Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crystals are good for all

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Rex was going to the planet Maramere. He was going to try to find some Stygium crystals to create stealth versions of droids. Along for the ride was [member="Umai"], and [member="Kalee Bladesworn"] the witches had asked to come along. Why Rex didn't know but he assumed maybe to get out or perhaps because they felt like it. It didn't matter either way they would help him find this Island of Stygium crystals.

Landing at Point Modie, the surface capital city of the water planet. He had brought a small group of aqua droids with him to find the island if he couldn't get anyone to tell him. Stepping out in his Raven armour with crow at his side, he activated the aqua droids. He gave them the specs of crystal they were looking for. They immediately jumped in the water and started looking. He also gave them orders to avoid all life forms. He didn't want to have to explain why a bunch of aqua droids had started attacking the mere for no reason.

Then he look at the city, it looked close to how Golbah City looked. With it's great spires among other builds it was breath taking. He hoped they would be kind to him and his companion. The original confederates from what he had read left a bad taste in the people's mouth. Here we go he thought to himself as he was approached by the leader of the city. "Greetings Confederates, Please enjoy our city and leave as soon as you have concluded your business." Before he could leave Rex said "I hope you know we are different to the original confederates, in fact I am the minister for science and I was hoping to apologies to your people for what my forefathers did." He stopped "I am listening." Rex continued "I wish to make repayments on behalf of the mistakes of the past and smooth the way for you to rejoin the Confederates again?" The leader looked at him "We will take the repayments and due to your apologetic nature we will consider your offer of friendship." Before finally leaving.

Looking at Umai and Kalee as the man went. "That went better than I could have hoped for, are you ready to move out?" He asked looking his gear over one more time, he hoped his agent here had a better time finding out more than he did.

Valgærd

I had watched the city come into view from my spot at the window on Rex's ship, flicking a glance at Kalee after a moment. In all honesty I had asked to come along for two reasons. For one, Kalee intrigued me. I could practically feel the power radiating from her. Sure she was a little scary, but I suppose, so am I. Maybe that's why we got along. When I'd heard that she was going to be heading out, I couldn't resist, I wanted to see her in action again.

The second reason I'd come along was even more selfish than that. I was looking, quite simply, for more chances to practice my magic. I'd hardly had the chance on my uncle's ship, seeing as he hated and feared it. But out here I was hoping for a few opportunities to put some of my practice into action, to see how good I'd become.

We landed, the ship shuddering as it expertly touched down on the landing pad. As Rex had walked out, he'd been flanked by myself on one side, and Kalee on the other. To be perfectly honest, if felt kinda badass. Beyond the bounds of the grand city, the glittering cerulean blue ocean stretched in every direction. I couldn't help but admire it as we began to walk towards the city, only to stop as we were approached.

I stayed quiet, letting the chiss handle the negotiations. As he smoothed something over with the man, I glanced at Kalee. I didn't say anything, but I'd hoped my expression conveyed my thoughts,

Who shoved the stick up his ass?

The man turned to leave, and Rex then spun to face us, looking over his gear briefly one last time. At his question, I nodded, raising one hand as a small round pendant floated out of my pocket and hovered in the air around my fingers. Leaning my weight onto one hip, I tilted my head to the side, curtain of long hair billowing in the crisp breeze,

"Ready as I'll ever be." I smirked.

Rex was here for crystals or some such... me? I was looking for mischief.

[member="Kalee Bladesworn"], [member="Rex Taff"]

It seems I have garnered a Shadow.

I could feel the pressure of her presence wanting to touch mine. The eyes wandering over my form, as well as her emotions of curiosity and wonder. Yet, I had a feeling it was not aimed at the city that we were visiting, or the Chiss male that was with us. While we were walking off of the ship, I was using my right hand to tighten the straps of leather bracers around my left arm. As it so happened, I was walking a little behind the man as he was the one who was leading us I guess. While I was powerful within the force, This man was a Confederate Viceroy. A high ranking official. I kind of had to follow his orders.

Despite this, I did find my way and watched the interaction between the man and the local government. Apparently for us to meet them off the bat, they knew we were here, and they knew we were up to something. Eyes would be on us at all times, even if we were alone. I saw the look that Umai gave me. One where she was not pleased with how the man had been treated. I shrugged my shoulders. I have dealt with worse, and will likely see it again.

Turning to us, the man asked if we were ready. It seemed other than the Chiss carrying his lightsabers, and maybe a pistol, I was the one who carried a beskad, a dagger on the small of my back, and a hatchet that was hooked on the right side of my hip. The beskad sheathed nicely upon my left hip, and hung from a secondary belt. However, curious to everyone else, was a severed head that was attached to my belt on my right kidney I kept it with me as a reminder of my past, and the horrors I have seen. Even though the dying skin upon my right hand was already a reminder.

I simply nodded my head to the Chiss man. Even if I had been proclaimed as a Goddess of the Moross Pantheon, not everyone followed me, nor my brothers and sisters. As such, my word had no power here. I felt kind of useless here. However, I will deal with it the best I can.

"Let's get in and get out. We can do politics later. I would rather not have eyes on me my entire time here."

[member="Umai"], [member="Rex Taff"],

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
"Too true [member="Kalee Bladesworn"] they will be watching us, that is why I sent some friends ahead just in case." Talking not only about the Aqua droids but agents planted in the city as well. Looking up at the city "Right so we are going to meet a contact of mine in a cantina not far from here." Then looking at the two thinking "Actually do you two want to have a look around the city, you don't need to come or follow me." Looking at the city "It seems quiet enough and I have Crow with me."

Then turning back towards the city "I will continue with my business but as I said feel free to explore the city, just one word of advice please don't make it any harder than it already is." He said looking at [member="Umai"] in particular "I could feel you emotions coming off you Umai and you are right he did have a rather large one stuck in there, so I would prefer no killing and no destruction." Then looking back towards the city he headed off towards it. Eventually finding the cantina he was looking for along with Crow and anyone who had decided to come along, he entered it.

Valgærd

With a flick of my fingers, I tossed the small metal pendant into the air, only to use my magic to guide it back into my pocket. With a sigh, I swept my hair over my shoulder, eyeing the Chiss. It was a good call, to have agents in the city, as well as the aqua droids he'd sent out. He was prepared, something of which I took a mental note. I glanced at Kalee as she spoke. She was all business, get in, get out, no fun.

Hiding my pout, I nodded at her,

"We could keep a low profile. What do you say? Straight to the cantina, or did you want to see the city a little?"

I tucked my hands behind my back, clenching my fists so I wouldn't be tempted to fidget with wisps of magic as I had been on the ship. I glanced back at the Chiss, chuckling at his answer. My uncle wasn't force sensitive, nor was anyone else on his crew. I was honestly still getting used to the idea that other people could sense the things going on inside my head. I shrugged at Rex,

"Whatever Kalee wants to do, I'll be with her." I glanced from the chiss to the woman, "if that's alright with you."

There was much I still didn't know about Kalee. If I had my way I'd sit her down and just bombard her with questions. She was incredibly powerful, I knew that much. I wanted to watch her, to learn from her. She was the opportunity that I never had on my uncle's ship. Of course... we'd just shared a transport over here. If she would rather just head straight to the cantina with Rex, or simply disappear into the city alone, I'm sure there was something I'd find to do in there myself.

[member="Rex Taff"] | [member="Kalee Bladesworn"]

Rex had called us here to aid him, only then did he want us to leave. After speaking about needing agents to help him in this area, to watch the city and to make sure nothing went wrong while he was doing his own job, I nodded my head once. Understanding. However, it was the playful tones, and the almost jumpy nature of Umai that drew my attention to her. She was wanting to stick with me. Looking between the two, I then offered up a hand to the Chiss male as an invitation.

"Go do your work. Get done whatever you need, but if you require assistance, you know how to reach me."

Turning to face Umai, her words were really just following after me. She wanted to be my shadow it seemed. I took in a deep breath and then sighed. I guess this is what it means to be a Goddess of War, and of the Sword. TO have followers who would want you at every turn. I would have to get used to it now before I could bring my Pantheon back into the light.

"Come. We shall find something to do while Rex works his magic with the locals."

It had seemed forever since I have just been able to relax mostly. In truth, it had been forever. With the time warp that is the Netherworld, I had mentally aged hundreds of years in the span of a couple years physically. I felt off with the world, and the Galaxy around me. Barely anything had changed. Sure the Factions, names, and places changed a little, but they were all the same. Still trying to survive in the galaxy the best way they can. Indicating for her to follow me, Umai had her pendant fall into her pocket as I walked off. Having two shadows.

"Fair warning, I don't normally work with others all that well. So if you start stepping on my toes, I will drop you harder than Themisces dropped his mirror."

I remember the old tale, the story of a man who had been the most handsome, and sought after man on Exocron. He dared anyone to dress better than he, and even stated that he would have the complexion of the gods. It was Neth, the God of Knowledge who then came down and caused him to be disfigured, and to his horror, the man would become the ugliest being in the universe. As such, the mirror he kept with him throughout the story was dropped to the ground and shattered. I spoke of this tale as though Umai was the mirror I would drop if she got in my way, or messed up too much. Sure, I would forgive her for the first transgression, but any further failures, and she would not be accepted so easily.

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Having left both witches behind he enters the cantina. Looking around for his contact he spots them in a booth. Being the viceroy for science came with it perks including any agents the CIS might have on other worlds. He sat down with the person, who turned out to be a Female Nemondian. Rex sat down in the booth next to her. She said "Do ravens always fly?" Rex had expect this is was to prove he was who he said he was. The counter was "When they do they only fly west." The Nemondian said "Your the scientist I was expecting, I though you would be less armoured than you currently are." Rex nodded "Can't be to careful now days."

A few moment pass and both of them got drinks. "So what did you find out." Rex asked. She pulled out a holomap "So I looked at the movements of the Lok Revenants, since they are actually still active and present on planet. They in fact helped the rebel alliance during the galactic civil war." Then she looks directly at him "Maybe it is good that you are well armed and armoured then." Looking about the map "I pin pointed that they came from about here, I am sorry that is as close as I got." Rex looked at it "That will be fine now I know where to send the droids to look." Then looking at the Nemondian "Thank you for this if we need you, we will call upon your services again." "Very well" was all she said, as she got up and left. Rex sent the coordinates to the droids.

Sitting in the cantina still he was approached by two men. Seeing them come he activated his comm link to [member="Kalee Bladesworn"]. Quickly saying to her "I maybe in trouble, don't come anywhere near the cantina understood." As they came closer he said "Greetings how may I help you gentlemen." They sat down and the first one said, "We don't like the CIS around here." Rex looked at the two "Please don't let past mistakes make problems between us." The second one said "I know what you are here for and will take you right there however you will never come back." Crud no way out peacefully "That is interesting, I thought you guys worked with the rebels." Then the first one speak again "Yeah we did why?" Maybe I can get past them now "Well I am a gray and the CIS is working againist the Galactic empire." The second man "Said a gray, wait a min, he is trying to trick us, kill him." Damn it. He used force speed to get his blaster out first, he had sent it on stun earlier expecting to running into trouble blasting both men with stun blots. He goes to the bartender. "I am sorry my friends there had to much to drink, they are a bit tried just leave them alone." Quietly pushing 200 credits towards the man "Yes they must have whoops how silly of me."

Then Rex got outside the cantina there would be more on the way "Nevermind taken care of, just so you know Kalee, you and [member="Umai"] maybe attacked soon." "I am going to the mayor's office but they know what we are here for as well, non-lethal force is authorised. Knock outs only no kills." Then think about it "You hear that Umai, you may be new but only Knockouts, no deaths okay, I don't want Darth Metus or Srina coming down on me for an op gone wrong understood?" He would wait for an answer before doing anything else.

Valgærd

Kalee was a little blunt, maybe a tad prickly.

At her warning, I nodded, letting my hair tumble over my shoulder and across one side of my face as I did. My uncle was similarly blunt with me, so I was pretty used to it. Stay out of her way, don't give her a reason to ditch me. Simple enough. As she began to walk, I joined her, shrugging one shoulder,

"I have plenty of practice doing what I'm told." I assured her, "and I'm better at staying out of trouble than I might look."

Rex left for the cantina. So for the next little while, it would just be Kalee, me, and a whole city to get up to. As we walked, I felt the air, cooled by the endless waves, caress my skin as we walked. No matter what happened in the city, it was worth the long trip here just to feel that salty air on my skin. I turned my face out to the water and closed my eyes, taking in a deep breath and just enjoying that unique air, soaking it up. Already I felt refreshed.

All the while I was next to kalee, I watched her closely. She had scars, several of them. Were it not for the roughness of her scars, mess of hair, and rugged leathers, she would have been quite the head-turner. In fact, if I'm honest with myself, I found the rugged, battle-worn look suited her, if gave her this hardened, 'warrior-queen' vibe. Honestly? It was kinda sexy.

Becoming aware that I'd been staring, I hurriedly turned my face away, my cheeks growing warm as I blushed.

We didn't get too far into the city before Kalee's commlink chirped. It was Rex. He warned us to stay away from the Cantina, that there might be trouble. I glanced to her, ready to follow her lead. I am my mother's daughter. From the stories my uncle told of her, she would have raced directly for the cantina despite being told not to, and it was my instinct to do the same. However, I resisted the urge, instead I busied myself pulling my hair into a ponytail. If there was going to be trouble, I wanted to be prepared for it.

"What do you think is going on?" I asked, not really expecting an answer from her.

Before long the comm link chirped again. Another warning, that we might be attacked ourselves. I let out a long breath, keeping myself from getting too excited even as my fingers curled, itching to cast a little magic. No deaths, no killing, stunning only came the clarification. I rolled my eyes, leaning over just a little to speak into the commlink,

"No kills. Understood. We'll meet you at the mayor's office."

I glanced back up to Kalee as presumably, Rex severed the connection. I had no idea what we needed to be ready for, but I tensed up anyway.

"Ready when you are, I guess."

It seems we are now on our own. I wasn't one for politics anyways. I was bred and built for war. For the fight. To have someone else's blood on my hands. Not to parade a girl through a city. I sighed a bit as we walked on. As we walked through, Umai's response of saying she could do what I asked received a quick nod. She was well content with following me. It seemed she wanted to learn not from be, but about me from what I could tell. She was someone who wanted to be someone. To reach a place where she dreamed of before. However, there was nothing for me to do. Nothing for me to show her. All I have learned, was over years of work, dedication, and training. She had a long life ahead of her before she could reach me.

However, living for hundreds of years in literal Hell, tend to break a person. I guess one day, I would have to show her what it was like. To truly find her own strength in a world where there is no force. Where there is nothing but mad minds and soldiers to always fight till the end of days. Walking onward, It was when we got a signal from Rex. Telling us to stay away from the Cantina. I rolled my eyes as Umai looked at me. I knew she was eager for battle. To test herself, and to see what I could do. She asked what I thought was happening.

"Politics are a game best left for those who can use a pen and a sword."

However, before I could say more, another call came up. Telling me that we might be having people coming to find us soon. He specifically told Umai to not kill anyone. Why would he tell her, someone who was new to war, and battle, but didn't tell a Goddess of war to hold her edge? I scoffed a bit and shook my head.

"Rex wants to take the moral high ground. To not kill people. If someone is about to give you the killing blow, don't be afraid to go against those orders."

Turning around, I started to head towards the offices. Taking the nightsister dagger from the small of my back, I tossed it towards the young woman. I then drew my own beskad. A reverse grip so that the flat of the blade was up against the back of my arm while I walked onward. That way I wouldn't have to draw it later and waste time.

"There might be some close calls, and guys running for you. If they get too close, Shove that into their neck, or joints."

As if on cue, I heard someone down the street yell at us.

"That's them!"

I shook my head. Reaching out with my hand quickly to send a force push down the entire street. Clearing a path for us. All I did was ran forward through the parting of people and the few soldiers right now. If we stayed here fighting, then we would never reach the offices. We had to meet up with Rex so he wasn't on his own. As much as I would rather have him tried harder to be more civil about all of this, one couldn't fault him for trying.

"Follow. Now."

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Rex moved towards the mayor office. Crow was still following him. I hope [member="Umai"] and [member="Kalee Bladesworn"] are okay. Looking around him as he moved through the city. Crow was still following, right then a chunk of the wall next to him disappeared. They were trying to snipe him, right this is not fair now. "Umai, Kalee they have snipers they are no longer trying to incapacitate, they are tying to kill. You are authorised to kill if need be, but please don't go out of your way to kill just anyone."

Moving along the back streets now, he got close to the mayor's place as he did, the guards started to shoot at him. "Oh come on seriously, this is getting better and better." He force pushes them both into the gates behind them knocking them out in the process. Getting on the comms again, "Watch out for the local authorities they are out to kill us as well." Strolling straight through the gates. "Right you coward were are you?"

The mayor heard the gates open. He looked out "I thought I told you, not to open the gates...." "Oh Kark, how are you still alive." Just then Rex uses the force to grab the man and pull him closer to him. "I thought we put the past behind us?" Rex asks, when the mayor replies with "Well you see ... I well was payed a massive amount to have you and your friends disappeared from the Lok Reventants they have never forgotten nor forgiven." Rex looked him right in the eye, still holding him in place with the force "Well trying to kill me is not acceptable, so you are going to tell me where the Island is or I am going to give you over to my friends when they arrive." Then Rex says "You have 2 minutes go."

Valgærd

Kalee was really no-nonsense.

Not that I minded, we were here to do a job, after all, not to go sight-seeing. But the thought did strike me as the woman took a dagger from the small of her back and tossed it to me. I caught it in one hand, my eyes widening as I got a good look at it. It was a Nightsister dagger, and I couldn’t help but wonder if it was like one my mother would have wielded.

I was pulled from my thoughts as she clarified Rex’s command, telling me it was okay to kill if it came down to my life or theirs. I mean… I’d been planning to anyway, but it was good to have the confirmation that at the very least I wouldn’t get dobbed in. I gave her a solemn nod and gripped the dagger at my side as we walked on. As we did Kalee seemed to become more alert. Following her lead, I kept my eyes on our surroundings as she suggested where on our adversaries I could bury the dagger. Neck or joints, not a bad idea.

As soon as she’d finished speaking, we heard a shout from down the street.

Kalee reacted first, using the force to clear us a path. Two words were my only command, to follow her, and promptly. I had no reason to argue. With everyone on the street still recovering from the force push, I raced after Kalee towards the offices.

My mind had begun to race, my heart hammering in my chest. This just got real. I vaguely heard another chirp from the commlink, but with the chaos ensuing around us, I couldn’t make it out. Instead, I just focused on the woman ahead of me, racing after her. We had to get back to Rex, Now.

Sending the men in front of me flying, I made quite the racket. Rushing forward with speed that could rival Aatrox and his mighty steed, I charged towards the two armored men. Quickly coming over to send the pommel of my beskad into their helmets. Two loud dong sounds came from them as they were knocked out. Umai had caught up to me in that time and was continuing to move on. It was very easy for me to catch up and stay with her. She was along my left side when I felt a twinge to my left. I didn't even think. Just reacted. Reaching out, I grabbed her arm, planted my right foot, and pivoted backwards to have her swing around behind me. Right where she had been standing was a massive boom with the permacrete exploding from a slug hitting the ground. As if on cue, Rex came on saying they had snipers.

"No chit."

He couldn't hear me because I didn't send it across the air waves, but I did have one thing to say.

"Silence. Keep talking on this line and they will trace us and you. Office will be suicide. Rendezvous at the ship, If you get there before us, wait two minutes. If we aren't there, then leave. We will catch up."

I didn't even hear his reply as I reached up to my ear and yanked the device out before tossing it a far way from us. I pushed Umai into cover as I spoke over the com to Rex. Sure, he may be a viceroy, but I had been spent hundreds of years in an almost constant state of battle and war. I knew how to survive long periods in enemy territory. He likely didn't. If he did, then I had a couple hundred years worth of practice on him. Reaching out, I grabbed Umai's ear piece, and pocketed it. Should they be tracking us, we will let them keep sight of us for a while more before throwing it somewhere to keep them away from us.

When I heard more soldiers coming our way, I plowed through the door of some mom and pop shope and headed for the back. Still holding onto the woman, I almost dragged her with me without even asking her. Finally releasing her as we came out the back way, I pointed at her face and looked directly at her for one moment.

"Do everything I say, without question, and we will get out of here alive. Think about what I said, or question me, and that is one more second they have a chance to find us and end us."

I waited for her response, which I knew would be something along the lines of a yest since she wanted to be my shadow anyways. I then set a nice jog down the alley so we could find a way out of here.

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Within two minutes Rex had the exact location of the island where the Lok Reventants were based. "Thank you for being so helpful." Rex says to the man. "Am I free to go now?" The man asks reminding Rex of their deal. "I will tell you what, promise to let you go, If you promise to actually consider the proposal I made and allow me to create a research base on the island." The man looks at Rex realising that he has no choice "Very well all terms are agreed to, should you survive against the Lok Reventants." Rex smiled "That's all I ever asked for." Dropping the man to the ground.

He left the man with his guards waking up. Rex was quite happy now, he knew were his enemies were and how to get to them. Also he had setup the planet to join the CIS. Moving through the back streets with Crow at his heel, he is almost shot by snipers several times. Well soon they would be either gone or under his control. He had hoped [member="Kalee Bladesworn"] and [member="Umai"] had made it to the shuttle. His comms were no longer working. Smart Rex thought Now I can't call for back up. Rex continued to move through the streets.

Valgærd

Kalee moved like she lived this kind of thing.

I hadn’t been letting the fear get to me for two reasons. One, fear is useless. It clouds the mind, slows your reactions, causes hesitation. It’s much easier to shove it all to the back of your mind, get through what you need to, and cry afterwards when you’re safe. Secondly, I didn’t want Kalee to drop me, to see me as useless baggage and leave me to run on ahead.

Before I could even react, she shoved me down behind cover as tiny explosions around us confirmed that there were indeed snipers about.

I couldn’t help but wonder if she too, felt afraid, or if she just had no fear at all, as she barked into her commlink, before yanking it out and tossing it away.

We couldn’t stay here, I knew that much. Kalee must have had the same thought as she busted down the door of some little building I didn’t even register. The woman hauled me inside. Normally I wasn’t a fan of being manhandled like this but in this situation, I was actually grateful for the direction. Just do whatever she says. It’ll be fine.

She grabbed my earpiece and for a moment I thought she’d smash it so we couldn’t be tracked, but she held onto it for a little before she would ditch it later… I hoped. The woman finally released me, but pointed a finger in my face, those eyes burning into me as she spoke.

“Lead the way.”

My reply was short, but there was little use in wasting more time with unnecessary fluff. I could pick her brain later… assuming we survived.

I followed her jogging down the alley, my heart racing in my chest. About halfway down the alley, I spied a large pipe, sectioned evenly all the way up. It’d be difficult, I didn’t even know if it would be any safer travelling along the rooves as opposed to on the ground… still…

“What about this?” I asked, stopping at its base and pointing up.

We’d be vulnerable for the climb up, but near as I could tell, we hadn’t been followed into the alley. If I was on my own, I’d already be scrambling up it, but I glanced to Kalee, waiting for her decision.

Jogging the distance to the end of the alley, I heard Umai's voice behind me asking about this. Looking at her, and then up, I could see the thoughts running through her head without her telling me. She wanted to use the advantage of high ground. Her expression was of her doing it now, but still asked because we had to work together to get out. I wasn't fearful of the option, but if the buildings were lower than the snipers, then they could take us out as we would be out in the open. Breathing in, I huffed a little before I rushed over to her side. Looking straight up, I thought about the time needed to climb up. It could be a whole minute or two depending on how fast she and I could move. I shook my head.

"We are going up, but you may not like this."

Putting my back to the wall, I made myself an imaginary seat. Holding my hands out, fingers laced, I indicated for her to step on them. As she would do that, I would speak to her quickly and concise.

"I will throw you up. If you over shoot the ledge, aim yourself to fall on the roof. Use the force to slow your fall, and try and roll when you impact. Increase the time in which you slow down your speed. I will follow up after you in a second."

Preparing myself, I centered my thoughts on the force very quickly. Nodding that I was ready, As soon as she would step onto my hands, I would throw my hands up. However, I augmented them with the force. Where as she would normally only be thrown maybe a few feet into the air, I tossed her with all of my strength and power. Throwing her as high as I could so that she could land on the roof. As soon as she got up. I turned around. Looking at the door, I could hear screaming behind it. Likely soldiers trying to get information on us, or rushing through scaring the people inside. I rolled my eyes as they burst through the door. Guns raised, and fired. Jumping quickly, I had an increased height, and then planted my foot hard into the wall.

Pushing off, I vaulted myself to the other wall. Avoiding some blaster fire, I then planted the other foot, pushing off again and again till I reached the top with only a couple of jumps. I clambered over the edge using my beskad as a stabbing instrument into the rooftop. Yanking myself up. I found that Umai was there still in one piece.

"They are right behind us. We need to move."

Rushing across the rooftop, as I neared the edge, I didn't stop. I sped up. Jumping at the last second to leap the distance of a few meters to the next building and rolled. Reducing the impact just a bit as I came up. Some of the roofing gravel was embedded into my leathers and skin as I came up. However, I had to duck as I felt a twinge to my right. Just in time, I felt the concussive wind of a slug passing just over my head. Closing my eyes as I prepared for the worst.

"Chit."

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Rex was almost at the landing pads. But then something niggled in his brain "Your companions are in trouble my Lylek." It was the spirit it was talking to me. "They are?" Rex would ask stopping for a moment. "Open yourself to the force find them, after this I shall give you a way to create a droid version of me." The spirit said. "Very well Crow back to the ship, look after it." He said to his droid companion. It gave a mechanical bark and ran off. Only after he was sure Crow was far away enough Rex opened himself to the force trying to sense his companions.

He felt them being chased through the streets. "How am I going to help." The spirit responded 'With the gift I gave you, my stealthy Lylek, use Force Cloak." Rex feels the power on the edge of his mind, "How long have I had this power?" He asked the spirit. "Ever since we bonded you have just not been taught properly yet." Rex nods this was true he was busy with many other things but he needed to learn soon. Then allowing the power into his mind he feels strange. Looking down he sees he is completely hidden. "Useful." The spirit says "Yes but if you use it to long you will feel as if my poison has affected you Lylek." He nods "I shall be swift yet stealthy." As he moves using force speed towards his companions I am coming to you now [member="Umai"] and [member="Kalee Bladesworn"].

Valgærd

Kalee agreed that we were going to go up, and in that instant, I felt a brief rush of pride. The woman was so much wiser than me, so much more experienced… more so even than her apparent age would allow for. And yet, she agreed with my suggestion.

But the moment was short-lived, we were still running for our lives, after all.

Rather than climb up the pipe, however, Kalee had a better idea. She leaned against the wall, putting out her hands, fingers laced together, palms up. I knew instantly what her plan was. Wasting no time at all, I placed my hands on her shoulders, catching her eye for just a moment before stepping up onto her hands with one foot. Our timing had to be perfect, and the moment she launched me into the air, I called on my magic, pushing off the ground as hard as I could.

Kalee had used her magic at the same time, and between the two of us, I flew up towards the roof. True to her suggestion, I aimed for the roof of the building, bending my knees and dropping one shoulder. However, with my magic, I was able to land in a crouched position, a little hard, but it took only a few moments to shake it off.

Before long she appeared on the roof beside me, the sound of blaster fire echoing below us.

“You okay?” I asked.

She was right, we needed to move. As the woman took off running, I joined her. Before us loomed a huge gap between buildings. Kalee sped up. So did I. I hadn’t suggested this route without knowing what it would entail. Once again, I called on my magic, pushing myself into the air as I reached the edge. For a moment my stomach lurched as the ground below me fell away. Ahead of me, Kalee landed in a roll. I slammed into the ground next to her, hissing as pain shot through my knee.

I gasped as the woman ducked, a shot to our right ringing out. Chit was right, we needed to move. I shot a glance to where the shot came from, before grabbing her elbow. Between her and where the shot came from, I kept us low, but started to run. A moving target was more difficult to hit than a still one.

Running across the roof, I suddenly felt something.

It was coming towards us, fast.

I stopped, glancing around,

“Do you feel—”

I was cut off by a sudden, searing pain in my side accompanied by a shriek that must have been mine. The ground came rushing up to greet me, but I had to keep running. Kalee had warned me that she'd drop me like that mirror if I couldn't keep up. The pain was paralysing, lancing through my side with every breath. I continued trying to run, but I was so much slower now than I had been before.

Umai was doing surprisingly well. While she was on top, we moved together over the top of the buildings. She ran in almost complete unison with me. That surprised me. She was pushing herself hard already. I could tell. Even at the one moment we stopped, I could hear her breathing becoming worse. While mine stayed still. Considering I had built up my skills over hundreds of years, and she had her normal life's worth, I didn't expect anything less. However, she in turn, grabbed my arm and continued us for moving. She was pushing herself harder.

While we were getting shot at, I did feel the presence of others around us. Even as she had let go of me and we moved in a line with one another, I was taking one second to look around us to see where these shots were coming from. It was almost at the same time that Umai spoke up. Saying that she heard something. I saw a flash to my left as Umai shrieked out in pain. Already, I drew my beskad. Aiming it up and launched it. With Telekiensis thrown behind it, and the size of the weapon, I heard a loud boom as the weapon broke the sound barrier, and then slammed into the windows where the person had once been. The concussive force from the blade alone sent the entire wall on that side to crash inwards. I called my blade back to me to be sheathed as Umai was still pushing herself to move forward.

There was no way that Umai would make it like this. She was injured. Hunched over further by the pain, and she still pushed herself. Rushing over to her, I reached out and grabbed her bloody hand from her side. Twisted her around and threw her over my shoulder in a fireman's carry. I didn't care what noises she made, but I would carry her. We were nearing the edge of the next rooftop. Still a couple blocks away from the Hangar. I guess this was like my life back on Manpha. Where I had to run across the treetops with the God Neth to chase down a Sith Spawn. This was the same. I used all of my strength to send me flying with a speed that could match speeders. My footfalls tore into the rooftops as I jumped up over the gap. Only to land with running feet. Not even slowing down.

I was silent as I rushed across the rooftops for a long as I could before having to drop down.

"Hold tight."

We plummeted down to the ground. Reaching out with my bare hands, I clawed my way down the side of a building. Hardening myself with Force Weapon to prevent the destruction of my limbs. Using so much energy, I couldn't help but feed upon the emotions of Umai as she felt so much pain and nervousness and fright, and exhilaration. I fed upon her powers so that I could get us to the ship. Slowly feeling the presence of Rex, I spoke to him through the force. I didn't care for pleasantries right now. I almost quite literally forced my mind into his.

"Those engines better be hot. Umai is hit. Not even a block away now. Just provide cover fire."

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Rex was moving along quickly still hidden from sight. He was closing in fast but less that a block away, [member="Kalee Bladesworn"] entered his mind. [member="Umai"] was hit. Rex gritted his teeth he replied with Continue going another 2 blocks the ship is there it is auto pilot jump aboard and simply say Check mate. You will have full control. I will remove these people for what they have done. I will find another way out, do whatever you need, I will be hunting these ones to the end.

He continued onward, he passed Umai and Kalee. Using the force to find the men who were following them, he pulled his light sabres in staff form, dropping the force cloak. He activated both, he didn't even give the men a chance as he sliced one in half and force pulling the onto the sliver end of his blade. Using force persuasion he made the other fear him for long enough for him to get back to the ship. They will follow you no longer, I am on my way back, but lift off without me. He says deactivating his light sabres and beginning to run back the ship.

Valgærd

I was ready for Kalee to run ahead and leave me, just as she'd said she would.

But she didn't. Pain was tearing through my side. I didn't want to look down at it, even as I felt myself slowing down and beginning to struggle for breath. Looking would mean seeing some horrible wound, probably bleeding profusely. My hand had gone to my side and now clamped over it, my fingers hot and wet. I wanted to keep running, I tried to keep running, but my legs buckled beneath me, and I crashed to the ground.

Kalee stopped, grabbing my hand from my side, no doubt to look at the damage. As she did, I turned my head away, not quite ready to look at it myself just yet.

However, she didn't pause at my side. Instead, she swung my arm over her shoulder, and hauled me up onto her back in a fireman's carry.

The pain screamed through me as she did, my side burning as it felt like it was being torn asunder. I gritted my teeth, biting off my howl of pain into a grunt. The woman told me to hold on, so hold on I did. I gripped onto her as tightly as I could, squeezing my eyes shut as she took off along the rooftops. My stomach lurched, we must have jumped off something. After a moment that seemed to stretch out forever, we slammed into the ground.

All the while, I was getting weaker. My vision was growing dark, and my limbs ached and throbbed. There was the niggling sensation in the back of my mind, not quite fear, but... urgency. I'd never felt anything like it. Had I not been clinging to consciousness with every desperate fibre of my being, I might have even cared.

In the fading, blinding confusion, I briefly felt Rex's presence.

He must have passed close by us. Were we near the ship? We must have been. I continued to cling to the woman as she ran, praying for the ship to come into view soon. We needed to get out of here.

All the while, I couldn't help but feel like it was me that had screwed it all up somehow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom