Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crusaders Lead The Way! - Dominion of Subterrel [Moross]

As the Mandolorian took off his helmet and became a mindless slave I froze and stared at him. What ever would have made him do something like that? I had no clue but didn't plan on making the same mistake. When Kelik gave his orders it seemed that I was the only one to follow them. ZOey, and Akon went rushing forward like this was a typical battlefield. I understood that Zoey was a force user, but it still didn't matter. There have been plenty of force users that had fallen to less and I didn't plan on being one. Honor meant nothing when you were dead. Rushing between cover with Kelik I'd make sure to cover him and whenever I had the time to cover Zoey and Akon as well.

@[member="Akon Devoda"] @[member="Zoey Marix"] @[member="Kelik Corinthus"]

Kelik Corinthus

K
Kelik took his blaster and continuously fired at the mercenaries from cover. He was able to take out the final standing ones as the others finished off the rest. "The facility is just ahead. Let's move." he called out. Kelik sprinted for the headquarters for all the mining operations on the planet. The building was large and made of stone and metal, dark in color, spewing smoke into the night air.

Once inside the dimly lit facility, Kelik took point to find the mind control device. The group would be attacked by a group of droideka guarding the room the device would be in. Kelik protected himself by hiding around a corner and occasionally poking his head out to fire at the destroyers.

@[member="Akon Devoda"] | @[member="Zoey Marix"] | @[member="Kale Xeros"]

Running after the Glaucus who was leading this brigade, I took a few hits with y shield and a few more with my Beskad. Once reaching inside, I turned off the white shield, to hide my position. With @[member="Kelik Corinthus"] blasting out at the Destroyers, I swung out back and forth between the T cross hallway. Using myself as a distraction. I finally felt like plowing through them. As I passed the hall, I sent a force push all the way down knocking them over for the time being.their shields seemed to turn off, and I rushed them. My Beskad was held in the traditonal way of two hands and brought it down straight smack in the center of one, cleaving it in two. Then by using my suit, I slammed my fist down on the "head" of a second one.

@[member="Kelik Corinthus"],

Blackthorne

She of the Trillion Thorns
Two Weeks Later...

Little had been received by way of news from this particular endeavor. Little until a sudden distress signal made it's way into Manpha space. The Bishop and her team had taken casualties and there was no telling just how much damage to expect. The Aesirs gave the word: go forth and bring our brothers and sisters home, let us put this place to heel.

Loxa sat within the mixture of Crusaders chosen and volunteered for the Extraction team that would search out and rescue their fellow devout. There were two Ithari Swarm Frigates en route to Subterrel with a contingent of smaller fighter ships and freighters. The first of which, and not the ship she currently sat on, would punch a hole through any defenses surrounding the planet and clear the extraction route.

Once the stranded Crusaders were back in friendly arms, all hell would break loose.

[member="Zoey Marix"] [member="Akon Devoda"] [member="Cameron Centurion"] [member="Crystal"] [member="Kassandra Distorith"] [member="Lord Eclipsion"] [member="Siara Vorru"] [member="Anaudius"]

Jala could feel the blessings of Inari flowing through her. It was something that was stronger than the Force. To her at least. Now a crusader, Jala had a real duty to uphold: be a beacon of light in the darkness that plagues the galaxy. Although she was formerly a Jensaarai and continues to believe in both Jedi and Sith teachings, she has taken both and merged them into one like she was told. She has achieved balance within herself. With that, she had accepted her first mission as a Crusader: save her comrades from an operation gone wrong.

Jala wore a coolth backpack, a more portable version of the coolth suit needed to keep her body temperature as cold as possible, on her back, over a suit of 'stolen' Templar armor she managed to get away with after leaving the Confederacy unannounced. She stood beside [member="Loxa Visl"] and looked out of the viewport of the Ithari Swarm Frigate at the planet Subterrel. "So, what's the situation, sister?" Jala had only little knowledge of what happened to the crusaders planetside. They were in trouble and needed a way out.This was her chance to test out her Teras Kasi in a real combat situation.

The hooded figure of Cameron Centurion, Priest of Aatrox, stood sentinel aboard the bridge of the lead Ithari Swarm Frigate. The folds of his dark blue and gray cloak fell loosely over his large, dark frame. The hue of various lights from control consoles places around the vessel's bridge played off the skin and partially exposed tattoos of Cameron's upper body as his silver-green gaze remained fixed on the forward viewport.

Behind him, the Sith Lord could hear the reports of various individuals. However, it was the sound of the vessel's captain that drew Cameron's attention yet not his gaze. "We are not such a force that finesse can merely be left to the wayside."

The Captain, a follower of Ithari, already mostly resented the presence of a follower of Aatrox aboard his vessel. Yet the man had been posted at the behest of an Aesir, and it was certainly not his place to deny a Master Crusader, let alone an Aesir. "You have a better suggestion then?"

To this, Cameron smiled. "Do not bother yourself with attempting to understand the depth of my insight." Allowing his eyelids to close over his silver-green orbs, the Sith Lord filled the Force with his presence, stretching forward. The enemy would seemingly lose the capability to coordinate action steadily over time as the actions of the Crusade integrated seamlessly and were executed with daunting precision.

Blackthorne

"Vastly unknown," Loxa replied to the new convert, pale saffron eyes peering over at the young woman from within her hood, "we know for certain that Bishop Marix is alive and in hiding. As to the rest, no word has come."

The Priestess took a moment then to look [member="Jala Rekab"] over, the barest traces of smiles pressing the shadows of her expression, "You are a Healer, yes? I have seen you in the Hall of the Reviver. It is good to have you here. Aesir Inari's presence is with you, it warms my soul. Namasté, sister."

Jala grew even more concerned after Loxa's report on the situation of the Subterrel squad. She crossed her arms and sighed, icy blue gaze not averting away from Subterrel. "I do hope they aren't harmed." Jala muttered. "I truly do." Jala had a special trait that made her care for her fellow crusaders as if they were family. They were all close family in her eyes.

The pure white and gold of her armor proved her devotion to Aesir Inari. It was evident to all that she was a follower of the Reviver. Loxa was the first one to point it out vocally. "Yes. The Mother has granted me her blessings this day. I hope I am worthy to be watched over by her eyes." Jala replied to Loxa. "I am very glad to hear my presence is not a blight to this mission. I shan't fail."

[member="Loxa Visl"]

Newly promoted to command the Aurora on a permanent basis Siara, not that the title meant anything to the woman not unless it meant more credits flowing freely into her pockets. The Deimos had opted to leave the Nexu-class Corvette behind, by her estimation the Crusade was bringing more than enough vessels to put down every dog on this world if necessary. The crew of that ship had done enough for the Crusade, they needed a little R&R though knowing most of the crew they would take the time to spend worshiping the various gods they chose to represent. None of that held any appeal to the mercenary woman, coming on this rescue mission held a great deal more appeal to her, especially so since the last few missions had meant a great deal of paperwork and supervising. This mission someone else could be in command, she just wanted to shoot someone and it didn’t really matter who.

Stepping onto the bridge of the lead Ithari Swarm Frigate the Kiffar woman saw the crew buzzing efficiently around the bridge preparing for what little resistance they were going to meet. She leaned against the bulkhead at the rear of the bridge watching the action quietly, she noted the presence of a hooded figure at the head of the bridge but only long enough to note his location. Siara took a cigarette from her pocket and lit it smoking quietly while she waited drawing a number of disapproving looks from the crew as they buzzed past. She didn’t care, it was part of her ritual when preparing for combat and if someone wanted to try and stop her they were welcome to try.

[member="Cameron Centurion"]

Two weeks later

I had no clue on where the others had gone. so much so, that I really didn't care any more. The shield on my arm was off, and blaster marks covered the brace. As well as the drained Exoskeleton armor I wore. Literally all it was doing was used as a form of armor to protect myself from blaster bolts. But even then, it was not doing so well. Currently I was, with very shaky hands, applying bandages to my arms and legs where I had been cut or burned from a glancing blaster shot.

I was sore. Sore beyond belief. Having to protect myself for just a little over two weeks. Reaching for my side, I gripped a blackened communicator, and pressed on and off. to most it would have been a faulty link. but I only hoped that if the Crusade members could pick up the signal from the planet, they could find around where I was. Around as in, I never stayed in one place.

I had four to five different places to hide out in a cave systems, broken hull of a ship, or even just a foxhole. I ran a hand through my red hair to see the dirf cracking away and falling to the ground. Oh why did I always have to get stuck. Going on a mission, and bam. Either I get stuck under tons of rock, or I am forced to hide because the ship was destroyed, and have had no word of any Crusade members to speak of. I hated it right now. Clicking one last round on the com link, I got up, which was just about the crawling height as I was in the caves for now, and moved on so I could get out of here.

[member="Siara Vorru"], [member="Jala Rekab"], [member="Loxa Visl"], [member="Cameron Centurion"],

Shimmering silver robes edged with bronze needlework and details enveloped the woman's form, while a hood obscured her features. Only a pair of glowing crimson eyes could be seen within the folds, until slender fingers reached up to push the vine-silk back, revealing her face and setting sable curls to tumble over her shoulders. Measured steps carried her onto the bridge, in time to hear the Captain's exchange with the Mask of Aatrox.

A smile curled her plump lips while she lifted a hand to rest on the harried man's shoulder. With a sigh and a murmured 'Priestess' he acknowledged her presence and resumed his duty.

A Priestess of Kalee, a devotee of the Aesir himself. But what of the man behind the armor, whom she had known for over five hundred years...that, Kassandra could not say. Would not say.

The Sith Master continued forward, coming to stand beside Cameron, though remaining silent. He had plunged himself into the Force and reached out through the ether to affect the enemy ships, and the havoc he wrought was a delight to watch through the transparisteel viewport before them. She spared a glance and a nod of her head for Siara, one who had more than proven herself worthy of the command she had been granted. A fine mercenary, that one...certainly one to watch in the coming days.

[member="Cameron Centurion"] | [member="Siara Vorru"]

Scruffy Lookin’ Nerfherder
A slender figure cloaked in tattered brown robes watched from the shadows in a corner of the frigate. Deep blue eyes, ocean wells, stared out from behind a mask. The cowl of the robe hung over his head, obscuring any features save those eyes. He waited, waited for Liad.

"Would you like to kill today?" whispered a voice in his mind.

Anaudius glanced down at the lightsaber at his hip. A cylinder of black, with a bronze-hued dragon wrapping around it. The emitter was formed from the dragon's gaping jaws. It called itself Derriphan and allowed him to hear the whispers of the gods.

"I am but a servant. I shall do as Liad wills."

"Yessss, I long to taste flesh and spirit. It has been so long. Draw me out, Anaudius. Please. Let me kill."

"When Liad commands."

The blade could be overeager at times, this Anaudius knew. It hungered most to snuff out light. Anaudius wondered if there would be any light where they were going. Perhaps.

Blackthorne

"The Bright One's presence in her followers is never a blight," Loxa intoned softly, "always, it is a blessing."

Yellow eyes turned forward to watch through a viewport as the first Ithari Frigate engaged planetary defenses. Subterrel filled the scene behind them, dark and swollen with acidic fog.

"We must prepare," the Priestess said after a pause, "the air here is not friendly. Be sure your breath mask is secure when we move to land." Though leadership was not generally her role, at least not where large parties were concerned, Loxa was the ranking Crusader within the extraction team. With a nod to a nearby soldier, she sent him on his way to begin handing out breath masks and re-breathers.

She took her own, and for a rare moment removed the hood of her cloak. Revealed in the light were a crown of pointed horns encircling her skull and a neatly braided length of deep auburn hair that disappeared beneath the collar of her robes. Her skin was a pale, earthy tone, and despite the iconic image of Zabraks being identified by a wash of tattoos, Loxa's skin was bare of them. The woman pulled the harness of the mask over her head, careful of her horns, and secured it. The glass portion she pressed upwards on her forehead for now and gently pulled her hood back up again.

"Stay by me, sister. I will be most relieved to have you watch over me," another smile. Of course, there was little this Force Master feared, but she would most certainly prefer not to discount the woman's abilities.

[member="Jala Rekab"]

"It is good to hear that." Jala smiled. "I do hope she is watching over those we have come to rescue." Jala muttered. The reflection of distant battle lit Jala's eyes. Not a single blink.

"Yes, the time has come." Jala declared, followed by a nod and agreeing grunt. Unlike Loxa, Jala had no hood hiding her blonde hair from sight. She was given the gas mask required for the mission by one of the ship's crew members. Gently, she strapped it to her face and ensured it was working properly. With a quick roll of her shoulders and cracking of her knuckles, Jala was ready for combat. The two silver and gold lightsaber hilts rested at her hips and her Hearthstone Amulet rested around her neck. Those were the only tools she needed. Those and her fists. She knew how to use them if necessary.

"I will, sister." Jala agreed to the notion of staying at Loxa's side. There was a strength in numbers, one that Jala knew all to well. "Let's get our people out of there."

[member="Loxa Visl"]

The destruction being wrought amongst the moderate defenses of Subterrel were all too visible to those with a mind to watch the display. The truth of the matter was that Cameron had little real involvement in their destruction. His exact purpose at that moment was merely to enable the modest Moross forces assigned to this operation to prevail with ease. After all - no need to commit a large amount of their military prowess to an objective that was...not requiring of such.

Slowly, the Sith Lord allowed his eyelids to slide open as he continued to listen to the subtle whispers of the Force, feeling it's constant motion beneath the fibers of his skin. As ships broke apart and Subterrel's pathetic defense faltered, Cameron turned his vibrant silver-green gaze to the woman standing beside him. Per usual, the Sith Lord slowly appraised the woman he knew as [member="Kassandra Distorith"], one of the ranking Crusaders amongst them. The colors she wore and the look of her eyes reminded him of a time long forgotten. A time of...somewhat larger youth when there was still honor and challenge in conflict. Well. Challenge anyways.

A thin smile frames the Sith Lord's features as he heard the call of surrender come across the Frigate's communication system. Whether he was smiling at the result of the swift battle or his associate...was not clear. "Priestess. A pleasure. Excuse me one moment."

Casually, Cameron made his way to the communications system to dispatch a message to [member="Loxa Visl"]. "Priestess Visl. You may proceed with landing your party. Make haste. Erebos desires to be sated." His message sent, Cameron shifted his gaze back up to include Kassandra, [member="Siara Vorru"], and [member="Anaudius"] "Prepare for deployment. We travel in support of our brothers and sisters and with the fury of the Pantheon."

Not really one for motivational speeches, Cameron quickly made a steady retreat from the bridge. Enough of the mundane, it had been too long since he felt the crush of bones beneath his boot.

Blackthorne

Loxa received the message moments later through a crewmember and nodded silently in return. There would be no reply sent - there was no need.

"Everyone," she spoke up over the din of voices, her own echoing profoundly along the current of the Force, "it is time. Namatsé."

With nothing more to be said, Loxa glanced to [member="Jala Rekab"] before leading the way to the cargo bay and the dozen drop ships that awaited them, engines hot. Loxa and Jala took the lead ship with several warriors of Ithari, Salee, and Kalee on their heels. Everyone knew what to do and moved with calculated swiftness. Soon enough, the doorways sealed and the ships smoothly exited the bay, peeling off between the two Frigates.

"Priestess," the co-pilot spoke up as they made their way towards planetary orbit and the awaiting atmosphere, "we received a ping from Bishop Marix's comm approximately one hour ago. The teams haven't been able to pin-point her location, she's likely underground. We have managed to triangulate a five mile radius where we believe her to be based on previous recorded pings."

"That is a large search area," Loxa replied, looking thoughtful, "we must split up the search teams."

The co-pilot nodded and brought up a holo display of the search zone, "I've sent coordinates to each team. We'll land six on the perimeter and the rest throughout the dropzone at the indicated mine entrances. If the Bishop is down there, we'll find her Priestess."

A smile slowly curled upon Jala's soft lips as the all clear message was relayed. "May the Mother watch over us." Jala whispered as she bowed her head and closed her eyes. Jala reopened her eyes and looked back at Loxa. She then followed her through the ship to the cargo bay. She joined Loxa and some other crusaders on the lead dropship.

As the dropships doors closed with a sharp hiss, Jala checked her gas mask, ensuring it was secure once more. The inertia from the gunship lifting off slightly shook Jala, but she remained as still in her stance as she could. Jala overheard the pilot speaking of one of the lost crusaders. "Let's not waste too much time then, hm?" Jala suggested to the pilot and Loxa.

[member="Loxa Visl"]

Sparing a glance at [member="Kassandra Distorith"] as she approached the Mask of Aatrox the Kiffar woman continued to smoke, she could feel her excitement building. The enemy forces in orbit were pitiful at best, it didn’t take long before they would be disabled, destroyed or retreating. Seeing Kassandra nod she reciprocated the gesture as she finished her cigarette.

Putting out what remained of the cigarette on the wall beside her Siara stopped a passing junior officer handing it to him. She could have just discarded it on the floor and eventually someone would have to come by and clean it up but she wasn’t that disrespectful. She looked back at [member="Cameron Centurion"] as he turned to give his little speech, short and sweet just the way she liked it, it was time to go now time to find the lost Crusaders on the surface time to find an enemy worth shooting.

Lifting her helmet up from where it rested against her side under her elbow Siara put it on her head engaging the environmental seals. She had decided to adopt the marksman variant of the armor commonly used by Crusade soldiers though where most other Crusaders chose to decorate their armor with adornments that best represented the God they served presumably to make them appear more fearsome she had opted for a simple camo paint. She had tested it privately on the shooting range taking shots at an old set, and it had passed her tests and though it was heavier than the armor she had been using previously but it certainly had a great deal more utility.

Watching Cameron leave the bridge presumably heading for a drop ship Siara did the same, following a few paces behind as quietly as she could manage in this armor on deck plating. She did one final check of her equipment en-route to the docking bay ensuring everything was properly secured.

Crystal was getting the strangest sense of deja vu as they made the journey to begin the rescue mission. Hadn't they already rescued Zoey recently? Was this her thing? Cause you know, everyone has the thing. She chuckled and shook her head once.

She blinked as she felt Cameron's presence stretching and stepped out of her quarters. It seemed that she was late for the party but she could see it unfolding as she walked toward the bridge. When she reached the bridge, it was almost literally three seconds before she was turning around and heading out with the others. A hunting they would go. Again. Fun times!

[member="Cameron Centurion"] [member="Siara Vorru"] @Anaudius [member="Kassandra Distorith"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom