Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Danger, Will Robinson

Miss Blonde

Trying to be straight in a crooked Galaxy
[member="Aeri Vyn"] [member="Danger Arceneau"]

Well that was progress. Patricia had succeeded in having her name and company taken off the bounty for now, all she needed to do was solidify it and stand on the right side of this, she had a family to care for after all and living the life of a fugitive would be problematic for them. So it was down to business as usual then, she was going to have to aid the corporate alliance in their effort to retake their assets from Gen and whatever communist trip she was on.

"Erika! Kincaid! It's time to dry off, we'll go get ice cream when you're done." Patricia yelled to her two children and then went back to her datapad.

Send message...

Reply: You can't disable them, they aren't like a droid army where when you disable these chips they'll just lay down and die. While these chips are activated they hold complete loyalty to the Prime Minister, they will do whatever whenever and follow every order to the letter. But if you disable them there is a chance that I can get through to them and talk them down, there is a chance that they may not sway due to their conditioning to remain loyal to their fellow clone and Republic. But disabling the chips are the best shot we have of bringing things down with minimal damage. Otherwise it's going to be a fight for every inch of soil and a lot of people dead.

You need to get me to Cartao, Spaarti Headquarters. The clones inhibitor chips are a step up from the days of old, these are preloaded with hundreds of passwords that the chip switches to at random each day, and the computer that keeps track of the password of the day is located in my office. Cartao itself is considered to be the clone troopers home, there are a few million stationed there so unless you're willing to waltz into republic space with an invading army the best bet to get in undetected is me. If you can get me to my office I might be able to talk to them.

Also this might be of use to you, find [member="Commander Lusk"] he is a key element to having the clones stand down. He is part of the alpha wave clone troopers, the first two thousand clones that Spaarti created as a test and they do not have inhibitor chips. They now serve as the clone commando corps and the troopers look up to them as older brothers and sisters, they are their heroes. If you can get Lusk and the commandos to side with you, get me to disable the chips, then I believe we can bring order back to the Republic and regain your assets with minimal casualties. Make no mistake, people will die. The question you and the corporate alliance that has formed is how many need to before peace is reinstated.

Patricia then stood up and looked over to her kids that were dried off and ready to go. She then leaned over and kissed each of them on the head.

"So how about that Ice cream?" She said putting on the best fake smile she could.

A vast network created by living things. All-surrounding. All-penetrating. Binding the galaxy together...

Ah yes.

The holonet.

To: [member="Danger Arceneau"]

Most estimable customer,

During this time of crisis let it not be said that me and mine stood idly by. Darkwater Security is at your complete disposal. As is the Herglic Trade Empire.

Your wish is my command.

Yours cordially,
-Orcus

She skimmed the news feed with a pursed lips and a furrowed brow. With the quietest of sighs she pulled a cigarette to her lips, inhaling the smoke as if it was what was keeping her alive. Behind her a few Sekairo clansmen were standing nervously, reading off of datapads of their own, wondering what exactly was going on. The tension in the air was clear. Dozens of the clansmen were currently employed with the Republic, thanks to Clanmother Ven'Rain's orders. Whatever fell upon the government would, to a degree, fall upon them as well.

"This is troubling, Bior," the woman told her cousin, taking a long drag from her cigarette, an odd plainness to her tone. "I don't like what the Minister is doing. How does this help the cause?... We are burning bridges." A scowl formed on her lips, and she let a trace of frustration enter her voice. Politics were not her specialty- nor were business matters. But she felt that she knew enough about such things to understand the gravity of the situation that Lasedri had created. "One does not simply anger the Arceneau Trade Company. Not without paying hell for it."

A pained silence fell over the family. This was going to be bad for business. People were going to retaliate, coming back after Lasedri, perhaps after the Republic as a whole too. And unless the clan wanted to abandon their contracts early... The thought made the elder woman's scowl harshen. To abandon a contract was to go back on one's word- for a Sekairo, it was incredibly dishonorable. They rarely left a job unfinished, only doing so when the work started to greatly interfere with their family or their morals. Ven still wasn't sure that this job had gotten to that point yet.

"Should I start looking into alternative forms of income? With your reputation, in addition to the resources your marital partner has given us, we'd be able to acquire a steady contract nearly anywhere in the galaxy," Bior'Dar said, running a hand through his messy blonde hair. The man was the clan's financial adviser- though he occasionally doubled as one of their best assassins. He primarily handled business while the others handled the bloodier parts of the job. Usually. Not always. "Perhaps we could use this to our advantage. Align ourselves with the spited merchants, help re-secure lost assets, hopefully land ourselves a better arrangement."

She mused for a moment, taking in another breath of smoke.

"We'd be burning a bridge, too." There was a warning in her voice, telling Bior that he was treading on thin ice. What he was seemingly suggesting would have been considered blasphemy by one of the old Clanmothers. I sometimes forget he follows the path of the Renegade Son... she thought, thinking of her family's idols. Ven herself followed the Purified Son, putting family ideals first, the idea of morality coming in third place, right after credits. While Bior's suggestion would bring them plenty of credits, it went against an age-old clan principle.

"Think about it, oh revered Clan Mother. The longer we linger with the Republic, the less we find ourselves situated properly, comfortably. This is not our government to protect." Bior shuffled his feet, perhaps feeling the anger that boiled within his cousin. Or, perhaps, he was simply anxious about the shifting in power they were witnessing. Regardless, he stopped the moment that Ven stood up. As she turned to face him, the others and him bowed, acknowledging her position as leader of the clan. If she cared about the gesture, she did not show it.

"Get Lilith on the comm. We'll need her assistance when it comes time to terminate the contract."

Ceto
Ceto Engineering & Technology Operations
Orbital Shipyard - R&D Department

"We've adhered the solar-cell material to the outside of a silicone-based fleximer. The solar-cell support structure holds a static memory recall: when you power electricity through it, the structure goes from inert to rigid in the form of the original shape design. For the use of this project we've chosen a sphere, but it could be any shape."

It felt a bit like heavy silk in his hands, inert as the material was, and moved with a viscosity reminiscent of syrup, "It's too heavy. Too bulky. How do we intend to pack this into that case?"

"You have the 2XL edition, Sir. That case is for the Medium."
"And where is the Medium edition? That is the prescribed human size, is it not?"
"It was damaged in the last deployment test. We're developing another right now."
"How soon will it be ready for another test?"
"Two hours, Sir."

Darcy Sixsmith, President of CETO and gentile-being extraordinaire, gave a light derisive snort, "I feel like I'm holding a giant condom."

"Sir?"
"Nothing. How is the case design coming?"
"We've installed a compact ion battery at the bottom in a thin turadium shell. It will have enough power to engage the sphere and run it for a few minutes while the solar-cells charge the generator. Once the solar-pack initiates it will be self-powered and recharge the battery in the case of malfunction down the line."
"But what if there's no sun?"
"Our min-max numbers allow for minimal radiation levels to power the life support systems on low efficiency."
"But what," Darcy breathed calmly through his nose, "if there's no sun?"

"Mr. Sixsmith! Mr. Sixsmith - urgent message from ATC."

In his office, mug of caff in hand, Darcy read the missive once, twice, thrice, and could not shake the curious feeling of isolation from his mind. It took moments like these - a letter regarding the infamous Galactic Republic at the other end of the galaxy - to put into perspective just how far he really was away from it all.

What could CETO do in a case like this? It would be nearly a month before any efforts on his part would reach fruition within GR space. By then the feud could be over ... or not. Who knew. But ATC had historically helped the development of the drive yards he ran today. They ran a sizeable chunk of the trade town on Aurum. They provided bulk durasteel orders to him at a discounted rate. He owned them nothing if not at least a commiserate return and a holographic presence at the convocation.

Darcy settled in over the holo-keypad and slowly tapped out a reply.

Madame Arceneau,

These are regrettable circumstances. Regrettable insofar as the great distance between here and there. I am unsure of how I can be of service in a timely manner, but I will to attend the convocation and give my support to you and to free trade and commerce everywhere.

Respectfully,
Darcy R. Sixsmith
President of CETO

Elias, once a man who had pretended to be useful and important within the world of business had long since grown a brain and instead settled within a favorite booth at whatever cantina it was that he acquainted himself with these days. Not one of those shabby "I really can't afford any better" cantinas, mind you, but it certainly wasn't one of those "Oh, you only make a million per month?" type of cantinas either.

His datapad had buzzed to life with notifications and messages. The recent rumor was that something was going on in Republic space, yet all the man had done was chuckle for himself, down another drink and take some extreme pleasure in knowing that ultimately the only headache that would affect him tomorrow would be dependent on how stupid he got this evening.

He neatly folded his coat around his forearm, approached the bartender, leaned in and whispered.

"Get another drink for my friend in the corner over there." Elias pointed at the rather distraught less-than-a-million-per-month trader in a remote corner of the bar. "He looks just about as down on his luck as I was a few years ago."

The bartender nodded and not long after that the pouring of a new drink was well on it's way. Eli's job here was done. Now, where had his friend gone? Oh, there she was. Seemed she was just about as happy to get rid of the corporate headaches as he was.

Good riddance.

[member="Judah Dashiell"]

Time zones were an interesting thing. While all this drama was taking place, Siobhan had been sleeping soundly in her bed, with two beautiful ladies curled up against her since she disliked sleeping alone. Their nocturnal activities had been rather, how shall we put it, taxing, and so she was soundly asleep.

Unfortunately, events conspired to pull her from her slumber when she heard a knock on the door. At first Siobhan, being a heavy sleeper, ignored it, but then the knocking grew more insistent and she slowly roused herself, still feeling very groggy. "Yes?"

A mental gesture opened the door and in walked Maerys Medea, Sio's Eldorai PA. The normally prim and proper woman looked quite flustered, even her usually immaculate hair was a bit of a mess. For just a moment Siobhan wondered whether her secretary had finally succumbed to her charms, but then she caught the serious look on the woman's face. "This better be important," she grunted, still feeling a bit annoyed.

"Sorry for waking you, Lady, but I'm afraid it is. Can we talk?"

Rather reluctantly Siobhan disentangled herself from her lovers, trying to get out of bed without waking up. Chesna continued to snore lightly and curled up against Hestia. Quickly Siobhan put on the first item of clothing she found, namely a red satin robe and led Maerys out of the bedroom. "Well, what is it?"

"It's been all over the holonews. Lasedri just nationalised all assets of ATC and Tenloss in Republic space. It's causing a, what is the colloquial phrase, political poodoostorm. The corporate world is up in arms, several companies are pulling the plug on Republic contracts."

Siobhan, who was still feeling groggy, tried to rub the sleep from her eyes. "You pulled me out of my bed for that?" she demanded, looking incredulous. "As much as I'm not keen on governments nationalising private property, I fail to see why this is my problem. ATC can look after itself, Firemane doesn't have any operations in Republic space. We have no obligations," She felt like going back to bed again.

Maerys, who by now was quite used to dealing with Siobhan's moods, remained composed. "Quite so, Lady, but we must consider that this may set a precedent and completely ignoring it may impact our reputation. Moreover, we are peripherally affected since Salacia has operations on Brentaal in cooperation with ATC. We have security forces on the spot."

Siobhan pinched the bridge of her nose slightly, looking thoughtful. Firemane had old contractual obligations with Salacia that went back to a time when it had been a small company. Moreover, Judah had helped during the exodus and she considered him a friend. She did not want to get involved in a foreign quarrel or burn bridges. but she was loyal to her friends. "Have we heard anything from Mr Dashiell? How is Salacia proceeding?"

"Last we heard, they are trying to evacuate the stations. We've received reports of armed clashes, but little definite intel. Commander Wyrick is in command."

"Instruct her to mobilise our troops on the planet and aid Salacia in pulling out. Don't pick a needless fight with the Republic, but if they mess with us, the use of lethal force is authorised. And get me a line to Judah and Wyrick. Put the QRF on standbye, just in case. And for feth's sake, someone get a cup of tea," she gestured to a servant girl who happened to be awake at this early hour. At this juncture, Firemane was going for restraint. Yes, Siobhan was being cautious and calm about stuff. Truly surprising.

Judah-

I hear you've got assets in Pub space. Let me know if you need exit cover.

Jorus

[member="Vaudin Miir"]

Vaud-

Last I saw, you were getting dragged off. Give me a sign here. You in touch? Let me know what's up. If I don't hear from you, I'll assume there's been trouble, and I'll come get you. One way or another.

Jor

Ceto, Salacia Headquarters

Morning was just beginning on Ceto. The seas were stained blood orange as the sun rose on the horizon. Caf, pastries, and fruit littered the conference room table since it had become ground zero for their operations. [member="Thessa Kai"] had brought him a suit, preventing him from continuing holoconferences in his pajamas. Adjusting the tie, Judah looked at the messages rolling in across his personal. Firemane looked to be up at 'em, with Commander Wyrick reporting in.

The Republic had quieted down, skirmishes became less frequent. Wyrick was reporting they were covering the backs of their salvage crews. Enough had arrived to pull the stations out of Brentaal IV and back into Techno Union space. Salacia offices on Maramere were reporting fleets had amassed on the borders, becoming a welcoming haven for fleeing corporations.

"Excellent Commander Wyrick. Its going to be a slow process so stay on alert."

Next was a message back to [member="Jorus Merrill"] , a surprise to hear from indeed.

Jorus,

Always a pleasure to hear from you. We're currently trying to tow a few stations back into Union space. I doubt the Republic will try anything with Firemane's fleet there but one never knows. Feel free to join them, it might give us a chance to drag out a few of [member="Danger Arceneau"] 's stations as well.

-Judah.

Lastly, he was placed on a early morning holo-call with [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] . He hated to wake Lady Kerrigan but such was the life of an owner of a major PMC company. Caf in hand, Judah took a few sips while he went through the circus rings of scantly clad 'aides' to be connected to Lady Kerrigan. Finally, her image appeared on the screen.

"Lady Kerrigan, how are the children?" Judah took another sip of caf. " Sorry to wake you. I'm sure you've been informed about the idiotic move made by the Republic? Commander Wyrick is reporting they've backed off a bit, no doubt there are bigger fires to put out beyond our stations. I'd like to keep a full defensive fleet around these things until we reach Techno Union space."

CC: [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

I can have people onsite to support Firemane forces in three to five hours, in force. Just give me some locations and we'll be there. My people've got some Rekali Ganker Limpets for rapid removal of large space stations. Remember the Saelari Medical Centre heist? Same thing, but better.

My one and only Padawan got arrested by the Republic. Waiting on word about that. Whether I have to go get him or not, though, my people should give you all the support you need. Ganker Limpet networks can get any size station out of a system in short order. They don't have a huge fuel capacity, though, so you'll need to refuel and support them to somewhere nearby. I'm thinking either the Kashyyyk/Trandosha system, no matter what the Techno Union's done. Either that, or Mando space. Of the two, I'd recommend Mando.

By the time Judah's call came through and he got to have a chat with Siobhan, the Lady had gotten around to dressing herself appropriately and do her hair. Alas, her firemane was still rather unruly, much like its owner, but that could not be helped. Lovely Atrisian green tea had helped wake her up a bit.

"My kids are wel, thanks. Enjoying trolling their mummies with snowball fights," she chuckled a bit before turning to business. "Yeah, I heard about this drama. Poor strategic move on the Republic's part. Rest assured, you've got Firemane's support when it comes to providing security for your evacuation. I don't want to get in the middle of a Republic-ATC tussle, but we'll help your people get out with your property. If the mob attacks, we're ready. QRF is on standbye if needed." A frown creased her features when the Techno Union was mentioned.

It was no secret that she was not well-disposed towards this nation. "The Techno Union, yes. Hopefully they've outgrown their predecessor's proclivity for dropping their shipyards on population centres," she said as an aside, before moving on. At this point in time she received [member="Jorus Merrill"]'s message. "Seems like Jorus is on board. I saw early prototypes of the Ganker Limpets in action when we heisted the Saelari station. They did the job well. I agree with his thoughts regarding Mando space."

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
iBorg Prosthetic Augments had not, as of yet, fallen under the Republic's scrutiny. Most of its facilities lay far outside Republic territory. However, one particular facility on Arkania was the subject of concern. The facility had started as a basic R&D adjunct, comparing iBorg's design principles with Arkanian cybernetic implants. The location had expanded in recent years, turning into a full-scale reverse-engineering branch. Arkania's history with cyborg techniques was unmatched.

At this point, Selka's Republic credentials were unimpeachable. She'd helped rebuild Ahto City, she'd once been a nominee for Chief of Senate, etc. Damaging those credentials with a full-scale evacuation would be a choice to make after due consideration. For the time being, iBorg would not evacuate from Arkania. However, sensitive acquisitions, prototypes, equipment, and individuals were quietly transferred offworld. Records were re-examined and re-allocated by the appropriate departments. Project information was sent to the Corporate Sector and Ahto City. The Arkania facility became somewhere that iBorg could afford to lose, if push came to shove. The effort blended in easily enough with the mass corporate exodus, but was considerably less labor-intensive, much quicker, and significantly harder to notice than bulk evac.

[member="Danger Arceneau"]

The funny thing was the bulk freighter and remaining three fighter from its escort thought it could out run James. James, who had literally grown up on a freighter. James who had shot down more space ships than most beings saw in a lifetime. James who had partially disabled their drives with a few well placed ion rounds.

Pressing the advantage, the spacer shook his head. The fighters were turning to confront him. To try and stop the inevitable. He has to give it to them for bravery and diligence. Spinning, the spacer avoided the barrage of fire that the fighters were throwing in his face. He dipped at 000-mark-80 under, thrusting his engines to maximum. One of them gave chase, only to find that the Ablittor's flack gun was on a 360* rotating turret. The ship exploded into a firey blossom.

Looping back around, James caught the rear of both, firing a proton torpedo at both. The first managed to duck away, letting the explosive chase him. The second exploded violently, sending shrapnel everywhere. Hounding his next victim, James relentlessly followed every turn, twist, and spin. Unfortunately for the last fighters, James was too fast. On his third left serpentine of the flight, the clone pilot's ship intersected with a concussion missile. It too blasted into a brilliant plume of destruction.

Satisfied, James forced his entrance into the freighter. As the spacer swaggered down into the freighter, a pair of soldiers opened fire on him. James ducked, whipping his DeathHammer out and frying both. Stepping over both of their bodies he opened the hall to the bridge. He was rewarded with a chest full of a gauntleted punch.

Reeling back, James struggled to catch his breath as the clone in full armor advanced on him. James quickly assessed that he was likely the one in charge over the regular non-clone soldiers. The clone raised his rifle and blasted at James's chest. The spacer barely dodged, feeling the heat from the shot graze his chest. Leaping forward, he brought his elbow down with all his weight and momentum on the clone's shoulder. The both fell in a heap, James barely on top.

The clone gripped James's collar and rammed his knee into the man's gut, knocking his wind clear from his body. Barely able to move, he pressed the barel of his DeathHammer against the clone's armpit and squeezed the trigger. The spray of blood and smell of burning flesh told James he had hit his target. The hand slackened on the spacers collar as he was kicked off the clone and sprawling across the bulwark, gasping for breath. He watched the clone struggle up. The spacer had to hand it to the being, he was dedicated, if not misguided. He waited as the soldier raised his foot to crush James' skull. With lightening fast reflexes, he popped his DeathHammer up and squeezed a round into one of the most notorious weak spots of armor; the interior of the hip joint. A spray of blood and flesh burst from the wound as the femoral artery and the cartilage that held the bones together were both destroyed.

The clone, now bleeding to death in total agony collapsed, howling. James rose to his feet and watched without sympathy until its feeble cries ebbed to silence.

"Some super solider," he muttered, spitting on the carcass in disgust.

Four of the regulars looked on, holding their weapons with quivering hands. They had seen the barbaric dispatch of the clone, their leader, their warrior, their hero. James gave them each a cold look, "Ye wanna die like that too? Begging for mercy and screamin' for ye mommas?" He paused, "Then drop ye weapons."

The soldiers did as they were told. A few moments later he had secured the ship, the privateer confident and proud of himself. He shot a message to the redhead who had previously owned the shipment before settling in at the bridge, it was sealed off just in case someone got any foolish ideas and the crew was secured in a cargo hold, bound and unconscious. By the time the ship would be recovered, all that would be found was the savagely killed clone and tales of James' ferocity. Scawled in blood across the bulkhead would be one word:

FREEDOM

MESSAGE SENT TO DANGER:
Miss,
Ye have done me a great service. I owe ye greatly. Me and me crew have secured a thousand tons of ye goods in a series of blitz attacks from the tyrant that calls herself a leader. We be fighting for freedom. We wun't let them take ye like this. Please consider this a gift of me good will and fortune. I shall secure this outside of Republic space on Socaras. When ye want ye stuff I be glad to give it.

Please continue to keep the good fight going for the people. Let these savage dogs know what ye be made of. I shall continue to press me advantage until there be nothing left of the enemy but the blood of thar carcasses across the floors.
All the best,
Captain Justice.

"I want every available unit on the move, understood? Listen in for any news about what places are being hit. Look for patterns in the attacks, and for hell's sake, laddy, let us know if you learn anything important as soon as you learn it, alright?" She said, a heavy hand grasping her cousin's shoulder. The man only grinned at her, his sharp, pointy teeth betraying his mixed heritage. Though they were both of the Hapan branch, both Sekairos carried Firrerreo blood in their veins. It was one of the few things besides their mutual taste for bloodshed that they could bond over.

"I hear you loud 'n clear, ma'am! We'll give those sorry schuttas a reason to fear God! Hail the Renegade Son!" With that said Tion'Dar gave a salute, turned, and left the council chambers. Behind him a small group of soldiers (likely his adopted sons) would follow. They would head to the hanger, each man ready to head out with a 'unit', moving to find an enemy target and destroy it. Tion was a ruthless man, the crazy sort, who could tear someone apart without the slightest bit of guilt leaking into his heart. That's what made him such a good warrior.

He lacked tact, but he made a perfect sword to go with Lilith's mind.

"Do we have any updates from the other branches?" Ven asked the holographic form of her late cousin's wife. The woman had a lithe build, speaking of her years as a dancer. But, as many learned the hard way, her tongue was far sharper than even the line of her chin or collar bone. When it came to strategy, to negotiations, she was a master. Though she hadn't been born into the family, Ven considered her to be close kin. A trusted friend, even. "Have Neiv or Torren checked in?... What about Clanmother Ire?"

"Ire?... Do you honestly expect your niece to grace us with her voice? Nay, she has not responded to any of our messages. She's likely plotting her own strikes at the Republic as we speak, though. Same with her masters," Lilith responded, her eyes narrowing. It was no secret that she held distaste for the younger Clanmother. She respected Ven, but her niece was too young, too inexperienced for the position she held within the family. If only the war hadn't forced us to this, she thought with a scowl. "As for the others, we've heard bits and pieces. Communication with the Epicanthix branch is still rough as always. They've been a secretive bunch after Panatha."

"I reached the Nulls, however. Contessa, that lovely, lovely woman, is setting up camps for evacuated workers to stay while things are sorted out. Neiv, the wondrous Bear, is preparing his escorts as we speak. Nothing will break the aegis he has prepared. Of course, his partner, Diane, is readying her Rangers. They will be able to accompany you, when you are ready. Does that sound good?" Lilith raised her right brow, the intensity of her gaze almost unsettling. Almost. It was a look that Ven knew well enough.

"Yes, thank you Lilith. Keep me informed. I'll be heading out as soon as I can. Godspeed, and may the Purified Son keep you safe."
I'll be going to see the new movie in about two minutes, but once I get back I'm hoping to make a thread for the Sekairos to do their thing. If anyone wants to join in, whether to help fight the clones/escort the assets or if they want their company protected, feel free to send me a message.

Akatan Adasca

The Arkanian Dragon
Never trust a Spaarti clone. Words to live by, especially in the eyes of an Arkanian cloner. An artist, some would say. And if they didn't, they should. He had made that all but clear to [member="Zola"] on Ryloth, and back at the New Arkanian Legacy. A place that the descendant of the Adasca family, and rightful heir to ADASCORP, had decided would make suitable mobile headquarters. He had never offered much trust to the Republic, even while serving as a senator for a brief time. It was too riddled with regulation, too much power to one person, and money was thrown about like it grew off some magical tree. Well, no tree he knew of. Arkanians earned their money through genius and hard work, not taxation against the already poor.

So with the news, and even prior to that, Akatan had begun small blips of activity here and there. Nothing suspicious, given his transition to the ship as is. Under the guise of a former Senator, with the ties to a family that had been part of the republic for some time, a once fruitful hall of science and modern biochmestry became a shell. A machine here and there, but slowly devoid of worth beyond the equipment. Scientists had been left behind, to tend to things and their family, while others were permitted to board the mobile headquarters and take to the sky of Techno Union space. A place where he would never fear such art form regulated and taxed, morals and ethics getting in the way of beauty and its obtainment. He would be no lackey to such a circus.

So nothing changed, Arkania would slowly go dormant, its route already predetermined. And from the communication room of the ship, nearing the size of a city itself, Akatan opened up an encrypted communication with the most offended member of this strike. The proprietor of the Arcaneau Trading Company, [member="Danger Arceneau"]:

//Begin Encryption
//To: Danger Arceneau
//From: Akatan Adasca, ADASCORP
//Subject: Condolences

Miss Arceneau,

I am troubled to find the news of this day. I have always been a proponent of free trade and the will and fortitude of the stalwart capitalist. To impede upon that, the greatest of sins. While I have no military power or security force, I will offer aid in whatever manner I can. My ship can offer home to a select group of workers and laborers, until they can be re-homed.

​We've never met. But entrepreneurs must stick together, especially in times such as these. I hope this message finds you well.

Regards,
Akatan Adasca

//End Message
//End Encryption

Ayden flew out to Druckenwell at top speed. The repercussions of this day would be felt for months, perhaps years, to come. The Prime Minister had, in a single stroke, declared war on many of the largest corporations in the galaxy. Half a dozen other corporations had already pulled support from the Republic and more were likely to join suit. Already he was pulling reports off the Holonet of Republic military strikes at corporate assets within the Republic's diminished borders. Some strikes would succeed in suppressing and neutralizing corporate defenses. Those small corporations would have their assets stolen away. But the larger corporations, groups like Tenloss and Arceneau Trade Company, were too large for such measures to work initially. It would take dedicated assaults to bring them down, and that just meant a troubling dilemma for the Republic.

On the one hand, they were at risk of being bled dry from the mass withdrawal of corporate support. There were very few nationalized corporations out there that made the best tech. The bottom line of government bureaucracy kept that from really happening. But the free corporations, groups like Silk Holdings and Corellian Engineering, were free to experiment and try new things. The private sector held the power there, as it were. So if the Republic wanted to avoid losing the best and brightest, they had to send out forces en masse to secure those locations. But that meant diverting forces away from the war with the One Sith. The Republic had slathered itself up in barbecue sauce and jumped in between a rancor and a krayt dragon.

Arriving in system, Ayden was pleased to find that the corporate defense fleet was already mostly assembled. Three Antilles-class Star Defenders stood at the heart of the assembled group. They had been the heart of the Protectorate fleet, ships of the line that would take on any foe. Now they served the private interests of the Corellian Engineering Corporation. Gone were the Protectorate signs and paint. Instead three blue stripes were painted on the bow with a broken planet embellished over them; a sign of their lost world. Flanking them were four Noble-class Star Defenders. This ships were made as a sign of trust and friendship between the Protectorate and Republic. Now they were going to be used to put down one who should have been sheltered by their weapons. Six Horn-class Escort Cruisers rounded out the capital escort. Each of the other capital ships had similar stripes painted across their bow.

There was a cloud of activity around the ships as starfighters were prepped and loaded onto the ships. These ships had once ferried a multitude of fighters and bombers for the Protectorate, but many of those designs were the property of Fondor Shipyards. So instead the ships were being filled with Corellian starfighters. Eharl-class Assault Starfighters were landing in the escort cruisers while squadrons of Talon starfighters were being loaded into the Antilles-class starships. Swarms of Dagger droid starfighters buzzed around the Antilles looking for spots to land and clamp down to. Dropships were loaded up with a variety of HBD-300 series droids and loaded onto ships. This was war.

Now the time had come for action. CEC had avoided setting up production facilities within the Republic's border, and it had the barest thread of contact with the Republic to start with, so it had little to lose from this madness. But CEC was a trade partner of Arceneau Trade Company. Danger had been targeted, her assets damaged, seized, or destroyed. There was no way that Ayden and the rest of Corellian Engineering would sit by and let that pass without a response. He did not yet have a target in mind to strike at, but he knew that he had to maneuver the fleet closer to the Core in order to do it. He did not want to cross One Sith space, so it was better to get underway sooner rather than later. Coordinating the fleet through the Starfall, Ayden set the fleet's destination. Staring at the stars through the viewscreen, all he could do was scowl and think of how the Republic had been destroyed. Reports, rumors perhaps more likely, were coming in of Republic military crackdowns on planets across the Republic, such as on Carida. What would [member="Danger Arceneau"] call for now that it wasn't just corporations being targeted?

"The Republic is dead... And something monstrous has replaced it."

Something more for my use later than anything else. I doubt this is the thread that'll see the fighting break out.

CEC Defense Fleet - 12,376 meters

3x Antilles-class Star Defenders - 4,800 meters

4x Noble-class Star Defenders - 4,000 meters
  • Twelve M47 Illria-class Dropships
6x Horn-class Escort Cruisers - 3,000 meters
  • Five Eharl-class Assault Starfighters (One Squadron)
  • Six M47 Illria-class Dropships
32x Talon Heavy Starfighters - 576 meters (Four Squadrons)

----------

Total Numbers

36 Wasp-class Starfighters
60 Eharl-class Assault Starfighters
104 Talon Heavy Starfighters
216 Dagger Swarm Starfighters

156 Illria-class Dropships

6 Horn-class Cruisers
4 Noble-class Star Defenders
3 Antilles-class Star Defenders

[member="Geneviève Lasedri"], [member="Draco Vereen"], [member="Darell Irani"], [member="Popo"]

While the corporate leaders of the galaxy rallied themselves under the banner of ATC and the the fiery redhead who helmed the trade giant, Rygel Larraq rallied a much different organization. As his personal shuttle closed with the rapidly assembling Hyperion Security Fleet, Larraq called for the aid of the Alor Council. With or without the support of the Clans, Larraq was on his way to Roche.

As the holoconference continued, a quick and encrypted message was shot to the leaders of AEI, Tenloss, and ArmaTech.

To: Tenloss HQ, AEI HQ, ArmaTech HQ

Rally everything you can spare at The Wheel. Strike coordinates to follow.

Orphen was awoken by his line going CRAZY, looking to his encrypted system, he could see his own web of slicers and activists going crazy in a massive call to arms to help with everything that was going on. There was no way that this was true, Orphen took the the fleet, with fingers of fire and glorious eyes he typed up a storm asking for any and all information available to the slicer network on holonet, messages that had been intercepted or leaked, anything that had been made public by the crime lords or cartels or corperations that could be used as Orphen within minutes would become an expert on everything going on, looking up the histories and polls of the politicians who were directly involved, anyone who so much as said a sentence Orphen would look into their public background to garner any form of insight that could be gained. Looking to the system of his corvette class cruiser he spoke to Alpha:

"Alpha, open a line to Master Taeli, ask her what the **** is going on with the republic... and Taeli industries... I'm going to try and do what I can for damage control..."

Orphen began to open a poll, within the bowls of the holonet the avatar of 'Savant' would appear, shining bright and golden as the screen lit up with personal settings creating a theme of the hero whom had fought against the Dark Lord of the Sith whom had addressed the galaxy some time ago. Moving through channels which were known to be open to the cartels and the corporations which were involved, he would begin to type a message to the people, polling them to give their reactions and pleads to him, as hundreds of thousands of messages begging for non-hostility would come flooding to him one after the other, a clear sign of the rejection of the actions of the rogue prime minister from the people of the republic, many of them just people, others were officials, others other ministers being lobbied to have their say against this maniac.

As he was waiting, allowing Alpha to collect the poll he would compile, the squall of information spanning from across multiple worlds as Orphen himself wrote the covering letter.

"Miss Arceneau,

I know you not, aside from your reputation as a just and fair individual...

Nor would you likely know me save for the same.

I dare not state that I speak for the people of the republic, so I have compiled their responses in this message so that they may tell you themselves, Among these voices are senators, Jedi, military commanders, politicians, bakers, children, and honest men and women who all demonize the actions of the prime minister. I hope this message will show you that the republic is not your enemy, but a single individual within it, whom is our enemy also. She is the enemy of peace and reason, she has incarnated herself as a villain to all those who love freedom.

I beg of you to not strike blindly at the force of the republic, but to work with those who love our space and help in re-taking control and enacting justice.

Together we can be greater than we have ever been.

Together we can bring back freedom in the republic...

We're not lost yet.

Sincerely, Savant, Jedi."

Jedi posted the poll with the header letter to the web along secure channels which, he knew would quickly find itself to the ears of those who were leading the combined alliance which had literally set the galaxy against the republic, but their target seemed to be too wide, their guns aimed at the innocent, Orphen didn't feel like he could stop the onslaught... but he may be able to narrow the sights on the blaster rifle... The message would be sent with a temporary encryption code to allow the intended recipient to contact him... it led to a little bit of chaff, but, routing the messages through Alpha, he would ensure no other slicers would get into his system.

[member="Danger Arceneau"] | [member="Taeli Raaf"]

[member="Jorus Merrill"]
Deep Space

Veino rested his head on his chin as the holofeed of the debate played over and over again. This was bizarre. Hadn't Roth known this woman when he was with the Rebel Alliance? He sent him a quick message.

Roth. Control your girlfriends.

But there was something more serious. He recognized the senator who had been dragged away. Vaudin Miir. He was an associate through the Underground and given the state of this new regime and the executions that were airing live now, he could be in trouble. But then, so was Thyria. Who knew what the Final Order had done to her? Was still doing to her, even? He stood from his chair and kicked it in frustration. So much to be done. It was tearing at him, threatening to rip him in two.

He stopped and took a deep breath, wrapping himself in the Force, letting it soothe and calm him. Thyria was alive. He could sense her still. It was faint, but she lived. Vaudin's fate was less certain. He pulled a certain ring from his pocket and slipped it on his finger and composed a scrambled and encrypted message for Jorus.

Seeking friend taken by Final Order, but standing by to assist if Vaudin needs help. Just send the word.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom