CS/TX-01 Droid Interceptor - "Hive-class Droid Interceptor"
Out of Character Information
- Intent: The purpose of this submission is to provide the Confederacy of Independent Systems with a Droid Interceptor of the "swarm fighter" class.
- Development Thread: N/A
- Manufacturer: Arakyd Industries
- Model: CS/TX-01 Droid Interceptor
- Affiliation: Private Market
- Modularity: No
- Production: Mass-Produced
- Material: Durasteel, Agrinium
- Build: Swarm Starfighter (1/2 Interceptor)
- Classification: Droid Starfighter
- Role: Space/Air Superiority
- Height: 1.3 meters
- Width: 2.5 meters
- Length: 3 meters
- Power Core Generator/Reactor: Proton Fuel Cell
- Hyperdrive Rating: 0
- Minimum Crew: 0
- Optimal Crew: 0
- Passenger Capacity: 0
- Cargo Capacity: 0
- Consumables: 45 minutes of fuel
- Sublight Speed and Maneuverability: Class 1
- Standard Communications Programming
- Standard Navigational Programming
- Standard Targeting Programming
- Standard Sensory Suite
- Integrated Droid Brain
- Chaff Projector
- Discord Missile Launcher (1; 2 Warheads)
- Laser Cannon (1)
The Hive-class Droid Interceptor is amongst the new generation of "swarm fighters" created by the Confederacy of Independent Systems. Like its fellow droid starfighters, the Hive-class benefits immensely from the fact that it features an integrated droid brain over an organic pilot. Through this measure, the vessel can perform maneuvers which would normally kill a pilot and react swifter than humanly possible. However, the drawback in this is that the ship lacks the capability to devise cunning, on the fly stratagem like an organic. Despite this disadvantage, the Hive-class incorporates an agrinium mesh about the droid brain in order to offer it some protection against electromagnetic, electro-proton, or ion weaponry; which is an improvement when compared to the droid starfighters of the original CIS.
While a swift interceptor, the Hive-class was intentionally designed to be inexpensive, small, and deployed in great numbers. The majority of Galactic navies rely upon top of the line starfighters, whereas the new stratagem of the Confederacy is swarm warfare; much akin to the original incarnation of the government. Through the intentional design of a small, generally "sup par", shieldless vessel, Confederate capital ships can carry more of the Hive-class Droid Interceptors and employ swarm tactics against the enemy.
As per discussions on Skype (@[member="Ayden Cater"]), this vessel is apart of the "Swarm Fighter" designation, denoting a purposeful, subpar armament and size. Through this, a ship carrying only swarm fighters would be given a 50% increase of the listed ship value; i.e. for every 100 ships on the standard guide, said ship would be able to carry 150 swarm fighters.
Image Source: Dekus