Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Critique of Danger Arceneau

I did one for all of my chars and for the writer.

But I honestly want to know what folk think about Danger.

She is by far my most successful NFU, and in a place where having hoodoo powers tends to be a big thing, what does the board think of Danger?

The good?

The bad?

What is your take on her and how she is?

I'm more for the serious critiques than the silly ones please!

Deep down I'm frightened that you've enthralled my man with your wonderful sexual bombshells, such as Danger Arcanine Arkansas Arceneau

But I know that I can take you out with Benadryl and pink feather duster.

So I'm fine.

7/10

Hal Terrano said:
Deep down I'm frightened that you've enthralled my man with your wonderful sexual bombshells, such as Danger Arcanine Arkansas Arceneau

But I know that I can take you out with Benadryl and pink feather duster.

So I'm fine.

7/10

*narrows eyes*

You.. are so evil.

You tell everyone my one weakness!

In Umbris Potestas Est
The following opinion is an opinion. It is colored by experiences and bias formed from the writer's time on this site. Take said critique with that in mind, please. No derails.

Not entirely sure what to say. On one hand, I have to congratulate you for having successfully developed several factions with Arceneau, as well as a non-canon Tier 6(along with a plethora of sub-corporations underneath the ATC banner), what would later become the site's Marketplace board, and a host of factories allowing Arceneau easy access to rare materials. Considering that(at least if I recall correctly) Danger started out as nothing, with a Tier... 2, was it, it's spectacular corporate work. Not to mention the company has never once changed hands, unlike other Tier 6 majors such as Silk, Sienar, Blas-Tech, etc.

On the other... Well, not sure what to say. A lot of good peoples' toes did get stepped on in your corporate rise to the top, and I am admittedly one of them - Subach got shaken up so badly by the threats tossed out that I decided to fold and rebuild elsewhere rather than risk your doing a second Weedkiller. Still can't deny that you've more than earned your position at the top. Just wish I and some others didn't have to be crushed as part of you getting there.

Accent? Karking great. I appreciate it when writers help me imagine accents I wouldn't otherwise be able to. It's very clear how Danger says things. In contrast, though Nyx here has a thick (though fake) Corellian accent, it's rarely ever brought into the way I type (simply because I don't know how to get it to look right). Somehow you've managed to do that quite well.

Playby? I regret not knowing who you're playby is. Though, as the others have said, hella hella cute. Like, the hella-cutest.
This been your "Shut up, Nyx!" segment of the day. Tune in tomorrow for more embarrassing moments.

Company? Oh hell man, that chite's fantastic. You've wormed (more like crashed) your way to the top. I don't think you could be dethroned if everyone else combined tried. Seriously. There's no doubt that you've earned your spot there. My only issue is that sometimes I worry some people are scared away from making their own company? I mean, their competition in 90% of the available fields is as thick as can be. That isn't just because of ATC, sure, but you own pretty much the biggest (and most intimidating) of them all. I think I've been a little more iffy about my company plans on two different alts because of it. Though that's fairly irrational, considering you (and others) have proven that you can make it big. There's just, nowadays, the added challenge of going up against these huge corporations.

I guess that makes it more realistic though.

Writing in general? Great. Love it. Really not much to say here. I've enjoyed all of your alts, and while Danger isn't my favorite (don't even ask who is, because I don't know) she's probably on my top 10 list.

Enigma said:
The following opinion is an opinion. It is colored by experiences and bias formed from the writer's time on this site. Take said critique with that in mind, please. No derails.

Not entirely sure what to say. On one hand, I have to congratulate you for having successfully developed several factions with Arceneau, as well as a non-canon Tier 6(along with a plethora of sub-corporations underneath the ATC banner), what would later become the site's Marketplace board, and a host of factories allowing Arceneau easy access to rare materials. Considering that(at least if I recall correctly) Danger started out as nothing, with a Tier... 2, was it, it's spectacular corporate work. Not to mention the company has never once changed hands, unlike other Tier 6 majors such as Silk, Sienar, Blas-Tech, etc.

On the other... Well, not sure what to say. A lot of good peoples' toes did get stepped on in your corporate rise to the top, and I am admittedly one of them - Subach got shaken up so badly by the threats tossed out that I decided to fold and rebuild elsewhere rather than risk your doing a second Weedkiller. Still can't deny that you've more than earned your position at the top. Just wish I and some others didn't have to be crushed as part of you getting there.

You bring up a good point.

ICLY, with the work Danger has gone to make ATC "bigger and better than her daddy done ever dream," it has made Danger pretty ruthless when it comes to expanding.

While she is supposed to be a neutral networker and mediator for several things, ICLY she also has this "hell hath no fury " side of her as much as her "heart of gold."

If people are intimidated by her and worry about potential retribution from her icly, I'm kinda glad that what i was aiming for her actually followed through.

Now on the other hand, oocly, it isn't my intention to "crush" anyone.

Often times the "Threat" of it does better icly than any actual follow through. Danger certainly has "do me and mine wrong and you'll pay" kinda syndrome. So when things are done that she considers are "cheating" an established practice, she kinda takes things personally.

Truth be told, I do try to do as much as i can with smaller companies and helping them expand. Danger does like to network. But yes, I too feel that her weakness of "holding a grudge and focusing on her anger" can get very tunneled vision.

Critique wise, brings to mind that OOC communication in any of these events is key to ensure no ruffled feathers stay ruffled. I'll ensure that stays my focus if things ever get to that point again.

Drapeam Nyx said:
Accent? Karking great. I appreciate it when writers help me imagine accents I wouldn't otherwise be able to. It's very clear how Danger says things. In contrast, though Nyx here has a thick (though fake) Corellian accent, it's rarely ever brought into the way I type (simply because I don't know how to get it to look right). Somehow you've managed to do that quite well.

Playby? I regret not knowing who you're playby is. Though, as the others have said, hella hella cute. Like, the hella-cutest.
This been your "Shut up, Nyx!" segment of the day. Tune in tomorrow for more embarrassing moments.

Company? Oh hell man, that chite's fantastic. You've wormed (more like crashed) your way to the top. I don't think you could be dethroned if everyone else combined tried. Seriously. There's no doubt that you've earned your spot there. My only issue is that sometimes I worry some people are scared away from making their own company? I mean, their competition in 90% of the available fields is as thick as can be. That isn't just because of ATC, sure, but you own pretty much the biggest (and most intimidating) of them all. I think I've been a little more iffy about my company plans on two different alts because of it. Though that's fairly irrational, considering you (and others) have proven that you can make it big. There's just, nowadays, the added challenge of going up against these huge corporations.

I guess that makes it more realistic though.

Writing in general? Great. Love it. Really not much to say here. I've enjoyed all of your alts, and while Danger isn't my favorite (don't even ask who is, because I don't know) she's probably on my top 10 list.

Hmm competition. You are right on this. I've heard this too and tried to come up with a solution.

One thing i've tried to do now that I'm so big, is for companies that are along the same line as me, I do sub-contract work.

I've noticed that if i end up contracting smaller companies to do jobs for ATC, the writers get the connections, contracts, and the misc threads for their tier increase and ATC gets to expand more with other folk.

That's worked pretty well in terms of the freighter business and smuggling. Same goes with smaller mining companies.

I am always willing to try to do things with new or smaller companies -- I'm just a PM away.

Granted, one gets more flies with honey than they do with vinegar ;)

Thank you both for the critiques and praises!

[member="Enigma"]
*googles*
giphy.gif

{If I ever forget I'm gay, make me google her.}
Oh, I didn't realize that was her in Struck by Lightning... actually, I think that's one of the few things I've seen her in. Huh.

In Umbris Potestas Est
[member="Danger Arceneau"]

Well, it happened, and I ended up accepting Ayden's offer and completely reformatting Subach into Emeritus. I suppose I should've had a bit more faith in the ACA being willing to protect my facilities from a corporate invasion, but considering that Arceneau was in better with them, and considering my OOC relations with the faction staff at the time, I had my doubts. As for helping smaller companies out - not sure what her views would be on Emeritus, but maybe we could work something out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom