Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Coruscant Isolation

Coruscant, Jedi Temple. Ryv Ryv

There was a cool breeze in the air outside the temple, flowers blooming and the sun shining. It was an afternoon that was filled with productively forced habits. With so many Padawans with their Masters beyond, it was no surprise that L’yoom would take advantage of the free real estate available in the Training Area. However, the requirement is that a Master be present and for L’yoom that was unfortunately not entirely possible as Aurik had passed. She was determined to train regardless of supervision or not.

The courses were of little difficulty to the Padawan, though she had much training due to her own lifeline as a huntress. She managed to move agilely through the course and made it to the end th first few times. The last time she practiced with a saber in hand, attempting to deflect bolts, though they were on low power-- She was sufficiently hit by almost every single one before stumbling off the course and down to the floor with a happy thud.

“Something else, I think...” She groaned herself, struggling to standing back up before moving toward the device on the wall, trying to navigate it by trial and error. In fact, she mostly picked that course entirely by accident, not having any idea how to set the difficulty or anything of the sort. Perhaps the supervisor wasn’t entirely unjustified. However, L’yoom saw it more as an opportunity to prepare for the unknown.

She mumbled a few of the titles as she scrolled through the listings.

Last edited:
Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
From above the large-scale obstacle course and massive training grounds, Ryv watched the Jedi Knight from his office. He leaned against the window, chin propped up in his right hand, while his left held his phone to his ear. L'yoom's repeated attempts at the course earned her silent praise from the Sword. Not many folks could take a beating and keep it going. He made a mental note to mention that to her, hopefully, help boost her confidence if needed. Worse-case, he'd just say something nice, and they'd move on to something else. Win-Win sorta deal.

"Alrighty, babe," Ryv said. "I'm gonna have to let you go now. It looks like your student is getting her butt kicked by the course. Time to go down there and make sure she's alright, maybe give her some advice."

He fell silent, listening to the other person speak.

"You don't have to thank me, you know I don't mind helping you out," he pushed off the wall and stretched, one arm raised to the sky. Whoever it was on the other end chimed in, seeing a faint blush come to the kiffar's face. "Aww, seriously, love, you do- oh, c'mon, you're the best," he turned around and leaned against the wall, his free hand sliding into his jacket. "You really wanna do all this cute stuff right now? Why not when I'm home later?" he paused. "Wha- No! Of course, it doesn't bother me, I'm just, you know, ignoring your student at the moment. I don't wanna leave her hanging too long. She might wind up getting upset when I tell her the last person to use the course left it on a higher difficulty setting than what a padawan could handle."

Ryv laughed at the reply. "Yeah, it is hella funny, I agree."

He pulled open the window and slid one leg over the edge, then the other, before taking a seat. "Wait, you're wearing what?" his eyes widened. "Right now? You're supposed to be home sick."

His face took on a reddish hue. "No, babe- stop, don't send a picture!"

The phone beeped against his head a split-second later. Ryv pulled it up and looked down at the screen. His jaw practically dropped to the floor several stories down.

"Yeah, okay, I'm gonna hurry home after I finish up here, and we can try that thing you wanted to try," he tugged at his shirt collar. "Yeah, yeah, I'll see you at home. I love you, baby girl."

With that, the Jed Knight hung up and dropped from the window. He fell a few dozen feet before taking a deep breath. The force came to his aid, blanketing him in a protective bubble that kept his legs from folding in on themselves as he hit the floor. A grunt sounded at his arrival. Ryv straightened, dusted himself off, and waved L'yoom's way.

"Hey kid, how ye doin'?"

A spear laid on the ground with no wielder.

“Again.”

Her voice chimed as an echo through memories. The haze of kicked up dust fluttered around the area, the smell of old water and burnt wood filled the air. A barrier was neatly wrapped around a battered dirt floor with two combatants inside. The night was deep in the hour and torches lit the area around them. One woman stood tall, holding one of the flaming barks herself, watching her child face the creature. Many others observed with interest.

“Mother, I wish to stop.” L’yoom huffed and held her side, feeling the sharp pain starting to worsen with every movement she made. Across from the small child was the boar, snarling and kicking the dirt. The anger in its eyes for being held in captivity was assured. There was nothing but unrelenting rage. A hatred for the girl, simply for being in the way.

“No child of mine leaves without that tusk!” Mother demanded, she always did.

A moment later, the girl was tackled by the charging boar, causing her to launch back against the barrier, slamming into it and hitting the floor with a seemingly lifeless thump.

“Again.”

Her voice was like steel rubbing against steel, a sharp and raspy tone. Mother was angry.

L’yoom struggled back up to her feet, holding the sides of the barrier for support as she started to move along the edges, watching the boar. It was proud of what it had done and was more excited for what was next. It kicked the floor again, L’yoom knowing the indicator. As it rushed forward, she climbed upon the fence, leaping onto its head and jumping down behind it, grasping her spear back from the ground.

As she tried to turn and balance herself, the weight of the spear caused her to stumble back, the boar already charging for her once again. It was as though she saw the moment of death approaching. The large creature outweighed her, capable of crushing her if it were to simply fall upon her… And here she was, stumbling to the floor. As the boar rushed her, the spear fell perfectly into place.

It saved her life, but ruined her reputation. The tribe saw only weakness and fear. This was intolerable and as such, Mother was displeased. Mother was always displeased.

--

“ASP -19… A Droid?” L’yoom said softly after pressing the icon. It seemed like a good challenge for a Padawan… However, unbeknownst to her, anything but the training courses were meant to be off limits for her. As she stared at the screen, she heard the rusty machine moving behind her. As she turned, it was already at the center of the course, staring at her with a batton-like arm.

It seemed that the Jedi Knight was preoccupied to have noticed at first, and the Padawan was far too focused on what just appeared before her to mention it. The series of events happened almost in the blink of an eye.

“You are a lot bigger than I expected…” She said softly, drawing her lightsaber though failing to ignite it at the sheer surprise of how quickly it moved.

Despite the machine's mechanical walk, it was quick. She watched as a saber of its own suddenly ignited from its right arm, approaching the Padawan for a strike. She attempted to evade it, rushing to move upon a ramp. It quickly swiped at her feet, causing her to trip and fall, hitting the ramp and stumbling off the side.

She fell at the machine's feet, looking up to see it towering over her as it raised its arm up to strike. L’yoom quickly raised her hand, attempting a force push but to no avail. She glanced at her hand as though it were broken, instead opting to roll out of the way as it strikes the floor below with a hiss of the sabers contact.

It was then that Ryv seemed to have come onto the course, though in his distracted state failed to realize that the young Togruta seemed to be already well into a training session that she was not ready for. That much was apparent in her display thus far.

As she rolled up, she ignited her own blade, the blue glow emitting from it, she moved in to strike it with a down-left and upward angled strike. The Droid’s other blade came up, swatting the upward moving blade, causing her to lose her grip and send the blade flying toward the middle of the course. The girl gasped at the display, hands up in the air as she almost thought to try and reach out for the hilt to bring it back, but her attention was broken as L’yoom felt it slam its metal arm against her side. The impact caused L'yoom to be launched back against one of the course platforms. The Togruta hit the side, knocking the wind out of her before reaching to grasp a guard trail, trying to pull herself up.

As she kicked her feet in an attempt to climb, the ASP Droid leaped, landing upon the course platform she was attempting to climb on. It raised its saber arm up high. L’yoom’s eyes widening in fear as she watched it prepare to strike her and effectively drop her several feet to the ground!

“I wish to stop!” She cried aloud!

Ryv Ryv

With the arrival of her master the ever close rose joined. Was she stalking him? Seemed so at this point.

Rose watched the losing battle noticing that the droid was too much for her. She debated what to do. She would always think for far too long it was going to kill someone someday. But Ryv very much balanced that out he was too brash in his decisions sometimes not thinking of the consequences especially when friends were involved.

Rose activated her own saber and watched again unsure what to do. Would the droid stop at her command? She never completely trusted them.to easy for things to be done to them make them a spy or a weapon.

Well she never really completely trusted anyone. Aside from Ryv she trusted him. She had been with other padawans and knights before but she ignored them. Perhaps she already did not have a good look at them from how some of them had treated her master. Even if inwardly she felt like he was a bit over in some ways. That’s the only way she could think of it just over.

She did learn from her last interaction with them. The mist weaver was a spectacular person to learn from. She was happy that she had gone.

Just in case Rose used the force to pull the ASP droid away.

She looked between the two of them now. She flourished her blade in one smooth movement.

her saber was a translucent yellow gold. the ghost fire crystal had a disorentating affect that acted immeditly.

“You're alright?” Rose called to her.

Rose was tempted to have her own take at the droid. She scoffed in amusement at her own thoughts. Like she could take it but still.

Ryv Ryv L'yoom Ka L'yoom Ka

Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
Apparently, Ryv hadn't noticed the droid beating the snot out of L'yoom. Not a surprise, given the photo still floating around through his thoughts. Of all the days to throw on something like that, Ripley chose the one day he wasn't gonna be home till well past sundown? He sighed, his attention finally finding the struggling togruta not far from him. He blinked once, surprised to see the state of the battle, then a second time, even more surprised by his lack of situational awareness, and then a third time at, well, the fact he hadn't moved an inch since he arrived.

Rose's appearance brought everything to a screeching halt, thankfully. The droid flew through the air, landing a good dozen feet away from the fallen padawan. Ryv rolled his neck and cleared the distance between it and him in the blink of an eye. His body blurred, near-invisible to the naked eye. A mighty crash sounded from the droid's now crumpled frame, his fist buried wrist-deep within its chest. It spasmed, its attention shifting to the Jedi Knight now directly in front of it. Ryv grinned, reached up towards the control panel on its back, and quickly deactivated the droid before it could properly begin its routine anew.

He stepped away from the training droid, his attention shifting back to L'yoom. Behind him, the droid marched back to a side-door that welcomed it before sliding closed behind it.

"Y'know," Ryv wandered over to the togruta, a hand offered to help her stand. "This course ain't meant for padawan learners without their masters, kid. Well, not without my permission, anyway."

Ryv looked Rose's way and smiled. "Hey there, Rose. You here for some training?"

rose grinned. "hey Ryv sure i could always use some training if your up for it!"

after the whole fiasco rose payed no mind to it. she was impressed with Ryv's speed. she believed she could beat it some time. a skinshift that would increase her speed along with force speed and some training? who would keep up with her then? rose tilted her head and created some threads of the force quickly creating a little portrait of Ryv.

she smiled playfully excited to show her master her new trick. "here ya go!" she said proudly. she was like a sweet child showing there parents their newest drawing. right after she returned to herself and went to go help up the other padawan.

she did not say anything to her aside from when she asked if she was alright. just held out a hand to pull her up.

Ryv Ryv L'yoom Ka L'yoom Ka

Last edited:
The young Togruta hadn’t fallen just yet, still clinging to the elevated platform. L’yoom was thankful that the Jedi had intervened, having lost her focus-- had just as quickly lost her ability to utilize the Force. She was certainly embarrassed with the display, hoping Ripley would not hear of it…

As the platform lowered back to the ground after Ryv’s reset the course, she was able to stumble off of it once her feet touched the ground, falling to the floor onto her back. A huff of frustration came from her as she stared up at the illumination above. “Fear is a chaotic feeling. Very wrong.” She reminded herself, speaking primarily to the air.

She heard some chatter from another individual, squinting her eyes as she turned her head to look back toward them. L’yoom watched Ryv approach, another seemed to have arrived. The girl softly pursed her lips as she grew frustrated with herself, having failed in front of two people now

L’yoom grasped Ryv’s extended hand as he arrived, allowing her to be pulled up with aid. “I was not aware… Or forgot. I know little about machines. I should have asked, I am sorry.” She said, clearing her throat, looking toward Rose as she smiled, then back toward Ryv.

“I saw you on the Holowibbly bibbly.” She stated, squinting her eyes up at him trying to remember the name. She pointed a finger up at him, like trying to draw the word out.“Rive---- Reeve.. Wait.” She recalled Ripley having said it before, “Master Riff.” and recalling, she failed. A smile of accomplishment on her face. “I am L’yoom Ka, Padawan.” She said, looking toward Rose and back to Ryv. “Excuse me…”

The Togruta took an awkward step back before turning to move over and get her saber from off the floor. A short jog and she was there, reaching out for it. It took a moment but as it launched up to her, it flew past her hand and over her head. L’yoom had to twirl in her step to catch it as it fell behind her. Quickly, she retreated the blade to her side and stared back at the two of them. “Did Master Kuhn send you?”

Ryv Ryv Rose Ann Lovely Rose Ann Lovely

Was actually very friendly
So far as Khefiir could tell on arrival, Ryv and the two Padawans had pushed this particular configurable training course to the limit. He hissed a laugh under his breath as he surveyed the damage. He especially enjoyed the training droid with a fist-shaped crater in its chest.

"Hello all," he said. "Rosse, that'ss a beautiful misst-weaving, desspite itss ssubject matter." Another little hissing laugh. "Hello, Ryv." He'd known the Sword for a while, albeit not particularly closely, and he'd taught Rose when she visited the Coronet City enclave. The other, the Togruta, was new to him.

"Sso who made the messs? Or wasss it a joint effort?"

L'yoom Ka L'yoom Ka Rose Ann Lovely Rose Ann Lovely Ryv Ryv

Last edited:
Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
"Right on," Ryv said in response to Rose.

L'yoom's predicament was far from ideal, though it definitely kept the kiffar's smile in place. "Fear sucks, yeah. Don't beat yourself up over it. Fear is a normal thing, one of the many instincts sentients like you and I share. The fearless, though admired by many, definitely aren't the brightest of the bunch. It's sorta like... How should I put this... A warning, I guess. Be it body or mind, we pick up on stuff that might be dangerous through fear. Bravery is just the state of overcoming that fear to do what's gotta be done."

Not the most eloquent delivery, but it would have to do. For the time being, he looked over to Rose and watched the redhead's trick with a smile, content to enjoy the display rather than steer the discussion back on track. Even if it wouldn't be of much use on a battlefield, seeing something of the sort showcased his apprentice's growth. The kiffar doubted she would require his tutelage as long as others might. Rose's earlier training set her apart from the average padawan. Hell, he still needed to get to the bottom of how much the girl knew.

"Aw, thanks," he took the gift and slid it into his jacket pocket, careful not to tarnish its shape. "I dunno how long this bad boy will last, but I'll find a place for it in my office. Maybe by the window?"

He chuckled as the togruta tried to piece together the Jedi Knight's identity. "Ryv is fine. Pleasure to meet you, L'yoom. I hope you don't mind I'm stepping in for her today. She had to stay home sick. Nasty stomach bug, or something, I dunno."

To anyone familiar with the Knight, this behavior was natural for him. He didn't much care for the titles tied to being a Jedi, nor did the longstanding tradition matter all that much to him. Auteme constantly chided him about it, believing it would be better for him and others to show a bit more respect to the old ways, and while he agreed, creating good habits always proved more difficult than forming bad ones.

Before he could speak further, another arrived!

"Hey, what's going on, Khefiir?" Ryv grinned up at the bulky trandoshan. "Joint effort, I'd say. L'yoom got a bit ahead of herself, Rose jumped in to help, and I stepped in to make sure it didn't attack either of these two again. I accidentally left the course on my personal settings, so it probably wouldn't of went over well for 'em. Not my best moment," he sighed. "Though, I've been having a lot of bad ones lately."

He looked at the two students. "The both of you seem to struggle a bit with the uh... darker emotions on the spectrum. In a fight, that sorta thing can land you in a bad spot. What do you guys say to some lessons on one of my favorite techniques for centering mind and body? It's even useful in a scrap, which makes it doubly awesome."

“I am L’yoom Ka, Padawan.” She said, seeing the strange creature move toward them. At first, she thought it might have been a training creature, but then it started speaking and is also wearing clothes. It was the first time L’yoom had ever seen such a being and frankly, he was quite fierce looking. He would have made an excellent rival on her home planet. The young Padawan gave him a bow as he moved. Eventually, she straightened up and moved toward Ryv as he explained his wisdom.

“Bravery. This is good.” She said softly to herself. Speaking to herself was something she commonly did. It helped her register that what she was being told was good or bad. The way Ryv had explained it actually made a lot of sense. Had she been brave and steady, she may have likely been able to at least keep the lightsaber in her hand against the droid… “I will meditate on this wisdom.”

As she adjusted herself, she felt the bruising already starting to come from getting absolutely bodied by the ASP Droid. She stopped walking just before the group, grunting subtly as she felt a pain in her side from earlier. Enduring it for now seemed simple enough.

“It is a pleasure to meet you, Master Ryv.” She’d state, bowing to him and feeling that ever so lovely bruise pain. When she straightened up, she looked up at him when he mentioned Kuhn being ill. “May the force bring her to good health.” L’yoom said genuinely, a look of subtle concern revealing itself before she straightened up her expression. She was still working on that.

The young Togruta turned to watch Ryv speak with Khefiir and Rose, simply looking from one to the other as they communicated. It was a clear sight of her marveling as she saw so many skilled people entering the training course. She picked a bad day to get absolutely beat up, that was for sure.

“I have learned that it is very difficult to implement my teachings of the force when I am not in a clear state of mind.” L’yoom smiled to Ryv, “It would be most beneficial if such a skill was added to my…repertoire.” She pronounced that last word somewhat slowly, as though she were still getting the hang of just saying it. “I spend so much time thinking, it becomes difficult to harmonize my mind with my body… I wish to learn this… doubly awesome Jedi ability. Force Awesome.” L’yoom nodded in approval, wishing to learn this exciting new technique, unbeknownst of its traditional origin.

“If I may, Master Ryv.” She spoke, “I have learned much in my time and teachings here at the Jedi Temple… When I was quite young on my home planet, I was instilled with a hunteress’ mindset that demanded I act in body more than mind. Having to learn to do both in a balance has been a challenge, but I believe this is exactly what I have needed… It truly is the Force that has brought us together. Thank you, Master.”

Ryv Ryv Khefiir Khefiir Rose Ann Lovely Rose Ann Lovely

Rose grinned. "thanks i have been practicing!" she then returned to Ryv Ryv . "for all i care you can crush it and throw it out."

listening to them both and decided she did not mind Khefiir Khefiir . perhaps he would be some one she trusted like Ryv. he was a kind teacher as well as the mist-weaver so she owed him that at least.

"I wish it was just i whom made the mess would make me look a bit cooler but alas." her words dripped with a joking melodramatic tone.

"I would be ever so glad to learn something new with my master and the others standing before me." Rose brushed back her hair. she should give the other padawan a chance. Right? she needed to tear down the walls she made. be kind to every one she meets like she used to be. tear down the wall she made to protect her softer side. she started with Ryv went to khefiir and now would try adding L'yoom Ka L'yoom Ka to her small circle of people she trusted.

"and how can i say no to doubly awesome?"

Was actually very friendly
"I'll ssit in ass well if that'ss alright, Ryv. Alwayss interessted in how otherss teach."

Khefiir nodded at L'yoom's comments on the body/mind imbalance of training as a hunter. Though he'd been raised in the Jedi for the most part, Trandoshan culture put hunting first, last, and always. He knew exactly what she was talking about. More than once he'd castigated himself for putting too much emphasis on the technical aspects of the lightsaber forms he taught - Makashi, Soresu, Ataru, Djem So, Niman, Juyo. Connecting with the abstractions and spirituality of using the lightsaber might not be the only thing holding him back from Master...but it was certainly a factor.

Ryv Ryv L'yoom Ka L'yoom Ka Rose Ann Lovely Rose Ann Lovely

Rose was glad that Khefiir Khefiir was sticking around and went over to give him a proper greeting. she bowed a little then smiled. "its really good to see you again."

and surprisingly it was rose was very happy to see him. rose then looked back to her master ready for his next words on what to do. she relaxed feeling safe with the two of them. she enjoyed that sensation safety. she hasn't felt safe in a very long time. not that her last master helped with that. he was one of the reason she had a distrust for everyone. she knew she had to let go of the past. let bygones be bygones or something like that.

the other padawan had a hard time letting go of the past to. well made her feel better knowing that letting go of such thing was a hard task. she could do it though she would never be perfect hell her own master Ryv Ryv had his troubles.

rose rubbed her shoulder gently. not that it made hers any less bad. she decided to chill next to Khefiir for the time being. there was something else to not just safety another feeling she could not put her finger on. she liked it though.

L'yoom Ka L'yoom Ka

Last edited:

Auraya Irath-Ur

A
She hadn't meant to enter.
As she strolled down the hallway, seeking a space to quietly train, she had not intended on entering the room where a lot of different voices drifted from. She had given it a cursory glance of course as she came upon it, even peeked inside to try and figure out who was gathered and why. But she had not meant to intrude.
And yet she felt herself drawn in all the same. Perhaps it was because Ryv was there, a man she hadn't seen since that one Shii-Cho lesson if she recalled correctly, or maybe it was the pleasant surprise of Khefiir who had been a pleasure to learn from thus far. Or maybe, just maybe, it was the realization that she wasn't the only struggling Padawan in this place, as her eyes fell to the one named L'yoom and Raya saw a reflection of herself.
So enter she did, on timid feet, crossing that threshold before she even mentally realized she'd done it.
The room was vast, a training arena of sorts which could be programmed to run through various obstacle courses and the like. Nothing she had ever attempted, not yet at least, she was one to stick to her droids. It was easier that way. Nobody to disappoint if she was alone.
But she wasn't alone, not in this room certainly. Still she hung back near the benches, and looked on. If it was a private lesson she'd turn tail and leave, of course, she wasn't going to impede someone else's learning, but if it was open to others then she might as well give it - whatever it was - a shot.

L'yoom felt the presence of someone new, her montrails giving that tender sensassion of movement to her. She turned and saw someone peering and beginning to move into the room. As she watched Khefiir wave her over, she saw that as a proper invitation, but wanted to be sure she knew it to be true. Feeling brave, she began to move over toward them, a bit of a wobble in her step from her injuries, though nothing too serious. "Hello you." She said with a smile, stopping a few feet ahead of her and giving her a subtle bow. "I am L'yoom Ka. Ryv was just about to teach us a unique ability known as Force Awesome... You will join us, Yes?" She said, an honest and curious gaze looking to the girl. Auraya Irath-Ur

Last edited:
| Auraya Irath-Ur | Ryv Ryv | Rose Ann Lovely Rose Ann Lovely | L'yoom Ka L'yoom Ka | Khefiir Khefiir |
iMiqfw4.png
The Jedi Temple... standing there after centuries... in the middle of the buzzling city of world of Coruscant. it has been quite a few weeks since Vexander was around the Temple... in fact, he was there just for a second to get to know about the Enclave of Jakku and that is how he got the invitation to join there. But since then, he has been just in the desert planet where he became a permanent resident... a teacher and instructor in the Enclave... although he haven't had the chance to do neither of those in there for the time being.

Still, he checked-in his name in the NJO and he was linked to them one way or the other... especially in these days that he needed something. He just hoped that what have had happened before while meeting some of the Jedi in Jakku wouldn't give them a bad impression. He wouldn't blame them though.

He felt bad for arriving to the NJO HQ just to ask for something... but he required some assistance and he wanted to see if they could lend a hand. He was a poor man afterall, and he was without a ship since that incident where he tried to rescue Romi... his old XA-5 was now lost and perhaps someone else had claimed the ship as their own... such a bad way to let it go but he didn't have attachments to it. It served it's purpose for years and it was time to see what else could be done.

As Vexander did a recon on the Temple to see where he could go, he stumbled upon a group of Jedi in the middle of training apparently... and luckily (or unluckly) for him, a few of them he had met back in Jakku.

Taking a deep breath, he saw no other choice but to actually pass by the place... and casually act all surprised to meet them there.

"My my! Training day!" He said with a smile on his face hoping to erase previous unpleasant perceptions of him "Hope you do not mind if I just look at the progress you all have. I might learn a thing or two"

rose wheezed completely entertained. "Ryv i will forever know what ever you may be teaching us as force awesome." she took a deep breath trying to regain her composer.

" Khefiir Khefiir please tell me that you find that amusing to." she looked at him still silently laughing. "It's cute. i think its cute. i can't. i just can't." she said between breaths.

"welcome!" she finally said to the newcomer. "i'm rose, Rose Ann Lovely. in case we haven't properly met. feel free to join us i don't see why it would be a problem."

rose grinned teasingly giving a side long glance to Ryv Ryv . "nothing wrong bring others if you want let's get a full class."

rose looked over to the new jedi and glared. she did not forget and the smile did not help. she took a deep breath. wasn't his fault everyone had a hand in what happened. she waved at him the bowed still respecting his superiority to her. "count yourself as welcomed Vexander Graves Vexander Graves by me at least."

Last edited:

The Padawan with the fiery hair clearly showed some contempt for the bearded man... sure, she waved and bowed stlightly... but the way she looked at him and her breathing... he was trained to detect those subtle changes in someone's personality as part of his Shadow ways.

He thought that it would be best to clear things out with her and try to level the ground a bit "You are too kind lady, perhaps I can learn a lot from you..." he placed his right hand in his beard and caressed it a bit, thinking and choosing carefully the words that would come out of his mouth "...I know that I didn't act very Jedi like back at Jakku... and for that I apologize" He bowed a bit and then raise back up "I wasn't aware that there were that many different views on how the Jedi should act and some comments just pushed the wrong buttons"

Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
It seemed like the Jedi were just coming out of the woodworks- er, city-works at this point. Rose's arrival didn't outright surprise him. She had a knack for just appearing anytime he made his presence public in the temple. He hadn't seen Khefiir in a few days, though the trandoshan was always a welcome sight. Not many folks Ryv could rely on to take on students and train en mass. The lizard man might've been the best, or at least, up there with Aaran. Ryv hadn't expected Auraya, though, he didn't mind her joining in. If anything, this lesson would likely prove as beneficial to her as it would L'yoom.

"Like Khefiir said, Auraya, you're welcome to join in," Ryv assured the young woman with a smile. "Hold tight for a bit longer, and I'll explain what force awesome, as L'yoom calls it, is."

He wandered away from the group, moving towards the control panel set into the wall close to where the droid disappeared moments before. In the time it took for the Jedi Knight to configure the course for a demonstration, Vexander had also arrived, wandering a bit too close to Ryv's apprentice. He looked over his shoulder, doing a double-take at the glare aimed the Jedi Master's way. Fortunately, the fiery redhead appeared to bring it well under control. He chuckled.

"Very good, Rose. Be nice to the other Jedi," he muttered to himself and returned to the group.

"Alrighty, so," the kiffar looked over the gathered Jedi. "Everyone struggles with emotion. Some folks get upset easier. Other people find themselves caught up in bad memories, wallowing in things like sadness, grief, etc. One of the best things you can do is meditate. Some good ol' fashioned breathing can help bring things into perspective."

Ryv unclipped his saber and lifted it for them all to see. "The New Jedi Order has become the sword that strikes out against the darkness. People look to us as heroes for taking up this fight. Unfortunately, that puts many Jedi in danger, physically and mentally. The last thing I want for anyone who willingly joins this cause is not seeing you come home. I think of the Order as my family. So, I want to do everything I can to take care of my family. And right now, that means helping those of you who struggle with your emotions bring them under control."

"I don't think emotion is a bad thing. The light is born of hope, joy, and love. Don't ignore what you feel, but do not be a slave to those emotions either. Need to find a balance," he turned and wandered up a small set of stairs onto a platform sitting dead center of the course. With a flick of his thumb, he activated Resolve, its viridescent blade surging to life in his hand. Several small marksman-h training droids, joined by their saber toting counterparts, surrounded the kiffar.

"This technique, center of being, allows a Jedi to fall inward and rely on the force to center both mind and body. Allow me to show you."

He lifted his lightsaber hilt just below his chin, the blade pointed out to his left. Ryv's stance appeared neutral otherwise, with his legs and feet lax, as if he were just hanging about. To top it all off, he closed his eyes, seemingly blind to the threat all around him.

One of the droids fired on him, the shot aimed for the kiffar's head. A second and third followed suit, one for his chest, the other his lower back. Ryv's saber flashed up to meet the first in a vertical swipe that immediately turned into a downward chop. He pivoted on his backfoot, twirling about to turn aside the final shot. A droid lunged forward with a thrust meant to disembowel the Jedi Knight, only for Ryv to pull his saber across his body, knocking the strike away.

Back and forth it went for nearly a minute, the droids intent on battering the Sword, while he flawlessly warded them away with short, precise movements of his emerald blade. By the minute's end, they all deactivated simultaneously.

"You see," Ryv opened his eyes, looking back to the crowd. "The strength in this technique is being at peace with yourself. Your emotions cannot overwhelm you. You're at one with the force. It warns you of the danger while guiding your blade. It provides all the benefits of sitting down to clear your mind while allowing you to overcome near insurmountable odds in the heat of battle."

He stepped forward and dropped down from the platform.

"I want everyone to pair up. Find a partner. Vexander, Khefiir, if you would be so kind as to each take one of the padawans, I would appreciate it. L'yoom, Auraya, Rose," he looked to the three of them. "The key to this exercise is knowing that you aren't in any real danger. Getting hit by a training saber ain't pretty, but you aren't going to lose a limb. After you've taken the time to get to know your partner, take the stance I just showed to you, find your center, and try to defend yourself from your partner's attacks. Let's stick to the Shii-cho strike zones for now. I'm sure all of you are familiar with those."

Ryv deactivated his saber and returned it to his belt. "Since we've got an uneven number, L'yoom, you and I will pair up. I promised Ripley I'd take good care of you today."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom