Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Crisalite

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
dbzz16u-08e531f0-0987-4877-a482-a8559d1bdd00.jpg
  • Intent: To create an interesting lightsabre crystal.
  • Image Source: Link
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: Permafrost crystal, Crispor
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Crispor
  • Affiliation: Sylas Taff
  • Market Status: Open-Market
  • Model: Crisalite
  • Modularity: Different Lightsabre colours (Listed in Special Features.)
  • Production: Limited
  • Material: Ice Crystals
PHYSICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Crystal
  • Weight: Very Light
  • Resistances:
  • Blasters (And other plasma type weapons): High
  • Kinetic: Average
  • Lightsabres: High
  • Other:
  • Sonic: None
  • EMP/ION: None
  • Elemental: High
SPECIAL FEATURES

• Useable in Lightsabres or Force imbued weapons
  • It is a focusing crystal much like Permafrost Crystal
  • Assists with Psychometry
  • Can give the person hit frostbite of varying degrees (Is decided by the receiver)
  • Colour:
  • Common: Blue, Cyan
  • Uncommon: Green, Aquamarine
  • Rare: White
Strengths:
  • Only I can use it - Focusing Crystal allows only the force user who created the blade to use it.
  • That's something new - Psychometry is able to be used thanks to the crystal allowing those who do not have it naturally be able to use it or those who do be able to use it to more success such as also reading living things.
  • Frosty touch - The blade itself is infused with a cold touch from the crystal which can freeze most of a person’s body. (OOC: The receiver calls the hit and how much it freezes them by.)
Weaknesses:
  • No use for you - Focusing Crystal allows only the force user who created the blade to use it.
  • No I can't do it during combat - Pyschometry is only useful really outside of combat. There is very few ways someone could use it in combat.
  • Don't come too close this blade is cold - With the frostbite ability comes the issue if it comes to close to allies or even the user. (OOC: The receiver calls the hit and how much it freezes them by.)
  • Wait, why aren't the abilities working - Force Void items such as void stone and ysalamiri can stop any use of Pyschometry.
DESCRIPTION
Sylas Taff found the crystals on Crispor. He took all the crystals he found while also taking a note of where he had found them as well. As such he is the only known user of the crystals. However he does give out crystals if people should ask for them in any way shape or form. Most of the crystals come in blue or cyan with a chance of Green and Aquamarine. The most uncommon one however appears to be white.

However after Sylas mysterious disappearance, several expeditions were lead to the Crispor's surface in full gear expected for a type IV atmosphere. They eventually found a crystal cave with more than even Sylas found of these crystals. They took notes of it and allowed the rest of the galaxy to know about them in case anyone wanted to use the crystals ever.

This crystal does similar to a permafrost crystal in that only the user who made the blade can use it as it becomes attuned to them. It also allows people who don’t have a natural ability to use Psychometry to be able to use it. However those who already do are able to potentially use the ability to read living things as well. However this ability is only useful outside of combat and not within combat. Finally the crystals are super cold and allow the items they are used in to do frostbite damage however this can also hurt the user and allies as well.

Last edited:
[member="Sylas Taff"]

Sylas Taff said:
Frosty touch - The blade itself is infused with a cold touch from the crystal which can freeze most of a person’s body. (OOC: The receiver calls the hit and how much it freezes them by.)
I am not sure how this would work. Are you implying if this crystal was used in a sword, it could cause frostbite/freeze damage, or are you implying it would provide that effect with a LIghtsaber?

[member="Auberon"]

I am suggesting it does so with both. If need be I can link it to the force and then give it a weakness to ysalmiri and void stone that stops the frostbite effect.

[member="Sylas Taff"], Excuse me for not noticing this earlier.

I am fine with having the crystal naturally causing a frost like effect. I am just curious as to how this would work with a Lightsaber? Lightsabers use heated plasma to not really "cut" but melt the material they come in contact with. So how would a freezing crystal react with heated plasma?

[member="Auberon"]

Bare with me here I am trying to think this through myself if it would work but I was thinking like instead of having heat around the blade it's cold till it gets frosty then when the blade cuts it's melting through very cold parts of whatever the crystal affected. So like having a kind of aura around the blade itself.

[member="Sylas Taff"],

So you are essentially making the area around the blade itself cold, and when cutting causes thermal shock and can then "cut" through whatever it happens to make contact with.

Submission Name: Crisalite
Link to Submission: https://www.starwarsrp.net/threads/crisalite.124802/
Reason for Factory Modification Request: Needs to be brought back up to date

Submission Name: Frost Onyx Wolves
Link to Submission: https://www.starwarsrp.net/threads/frost-onyx-wolves.125095/

Submission Name: Dawn, Promise of the Wolf
Link to Submission: https://www.starwarsrp.net/threads/dawn-promise-of-the-wolf.125096/

Changelog

Updated template to new factory standard using new template
Changed Market status from closed market to open market
Added More to historical information to reflect the change to open market
Cleaned everything up and made it look neater

This is ready to be judged.

HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge
Sylas Taff Sylas Taff

Love it!
  • Please link your bio to the Affiliation.
  • And because it provides you Force ability or connects to the Force, please add to the weaknesses what happens with this object under Force Suppression/Force nullification effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom