Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Crown Jewels | The Confederacy

W A L T Z

Tag: Fauvel Astier Fauvel Astier

House Denko.

Growing upon, Abel would have never imagined that such news would reach him. He would never have imagined that his name and lineage meant something...more. Immediately prior to making this discovery, the name Denko meant very little. It identified his meager family, consisting of deceased parents and estranged siblings. It spoke of their humble existence as residents on Nar Shaddaa. It told the story of his Father, a disgraced Jedi who had fallen from grace and started anew in the middle of Hutt Space.

Yet, the word Denko meant something more - at least to the people of Naboo. For, here, the name represented a minor lineage of nobility. One which had been present on the world for centuries. One which Abel's own sire had claims to - at least before taking up the mantle of Jedi. The revelation quickly exposed Abel to a family eager to accept one of their own. Eager to educate. Eager to elevate. Eager to serve. Why? For the question of the House's future had finally been answered.

Abel thought it was all bullchit, but...he'd have been a fool to turn away.

This was far better than bouncing from one Enforcer role to the next. Leagues better than bashing in the skulls of spice dealers and keeping slavers in line. To rise from pauper to prince overnight, due to the matter of "superior blood" or something, was a boon he would not ignore. But, as was the case with all promotions, there were responsibilities which came with leadership. Such as making appearances to any fancy gatherings on Naboo. For some of these events, he could delegate a cousin to appear on his behalf. But tonight? The Queen and the Confederacy's best were present.

Attendance, therefore, was mandatory.

Arriving promptly, Abel orbited the mass of his peers. There were so many vibrant colors present on their persons. Every shade of the rainbow. Every variation of gold. And that was just at a glance. Thus, amongst such a cacophony of color, darkness stuck out. She caught his attention out of the corner of his eye. And, as it was impolite to stare, he masked his gaze by taking a drink off of a tray. A small smile played upon her lips as she watched the dancing before her. She seemed to be alone as well.

What was being a noble, if not to meet new people right?

"Good evening." he said, offering the warmest of smiles as he approached. His dominant hand was offered in greeting - just as the crones of his House had demanded. If allowed, he would raise her hand to his lips - a simple hello in "noble" terms. "My name is Abel. Lord of House Denko. Might I trouble you for a dance?"

Clothes: [Flowery, Pretty]
Tag: Daegon Corvinus Daegon Corvinus
top.png
A butterfly of nervousness bit into the bottom of her stomach while she felt her attendant pulling and curling her hair. No doubt it would be beautiful. The thought brought an all too familiar ache, a memory, of colors so bright that she felt like she was seeing sound. She missed the sight of a freshly blooming flower or the way the sunrise of Thyferra melted into dusk. She missed the sight of her husband. Often, she was afraid that she would forget his face. She pictured him as often as she could.

By the time he called for her she felt as if she’d been sitting in the chair for an age.

She caught glimpses of what Daegon had procured for them. Seraphina, as much as her sight was missed, was slowly adapting. Her connection to sound was stronger than ever. Her hearing was heightened and she was learning to read reverberating waves that rolled back to her. It was a warped and very strange form of echolocation. It wasn’t sight. It was far from perfect; but it made life manageable. The diminutive diathim hated depending on everyone else for everything.

She felt like a burden.

When the words of her beloved floated to her ears and a soft smile slid across gentle and saddened features. She didn’t know that her lips were painted an indulgent shade of lilac that matched the pale silk of her gown. She didn’t know that Nabooian flowers embroidered her waistline, but, it at least felt nice to be in it. There was room for her wings to fall around her shoulders like a gossamer, glimmering cloak.

It reminded her. Another failure. She could not fly.

What diathim could not fly?

“Y-You’re too kind, husband mine.”, she stammered out, ever embarrassed, as always. It didn’t matter that they had been married for a decade. Seraphina still blushed at every compliment. His kiss to her forehead caused her shoulders to loosen just a little. He gave her the choice as to their adventure for the evening and she spent a few moments thinking about it. Sera, loved to dance. But she feared making a fool of herself with her eyes hidden by a pale rose blindfold.

Her attendants were frightened when she opened her eyes. Always, now, she kept them closed.

She reached for Daegon out of habit. Seraphina hadn’t known his arm was there, however, her hand found it exactly where she thought it might be. She took silent strength in him. What she had done to deserve such fully realized devotion from someone who was a self-professed Demon would always baffle her. She stood and wrapped an arm through his while placing her right hand on it as well.

“The gardens, first. I always wanted to see them…”, Sera murmured, offering a soft, lilting laugh. It was a joke at her own expense that she hadn’t expected to sound quite as dark as it did. Regardless, she wanted to show the nation that they lived in that Thyferra wasn’t broken. It wasn’t burning as it had in the past. Just as Derek had shown the Siskeen Systems, even lost, that he was still there. Still their voice.

“I would like to dance. I just…Don’t know if I can.”

bottom.png

Lyra Vent

L
PurpDiv.png
Social-Byoo.png

TAG: Yusha Yusha | Brina Helvig
WEARING: x
The directive was simple enough - get as much information as possible for the records of the Ministry of Secrets at the Gala on Naboo. Nothing she hasn't done before. So, after a hop, skip and jump, she was here in Theed at the new Queen's to-do. After twirling around with a bunch of men while coaxing any information they could give out of them, she decided to take to the streets to see who else she could con into spilling some beans. There was only so much the high ends could tell her that the Ministry didn't already know. So, next up - normal people.

Pretending to need some night air and getting away from the hoo-ha up top, she took a stroll down the main street. Eventually, she caught sight of a lovely red-haired woman strolling around as well. Pretty women usually had a wealth of information to give, so Lyra nonchalantly made her way over to her.
"Wew, it's lovely outside, isn't it? You don't realise it when you are stuck under a roof dancing." she said with a smile, as if she was just walking past and speaking pleasantries. "You know where I can find a nice tea parlour that is still open?" she asked. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw some movement near an alleyway. As she turned her head to see better, a ruggedly handsome man approached her and the woman who Lyra was incidentally speaking to. Aside from appearing to know the red-haired woman, whom he had named Brina, he appeared to be under the impression that she and Lyra were friends. So, flipping her platinum coloured hair and giving a teasing smile, she stepped into the next role as if she were a duck to water.
"Wouldn't you like to know?" she said, moss-green eyes looking coy. She then caught sight of the wallet in his hand. At first glance, this man did not strike her as the carrying-a-grandpa-leather-wallet type. His smile was much too coy for that. But she played along. The more secrets the better. "Dropped your wallet? You should get deeper pockets. Someone might swipe it next time." she teased.

PurpDiv.png

Vemric Keldra

V

At the denial of a problem from both men, Vemric lifted an eyebrow, blue eyes cold as the ice fields on Hoth. He has not lived for over a century to be taken for a fool by two dimwits playing at smart. He turned his icy gaze to the server.
"I would expect a lie from a man that does not belong here, but one that works for the Queen should know better. I do wonder what Master Hisashi would do should he find out that one of the Queen's staff lies. It could be quite detrimental for that staff member." he warned. The server looked mightily uncomfortable at this. "I suggest you get back to work and hold your tongue before he enters with the Queen." Vemric continued. The server, however, was not Vemric's main concern.

He looked at the big man, who seemed very distracted. What he was looking for? In light of recent happenings, things could not be left to chance. Another Queen ending up dead would not be good for business. But on the other hand, there was just something about this man that said that he was not out to kill the Queen. Vemric just could not put his finger on it. But aside from this innate feeling, he could also almost hear Maja begging him to have a good time and let the clotpole go. So he did something that went against his perfectionist nature in every way.
"Even though I can smell a lie a mile away, I'll let you go. But at the first sign of trouble, Miss Solus-Skirae here won't need a skewer to charbroil your hide all the way around." he said, his tone still slightly icy. "Rather enjoy the night like the rest of the people here. There's drinks all around, food on the veranda and enough women that would be glad for a dance. Don't make this unpleasant for yourself."
With this, he turned away from the man and his broken shoe and took his own advice. Doing what he hasn't done since the death of his wife, he held out his hand to Stardust in his usual aloof flourish.
"Would you care for a dance?" he asked her, the ice in his voice gone as quickly as it had appeared.

If she took his hand, he would waltz her onto the dancefloor with a grace that would make one think that he did this daily. He had both his noble upbringing and his deceased wife to thank for this skill. Even though it had been years, his perfectionism still remembers. Settling into the familiar movement, he glided her equally tall frame through the other dancers.
"Hisashi's men would surely have everything under control, but I do think we should keep an eye on that one, regardless." he said, referring to the big man as they flew over the floor.

teal123.png

Vemric Keldra Hard Luck Frank Hard Luck Frank

Star let him do the talking, no need and add on to well what was already said on full, instead she kept a eye out in both the server and the big man before her eyes scanned about to insure that themselves weren't causing to much of a scene. Glanced back as she heard vem mention her she flashed a fiery grin that soon cooled down as she turned away and took the hand of vem

Now she was seemly flying across the floor stardust had just as good experience in dancing so her movements nearly perfectly matched his as she tilted her head

agreed, it didnt SEEM he was here to cause trouble if anything i think the only thing he wants to attack is the buffet table

As they swayed and tirned through the crowd she felt...something from him? Stardust wasn't exactly too sure at all. So instead she decided to turn the conversation away from business

how long have you been in the navy? Surely with your rank it has to be quite awhile

Last edited:
Taiia-Test.png

Social-Waltz.png

Wearing: [X]
Tag: Mig Gred Mig Gred | Open​
She had arrived later than intended, but in the long run it didn’t really matter, a royal party would likely endure far into the evening, the young woman ascended the stairs with grace as she made her way through the entrance and crowd. Her outfit for the occasion was, admittedly different for her, she was more accustomed to robes or everyday clothes compared to the elegance of it all but for this occasion, it was warranted.

The red-haired woman glided through the crowd as she approached the new viceroyalty chambers, there she looked up and saw the effect of the Nightmother Vytal Noctura Vytal Noctura 's spell allowing the night sky to be seen through the roof a wry smile touched her lips before she cast her eyes down again and scanned the crowd throughout the room, looking for a friendly face she recognized in the sea of people.

A distinct lack of immediate choice led her to water through the throngs of people and continue to scan through crowd, so many faces most of them foreign to her, most likely the people of naboo she wagered or people from the far reaches of the confederacy come to celebrate.

ᴛʜᴇ ᴅɪꜱʜᴏɴᴏʀᴇᴅ

Waltz
jsMjBmz.png
Wearing: XxX.
Tagging: Abel Denko Abel Denko

The dark dress she donned cascaded flawlessly towards the ground like shadowed streams. For most cultures, as she had learnt, black was a sad color. Black was for death and for grief, and maybe that was the reason why her choice of dress stood out so much in the crowd of golden and lighter shades. However, for the people of Blood Reign, the color was perceived as the exact opposite. The Illyrian province was often covered by skies that made it seem as though it was nighttime even during the hours of the day, darkness was their companion and as such, black was one of the colors of her own house and devoid of the negative connotations it held for others.

The culture of Blood Reign was something Fauvel embodied in every way, from the elegant way in which she moved to the sharpness that always hid behind her gaze. She was a Lady of Illyria, and no matter how much dishonor fell upon her shoulders she would commit to the task of representing her home-world and her house to the best of her ability. If there was one thing she had gained on this later years, it was patience and prudence.

She had been intending to approach someone soon, after her observation had confirmed that there were others in the ballroom that much like her, were without a partner. However, the lady was met with the surprise that there would be no need for searching as her rose gaze set upon a young man. Lord Abel Denko. Fauvel returned his smile, curiosity gleaming in her eyes, as she offered a courteous nod in acknowledgement before placing her pale hand in his.

"I am Fauvel, Lady of House Astier of Illyria." She remembered coming across the name Denko during one of her study sessions, but of course, her knowledge was scarce besides her recognition of it. The question that was now on her mind was whether he recognized her own or not, and, if he did, learn if it was something that deterred him or not. Fauvel was not guilty for the mistakes of her father, but that wasn't something of importance to nobility. They still needed someone to blame, and any reason to keep another noble down was a weapon to be used, at least so was in her home-world.

"Of course, it'd be my pleasure." And as she accepted his request for a dance, she allowed Abel to guide her onto the floor to join the rest of the waltzing couples. Like anyone born to noble blood in Illyria, the art of dance had become a second nature to her. However, this particular style she was unfamiliar with and therefore she'd have to follow his lead. "I hope my clumsiness does not hinder you, I am not very well acquainted with this particular dance." Her eyes met his once more, a slight smirk on her lips. She had given him fair warning, now it was time to learn.

Brina Helvig

B
Brina.png

ZOO CREW - LUPINE BRINA

Social-Byoo.png
Tags: Yusha Yusha | Lyra Vent
Attire: [xXx]

This was highly unnatural. Why in all of the Gods' names had she decided to come to such a place, and attend such an extravagant party? Well, that was simple; Curiosity. More and more Brina found herself leaving the comfort of her homeworld and venturing out to distant places if only to observe and learn them. To see how other cultures lived, how they thrived - or struggled for that matter. To discover new foods, new drinks, new styles of both life and attire - not that she generally partook in the latter. She was quite comfortable in her homely garb, even if such attire did not exactly fit in among the throng of glamorous bodies around her.
Eventually of course, the glitz and glam became too much, and further curiosity had driven the redhead to leave the gala and instead meander the streets of Theed. She had heard tale of a market, or something of that nature, and as such her curiosity drove her forward. Enough so that she had managed to get herself good and lost - though nothing a quick sniff or a good listening couldn't fix - and yet didn't seem bothered by the fact in the least.
Not until she found herself no longer alone. The hairs on the back of Brina's neck bristled, and yet she felt no immediate threat from the woman who had spoken to her in passing. Yet another beautiful creature, dressed in envy inducing attire, no doubt. "Is it?" she found herself answering and glancing towards the skyline briefly. The air felt no different to her than it had upon her arrival, but she had also not been dancing within the gala either. The following inquiry made the redhead frown in thought, and she half turned to glance about as a curious noise vibrated her vocals. "I...do not, I'm afraid." she stated with a slight shake of the head. "This is only my first time in Theed."
Then there was a voice she recognized, as well as an explanation to the little hairs that had bristled before. Yusha's approach had been unnoticed until he had spoken up, though Brina pursed her lips when he seemed to make an assumption that she and this woman were friends. Her gaze swept over him, taking note of the wallet in his hand which then caused her to roll her eyes. "No books to bring me this time, Yusha?" she quipped at him in return. "I'm fairly certain you owe me a library by now." She shifted her stance to make room for another body, though gestured to the woman beside her in the process.
"I've not gotten the pleasure of being introduced yet. Though if I had, I probably wouldn't share the information." she added to the teasing air and flashed a grin at the platinum haired woman briefly.
Bcj44j.png

Relationship Status: It's Complicated
Social-Tour.png

WEARING: xxx
TAG: Lunara Azure Lunara Azure | Open

The whiskey was a much better drink than the bubbly champagne. For Gerwald, the amber liquid held a different place in his heart because of the memory which was associated with it. Had he known he would be encountering company, Gerwald would have held a fruity cocktail in his other hand as well. While it was something only he understood, the lupine often found himself enjoying the joke behind it all. Gerwald could still hear Naedira's complaint as she accused him of being a thief after stealing her whiskey.​
He smiled.​
Blue eyes searched the garden as the large brutish man walked along the stone pathways which had been woven though the botanical wonder. It was there his sight caught glimpse of a friend. Lunara Azure Lunara Azure understood his loss and pain. Both of them had suffered the premature loss of someone they loved. The only difference is Lunara had been able to enjoy the romance whereas Gerwald had never admitted his feelings for the woman he had loved. A hand came to his chest where the ring pressed against the skin which was under his shirt. Naedira was gone, but she was not, however, Gerwald knew the lunacy of admitting his feelings to a ghost. Did she know now that she had passed? He didn't have an answer.​
“If you promise not to eat them all, I’ve…discovered a hidden cache of goodies here to go with that.”
The wolf chuckled. A small smile pulled at his lips as his eyes fell on a picnic spread out in the garden. This was certainly not something Gerwald expected to see especially considering the dress Lunara was wearing. How women managed what they did when most of what they wore was either form fitting, or revealing, was beyond the male. He was glad to he would never have the joy of attempting it. The universe certainly had not been fair in that regard, but Gerwald certainly benefited.​
"I wonder how all of this contraband made its way out into the garden," the lupine asked with a wolfish grin. "You should know that a wolf's appetite is rather large. I can only promise to do my best."
Gerwald sat on the open place next to the woman. She was safe. It was rare Gerwald met women that did not want something from him. Perhaps it was his own ego, or whether it was true, but the wolf found that everyone had some kind of expectation of him. It was rare that he found those who simply enjoyed his company for who he was as a person, not a knight, a warrior, or whatever they sought from him.​
Lunara was one of those.​
"A credit for your thoughts?"

20594-6-gothic-rose-image750.png

Waltz
Tags: Rience Rience
Attire: [X]

Ah, the never ceasing to amaze glamor of Naboo. Even now, even through this (not so) new set of eyes, it never failed to impress. How those in power seemed to spare no expense when it came to impressing those beneath them. Not in a derogatory sense, but in a welcoming sort of way. After all, the halls of the palace were opened to all this eve, were they not? And that invitation had been accepted without the need to even coax Cordelia into agreement. It had been some time since she had graced such an extravagant party with her presence after all, and a chance to see the new royalty first hand? Well, who in their right mind would pass that up?
Though, Delia wasn't always in her right mind, now was she?
However, thanks in large part to the man whose arm she clung to now, the room as a whole was safe from Delia flying off the handle and slaughtering any number of people before she could be taken out - if she could be taken out. No, Rience was both quite capable and quite good at keeping Delia under control, and thus far she had no qualms over the fact. And when she was offered a flute of champagne, an amused smile lifted the corners of the redhead's lips.
"Of course," she answered easily enough. "There are a great many things from before that I still both love and enjoy quite thoroughly." Was there double meaning to her statement? Most likely, but the telling smile Delia wore was pressed to the edge of her glass as she took a careful drink from it. She had redirected her gaze as well, watching those out on the floor as they moved about. How easy it was to pick out those who knew what they were doing from those who hadn't a clue.
Speaking of, "A dance?" both of her brows lofted and she looked amused already. "Oh yes, I do believe that a dance is most definitely first on the agenda." Rebuilding moments between the two of them was important after all, and while she could recall a moment of amusement here and there with Rience from before, fresh and vivid memories were certainly much better.
blood.png

Cazo Thraos

C
Social-Waltz.png

Tag: Kiff Brayde
Wearing: X

She had swished the champagne in her glass, watching it quietly before looking back to the dancers before her. It was nice seeing people smile, enjoying themselves when at peace and in lovely outfits on top of it. She felt rather out of place, having only ever attended smaller functions where the standard dress was usually either supremely casual given the current dresses she spied around her, or military uniform. A deep sigh had her wishing she had taken a few more minutes choosing before one of those military uniforms caught her attention.

Her gaze moved to the sight quickly, seeing a familiar face holding two drinks and making their way through the throng of people. A smirk appeared as she looked down to her own glass and chuckled at the sight of the High Marshal at such a party. Last she had seen him he had been presiding over her graduation ceremony from the academy, and even with her attention forward, she had not failed to notice him.

Was even harder to not notice him when he had cut through the people and addressed her directly. Surprise commanded her initial expression, and had he not bowed, he would have received a salute rather than the soft curtsy she gave in response. Something she had seen done in a number of cheap romance holo-vids while off duty. Silently she hoped it hadn't looked incredibly silly, but there were practiced moves of self defense, and then there were the moves practiced by a more regal society.

And she could toss a body over her shoulder easier than she could pass for a noble-woman.

"High Marshal Brayde. A pleasant surprise seeing you here." Cazo spoke with a smile before tapping her comm link in response to his question. "Security detail. Though I was told I should represent my crew here on the ground rather than hide, and play cards when I could be enjoying the atmosphere." She lifted the glass to punctuate her version of enjoying the atmosphere.

"And to what do I owe the pleasure of a High Marshal's presence?" She smirked, taking a sip from her drink before holding it in both hands before her. Was not entirely out of the question that his presence was required, or at the very least requested. Even just that it was a party might have been enough. It had been one of the reasons she had seen fit to attend. Even if the dresses around her made her almost regret not staying on the command ship.

Queensguard-Sym.png

W A L T Z
Queensguard-Side.png

Tag: Hisashi Hisashi
Wearing: [x]​
The sudden silence that came over the room could have only meant one thing, and Mila didn’t need to turn around to see what it was, but she did regardless. “Hisashi.” The young Queen beamed at him. A rarity that was becoming less so with each passing day. Largely in thanks to the fact that she was quickly becoming accustomed to having him around. Now “monarch” was her official title, security had been quadrupled. Along with the realisation that her predecessor could not have died of natural causes… It meant she saw a lot more of Hisashi than her past self would have deemed acceptable.

Mila of the present, however, found herself growing quite fond of him. For one, he still saw her as the young, naïve woman she was when they’d first met. She wasn’t Queen to Hisashi, nor even princess. At least not when they were alone. She was just Mila. That in itself, now she was Mila Regina, was like gold dust. What was more than that, he had an uncanny way of making her smile. Even if the situation was so tense it could have been snapped with a butter knife. His, oftentimes, irritatingly good whit and silver tongue had never failed to make her smirk.

Just like he did now. Despite the tension of the Gala clearly written in the way she held her shoulders. Despite the subtle tones of worry and anxiety in her voice. He still made her smile.

Mila allowed a bird-like giggle to fill to the room at Hisashi’s comment. “I can do my own batting, thank you very much.” She grinned at him, one hand fiddling with the pearl stud hanging from her ear. “In any case, the cost of repairing your room will no doubt cover overtime for the Queensguard for a month. Not to mention the bill to repair that poor servant’s nose.” Though it seemed like she was chastising him, there was nothing but an obviously amused smirk on her face. Her lacklustre discipline was only doubled by subdued titter in her tone and the flickers of laughter that illuminated her raven eyes.

An exaggerated bow followed something Hisashi favoured when he was forced to display any kind of courtly manner. Mila shook her head, though her features remained glazed by amusement, nonetheless. When she moved forward, it was not to take his arm, but to inspect him. There were a few times when Mila pretended to have the power to be able to tell Hisashi what to do. Even thinking about the act was enough to make her palms sweat, but this had been one of those times. A Royal Gala. Everyone had to look their best, and she’d be dammed if Hisashi didn’t. The smirk on her face widened as her raven eyes trailed slowly over the outfit, drinking in every outline of the sleek silk material.

Having never really looked at him as anyone beyond a bodyguard, Mila was surprised to feel the heat of an unwarranted blush creeping across her cheeks. It wasn’t as though she’d seen him in anything but the armour that signalled to all that he was in work mode. He cleaned up well, well enough for her to consider the fact that there was a man behind the beast after all, and a rather handsome one at that. In a rapid attempt to draw attention away from the slowly growing shade of rouge on her cheeks, she began to talk.

“I knew this would suit you. They tried to suggest a rather garish all silver number, but no…”
The young Queen moved closer still. Close enough to feel the heat radiating from his frame. It was only to feign fixing some imaginary discrepancy in his collar, and then to chase away the fictitious dust that had landed on the ebony sash across his chest. “I told them black suited you better.” When she had finished the show of correcting his outfit, she finally took his arm, more than grateful that he had offered it. She was still attempting to navigate the size of her skirts, the height of her shoes, the weight of her jewellery. Over the weeks she’d tried all the parts on separately, but all put together they were an entirely different story.

The young Queen glanced back at the servants rushing around her room only once. When Hisashi and Mila had disappeared behind the doors they would likely return to the kitchens, to celebrate the Gala in their own way. She’d seen to it that they’d been provided with the means to have a royal party of their own, just as she had seen to it that the Queensguard working overtime had been given the opportunity too. With everything behind the scenes taken care of, and guests slowly beginning to stream into the palace, there was only one thing left to do.

“Out of the frying pan and into the fire, I suppose.” She grinned up at Hisashi as a servant swung her bedroom doors open for their exit.​

Attire: Dress
Interacting with: Diavona Vammor Vytal Noctura Vytal Noctura

The two women were talking about the dance floor and the people already dancing, seeming to be enjoying their time, the ceiling disappeared and gave way to the night sky or so it seemed. Apparently this was the work of Vytal and her magic. It was a nice touch, adding to the atmosphere to the evening's activities. Kat smiled warmly as Diavona introduced herself, nodding as the woman checked her name was correct. Vytal also introduced herself, while Kat believed she already knew the name, there was a chance she might have forgotten if asked. Vytal then complimented Diavona and herself, Kat was still not use to compliments about her looks so her cheeks turned slight pink. Kat smiled politely and nodded her head.

"The night is young so there is plenty of time to drink, dance and enjoy the night. If that is what takes your fancy. Though just watching people dance and perhaps make fools of themselves is entirely fun way to spend an evening at events like this." Turning to Diavona, Kat gave a small smile, "the gala seems to be a nice success, didn't think I would see Metus dancing but I am not use to formal events like this. I tend to be more use to cantinas and getting into bar fights than formal galas and facing the ideal of dancing." Kat shivered at the thought of dancing. While she was capable dancer due to her Echani training which used elegant and graceful movements, however, she had not danced often with a partner or in a group.

"Not sure how people enjoy themselves wearing outfits like this, so tight." Kat commented, though she likely sounded similar to Mandalorians though, it was less about not being in armour and more about wearing looser clothing and maybe some trousers, that would be nice but Kat was never one for suits though. "So, do either of you enjoy dancing?" Kat asked.

When a guy like me was faced with an insurmountable task like listening to a lot of words there was only thing that made sense.

I smiled and nodded along. This guy obviously liked to hear himself talk and in my experience it was best to just let a talker talk until they talked themselves out of talking more talk. I looked at the woman after the threat and shrugged. Was I afraid of pain? Yes, yes I was. Was I worried about it? Not really, no.

I waited for the inevitable moment when they would toddle off to bask in their self importance and wasn't disappointed. The music wafted across the hall like the scent of delicately concealed body odor. It hung in the background and was only noticable if you focused on it. The sounds of voices speaking in hushed tones made up a white noise that reminded me of screen static, annoying but easy to ignore for a while. I fought the urge to make fart noises with my mouth as I walked past people on the way to whatever a veranda was. Their delicate natures would without a doubt blame me and not one of their friends. That would be less funny.

The odd limp caused by having only one shoe on was annoying however. After grumbling at the lost shoe for a moment I made it to a table full of food. I didn't see plates. Apparently these folks couldn't grasp the concept of hungry. They would have to just embrace the suck of having me stand here eating until I felt like moving.

Vemric Keldra

V

Social-Waltz.png

TAG: Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae | Open​

At Stardust's comment of the big man wanting to attack the buffet table, the one corner of Vemric's mouth did break into half a smile this time. It felt almost odd on his face, but the picture of the buffet table buckling under the man's hunger was comical indeed.
"If that is the case, the cleaners have my condolences." he almost laughed as they still glided across the floor as gracefully as eagles. His perfectionism did admire the near perfection with which she danced. There were few who could claim they have won Vemric Keldra's admiration.

She then asked him a question that attacked his memory like a swarm of nanites. When you have lived for almost a century, even if he was still in the prime of his life, years seem to almost blur into one. Yet Kamino was still fresh - the loss he experienced. He probably would have outlived Maja regardless, but she was his wife despite the fact that she was human.
"It has been decades. The years all seem the same to me." he opted for instead, his guard back up to his heart. He could almost hear Maja's exasperated sigh at this. He knew she would want him to move on. He sighed inwardly. She was right.

He flew Stardust across the floor. He had forgotten how it could be to guide an attractive woman through dance. It was a nice respite from the usual routine, if he had to admit. Finally, he relented somewhat to the conversation a bit more.
"You have seen battle." he observed, rather than asked as they flew through the crowd - a true dance pair to behold. "What brought you back to Naboo?" he asked, the aloofness almost gone entirely. Perhaps it was the will of a greater Power that he finally put the guilt and hurt behind him.

At the thought of this, he retreated back into himself. How odd that he would face adversity in any form, but emotion was something to be avoided at all costs.

teal123.png

Vemric Keldra

maybe he will eat himself to sleep and won't be a issue? Aside from well moving him gonna need the guard for that

She chuckled at the thought of the big fat man snoring asleep upon the floor. Her feet moved as she relied on her knowledge of foot work in sword dueling, combined with her experience of many parties she was moving gracefully as she smiled up to him. She had to admit she'd never seen a sephi before nor been in the arms of one but she had to admit she wish she'd done so sooner! If he was to be a example

She felt a twinge, like she had struck something in him, his behavior was aloof as well she was starting to piece a few things together but wasn't exactly sure

i feel ya....55 years old but I've been making sure I can...experience it as much as I can

She didn't mention her age renewal chamber, that was mentioned to only those she truly truly trusted and while she felt she could trust him he wasn't to that high of a trust level. As they swayed and moved about she got a bit closer so she could hear and talk a little better, eyes glanced away when he mentioned shes seen bsttle...was it that obvious? While she seemed bright and happy her eyes spoke of sorrow and tiredness. He changed the topic as she boucned back and smiled

well, for one this is my birth planet, two well the queen called for me as a councilor. I've served many kings and queen and lords and overlords, but the only one I'd dedicate my life too would be the queen of naboo for I serve this place as its citizen and now as its councilor or war

She spoke proudly and puffed her chest out a bit. She was proud to be serving her queen especially with her experience of war

tire.png

WEARING: xxx
TAG: Seraphina Corvinus Seraphina Corvinus

The thought was in her voice. Seraphina still thought herself a burden despite everything Daegon tried to convince her otherwise. They were a mysterious contrast of dark and light, and yet Deagon was devoted to the woman above anything else. Where she saw her injuries as faults or failings, Daegon did not even see them at all, not as she did. Seraphina was still beautiful, still kind, everything he had loved about the woman remained. How could she not see it? The Demon only supposed he could not understand unless he had the same experience, which he did not. At least he was wise enough to refrain from saying he understood without having gone through the loss of sight and flight.​
The Demon had to be Seraphina's hope, ironic as it was. The Angel of Thyferra was usually the anchor for Daegon, keeping him near enough to the light so as not to be fully consumed by the darkness which threatened to overtake him.​
"If I am, it is only because you have made me this way."
Seraphina was here because of him. The burden Daegon carried was knowing his interference in the first place had led them both to Siskeen. Had he made different decisions, had they never befriended Derek, or if Daegon would have not been so selfish as to want Seraphina from the moment he saw her, his wife would see and she would fly. She had changed him. The bacta mogul did not want to imagine his life without her, but he also felt responsible for her. That was his burden, however. She would never hear him voice it. Why make her carry more than she already was?​
Her arm slid into his, and Daegon smiled. This was where she was meant to be, at his side, close. He could smell her perfume, floral, akin to her garden on Thyferra. She loved her flowers, and if she wanted to see the garden on Naboo, then she would.​
"What if there was a way you could see the gardens? I can do more with telepathy than just send words. I can send images. You could see through my eyes."
It was not something Daegon had thought to offer before, and why he had not was beyond him. Stress, it often made one forget things. With so much still happening back on Thyferra, and new ventures still in very early stages, Daegon certainly felt it all. This trip would have been ill advised had it not been for it being required, or for the need Seraphina and Deagon both had to find times show they were still standing strong.​
She really wanted to dance. Even that was possible.​
"You can always stand on my toes."
The Demon found himself being the optimist more these days, but tonight was not about being positive. Tonight was about giving Seraphina what she wanted.​
"To the gardens then, my love," he said as his steps carried them out of the apartment and toward the capital mall.​

Alor of Clan Gred, Mando'ad'jetii
Taiia Locke Taiia Locke

Mig noticed Kat Decoria Kat Decoria , giving her a nod and a smile as he took another look around. She seemed a little busy with some other party goers, but he needed to remember to catch up with her at some point. Until then though, he sighed just a little, looking around as he did. One, he definitely under-dressed for something like this, though in his defense this would probably the most formal thing he owned. Two, he didn't like being away from home too long. Maybe that was weird for a Mando, but given his families situation it was understandable. He then noticed someone else who seemed just as lost in all this as him, though she was at last dress like she actually came to this party.

"Well... Looks like I'm not the only one with no idea what to do here."

Social-Waltz.png

W A L T Z

T A G : Faegard Faegard

The sentiment was one that the Lord did not share.

In the moments of quiet, whilst the terrifying sun slumbered beyond the horizon, innermost thoughts were shared. It was no secret that Agravain felt...loathesome at his current state of being. The life he had lived before the corruption of his identity was anathema to this existence. He was once a beacon of Light. A blade against the Darkness. Now, black raced through his veins. Now, a terrifying thirst nagged at the back of his throat - one which posed a risk to every life in sight. Were it not for the sin of pride within him, Agravain might have entertained a swift conclusion to his tale.

For, was it not fact that he had died that day?

Was it not fact that his heart slowed to a still when the crimson was stolen from his veins?

His nostrils flared as a sigh escaped them. The touch of his companion, Faegard Faegard , was a welcome interruption to the spiral of bleak thoughts. Though the reality they found themselves in was bleak by his estimation - the moment was indeed nice. As her fingertips trailed down his flesh, a question fell from her lips. I suppose it was a good idea, after all. she began. Never for a moment did he think she was referring to the circumstances that had led them to be changed. Rather, he identified her statement as a nod to their presence upon Naboo this day. To that, he rendered a simple nod. This was a good idea. This was...a Human idea.

Oh how he longed to be whole again.

Do you think it will get easier? She had asked. An inquiry that Agravain did not have an answer to. With time, meditation, and control, a Human could overcome their base urges. They could become something more - a Jedi. Though he did not know for certain if their urges would ever slow in undeath, he was firm in his convictions. Thus, a second nod gently saw his locks tossle. "It will take much effort," he began, turning his gaze upon her. "But I am certain we can control the urges." The second question was one which saw his eyebrow furrow.

Did he think they deserved it? What crime had they committed to deserve being ripped from the living and cursed with undeath? This was a fate he would not wish upon his greatest enemy. He would wish it upon a Sith. Nor an Imperial. Nor a Slaver. Nor a Corrupt Senator. Nor any combination therein. No one deserved such a fate. Suffice it to say: "No."

"Why? Do you think we deserved it?"

W A L T Z

Tag: Fauvel Astier Fauvel Astier

With a smile, the Lord took her hand into his own.

Such was the beginning scene to any fairy tale, was it not? The dashing hero approaching the damsel, whisking her across the dance floor without a care in the world. If Abel believed in any such fantasies, the thought might have bemused him. Rather, his focus was upon the stunning woman before his gaze. Her touch was light, and his first thought was please do not crush her fingers. This was followed up by raising her hand to his lips in greeting - a formality a lady of her stature would be well familiar with. As he hand was lowered within his grasp, her name reached his ears. Fauvel. He'd commit it to memory.

House Astier? The name rang a bell, but the word Illyria carried far more weight.

Who did not know of the Exarch's homeworld? The one which called him King? He made no small effort to introduce the Southern Systems to the glory of his people, and his way of thinking - what with his Aristocratic Party and all. Though Abel was woefully ignorant of the inner workings of Illyria, it would certainly play into his favor tonight. For there was no hesitation found in the man when Fauvel's name and lineage was revealed. "It is an honor to make your acquaintance, Lady Fauvel." he began.

Soon thereafter, he acted as the guide on their journey to the dance floor.

He took but a moment to listen to the sounds. To find the rhythm and tempo. To remember which foot went where. The dances of Naboo were...convoluted - at least to the mind of a Nar Shaddaa native. Thus, Abel kept it simple. He kept her hand nestled within his own, raising the other to rest upon the small of her back. Her remark regarding being a hinderance tonight caused a chuckle to bubble from his lips. "Well, you're in good company then." he began, matching her smirk. "I have the grace of a Gungan, so I'll do my best not to disappoint."

Now all hesa hadsa to dosa was not stepsa on her footsa.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom