Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cursed or Chaos?

Well, this has been an edifying read.

Some years ago I made it a priority in threads to:
1. Have a purpose to the thread. This seems obvious but, oh boy, so many threads are just waffles. You now. They. Waffle...
2. Get to the point of the thread in the first post, second minimum.
3. Wrap it up while you are still hot for it. Better it burn in yer bossom with things you could have done than fizzle out like to your 17th characters latest shipping disaster. Endings are more memorable than beginnings.

Has this worked? If you call a completion rate increase of an estimated 10% successful...but it's RP, this is how it rolls.

Yes, I chickened out on a Tefka insult because I am a scared little person on a scary internet.

Last edited:

Caedyn Arenais

C
Definitely Chaos.

These days I simply roll with it, go into threads expecting it, and then I can be pleasantly surprised and very happy when they last longer :)

In all seriousness, this is a lot similar to my mindset where threads dying out are concerned. It happens often and to everyone. The best advice I can give is to try not to let it discourage you. While there may not necessarily be a conclusion to the thread that you'd desired, you can rest assured that there'll always be more threads to come, as long as you're willing to keep writing.

I've heard of people taken it as a personal burn as well. Don't do this, it's life unfortunately and the muse can come and go depending on our individual moods/circumstance but it doesn't take anything away from you as a writer. Not if you don't allow it to, in any case!

Be careful what you wish for.
This is Tefka's feedback thread:

cd1_1800x1800.jpg

Subject 73 Red

We're more ghosts than people.
Delila Castillon Delila Castillon

I also had a similar problem when I first joined/whenever I make a new character. The worst was Tom Kovack, whose arrival seemed to herald the impending doom of every thread I put him in. People deleted their accounts rather than write with him.

I kid, of course. The curse of threads fizzling out seems to be a random malady, like catching a cold. It should pass soon enough, provided you keep chugging on. Not to mention that your writing partners may only be able to post at certain times or on certain days of the week, which can give the impression that it's fizzled out when it really hasn't.

TL;DR Keep doing what you love and have patience. That's the only cure I know.

why you gotta call me out like that

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom