Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Customs and Trade Stations on the Daragon Trail (Clan Rekali/Mandos)

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
The Daragon Trail, a more-or-less straight shot from the Deep Core to the old Sith worlds, ran directly through the middle of Clan Rekali territory, inside Mandalorian space. The Clan essentially controlled the Gordian Reach. Every entrance and potential entrance had a comprehensive monitoring setup capable of interrupting incursions before they happened. The Daragon Trail, however, was a whole other animal. By orders of magnitude, it was the largest and most widely used route in Rekali territory.

Various natural refuelling points along the Trail had acquired the force of custom, even after the Dark Age. Among those points were two particular locations, one at each of the Trail's entrances to the Reach. Desolate systems, desultory mining, a scattering of private fuel stations -- nothing major. Until today.

Each of the two entry points had the same allocation of resources.

• Four hex-rings of Kar'tayl Independent Sensor Platforms, moored in hyperspace and generally undetectable, concentric around the Daragon Trail, two rings before the customs/trade point and two after.
  • One Clan Rekali Waystation, open to the public, boasting a variety of frontier-style services.
  • A second waystation, for customs and tariff purposes.
  • A flotilla of Tegaanalir patrol craft.
  • The ability to call a really big nasty fleet.

The Kar'tayl platforms were meant for early warning, interrupting large movements, etc. They also served to redirect vessels that went off-course, which could happen this close to the Denarii Nebula and the Roil. Most vessels wouldn't encounter interference if they went along the route as normal and visited the customs station as normal. Trying to bypass the customs station, whether on or off the Trail, would earn interdiction and redirection.

Very straightforward customs and trade setup, if you paid your entirely reasonable dues. The fee regimen was comparable to that of most governments, though less spastic and random. An additional, though still relatively modest, fee applied to ships of Republic registry. There would, of course, be smugglers; that was expected. The Rekalis had a good bit of sympathy for smugglers, hence the sanitized fee regimen. Though they were death on slavers, they didn't much care about spice or guns.

But that was just the customs fees. On the upside, the Clan waystation offered a wide variety of services -- refuelling, processing, manufacturing, hyperspace cannon shipping, recreation. Nothing on the order of a Silk Holdings or [member="Danger Arceneau"] trade station, so far as fuel and such went, but still, you know, pretty nice after a long haul.

On the Coreward waystation, sitting on an observation deck, Ember was pretty fething pleased.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Aldiel D'Lessio"] [member="Taneith Vizsla"]

Ms. Vizsla, Mr. D'Lessio-

My name is Oren Beorn of Clan Rekali. I'm a counselor to the Clan Father, and I've been asked to reach out to Silk and ATC to gauge your interest. Clan Rekali has a full-scale hyperspace monitoring and interdiction net on every entrance to the Gordian Reach. It's meant to allow passage for trade but not military incursion. I've attached information on the customs and trade checkpoint at each of the Daragon Trail's two entrances to the Gordian Reach. We understand that ATC and Silk are experts in service provision along remote routes, and we'd like to extend an invitation to each of your corporations. Here's what we propose.
  • We understand you both have your own stations, and we'd be open to you moving new trade stations to these two points, obviously to remain under your control.
  • Official shipping from ATC, Silk, and subsidiaries would benefit from reduced customs tariffs.
Cordially,
Oren Beorn Rekali

[member="Oren Beorn Rekali"]

Mr. Rekali,

It is a pleasure to meet you. Reviewing the details and after discussing it with Miz Arceneau, we would be happy to accept your proposal. Also, on another matter, it has come to my attention that the Rekali Clan offers methods of relatively quick extraction of space stations were there to be a situation that may warrant it.

As such, we would like to extend Clan Rekali a long term standing contract to be evacuation and extraction consultants for Arceneau Trade Company. Of course, we ask that with the offer, there is no conflict of interest with Arceneau Trade property if you accept the offer. If this is amicable, we would be happy to proceed with the appropriate paperwork.

Should you require any services from Arceneau Trade or its subsidiaries, please do not hesitate to ask. We are willing to offer discounted fuel prices for bulk fuel for any of your needs should you require it.

Regards,

Taneith Vizsla

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Taneith Vizsla"]

Ms. Viszla,

I'll inform our people that ATC trade stations will be arriving at the two Daragon entrances to the Reach.

I've discussed your other proposal with the Clan Father, and he's more than happy to offer station transport services to ATC. That includes emergency removal and operations like the one ATC bankrolled over Echidna -- the moonlet heist versus Subach-Innes. Suffice it to say, we don't mind moving and removing stations that aren't one hundred percent held by ATC, if you see fit.

As far as fuel goes, the Clan believes in staying self-sufficient so far as essentials go. We've got our own fuel sources, enough for our fleets. What we don't have is the fuel to sell more than token amounts at our trade stations on the Daragon. The market's all yours if you want it.

Oren Beorn

[member="Oren Beorn Rekali"]

Mr. Rekali,

Sounds like we got ourselves and agreement. I'll send word back to Miz Arceneau about the details and start overseeing procedures for the move.

If you ever need anything, feel free to send me a holotext.

Regards,

Taneith Vizsla

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
CC: Oren Beorn

Ms. Viszla-

Oren has copied me on your correspondence, and I'd like to thank you personally for ensuring this agreement has gone as smoothly as possible. At your convenience, if you could send me some information about the makes and models used in ATC's upcoming presence at the Daragon waypoints, I'd appreciate it. I understand ATC uses a variety of station designs. I've had the chance to visit one of your Aurodium-class platforms, and I was very impressed. Whatever assets you choose to send, I'll make sure the Clan arranges a proper welcome for your people.

My compliments to Ms. Arceneau.

Ember Rekali
Aliit'buir of Aliit Rekali
Field Marshal

[member="Ember Rekali"]

Mr. Rekali,

It is a pleasure to meet you. I thank you for the opportunity to discuss with you directly, I am sure you are quite the busy man. Enclosed I have the details of the the stations. The Aurodium-class Trade Station by Corellian Engineering along with one of MandalTech's own, a MT 3000 Fuelling Station.

A pair of each would be suited for each of the entrances and if there is any trouble, please do relay that to me. We want to make sure that these stations work well with the current layout you are providing.

Once again, I thank you for this opportunity to work with Clan Rekali. If there is anything you may require, please do contact me at your leisure.

Taneith Vizsla
Arceneau Trade Company
Untied Mandalorian Clans Representative

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler

Ms. Viszla-

Thank you for the quick reply. I've looked over the stations' technical specifications and they're even more impressive than I'd remembered. As a result, the Clan will be boosting its security arrangements. We have hyperspace monitoring and interdiction assets in place in the surrounding area, out of sight of traffic, as well as rapid response forces. I'm sure ATC and the Clan will be able to work together on security arrangements, at personal and starship scales. As Oren mentioned to you, the Clan can provide discounted passage on the Daragon to ATC-registered vessels, and obviously we'd extend that courtesy to whatever security forces you find necessary. I can also assure you that I'll personally see to any incidental friction that may arise between our forces and ATC's security contractors.

Thank you,

Ember Rekali

[member="Ember Rekali"]

Mr. Rekali,

Thank you for the update, I will relay all details to the superiors on staff for the respective stations. I will transmit you their information and holo comm frequencies for direct representation and coordination efforts.

I am pleased we were able to come to an accord, and certainly look forward to any future business with Clan Rekali.

Regards,

Taneith Vizsla
Arceneau Trade Company
Untied Mandalorian Clans Representative

[member="Oren Beorn Rekali"] ~

I've been told that you are people worth consorting with matters concerning Old Sith space.

My name is Ludovic Sigismund, second of my name, and I am one of the last surviving Kaasian nobility. My family suffered greatly during the sundering, and for many years I have wandered... Seeking purpose to an existence that no longer had one, and during my travels I have come to the realization that my wallowing accomplishes nothing.

I plan to retake my homeworld, and bring it back from ruin and make it a place where men and women could look on with pride and admiration. Without the corrupting influences of the Sith, or these Primeval zealots... Or perhaps even the Jedi for that matter.

I beseech you for aid in restoring my birthright.

~ Lord Ludovic Sigismund II ~

The noble seal of the Sigismund family appears at the bottom of the message.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Ludovic Sigismund II"]

Lord Sigismund-

The Clan is sympathetic to your cause. The Aliit'buir has asked me to offer you sanctuary in our Rimward customs and trade point on the Daragon Trail, at the edge of the Radama Void. This point is heavily defended, and home to several very large trade stations. You will surely find resources, shelter, and allies there, as well as a number of potential routes to the Stygian Caldera.

The Aliit'buir's granddaughter, Lady [member="Mira Rekali"], has been sent there to meet with you personally at your convenience. We feel her meeting with you will be an important step for both of you. I will be in the area shortly thereafter if a further meeting is needed.

At your service,

Oren Beorn
Consigliere to Aliit'buir Ember Rekali

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom