CS/TX-02 Droid Bomber - "Horde-class Droid Bomber"
Out of Character Information
- Intent: The purpose of this submission is to provide the Confederacy of Independent Systems with a Droid Bomber of the "swarm fighter" class.
- Development Thread: N/A
- Manufacturer: Arakyd Industries
- Model: CS/TX-02 Droid Bomber
- Modularity: No
- Production: Mass-Produced
- Material: Durasteel, Agrinium
- Build: Swarm Starfighter (1/2 Bomber)
- Classification: Droid Bomber
- Role: Space/Air Superiority
- Height: 2 meters
- Width: 3.5 meters
- Length: 3 meters
- Power Core Generator/Reactor: Proton Fuel Cell
- Hyperdrive Rating: 0
- Minimum Crew: 0
- Optimal Crew: 0
- Passenger Capacity: 0
- Cargo Capacity: 0
- Consumables: 45 minutes of fuel
- Sublight Speed and Maneuverability: Class 3
- Standard Communications Programming
- Standard Navigational Programming
- Standard Targeting Programming
- Integrated Droid Brain
- Chaff Projector
- Proton Bomb Launcher (1; 4 Warheads) [or]
- Ion Bomb Launcher (1; 4 Warheads) [or]
- Laser Cannons (2)
The Horde-class Droid Bomber is the final member of the new generation of "swarm fighters" created by the Confederacy of Independent Systems. Like the Swarm and Hide-class of droid starfighter, the Horde-class benefits from the fact that it lacks an organic pilot. This advantage manifests in the area of response time and maneuverability, as droid starfighters are capable or reacting faster than organic reflexes and performing maneuvers that would typically kill an organic. However, the Horde-class lacks in the area of deceptive, on-the-fly stratagem; which is something any organic pilot can conceive through experience and reading the flow of battle.
Regardless of this shortcoming, the Horde-class is equipped with basic defensive measures that keep the expense of production to an absolute minimum, thereby contributing to the tactic of swarm warfare. An agrinium mesh has been incorporated about the droid brain, in order to offer some protection against electromagnetic, electro-proton, ion, and other armaments of the sort; but by no means does this protection grant immunity. All in all, the Horde-class, like all of the Confederacy's swarm fighters, was intentionally designed to be a small, generally "sub par", shieldless vessel so that Confederate vessels can carry more of them and employ the aforementioned swarm tactics.
As per discussions on Skype (@[member="Ayden Cater"]), this vessel is apart of the "Swarm Fighter" designation, denoting a purposeful, subpar armament and size. Through this, a ship carrying only swarm fighters would be given a 50% increase of the listed ship value; i.e. for every 100 ships on the standard guide, said ship would be able to carry 150 swarm fighters.
Image Source: AdamKop