Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship CR90 Mark VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
rzmEwoH.png
rffkXf.gif

• Intent: Update the Agents of Chaos Fleet.
  • Image Source: Image Link
  • Canon Link: Canon Link
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
rffWKA.gif

rf0rK2.gif

rf0pij.gif

rffqdz.gif

rL0afF.gif

+ Automation - With a number of fire control systems being automated in the retrofit, space and crew requirements were cut down.
+ Faraday - The inbuilt faraday cage helps resist emp effects.
+ Heavy Loadout - This vessel is armed for ship to ship combat.
+ Shielded - The Force Avenger Energy pulls it's weight both protecting, and providing power to the ship using molecular shielding technology.
+ Sensors Away - With a myriad of sensor decoy options, this ship can certainly put in a good effort to sneak in, or attempt escape.
rf03GQ.gif

- Automation - Sufficient emp/ion damage will weaken this ship for a time.
- Starfighters - The focus of this vessel was against other ships, and starfighters are a major weakness for this ship.
- Small - This ship is meant for a picket line, or being supported by larger or similar vessels against capital ships.
- Switch Power - The molecular shield can be worn down by concentrated fire, requiring it to be recharged completely before it can be activated again.
- Axial Blindspot - It's Correllian in design, and thus the large engine array limits the field of fire.
rffRSN.gif

Crew: 75
Passenger Capacity: 20 possible
Storage Room: 500 metric tons
Med Bay
Crew Quarters
Consumables 12 months

With larger vessels dominating the majority of the Agents fleet roster, little attention had been given to the lackluster picket lines and general mindset of the hit and run strategies that the fleet had previously held itself to. An effort was made to design a new line of ships for such an endeavor to return to such tactics, but the majority were displeased with the results of drafting and spit-balling designs.

Looking to the past, contacts of the engineers brought them older ships from auctions, scrap yards, and collections to rework and rearm as a way of bringing the past back, with a blast.

The first in the lineup was formerly a CR90 corvette. In keeping with its former life, the vessel was stripped down to bare minimum with the idea of arming it heavily to run enemy lines and open up weak points in their formations using hit and run tactics. The throat of the vessel was trimmed down, the engine bay rearranged while being shortened with the command compartment being flattened into a hammerhead form.

Last edited:
Niki Priddy Niki Priddy

A solid take on an old design, but there are some things I'd like to look at before passing this along.
  • You seem to be missing the "Out of Character Information" header. Hardly a major issue but I'd like to give you the chance to use the full set since Agents of Chaos have such aesthetic headers. Do give my compliments to whoever made them.
  • Very minor issue, but the current rules require Affiliations to be linked even if they are also linked as Manufacturers, in this case AoC.
  • There was a minor Factory update after the holidays, so I will need you to add the "Market Status" and "Single Craft Hangar" fields, per the current Starship Templates. Additionally, Squadron/Hangar Count should be "Hangar Space" followed by "Hangar Allocation", the latter is required even when a vessel does not carry Small Craft, please simply fill it out as "N/A".
    • As an aside, the Hyperdrive Class field is no longer required, though a class must still be stated. To be clear, this is just to sum up the changes; since fields may freely be added to the template you may keep it in this submission or even add it to others.
  • Your vessel is overbalanced by one point, as such one rating should be reduced by one point or a significant weakness added. If you consult the Starship Templates linked above, you will note that a vessel between 100 and 199 metres has an "Average" Hangar Space of 0. Therefore, ratings cannot be gained by lowering it further. Your Production rating of Limited gives you two points, however.
    • If the system is confusing, I suggest checking out the handy spreadsheet found under "Tools" at the top of Starship Templates.
  • The phrasing of your weakness "Eventually", "The molecular shield system can be worn down by excessive concentrated fire.", reads more like a strength than a weakness. I would suggest amending or removing it, as it does not fit an "Average" defence rating in my opinion.

AMCO AMCO

Added the Out of Character information header.
Affiliation has been listed.
Added market status.
Hyperdrive field has been condensed.
Rebalanced armament from Very High to High by removing 2 sparker cannons and a bomblet generator. (Thank you for clarifying the over balance before nuclear fission had been achieved)
Rebalanced the weakness listing for the molecular shield listing.

Niki Priddy Niki Priddy

Excellent, we are very nearly there. You do seem to have forgotten to add the "Single Craft Hangar" field between "Hangar Allocations" and "Maneuverability", however. I've included a screenshot of how the template is supposed to look beneath, please also fix the Hangar Space field while you're at it. As per the template, you may simply fill it out as "Yes." or "No.".

unknown.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom