Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Danger, Will Robinson

The dimly lit office within the tower on Bothawui smelled of whiskey and sweet cigara smoke. One deep breath in and I flipped off the HoloNews. Lots of updates about the incident that had occurred. It seemed to be a horrible surprise to many, but not to me. No, I had seen it coming for a long time. I had gotten out and scrapped assets in Republic space long ago. I must have been some kind of prophet because I had called it even before the fall of the Rebel Alliance.

I pulled up my messages on the Holoterminal and read the generic message from Danger Arceneau. Shame I hadn't gotten a more personalized one. The fleet assets of the Techno Union were prepared to provide significant aid to miss Arceneau of course.

//Transmission Encryption: Level Alpha
//Recipient: [member="Danger Arceneau"]
//Sender: Draco Vereen, Foreman of the Techno Union

Miss Arceneau,
This news is extremely troubling, and as a business man myself I understand your response to these actions. Any help my company can lend hauling assets elsewhere is of course offered and extended. Any fleet support I, or the Techno Union by extension, can offer need only be requested. I have several fleet officers standing by with small strike groups ready to defend the interests of the Union's friends and allies, as well as take a stand for Freedom.

It must sound odd that anyone is fighting against the Republic in the name of freedom, but then again, that is why I joined the Union so long ago. Trust me, the storm has just begun.

Yours,
Draco Vereen
//End Transmission

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
Alric let out a grunt.

It had suddenly become much colder in his bed, which was extremely noticeable when one lived on a space station. Elysium was a fine place to live, but for some reason their bedroom got immeasurably cold during whatever qualified as night for them. He wasn't quite sure why, generally Danger tended to have the heat on pretty high and the giant window made of Solarium glasteel was perfectly temperature proof in order to stop space from sucking out all the oxygen. Either way, Alric found himself tightly wrapped in blankets, his greatest source of heat noticeably missing.

His face turned into a frump, his eyes slowly opening as he realized that Danger had wandered off somewhere without a word. That was an unusual thing, generally she awarded him a few pecks or...well other things before wandering off to take care of things. A hand came up to rub the sleep out of his eyes, slowly pushing away some of the tiredness that carried through him. His head turned, and he noticed the bright blinking light on his datapad.

Slowly he reached out, grasping the device and unlocking it.

"Oh." Was all he said as he read through the hundreds upon hundreds of messages that he had received. A few were from Danger, others were from Vanir Technologies Executives, and one or two were from a bridal shop. The last few weren't as important contextually, they were just very nice and Alric forwarded them to Danger for later.

The former Titan read on for a moment, then frowned again. "Well, I guess she's not getting invited to the wedding."

These things happened of course, nothing one could really do about it. He yawned, then slowly tossed the blankets off of himself to reveal his aged, but surprisingly muscled body(ladies). Slowly Alric swiveled himself over the edge of the bed, eyeing his cane for a moment before deciding to abstain it's use. He didn't require the thing all the time, just if he was going to be standing and walking for a long time, which he didn't plan on doing. Slowly he pushed himself up, wandering through the apartment and noticing that the place was rather drafty. He found Danger, furiously typing at her terminal in their shared office.

He didn't say anything, not wanting to distract her too much just yet. He wandered around her slowly in her ergonomic chair, leaning down to look over her shoulder and kiss her cheek.

For a moment Alric didn't move, he simply watched as she typed yet another message to another corporate entity eliciting their help ad asking for them to come to this meeting. Alric saw the name being written, though it was one that he didn't recognize. Danger seemed focused, stern, and of course rather angry. He watched her for a moment more, allowed her to finish typing even as his arms began to slowly slink around her. She finished typing her message, hitting send with more emphasis than he thought was necessary.

A sigh escaped her lips, and that was when Alric struck.

His arms suddenly went taught around her, the muscles in his legs tightened, and with one quick scoop Alric pulled Danger up and out of her chair and over his shoulder. It took no time at all for him to begin the trek back to their bed.

Alndys

Mercenary, Artist.
Meanwhile, Silk Holdings had been operating quietly - not raising too much of a fuss if they couldn't help it. Their manufacturing facilities in Republic space began closing up swiftly and without ceremony, the employees in those facilities either relocated if they wished to be, or paid severance if they preferred to remain in Republic space. The company tried not to pressure them either way, and truth be told, had bigger matters on it's hands. Moving out of Republic space was the equivalent of boarding up the windows and doors for a coming storm, the war on the private sector.

Aldiel, day-to-day director of Silk Holding and majority stockholder, worked mainly towards minimizing the loss of civilian life - the Republic hadn't threatened Silk Holdings' facilities (yet) and so he had a bit of breathing room in this regard. Although he did not publicly declare any side taken, it was no secret that he condemned nationalist warmongering and, in the same breath, dispatched Pathfinder-Class freighters from SH's shipping fleets to aid in the evacuation of ACT facilities threatened by bombardment and unlawful seizure. Preventing the loss of life was, as ever, priority one.

Encrypted channels came through inviting interested parties to a summit to discuss the impact of this aggression on private interests, and Aldiel wasted no time in replying that he'd be present. There was no doubt that the time might be reactionary, bloodthirsty, and although he didn't agree with the Republic's unwarranted acts of war, neither would it do to have the deepest pockets in the Galaxy buy up enough bombs and soldiers to burn every planet in the Republic to glass. There'd need to be meditation and reason, and that was reason enough for Aldiel to make an appearance.

Solan had been a late one to hear of the recent actions made by the Republic, none of which had drawn his interest more than whom had ordered them. He himself had been not so surprised about the actions, but rather by the one whom had made them. Though, he knew as well as anyone that a taste of power can change someone quite completely. Something he would have to confront his friend over before the end of the days came to pass.

He would need an answer as he started to stand he looked to the far side of his personal study where a aide was working on some files for him. "Therin, do send my old friend a message, it would be [member="Geneviève Lasedri"] with whom this recent news is about. Inform her that i would request a private audience with her in her office... do include that she will be meeting with me sooner or later either way, but as a friend i would wish it be one that is sooner rather than later." He stood nearby and watched as the message was sent and he could not help but feel a bit of sorrow for the fact that this was all coming to pass in this way.

"Oh, and do make sure the Raven knows that i will not be taking no for an answer, i want the first shuttle to the Republic capital on hold until i get to it. I will be meeting with her and if she feels so inclined to reject such a meeting... well it would be a poor choice to cast away a friend's advice." His hands crossed behind him and he left without a single moments concern. Geneviève made a very poor decision, and Solan wanted to know why his friend had chosen this of all things to do.

Gilamar Skirata

The most important step is always the next one
An interesting situation he was in. Many of his corporate allies were basically declaring war on the Republic under Danger's flag and he was getting calls left and right to join. The issue was, MandalMotors didn't have any assets in Republic space. They might have had the off Mandalorian War Ship given as a gift during his and Mia's time as Mand'alor but other than those he had no eggs in this fight. However, his PMC was also working with the Republic. Mostly private security details with some more quiet work on the side. Hopefully she didn't call on them for aid. He would hate to make an enemy of Danger. And here was why.

While the Republic had its own military generals and admirals with astounding technology, Danger had one of, if not the largest commercial fleet in the galaxy and probably the largest privately owned combat fleet to boot. Even if she herself wasn't one to take part in combat he had worked with some of the men and women she had under her belt and they were no joke. Ex-Admirals, spec ops teams, hell even accomplished pirates turned legit. She also held hundreds if not thousands of stations along every hyperlane and trade route in the Galaxy. On top of that one of the Galaxy's most advanced and well led fleets had joined her side: Mandal Hypernautics. And with them probably came quite a fair bit of Mandalorian Clan support.

The Republic had essentially started a second war with a power that had no one seat of power and was effectively surrounded on all sides, not even including the One Sith they were dealing with. But who knew, maybe his client's clone army was really as elite as she thought them out to be.

Krenis Skirata

K
Madness. That's what this was and it stank of something far worse. Something he had missed the last time. A strangely convenient coup targeting the chancellor, or prime minister in this case and an alleged conspirator vanishing. They'd even cut off the feed, but Krenis had been up for hours replaying the footage. The dead were dead. That was certain. No, Palpatine had snuck this past him last time. He wouldn't let this Lasedri pull this again. He leaned against his desk. How to respond though? First thing was to make sure his troops wouldn't get killed by this idiocy. He drafted a quick missive and sent it to all members of the ARC program.

All orders to get involved with any operations involving corporations in the process of being nationalized are to be ignored and sent directly to me.

Then he studied the traffic that had just exploded around the holonet. Danger Arcenau seemed to be taking point in the resistance against these new steps, which he strongly approved of. This was a betrayal of everything the Republic stood for and he remembered similar actions during the Clone Wars. First, a message the opposition, all encrypted.

Mz. [member="Danger Arceneau"],
You do not know me as we have never met and I will not reveal my identity as it would compromise further operations on my part. I send you this to inform you that not all in the Republic military support these recent actions and I regard them as highly suspicious. Further information has yet to be reached, but I will be working on the inside to dismantle these operations as much as possible. Further updates will be upcoming. If you need to reach me, send all information to this address on Concord Dawn. I will receive and reply as soon as possible.

Then one to the Prime Minister. He wrote out a long, detailed explanation of why these actions were absurd, but then he deleted it and wrote a shorter one.
Prime Minister [member="Geneviève Lasedri"]
You've killed the Republic. We are neither militarily nor economically capable of surviving the repercussions you created.

He hit send, paused a moment, and then recovered the earlier draft, sending the more in-depth one as well. He leaned back in his chair, tapping his desk and making sure his Westar was nearby. No need to take extra risks. There was someone else. His clan leader was doing private work for the Republic and although they had never met, he felt perhaps it was time.

[member="Gilamar Skirata"]
Su' cuy'gar vod! We have yet to meet in person but given recent circumstances I believe such a thing would be warranted, especially since both of us are in delicate positions given recent events within the Republic. I am not at liberty to discuss very much through this channel at this time, but if a meeting seems possible, contact me as soon as possible.
Krenis Skirata

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Spencer Jacobs said:
Ashin Varanin , Wish I was messaging you with something better than what has been brought to my attention. It seems the Republic has taken a less than democratic step towards companies within their sphere of influence. I received this message from Danger herself. It seems the attack was on Brentaal and its not too far from where I've secluded myself. I'll be heading towards there to see what is going on. Hopefully we can meet up there and assess what the situation is. Danger has been good to us, I'm giving her my support in any way possible. The Republic isn't the Republic we knew and these actions echo a certain Sith Emperor if my history lessons are correct. Hope you're well, I miss you. Love, Spencer
"Well, feth."

Ashin surveyed the attached message, the one that [member="Danger Arceneau"] had sent, then returned her attention to Spencer's note.

Spence-

Arceneau's done right by us, that's true enough, but I don't have a dog in this fight. Because whatever screws the Republic has a chance of helping the One Sith, and there's too much red in that ledger. But if you're at ground zero like you say, I'll be there to watch your back. I'll get a Ke'dem strike force suited up. I'm at Daalang right now. Shouldn't take too long to get to Brentaal. Stay fething safe.

A message received, no response sent.

High above the planet of Kuat Lorelei Darke looked out upon her domain in silent contemplation.

Kuat System and the Kuat Drive Yards had long since severed ties with the Republic on the principal of survival. Under the throes of what had been deemed the Netherworld event as the shadow of the One Sith descended upon them, Kuat had made the wise decision to acquiesce ... but under their terms. The Burning Tree Treaty had seen to a cessation of any and all business dealings outside of the sphere of the One Sith Empire influence, approved allies notwithstanding.

The Republic had not seen a new ship crafted or shipped to them from the KDY since. Every KDY ship they now used, every fleet vessel, was old stock. They'd maintained grips over a minor tertiary KDY drive yard at Commenor for a short while. Perhaps they'd even accomplished taking it over and making it their own. Lorelei had her doubts it was of much use to them now, as cut off from the system as they were by the Sith.

So where did KDY stand in this? Certainly she'd like to jump the wagon, send off her private sector military to aid the spurned Trade Queen, but the fact remained that it was needed here. Lorelei did not trust the Sith - she knew better - and as tantalizing as it was to sting the Republic, it was old hat for the shipwright that had helped supply the One Sith Empire a portion of that very same fleet that had spent the last ten years waging war with them. Frankly, the strife within the Galactic Republic was out of her hands.

What was that saying? ...Not my circus, not my monkeys.

Yet perhaps there was something else to be done. Other strings to pull. Other cogs to turn. More clockwork to set in motion. Gears she'd had in her sights for quite some time now.

"Phe. It's time to pick up our golden assets on Coruscant and send them on their way."

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Danger Arceneau"]

Clan Rekali has no holdings in or near Republic space. That said, other Mandalorian clans and the Mandalorian people have a strategic interest in the Roche system. It's also worth noting that we've contracted for you in the past, and we're likely willing to do so again. We've noted your bounty on the Republic's clone army and may be taking steps in that direction.

In short, we'll probably do something, but there's a lot riding on the choice we make here, and we don't see it as a dichotomy. We're aiming for a solution that keeps our people safe, benefits them, helps you and yours, and doesn't benefit the One Sith in any zero-sum sort of way. We intend to act, probably in ways that you'd be happy to bankroll after the fact.

Keep us posted and we'll do the same.

Time: midnight

"Please, I swear, I don't know anything," the man begged James, raising his hands in terror.

The pirate, spacer, and smuggler glared down at the officer with rage in his eyes. This karking bastard represented everything James stood against. The man's leather jacket was covered with blood spatters, just like his knuckles, from beating information from this lackey. His cigarette in the man's lips smoldered angrily. He had heard from [member="Danger Arceneau"] ahead of time that there would be a seizure of his goods. The spacer was grateful, he would repay her--somehow. He was sure he would a way. First things, first, he would beat every ounce of information from this fool who dared to lead six men against old James.

The spacer grabbed the officer by the lapels and hurled him across the carg hold again. It slammed against the bulkhead, James heard a sickening crack, probably what was left of the man's right hand, shattering on impact. As the fool let out a desperate howl, James stomped vehemently on the man's foot three times, crushing it beyond recognition.

"Please, please, no more, I'll talk, I'll talk, I swear," the man pleaded between whimpers and sobs.

James hauled him up by the lapels, roaring in his bloody face, "Tell me what ye know, or I'll be breaking ye more!"

"Its a--total--take over. Everything. All you have. The Hydan Way, the Parlimian, and the Daragon, we have your transports on these lanes marked, we are going to ambush them while they are still in Republic space," he said before sobbing, "just please, please don't hurt me anymore."

James looked down at the slobbering, begging excuse for a man with disgust. He hated militaries. He hated governments. He hated people in power who thought they were strong enough to take from common, hard working people like him and call it their own. He would crush them. He would stand with his allies, any who needed his help, and he would make their enemies suffer. His armies, his fleet, his bases, everything was built with the intention of fighting tyrannies like this.

"Ye know what?" James asked bitterly, "I am gonna rip ye to peices. Ye armies, ye pathetic fools, ye everything ye have. Ye think ye can stop me? Ye think ye can find me? Ye leaders will beg for mercy before this is over, but every one of ye will die like the fething dogs ye are. I will spare none, I will wipe every one of ye of the face of the galaxy and when I am done--when I have fed the carion ye flesh and made the worlds scream out in agony as ye blood is splattered across it, ye know what is coming next?" he let the hot ashes of his cigarette fall on his captive, "I will wipe every mention of ye from history. No one will ever know ye lived."

The spacer barbarically severed the head from its body, tossing both outside. They would be calling cards to whoever was dumb enough to try and chase him. Letting his Lost Angel get off the ground, James sent out a broadcast to [member="stardust"] [member="Rose Blade"] [member="Kylo Kyr'am"] and all others in his company with a simple message lining out the specifics: they were at war with the Republic, spare none.

Danger had many, many replies to respond to.

First and foremost was the safety and security of her employees and those under her care. Aeri and Six were in the middle of deploying and relocating as many of their assets as they could while the merchant fleet defended itself against the Republic Clone Navy fleet.

[member="Judah Dashiell"]'s offer for aide along with Senator [member="Ordon Trozky"] 's would come forthwith and with much appreciation. [member="Aeri Vyn"] would be their point in contact as she was the Republic Representative for the Republic Sector of Arceneau Trade and its subsidiaries.

The rest of the messages would take time to respond to. [member="Cryax Bane"] was the premier contact when it came to cyber warfare, and this holo- conference she wanted to set up had to be heavily encrypted and secure. The Governor of Csilla would know best how to ensure it stayed safe.

To: [member="Cryax Bane"]
Subject: Nationalization of Corporate Assets within the Republic
Encryption: Secure

Mistah Bane,

I had hoped that we'd be able to meet in a much more jovial manner, however, that invitation would have to wait.

By now I am sure you are aware of the situation within the Republic. The nationalization and seizure of independent Corporations within Republic space is sure to have repercussions across the galaxy.

I aim to have a holo-conference call with all of these parties, and I need your help. I need to ensure a secure encrypted channel is secured, and I ask for your help to ensure its security.

Would you please be able to aide me in this?

Regards,

Danger Arceneau.

wVvoJkT.png

To: [member="Ostanes"]

Mr. Escria,

It strengthens me to know that I have your support in these times. The whys and where on the agenda of the Prime Minister and the Republic Clone Army is beyond me, but I do know that the safety and security of all those involved is paramount.

Any aide to evacuate and relocate assets would be greatly appreciated, as defending the well being of not only Arceneau employees, but of all the independent companies within Republic Territory is important.

We must stand united in this venture, for we cannot do this alone.

I thank you for your aide.

Regards,

Danger

wVvoJkT.png

To: [member="Taeli Raaf"]

Miz Raaf,

I am grateful for your support. I am shocked and stunned at the news. I am in the midst of setting up the conference call and will be supplying the applicable encryption code for entry.

My foremost concern is on the employees and their safety -- assets can be reclaimed at a later date. Their defense is paramount. I have already posted a bounty offering monies for information on the Spaarti Creations and the neutralization of the Republic Clone army itself.

Hopefully, we shall receive good news on how to move forward from then.

Regards,

Danger

wVvoJkT.png
The following message completely struck her by surprise. Spencer Jacobs? She only knew of one Spencer Jacobs. It was a name that was held with weight and consideration. She remembered her well.

The Queen of Eshan?!

Taking a deep breath, she would reply.

To: [member="Spencer Jacobs"]
Your Highness,

I thank you for your aide in the assessment at Brentaal IV. Any information you can provide on the status of the planet and the Republic Clone Army's movement would be greatly appreciated. My top priority is the well being of my employees and those of Salacia Consolidated.

You have my eternal gratitude.

Regards,

Danger

wVvoJkT.png
To: [member="Draco Vereen"]

Foreman Vareen,

I am at a loss for words at the news of your support. You have my deepest of gratitudes. This has all come as such a shock, but at the same time... expected. Word had been rumbling down the Hydian Way of the path the Prime Minister with her ties to the Rebellion. Considering the same nationalization done after the first Battle of Geonosis by the latter, it makes perfect sense.

It saddens me, deeply, that the Republic has fallen to such a state as to attack independent companies. More so the power grab by the Prime Minister streamed on live holo prior to the televised cut.

My priorities right now lie in ensuring the security and protection of those employees under my domain and those of the other affected parties. Defense fleets have been mobilized to ensure their safety from the unprovoked actions of this Republic Clone Army.

I have begun preliminary motions by way of a bounty. I hope that during the upcoming holo-conference call, we may all be able to work as a united front to discern just how to move forward then.

Regards,

Danger Arceneau

wVvoJkT.png

Danger still had so many more messages to write, other people to contact. She was so engrossed in typing her messages that she barely registered [member="Alric Kuhn"] 's presence. When she was in this state, she was beautifc tempest. Focused, determined, and unyielding. He too had faced this side of Danger decades ago, in the wake of their first meeting, in the times that followed suit.

How they had first become to be.

The warmth of his arms encapsulated her, the scruff of his beard rasping along her cheek. She had just managed to send a message to the Techno Union Foreman [member="Draco"] Vareen when Alric struck. Without further ado, he swept her in his arms, drawing her away from the data terminal. A protest rose from her lips, the beginnings of an explanation, the reasoning, the many things she would have to do before the night was done.

The Old Tetan would not have it. If anything, he knew the level of tunnel vision indignation the Queen of Trade could flow herself into. Especially when it involved those under her care. However, this was all reactionary -- whatever assets the Republic would seize will be done with or without the letters she so wanted to respond to.

Sometimes, one simply had to wait and see how the cards would fall.

Alric Kuhn was determined to distract Danger long enough to ensure that for her own good.

Miss Blonde

Trying to be straight in a crooked Galaxy
[member="Danger Arceneau"]

Patricia sat back on her private beach on Relovian simply basking in the sun and watching her children swim and play in the water, her two eldest children of six and thirteen splashed and we're having a blast by the looks on their faces. Patricia always loved that, the way a child would just play, as if nothing in the galaxy mattered but that next gentle wave or that sand crab you poked with a stick. But for adults things were becoming more complicated by the moment.

Patricia had passed the clone army on to one of her most trusted friends and republic prime minister Gen, and she was going to make sure the den of republic traitors and Sith were cleaned out. Or so she had thought. Lifting up her datapad Patricia's heart dropped and her face went all but white, she didn't just? Did she? The woman had been pressed against a hard place and now she had to make a choice, gen had lost it. She had lost sight of the armies intention and was now starting to take companies away from business owners like herself, and atop of that there were the black ops missions that the commandos had been sent on on direct orders of the minister herself.

Her company had been targeted, she had been targeted, and by extension that would mean her children. While she knew danger wouldn't hurt a child the thugs she hired would do the same, so it was time to choose her babies over Gen who was now beginning to posses her company headquarters and other companies assets.

So with her holopad in her fingers she shot out a message to Danger to tell her what the hell was really happening.

Message Subject: Help me.
Sender: Patricia Susan Garter

Message: Over the last few years the Prime Minister has been compiling evidence and cases against members of the republic who were proven as traitors, however in her previous position she could not have senators, Jedi, and soldiers convicted of these crimes despite empirical evidence behind the claims. So she approached Spaarti Creations and myself for the commissioning of a new clone army with a single purpose. To protect the republic.

They would serve as soldiers to safeguard freedom and fend off the Sith, two hundred million units provided over the course of seven years all of which are now stationed across Republic space. The plan was simple, sacrifice a few pawns and take emergency power, remove and jail all traitors to the republic, and then return to the status quo.

Whatever this is, it's hurting me as well. Spaarti Headquarters is now under republic control and my company has been targeted by you. This wasn't supposed to go down like this, but Gen needs to be stopped. There are loyalty chips secured inside each clones head that have a custom program that cause them to be completely loyal to the prime minister. However these chips can be disabled.

I will give you the information and personal help on how to disable these chips, however I need both my name and my company removed from your bounty. Spaarti Creations is not supporting this, I repeat this. Spaarti Creations does not support the actions of the Prime Minister.

Patricia could only hope that things would go over smoothly now.

Aeri was the one to intercept the message.

She was currently enroute to Brentaal IV, personally moving to oversee the state of affairs and to bring the larger Arceneau Trade Company Merchant Defensive fleet.

When Danger stopped responding to her, the Zeltron knew that it was likely that Kuhn had something to do with it. Be as it may, there were several important measures to get to.

Scanning the information, Aeri took a deep breath. Her lips thinned.

To: [member="Patricia Susan Garter"]
From: Arceneau Trade Company, Aeri Vyn, Sector Vice President of the Republic Territories.
Subject: Republic Clone Army

Ms. Garter,

Thank you for reaching out. My name is Aeri Vyn, and I am the Arceneau Trade Company Representative for the Republic Territories. Forgive me for my terseness, but I'll get straight to the point. If this information was correct then we would be most grateful for your aide. We will need to verify it, but for the present time, as you are offering assistance, I will alert the bounty offices of the pending update to hold action against Spaarti Creations.

Could you please send me any and all information to neutralize the Republic clone army via their chips? How does one override it, and how long does it take? Any information you have is critical to managing any loss of life for all corporations involved, to include the clones.

Regards,

Aeri Vyn
Arceneau Trade Company

Subject: Never Go "Full Republic"
Recipient(s): Executive Council

-ATTN: [member="Danger Arceneau"], [member="Draco Vereen"] -

Miss Arcenaeu,

This news comes as quite the surprise. In this era of being constantly destroyed by the One Sith Empire, one would think that the Republic would have enough sense to keep as many allies as possible. No matter. Just as on Geonosis when facing those Damn Rebels, Arakyd Industries stands with you. I stand with you. The Republic will learn to never trifle with the Techno Union, or free trade for that matter.

The Arakyd Fleet is on standby. Just say the word.

-IV

---

Draco,

I am assembling the Fleet at Bothawui.

I'm going to need a drink when all this is over. You're buying, Mr. Golden Pants.

-IV

A beep, followed by a buzz, stirred Hamish from alcohol induced comatose. He scratched his bare, hairy, belly and yawned, then winced, as a sharp headache struck. Rubbing his forehead, the rugged man levered himself out of his armchair, knocking over an empty bottle of whiskey in the process. A small cuss later and he had stomped across his decrepit studio apartment to a small PDA-like device; the source of the buzz/beep combo.

"What," he muttered groggily.

There was a rather strange message displayed on the monitor, received from a one [member="Danger Arceneau"]. Hamish neither knew the woman or what the kark she was on about. He shrugged, searched her up on the extranet, shrugged again, then proceeded to his bed with whiskey in one hand, PDA in the other.

You see, Ham was quite fond of redheads and this Danger, well, she was a prime specimen. To badly quote a certain tuna loving individual, Ham unsheathed the meatsaber and cruised to delight speed.

Hira Mitsae

Ain't No Rest For The Wicked
Geneviève Lasedri said:
Sadly, most companies overestimated the strength of their undocumented 'elite' forces in the face of truly elite, documented classes of clone troopers, and underestimated the Republic's access to precious materials--such as phrik ore that could be found on Alderaan. For individual companies to have the ability to go up against an entire government was absurd. And even if struggles were put up, fleet bombardments could take care of that with a snap of a finger.

There was plenty of technology in the Republic's pockets, besides. This would be proven presently.

Lasedri leaned back and watched the multiplying reports of successfully seized assets.
The true sadness in this case was the Republic overestimating its ability to project power and its relevance as a government, because the sad truth was this. The Republic had neither of those capabilities anymore - at least not according to the common understanding of rationality and common sense. Picture this from the perspective of a sane individual: since the beginning of the war with the Sith the Republic had found itself defeated in almost every front, its armies were decimated, its fleets destroyed, since the beginning of the war it has seen its territory reduced by 3/4th... and that was being generous. Most, if not all of its extensive shipyards were lost in the same wars, the same went for their factories.

So what was left? The few fleets still patrolling the controlled areas - fleets that couldn't be taken away from their duties just at the whim of an insane despot, because if they did pull away to start those so-called fleeting bombardments... who would protect the fragile swath of territory from the One Sith? If those clone troopers were sent to pacify the corporate resistance... who would protect the planets that were under the threat of the Sith?

No, no. Any reasonable, sane individual knew that Geneviève Lasedri's new policy was going to crash in the face of reality. And this reality was that the armies and fleets were far too busy making sure that the Republic citizens were safe from the, very real, threat of the Sith - to get called away to nationalize a Corporate Entity that has always been neutral in nature.

This musing wasn't exclusive to Darell Irani, of course. Every CEO, businessman and reasonable sentient would see the truth of Lasedri's latest bloviation. An attempt to stay relevant in the face of... indifference. With the Galactic Alliance rising? The Republic was going the way of the Hyperspace cannon. Forgotten, left in the wake of far more succesful efforts.

So with all this in mind, Irani did two simple things. First he got in contact with [member="Popo"] and [member="Captain Larraq"] - Saiba had its own interests in the Phrik source on Roche, and Saiba would stand with Tenloss and the Mandalorians against this hilarious overextension on the Minister's part.

Second on the list was the lovely Danger's message to him, a reply went as followed.

To: [member="Danger Arceneau"]
Subject: The Third Flounce

Miz. Arceneau,

I have no doubt you have been very busy establishing contact with the various corporate entities of this Galaxy. It is clear that the Prime Minister has finally lost the last vestige of common sense, but that is neither here or there. If you have suffered any casualties throughout this debacle you have my condolences.

I have already touched base with Tenloss and Mandal Hypernautics, all three of us are commited to ensure the safety of our private property in the Roche Sector - the Verpine are frankly flabbergasted at this breach of their sovereignty, and I have taken steps to ensure that they, too, are supported throughout this ordeal. But rest assured, I stand at your side and with me every corporate entity I control.

Now, I have a system's worth of paperwork to sign and process, let me know if there is anything more that I can do.

Darell Irani

[member="Draco Vereen"]
Deep space near Dressel
Techno Union Second Fleet

“Lock down the starboard hangars!” Irys called over the din on the bridge. The flagship Jupitus shook as a wing of bombers made a pass on them. The view screens lit up with a criss-cross barrage of anti fighter lasers off the port bow. They were rewarded by a few bright explosions as several bombers were caught as they finished their pass.

“The Surprise Victory is taking heavy damage ma'am!”

“Order the Peace Brigade to assist with full ordnance!” she called. Her help display lit up with a series of red streaks as a full barrage was launched. Another screen showed the Republic cruiser’s shields falter. The Surprise Victory intensified its batteries and the cruiser’s hull buckled. Timing was key, Irys knew, you had to apply force in the right places at the right times to win key victories to turn the battle.

“Order the Victory to pull back and bring one of the Scythes around to cover them,” Irys said, her voice now calm.

“Ma'am, emergency orders from high command. We're to cease exercises immediately.”

Irys looked down at her screens, checking the messages were genuine. “End simulation,” she said. The imaginary Republic ships vanished from her screens, the damage counters on her own vessels faded away. “We have new orders. Recall all fighters, get them refuelled immediately. We need all vessels out of simulation mode and operational within the hour. I want us in hyperspace at seventeen hundred sharp. We're meeting up with the Third Fleet near Ruusan.”

~

The blue visage of hyperspace vanished in an instant. They were in deep space, in utter darkness, so it was only because of the readouts that Irys could see just how many ships had been assembled. It was a mixed operational fleet including the very largest carriers available, down to a large number of smaller picket corvettes. There was a large number of support ship as well, including massive refuelling tankers. They could permit the fleet to launch a foray deep into Republic space. Irys doubted that was a possibility. Events were repeating themselves. This was just like geonosis where socialists were seizing corporate assets, but it would take a lot more to make the Techno Union invade the Republic.

No, this was simply sabre rattling. The TU had assembled a huge fleet just outside of Republic space, but it wouldn't be used offensively unless in extreme circumstances. What they would do is provide a secure location for protection, refuelling and rearmament of any corporate assets entering or leaving Republic space.

A troubling development off the starboard side of the Core Worlds. Information flung wildly through the holonet to all corners of the galaxy. Spreading the new of the corporate takeover by the democracy of The Republic. Rayl couldn't help but laugh. It was quite humorous they'd resorted to this. A desperate last grasp to consolidate their power. Lucky Rayl had no interests in much of anything these days. Just himself for the most part. A message popped up in the notifications of his datapad, it whistled and buzzed slightly startling him. Rayl swiped the message open to see what it was about. The sender was his good friend Danger Arceneau. Reality hit him like a cargo freighter on a space bug. She'd have tons of assets within the Republic. Frantically he read through the message. It wasn't good. Action needed to be taken, but first he needed to show her that he'd support her. Rayl jumped up from the command chair, dashing for the door. "Someone hold the bridge and ready for jump to the Camias system! I'll be back" Rayl ran a ways to his quarters, there he'd stowed his old Black Sun equipment for secure communications. He'd left the syndicate as much as it had collapsed itself, but some systems still functioned thanks to the Tyrant. Rayl fired up the computer and began composing his message to the Trade Queen.

__________________________________​

Subject: Republic Nationalization Efforts
Encryption: Black Sun Alpha Omega

Danger, firstly, I want you to know you have my full support.

I can't believe what I was reading on the Holonet. Most of it gibberish, but I understand the gist of it. If The Republic is going to threaten one of my best friends companies I'll be damned if I stand by. I and the Tyrant are about to head up to Camias. I'll draw what support I can from the Cartel and have it ready to head where you need it in the east.

If there's anything you need me to do. Tell me. Remember the Tyrant's capabilities as a stealth ship. If you need some assets or people moved with no trouble I'm your man. Or to strike something. Otherwise I'll just operate on a reprisal basis. Whatever you need.

Message me back ASAP

- Wilded

__________________________________​
This was almost too crazy for belief. But it was happening. Rayl ran back to the bridge to oversee preparations. If this was really going to go down, he was going to be ready.​

Subject: Re: Nationalization of Corporate Assets within the Republic
Encryption: char *
ALT_hstrerror(int err)
{
static char buf[BUF_SIZE]; /* reb00t */ (buf, BUF_SIZE, "hstrerror-%d", err);
return buf;
}

Miss Arcenaeu,
It's always a pleasure to hear from you. I will personally set up the encryptions for you on Bane Innovation's own private channels. I'm working on a new form of network safeguarding that is so ironclad, it cannot even be decrypted by side channel attacks, such as acoustic cryptanalysis. In other words: it's practically unbreakable by the script kiddies in the Republic.

Free of charge, of course. Consider it a thank you for the unfortunate events on Taloraan.

-CB

#if ! defined(O_ASYNC) && defined(FASYNC)
/* Some systems define FASYNC instead of O_ASYNC */
#define O_ASYNC FASYNC
#endif

#if defined(MAP_ANON) && ! defined(MAP_ANONYMOUS)
/* BSD derivatives usually have MAP_ANON, not MAP_ANONYMOUS */
#define MAP_ANONYMOUS MAP_ANON

#endif

Tmoxin Temi was dashing off to a business meeting, but she dictated the following message to her assistant Beulah. She knew that her Master and friend, Draco Vereen, Foreman of the Techno Union was on the case, but she still wanted to send a note of support.

//incoming encrypted transmission...

As one of our long-standing allies and business partners, the Techno Union will do anything and everything to help you in this situation of turmoil. Our esteemed foreman has been in touch with you, and a Union fleet has been deployed to the edges of Republic to help safely escort personnel and assets out of Republic space. I apologize for my hurried message, but you are a busy woman as well, and I will let you get back to what you're good at - your profitable network of companies. You have my full support, and on a personal level if you need anything, don't hestitate to ask.

Warm Regards,

Tmoxin Temi

//encrypted transmission ending

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom