Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crystals are good for all

Rex returned my thoughts. Stating evenly that the ship was ready. I could feel him draw closer and then pass us. While I didn't directly look for him, I was more focused upon Umai. I could feel the hot blood soaking into my shoulder through my clothes. I could feel the life of this woman on my shoulder slowly drain upon me. It was not good. She was losing quite a bit of blood. Taking one second to stop, I adjusted her so that my shoulder was pushing into her wound. Sure, it would hurt like hell, but it would put a lot of pressure on the wound to prevent bleeding out. Reaching up with my off hand, I slapped the woman's ass fairly hard. Almost yelling at her as I ran.

"No! You are not falling asleep on me. If I have to hold your eyes open myself, I will."

Racing into the spaceport, and down to our hangar for the ship, I ran through the doors and up the ramp with such speed, that when I tried to slow down, I almost ran into the wall inside the ship. Turning around the corner, to the med bay, I increased the volume of my voice just like Rex had stated.

"CHECKMATE!"

Uttering the word sent the engines into overdrive it seemed. I could already start to hear the ship move. However, I didn't care. I moved Umai to the Medical bay. Sitting her rear onto the table first, then pushing her off of me and letting her slowly lean back by my holding her shoulder and the back of the neck with my hand. Moving her into the table, I got right to work. Not even caring about pleasantries, or consent. I pulled the knife I gave to her, and cut open her shirt. Luckily she was wearing undergarments. My hands moved fast to the wound. Turning her body over just enough to see it the round went through her body, or if it was still in her. To my dismay, it was still inside. Chit

"This is going to hurt a lot."

I didn't wait for a response as I dug my finger into the wound. Feeling around for the bullet. Finding the back of a large portion, I smirked brightly as I took the knife, and replaced it with my finger. Focusing through the force, I slowly cut away the skin that was trying to envelop the slug. Then, pierced down further into the side of her skin, and muscle. The flat of the blade was up against the bullet in her side. I took one second to breathe before I focused upon the dagger. Magnetizing it, and the bullet. Slowly pulling out the round from her side. Once the dagger was out and I saw the round. I dropped both onto the floor without a care for them anymore.

Taking my finger again, I slid it into the wound. Making sure that nothing really dangerous was causing damage. Finding that most of it was muscle, and intestine that was damaged, I had a very small sigh. Holding my finger into her side to prevent more blood from oozing out of the woman, I reached over to the side. Looking for anything. Finally I found it. Taking the metal pen, I watched as the metal surfaces began to heat up. Slowly removing my finger and replacing it with this pen, I cauterized the wound just a bit. Enough to close up any major openings. While I did get some of the muscle and tissue layers, I reached to my side. Floating and slapping into my hand was the knife. Slowly and with the best precision I could, I cut away some of the burnt tissue so that the wound would still be fresh.

I sat it down upon the table next to the woman's leg as I reached to my side. The hook of a suture flew at me. I slowed it down not to poke myself. Then with the wire, I made an end. Looping it through the skin layer and began to literally sew the woman back together. Looking over to her face, I stopped for a moment to take my blood hand and push it against her neck. Pulse was faint, but still there. I then proceeded to smack her face a couple times. Not very hard, but enough to grab her attention.

"Hey hey. Come on. Stay with me."

[member="Umai"], [member="Rex Taff"],

Valgærd

Everything was going dark.

The pain was swallowing me up, the wound in my side tearing through my entire body. I felt like I was being split in two. I felt a slap on my rear, and Kalee shouting in my ears. I wasn't to pass out. I had to stay away. But it was so hard. Already I couldn't feel my fingers anymore. That was a blessing. Part of me hoped that this numbness would just take over my entire body. I just wanted the pain to stop.

"Mmmph" I groaned in reply.

I had tried to say more, to make actual words come out of my mouth. But it was so hard, everything felt heavy. My head ached, my side was screaming. I just wanted to go to sleep. We approached the ship, the woman shouting something as we climbed the ramp. I didn't make out the word, but the vessel apparently did, roaring to life. Everything was confusing, My mind was dull, no longer caring to make sense of all the sights and sounds.

Kalee put me down onto something. A bed? A table? I wasn't sure. I groaned softly as she rolled me onto my side, but I tried to help her as much as I could. I had slowed her down, failed her, she could have dropped me as she'd said she would. But she hadn't. I didn't know that I would ever make it up to her for that... but I wanted to try.

She warned me that it was going to hurt,

"Alright..." I managed to mumble.

I tried to brace myself. But nothing could have prepared me for what followed.

Kalee did something to the wound. I didn't know what, I had my gaze pointedly fixed on the wall. But even braced as I was, I threw back my head and let out a mighty howl of agony. The agony was tremendous. My entire body was on fire. I gritted my teeth, clenching my fists, and forced myself to be as still as possible. I needed a distraction, something else to focus on. By the goddess it hurt so badly! I didn't even care about my wailing. I just needed an outlet for the pain.

I've no idea how, but I heard the slightest chink of something falling to the floor.

It was the slug.

I focused on that slug. It would have been covered in my own blood, rolling across the floor. I summoned all of the magic I could manage, calling it to me. Doing this, I was able to stifle the screaming, focusing instead on my goal. All of my pain, all of my anguish, I poured into my objective. Slowly, so slowly, the slug began to roll across the floor. It rolled under the table towards me. The pain was still tearing through me. Kalee had paused to pick up a tool of some kind. I didn't know what it was. I didn't care. I renewed my focus on the slug.

It rolled slowly onto the other side of the floor, before beginning to lift ever so slightly into the air. The more Kalee worked, the more agony burned through my insides, the harder I concentrated.

Finally, the slug was floating in the air next to my free hand. I opened my palm and the tiny piece of bloodied metal fell into it. I closed my fingers around it, feeling the cold, wet metal against my skin. A loud gasp escaped me as I clutched my prize, turning my eyes back up to the woman that was saving my life. She looked... fuzzy. Everything looked kind of fuzzy. Now that I had nothing to focus on, my mind began to wander, drifting towards the tantalising nothingness.

But I had to stay here, with her. With Rex. I didn't know where he was, but I had definitely felt him before.

"I'm... not... going... anywhere..." I replied, resting my head on the table. It was... so comfortable for a table.

I could just... fall... asleep...

[member="Kalee Bladesworn"] | [member="Rex Taff"]

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
He got close to the spaceport, as he did so he saw the ship lifting off. Now for the hard part he force jumped his way up to the spaceport's roof. He pressed a button on his arm and the door opened on the ship. He force jumped his way onto the ship and then he shut the door behind him. He jumped int he pilot's seat and took the controls taking them into the upper atmosphere. That was when he felt [member="Umai"] getting weaker. He had to help if he could.

He went to the medibay on board the ship and saw [member="Kalee Bladesworn"] had taken the slug out of her. "How is she? I can feel her fading." He looked down at Umai saying she wasn't going anywhere but very slowly and weakly. The blood loss was starting to affect her. Rex called out "Lylek I need your assistance one of our own is fading I need to skills to help her." The response was almost immediate "My Stealthy Lylek you already have the skills you just need to open yourself to the force and touch the girl." "Thank you" he says walking over to Umai one hand touching her head the other the wound. "Kalee I need you to make sure she says awake while I do what I need to."

He began to open himself to the force, he feels the force go down his hands and into Umai. It begins to stitch her skin together at his beck and call. He was glad he had some knowledge of medical sciences. He feel the force revitalised the affected skin and making the heart build up blood cells again to make up for the ones that she lost. He could feel it all as he was touching her. He finally finished collapsing under the weight of his own body. "I need more practice in that before attempting it again, this was a last minute chance and I hope it worked. But we will need to wait half an hour before I am ready to fight again." Rex says lying on his back unable to move more than his mouth. "Please tell me it worked."

The ship was more under way as Rex came into the room. He began to talk to someone. While I did not hear it, he said thanks to whatever it was before walking over towards Umai. He was doing some kind of healing through the force. He was getting closer to healing the wound, but while that was good, he had to be careful. Healing a wound too quickly can cause a massive amount of pain. Added to this, If he over healed her, then parts of her body could be damaged by making her have a growth of cells that are not necessary, or worse, give her some form of Cancer.

When he moved himself away, I went through to look at the wound while he barely seemed able to move. I nodded my head.

"It looks to be fine."

Once he did that, I turned towards him. Knowing that Umai would be fine, I felt an anger in the pit of my stomach rise up and just spew from my mouth. I couldn't stop what I said until I said it.

"What you just did by healing her was reckless. What if you healed up her muscle and intestines together? Or what if you only replaced it with skin? Whoever you talked to helped, but you just rushed in to get her healed as fast as you could. Hell, if you overhealed her, you could give her cancer or growths that were not there before!"

Shaking my head. I growled audibly as I faced back towards the wound. Looking at the sutures. I took the tip of the blade to pull the skin apart just a second to see if there was any damage while my mouth would just not shut up.

"Healing takes time. Not everything can be rushed or fixed in seconds or minutes. Just... Ugh. I raced here, fed upon her energies, and risked my life to get here here, only for you to possibly feth up the healing. You may be a Viceroy, but you are no healer. If we are lucky, She will be fine."

After seeing that under the skin was actual muscle tissue, and with a quick cut to see that she did bleed from those muscles, I knew that they were connected and not just thrown together. Sighing as I closed back up the wound, I could almost feel the fire in my chest as I just wanted to throttle this guy. Rushing everything. This entire mission felt rushed as he wanted to make some stance here. Hell, we barely even got to see the city itself. Turning back to him, I pointed a finger directly at him.

"By the might of my sister Salee, if she even feels as much as sick because of your rapid healing, I Kalee Goddes of War and the Sword, I will come down upon you with the wrath of all of the Morossian Pantheon."

Walking over to the sink, Even with my bloody hands, I grabbed a cup and filled it with water while also grabbing some gauze pads, medical tape and wrapping. I turned back around to him as I soaked one of the pads in water to begin cleaning the wound of the still drying blood.

"That is no threat your Viceroyalty. That is a Promise."

Considering that this woman looked up to me, this woman wanted to follow me, to be a friend, and was someone who desired to become stronger, more capable, I felt responsible for her and her life. It was my fault she had been shot. I had not killed that sniper fast enough. It was my fault that she was bleeding out. She was my charge to be in care of. Even after speaking my words, I knew I might be reprimanded by someone. Or even the man himself. I cared not. Sure, the CIS and the Mandragora were a second home for me, and likely the only home Umai had. However, I would not let even a child such as Rex ruin that.

While Rex did have military service, while he may be an intelligent being, Even the smartest of people didn't know everything. Even after my almost 300 years spent in the Netherworld, I still had much to learn. Be that the truth, then so did Rex.

[member="Rex Taff"], [member="Umai"],

Valgærd

Ugh, why did everyone have to be so loud?

I just wanted to sleep. I was weak, I could feel the blackness closing in around me. Rest, sleep, my head was throbbing, aching. Why wouldn't they just leave me alone? It was Rex's presence through the force that I felt, before actually hearing or seeing him. He came in, exchanging a few words with Kalee. No... that wasn't quite right. She wasn't talking back. He moved over to my side, placing one hand on my forehead and another on my wound. I forced myself to open my eyes and look up at him. His hand felt cool to the touch, it was soothing.

"I'm... sorry..." I croaked.

I wanted to say more. This whole thing was my fault. If I hadn't suggested we go across the rooftops, maybe I wouldn't have gone and got myself shot. Some use I'd been. But before I could berate myself further, however, I began to feel something.

It began subtly at first, almost a tingling in my side. But as it continued, it grew stronger, becoming a burning sensation. My breaths quickened, my chest rising and falling rapidly at the base of my vision. I fixed my eyes on Rex, grinding my teeth so I didn't cry out. My side was on fire. Painfully slowly, I reached out with one hand, attempting to clutch at the wrist of the hand he had on my forehead. Tears spilled from my eyes as my entire abdomen felt like it was burning up.

Finally it overcame me, and I cried out. It wasn't the long, bestial wail I'd subjected Kalee to, but rather a low, long guttural cry. The pain was tremendous,I just wanted it to end. Even if I bled out, I didn't care, at least it would be over.

After what seemed like eternity, Rex finally stopped. He backed away from me, collapsing to the floor. I was grateful, not only that it was over, but that he'd done what he could for me. I wanted to say so, to let him know. I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out. Closing it again in defeat, I shut my eyes. Instead, I fell back onto my magic, summoning whatever strength I had left to speak directly to his mind,

Thank... you... I managed to send those two words, and nothing more.

Kalee, however, felt vastly differently. She started yelling at Rex, moving around to the wound and... doing something. I didn't even know, I was too tired to know, too tired to care. She seemed angry that he'd been... reckless, maybe? I was afraid, she was saying things, I heard the word cancer. What had he done?

Above it all, I felt embarrassed. This was all because of me. I was such a disgrace. We'd probably failed our mission because of me.

"I'm... sorry... b-both of... you..." I stammered. My voice was so quiet, so weak.

I didn't even know if they'd heard me. I just Kalee to stop yelling, and for Rex to not yell back at her. Honestly what I wanted above it all, was just to sleep. To bleed out, die, whatever. It was what I deserved for screwing up so royally. I cringed as the thought entered my mind, that wasn't true. I was just frustrated because of the pain.

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
[member="Umai"] sent me a thank you for doing what I had. I knew she would be I wasn't practised at healing and it was a last minute thing. But with the Lylek guiding me I knew I had done it correctly. I couldn't feel my body yet, I had once again pushed myself to my limits. I needed to stop doing that, I need to stop doing what I was doing being impulsive, it had nearly gotten me killed one to many times. This is the last time I do anything like this I swore to myself, my body can't keep taking the punishment.

That was when [member="Kalee Bladesworn"] started yelling at me. She said I was no healer she was correct and I also hoped I hadn't fethed up the healing process either, I may have some knowledge of how to heal people and had the Lylek helping me but even then I could have fethed up anything. Then she swore to come down on me like a ton of bricks more or less. That was also fair if I of all people had hurt someone I was trying to protect I would through myself out of the airlock. She said it was no threat but I promise, I knew it was I had made such promises before and had always followed through.

The days were longer on this planet than normal. It was a warm planet with a lot of sand, they had been deployed at his own commands. They were here to fulfil a promise to free a number of Chiss from slavery and to end all of the slavers. Their first objective had been simple. They had found the captive Chiss shortly after entering and then it all went south as more slavers showed up. Feth he lost 3 captives and one of his own men that day and the leader of the slavers got away. 3 weeks later he tracked down the man in a bar. When he left the bar no one was left alive inside and it mysteriously burned to the ground.

Finally coming back to the present day again he heard Umai apologising. Rex finally got back to his feet. "Don't you dare apologies young lady, it was not your fault it is mine, I had agents on world who warned me of the potential of these raiders attacking us and I didn't warn either of you. I thought I could control the situation, I have once again been proven wrong." Rex felt like such an idiot. "Kalee if Umai feels sick or even remotely different you have my express permission to leave my broken body in a dumpster. I screwed up and let both of you down. You were both under my command, the first time I lost someone I destroyed everyone within a cantina that my target was in. The last time I lost my whole team listening to stupid orders that I never questioned. This time I will finish every single one of these fething raiders off."

Rex... took my anger... differently than I thought. I fully expected him to start pulling rank and yelling at me. I furrowed my brow even as Umai started to say she was sorry. Rex got into it and stated very clearly and calmly that he made a mistake and that he would learn from it. I shrugged my shoulders and just turned to Umai. Sure, the man learned his lesson, but there was no need to console him. He was a grown man, he knew what he had to do. I do help when I want to, but anything else I could have added to the situation would have only made it worse.

Placing my hand on Umai's forehead, I gently pushed her head down a moment. Then while I now fully realized that she was still only half dressed, I looked around for a bit and found a simple white sheet that would have been used to conceal a dead body. However, I placed it over the top of Umai.

"You need to rest. Let your body fix itself the rest of the way. And yes, I will replace the clothes I cut from you."

Valgærd

The chiss stood from where he’d been on the ground after he’d seemed to disappear for a moment. If I didn’t know better, I would have guessed that Kalee’s yelling at him had brought forth an uncomfortable memory he perhaps hadn’t been prepared to face. I watched as he stood before us and spoke, accepting everything the woman had said, taking on the blame.

It struck me that even though he’d been backtalked by a subordinate, this was the reaction a true leader would have, when shown the error of their ways. I’d seen people that would reprimand whomever would dare talk back to them, in front of another no less. But Rex… he took it all to heart, learning from it. I respected that.

“Thank you, Rex. I… we won’t be leaving you in a dumpster, but thank you.”

Kalee seemed similarly caught flat-footed like I’d been. A glance at her saw the expression of surprise on her face. However, she didn’t say anything, instead moving to me and place her hand on my forehead. I obliged as she pushed me down. Honestly, I wasn’t far off laying back down anyway.

As she turned away from me I glanced down and realised what she’d noticed; my clothes had been cut away when she’d taken out the slug… and were now laying open. Immediately I blushed and tried to raise my arms to pull them back around me. But everything hurt and I could barely even lift them by the time she returned with the sheet. She lay it over top of me and spoke, promising to replace the clothes.

I shook my head as much as the pain would let me.

“Don’t… worry about it.” I murmured, feeling the fatigue clawing at my mind, “I… didn’t like them away.”

I tilted my head up towards Rex,

“Sorry… you had to see that.”

Huh… that’s funny… there were two of him standing there. I blinked, but it felt like my eyes didn’t want to open again.

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Then Rex stops watching Umai and Kalee before saying "But first we need to get out of the system and get back to a hospitial or that. The aqua droids will remain on planet and harass the Lok Revenants. Have a rest Umai we will get you home. The mission was a success anyways I got what I wanted the info on where to find the island."

Then Rex looks a Kalee."I am going to the pilots seat and we are heading back to Genoisis some of the best medical equipment and medical research is their at the moment."

Rex then leaves the two before overriding the auto-pilot and sending them in hyperspace. Soon they would be at Genoisis and home free.

[member="Umai"], [member="Kalee Bladesworn"]

Rex... took it rather well. Umai said that it would be alright, and that she was still sorry. With the added fact of myself not needing to replace her clothing. I shook my head. I knew full well that I would. I owed her that much. While Rex had started to mention that he was going to go to the cockpit, I turned around quickly at his statement. Hospital would be a good idea for her. Just in case, however I trusted myself with my own skills. Never hurt to have a second opinion. I clenched my jaw as I hated the idea of doing this. I was well within the right, and UGH!

"Rex, Thank you for your help."

As soon as I had spoken that, I turned around. The words felt almost sickly in my mouth. Not because they were false, but because I never used those words. I hated having to thank others for help, or even admitting that I was wrong. However, in this case, we both could learn from this. All three of us could. Turning my attention back to Umai, I tucked the sheet underneath her frame. While she had attempted to cover herself, I walked over to place a gentle hand upon her forehead.

I felt a weird feeling coming over me. I was unsure what it was, but I felt almost scared for the woman. I had only felt this way for one person. That was long ago though. They had lost their mind to the Chaos of Netherworld. I lost them to it. Seeing Umai reminded me of them... I felt... responsible for her almost. Still, I then released her head of my hand and walked out so I could shower, change clothes, and maybe, sharpen my sword.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom