Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

creating new force powers

Electric judgement was actually a non-fatal variant(at first) and was powered by different emotions(Sith used desire to destroy. Jedi used desire to protect). Another way to think of it, force choke is just an aggressive and deadly variation of telekinesis.

[member="Mira Gyndar"]

Anakin used force choke often in Clone Wars even in front of Obi-Wan as did Ahsoka.

So, I guess it depends on the degree it's applied? No clue. Not all is black and white.

It's not so gray when you examine it more closely. Jedi application of the Force in battle is largely limited to telekinesis, either pushing people around or throwing things at them. Though there are certainly exceptions, the Jedi do not normally condone using the Force to kill, especially not directly. Choking is a prelude to killing, and the line is surprisingly easy to cross when you have someone's life by a thread. Yes, it's just applied TK, but it's TK applied in a very specific and dangerous manner, which is something Jedi don't condone.

Is it inherently Dark to use your telekinesis to hold someone else's body, or even squeeze it? Maybe, maybe not, but it's certainly Dark to use the Force to kill someone.

The Sith, naturally, have no such compunctions. A show of dominance over a lesser being is the truest expression of their belief system. It's a similar reason to why I agree with the Electric Judgement panning above. Lightning is the purest manifestation of the Dark Side's willingness to kill using direct application of the Force. It's hatred and aggression given visual and physical form. A Jedi super-shouldn't be able to do that without Falling so hard they crack the pavement.

The Force is a wonderful, diverse tool, and the many games and comics and books have given us a fantastic variety of ways to use it, but it's not all sunshine and puppies. Sometimes something stupid slips through the cracks, like "Light Side" lightning or the ability to alter time. You have to take the good with the bad, unfortunately. #EU

Corey's OOC

And where were the spiders
Can't we all agree that killing someone with anger is just like lightning? And probably the most fun thing in the world?

Next to watching their eyes go dark as you drain the life out of them in the most delicious way possible.

Fabula Cavataio said:
Which would require extreme use of Art of the Small, an overused and normally poorly used power. It requires concentration and time to effect particularly small changes, and splicing individual molecules would require enormous concentration. Doing so on a suitably large scale to create an explosion of a great enough magnitude to be useful on a military level? That is almost certainly Master-level work, and by no means should it be instantaneous.

Plus, that's cheesy as hell. You're creating a hydrogen bomb with your brain. I can hear the RPJs glaring from here.
actually, it would only require a minute number of molecules to cause the desired effect, the energy from breaking one bond would be enough to create a blast powerful enough to kill hundreds. That being said, I probably won't actually use this one on any of my characters (hell, I don't have any serious characters who are force sensitive anyway, yet ^.^)

Destiny said:
Eh, mostly a joke. A master could do this to devastating effect, but it's kinda obvious that i am kidding seeing as I am a droid and can't use the force.
As a master, I could never see myself doing this, even if all I ever was capable of using was art of the small or combustion.

Corey's OOC

And where were the spiders
There are a lot of good from the EU, but there is a line where it gets to be too much. That being said, I have a style of writing where characters get the 'required secondary powers' (TK, Telepathy, body controls) and it goes from there. My comments were satire, but its because I write more like a mutant/X-Man than a wide array of skill set.

Like, Marek is TK and from there he'll be doing weather altering.

If you have the required powers to do something else, and the required internal struggle (I'm looking at you, electric judgement Jedi) I feel it all can work. Mostly.

Unless its super anime.

*Pops in upon seeing Art of the Small mentioned*

Did someone say Art of the Sma-

Silara said:
I sincerely hope this is a joke.

Fabula Cavataio said:
Which would require extreme use of Art of the Small, an overused and normally poorly used power. It requires concentration and time to effect particularly small changes, and splicing individual molecules would require enormous concentration. Doing so on a suitably large scale to create an explosion of a great enough magnitude to be useful on a military level? That is almost certainly Master-level work, and by no means should it be instantaneous.

Plus, that's cheesy as hell. You're creating a hydrogen bomb with your brain. I can hear the RPJs glaring from here.

Silara said:
As a master, I could never see myself doing this, even if all I ever was capable of using was art of the small or combustion.

itVtNcK.gif

I don't make massive explosions. Just enough to be like a grenade without a grenade QQ I'll just go back to changing my body around.

Fabula Cavataio said:

Good ole' AotS.

Shame so very few people know how to use it *PROPERLY* here, else I'd have looked into it already. I'm not one for handwaving power knowledge, however. *sniffsobwalksoff*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom