Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

creating new force powers

There's so many canon powers, chances are whatever you're trying to do can already be done with canon abbilities. :p

[member="Arumi Zy"]

Mrrew said:
There's so many canon powers, chances are whatever you're trying to do can already be done with canon abilities. :p
What the over-sized housecat said. There are even "INSTA-STRIKE-OF-DEATH" type things. They're just considered very, very rare powers.
Also, Mrrew, I fixed your typo.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Arumi Zy said:
Title sums it up, how do we go about it and get it set up with you guys.
Sup Zy. This isn't a thing here man. It's been brought up before and we got the 'We don't do that' from the brass and Factory people. Anyway. Hope that helps. Cheers.

Indeed, it's not done. There are so many cannon powers to choose from.

What exactly are you looking for? And maybe we all can help you find something that will fit what you would like to have.

[member="Arumi Zy"]

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="Destiny"] Actually, yeah. Sorta. The only limit to what the Force can do is your imagination. :D

Now, that said? Common courtesy dictates that you not do anything that your writing partners will moan and complain about. Lol. Such as summoning Celestial Unicorns, or Flying Laser Machine Guns, and Pink Lightning Orbs of Sparkly-Doom. Naturally these are outrageous choices, but you get the idea. :p

Destiny said:
sooo, were I to say, use several canon powers in conjunction in such a way as to cause a scientifically awesome result then I would be okay?
What [member="Jay Scott Clark"] said is right. Obsurd things like Pink Lightning orbs of Sparkly-Doom are not really the fab, nor necessary.

One thing that I have done before, is using the force to unlock doors. There are stil some places in the galaxy that don't have those iconic hiss doors with hydraulics and all that extra crap. There are still places where an old fashioned key lock is the way to go. As such, you can use telekinesis, or the art of moving crap with your mind, to unlock said door by lifting the little slits inside the lock to the correct position, and then twisting. Presto, you have an open door.

Simple things like that can be done. Or even people have said to use reverse forms of the force. Like Pyrokinesis users can learn how to use cryokineiss because instead of adding energy or heat, they take it away instead. Presto, you have both sides of the spectrum. The force is something that is only limited to your imagination. AND THIS ONE QUOTE.

"The force is infinite, You are not."

Cheers.

The only thing I did not like about the EU was Emerald Lightning/Judgement - it's the same thing as Force Lightning.

Just a random, passing - bored thought.

*plants EU Support Banner and flees*

Xander Carrick said:
What [member="Jay Scott Clark"] said is right. Obsurd things like Pink Lightning orbs of Sparkly-Doom are not really the fab, nor necessary.

One thing that I have done before, is using the force to unlock doors. There are stil some places in the galaxy that don't have those iconic hiss doors with hydraulics and all that extra crap. There are still places where an old fashioned key lock is the way to go. As such, you can use telekinesis, or the art of moving crap with your mind, to unlock said door by lifting the little slits inside the lock to the correct position, and then twisting. Presto, you have an open door.

Simple things like that can be done. Or even people have said to use reverse forms of the force. Like Pyrokinesis users can learn how to use cryokineiss because instead of adding energy or heat, they take it away instead. Presto, you have both sides of the spectrum. The force is something that is only limited to your imagination. AND THIS ONE QUOTE.

"The force is infinite, You are not."

Cheers.
Then ima use the force to separate water into hydrogen and oxygen before adding heat to it causing it to explode :D

Which would require extreme use of Art of the Small, an overused and normally poorly used power. It requires concentration and time to effect particularly small changes, and splicing individual molecules would require enormous concentration. Doing so on a suitably large scale to create an explosion of a great enough magnitude to be useful on a military level? That is almost certainly Master-level work, and by no means should it be instantaneous.

Plus, that's cheesy as hell. You're creating a hydrogen bomb with your brain. I can hear the RPJs glaring from here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom