Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Crystal Clear

Crystal Clear
IlumCrystalCave-CW14.jpg

Tags: Rivenna Vehementi

Mi'la was a bit taken aback at what followed, as she witnessed her padawan burst into a green flame, her danger sense flared as she felt danger form behind her, and moved, only to find her apprentice there, hand outstretched as a chill flowed down her spine. To be frank, she had caught Mi'la off guard, as the knight stumbled back, eyes wide to see what her student had managed, and the confusion as she couldn't work out how she had managed it. "How...did you....?" She sputtered, dropping her barrier, and wanting to hear what the woman had done.

The crystals continued to chime on though, making Mi'la ponder what was to come next.

Rivenna Vehementi

R
Rivenna let out a laugh.
“Nightsister craft.
We have learned how to travel and navigate the tunnels of the Force. My ability is limited. I can do it in a room or perhaps across a planet if I try. I heard of One who crossed a galaxy, a Jedi named Skywalker, when he faced The First Order.”
It was strange to Rivenna how open she was being about the Nightsister ways, but with her coven gone, she felt someone needed to know their ways. It was a means of honoring them.

Crystal Clear
IlumCrystalCave-CW14.jpg

To hear that this was a gift of the Nightsisters, Mi'la had to ponder why the woman hadn't used this power before, but she was glad she hadn't used it against her on Mannan. She spoke of Skywalker, a name she knew from several recordings, but Mi'la was rather curious as to how her student learned such an impressive power. "Can you teach that power to others? It seems rather impressive, so I have to wonder why you didn't use this agaisnt me earlier." She mused, studying Rivenna for a moment, and smiling as she was at peace with the situation.

Rivenna Vehementi

R
Rivenna created a flame of emerald in herd hand.
“To teach the ways of the Nightsisters requires a ritual. The ritual can only be preformed on Dathomir.”
The Nightsister Padawan paused.
“I did not use this power on you during our duel because I was confident I didn’t need to use it. Had I been pressed, I might have used it.”
Rivenna was glad that nothing had come of the Duel on Manaan, save some poor Shelkath souks she daily repented over.

Crystal Clear
IlumCrystalCave-CW14.jpg

Seeing the bolt of flame in Rivenna's hand, Mi'la gave a disapproving frown. If there was some sort of ritual she had to do on Dathomir, it probably wasn't great. Regardless, it might be worth the trip for the knowledge alone. "Well, now I have to wonder what made you want to stop fighting me to begin with, and as for Dathomir, I'll be willing to take you once I feel your training is finished. Until then..." Mi'la perked up, moving towards Rivenna as she formed a small globe of air, and gently brought it down to snuff out the green flames in the woman's hand. "Best treed with caution padawan. It's a long way ahead, and so many happen to fall to the wayside." She gave a soft smile, hoping that this wouldn't end in failure.

She really, really didn't want this to end in failure.

Rivenna Vehementi

R
Rivenna sensed her Master’a disapproval of The Rite. Many outsiders did not understand The Way of the Night. The Padawan did not fault Mi’la in being put off, and so she took no offense.
“What made me stop fighting you was you. I had been told of the evils of the Jedi, but I saw in you the truth, you treated life as sacred, even my life, when I was your enemy. That is what broke my ire.”
She the listened as her Master spoke of how easily one cpuld be waylaid from the Path, that many stars had fallen. It was a concern that bother Rivenna as well, she did bot want to relapse. To fall back into shadow.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crystal Clear
IlumCrystalCave-CW14.jpg

Hearing Rivenna's reason for why she had decided against fighting her, Mi'la had to ponder if similar tactics would work against other members of the dark side. She only hoped she didn't have to keep finding out in this fashions, taking on too many padawans could be draining. "A little kindness goes a long way my mother once told me." She smiled, taking her hand and placing it over Rivenna's, Mi'la gave a firm squeeze. "If that darkness ever comes back, and you struggle with it, I'll be there to help you combat it Rivenna." She assured the woman, looking her dead in the eyes, before releasing. "We'll get through it, together, alright?"

Rivenna Vehementi

R
Rivenna smiled. She was thankful to the Force that Mi’la had found her and be the one that helped free her.
“Kindness has always been my nature. I had to bury it as an acolyte, and feed anger, which wore me down.”
The Ex-Nightsister felt the squeeze on her shoulder and took her hand and placed it on Mi’la’s hand.
“Together!”

Crystal Clear
IlumCrystalCave-CW14.jpg

A tad amused at Rivenna's remark, Mi'la held the hand and smiled. It seemed they were already making a good connection here and now. "Well, shall we try to spar again? I won't hold back now, so anything goes." She said, a playful smile coming to her features as she studied Rivenna, intent on fully pushing the padwan to stress her ability with the force however she could. "Frankly, I'm a little insulted you didn't think you needed to use your full power against me, but, glad we can be talking right now." She snickered, before releasing Rivenna's hand, the bond between the two strengthed via the Force as they continued to build off on another.

Rivenna Vehementi

R
Rivenna nodded and drew her new saber hilt up beside her side and ignited her emerald blade. She closer her eyes for a moment and then lunged, she drew on her bond with Mi’la and made several Sarlaac Sweeps that for once did not go off target but aimed for her Master’s neckline.

Crystal Clear
IlumCrystalCave-CW14.jpg

Mi'la was reaching for her sabers when she felt the tug of the force hit, immediately falling back as Rivenna began slashing, the blade work waving over her head, as Mi'la fell, and rolled backwards, tucking her feet back and over her head, as she retreated. Breaking the somersault, she drew her saber, igniting it and waving it upwards to catch the outside of Rivenna's blade, pushing the blade back against the padawan, she followed up with a lunge towards Rivenna's knees, intent of slowing the offensive by making her student rework her footing.

Now this would get interesting.

Rivenna Vehementi

R
Rivenna slide and made contact, but Mi’la evaded and pushed her back. Now the Master’s blade aimed at her knee, so she decided to leap into the air and with both hands descend with Djem So cut.
A bold move, and one that could result in pain for them both.

Crystal Clear
IlumCrystalCave-CW14.jpg

Mi'la watched her padawan move, her danger sense flared as her strike moved to make contact with her padawans knee. Seeing the maneuver she moved to initiate, Mi'la raised her cybernetic arm at the downward slash, and felt the strike all the way into the bones of her shoulder. Wincing, she withdrew, her arm sputtering out sparks as the sensor within had malfunctioned from the strike, and was churning out smoke, much to Mi'la's displeasure. "You're getting there, but had I been using two sabers, you'd be in a bind. Keep that in mind, there are also some so skilled with the Force they can turn your saber off on you as you strike, just be mindful that's all I ask." She stated, shutting her weapon off and clipping it to her belt. Eyeing her student, she managed a smile. "How do you feel?" She at least wanted to see if the aggression was still lingering during combat, or if that was something she could suppress in given time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom