back any time, Jeeedii."

Several days later, the assembly reached an accord with Gorba, granting his demands. He had, however, had to sweeten the deal by offering up the darkside artifacts he had recovered from the floating derelict in Concord space. A small price to pay, but a necessary one. The Shell Hutts could now be welcomed back into the fold, the underworld of Circumtore once more back under Hutt rule, even if the planetary government itself maintained apparent allegiance to the Silvers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom